The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about sports

Old 07-01-2018, 10:50 PM

LeBron is taking his talents to Venice Beach.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Mega Man 4 Superfan

Golden State gets more ridiculous with each passing year. If they were not my adopted team* until the Sonics return, I would probably be on the hate train.

But they are, and I'm not.

*I tried to adopt the Blazers, then the Celtics, but it never took. I loved watching Curry play for Davidson in the tourney, and when the noise about him really picked up in 2015, I glommed on to GS and never looked back.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:57 PM
This Guy

The most infuriating thing about Boogie to the Warriors is that no one offered him more.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:07 PM

It's not that nobody offered him more, but nobody offered him sufficiently more. And I don't really blame anyone for a number of reasons.

1) I think there was maybe like a handful of teams in the league this off-season that even had any amount of cap space to sign free agents, and none of them good teams that would be close to contention if Cousins or anyone else signed with them.

2) He's coming off of an injury that is often career ending and he's a big, big fella so who wants to throw down max money on a gamble like that?

3) Reportedly other teams did offer more, but not sufficiently more to make up for the fact that on GS he can probably win a championship.

And that last one is a big kicker, because after watching Cousins closely for the first 6 or so years of his career, the only thing he cares about are loyalty and winning (which is where a lot of his bad attitude comes from, when he's often losing). Money is a distant distant third. So it makes total sense for him to rehab on the Warriors for a year, prove he can play/be a winner/good teammate, win a championship, and then go somewhere else next year for a big contract when a lot more teams will have cap space.

Tags
basketball , nba , ncaa , shut up and jam , wnba