The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 02-09-2019, 10:59 PM
Mistress Greywolfe

Pronouns: He, Him

Atlus used to be one of my favorite publishers, but I haven't played a game they've released since P5 and there's little in the future that interests me. I'm not saying I'll never buy from them again just yet, but I am realizing that if swore them off forever I don't really think it would be much of a sacrifice on my part.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:12 AM
I hunt Mondays.

Pronouns: He/Him/His

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juno View Post
I'm not saying I'll never buy from (Atlus) again just yet, but I am realizing that if swore them off forever I don't really think it would be much of a sacrifice on my part.
Yeah, I feel pretty similar. The last new Atlus game I bought that wasn't a VanillaWare remaster was Etrian Mystery Dungeon.

Like, I do still have some interest in the Etrian Odyssey series, even if I've sworn off getting another non-Mystery Dungeon one until either I beat Etrian Odyssey IV or the series materializes on my phone in a non-emulation capacity, but the only interest I have left in Shin Megami Tensei and Persona is in rereleases of the earlier ShinMegaTen games and the PSone era of Persona. And that's only if they don't dump a crappier translation on games that already had a great localization (Strange Journey WHYYYYY) or pull a George Lucas and change shit that didn't actually need changing.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:15 AM
Attack of 50-foot Jimenez

Pronouns: Megido, Megidola, Megidolaon (F)

...tbh I'd rather had stephanie minion ending than bad representation, geez

Tags
actually 1000 years old , ashamed of yr words&deeds , atlus , c/k/athe(rin)e , cu chulainn , fatlus , hackshino needs to go , illumination films , qatherine , you'rin trouble vince