The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 11-27-2018, 11:58 AM
Yes, let's feast!

Pronouns: he
Default The Cards Are Right: Let's Play Arkham Horror LCG

Arkham, but with Cards

Arkham Horror: The Card Game is Fantasy Flight Games's second foray into the living card game (LCG) format, following on the success of the Netrunner card game. The idea behind LCGs is that collectible card games (CCG) like Magic: The Gathering are too expensive and luck; you should be able to buy the game once and have all the cards you need. Or, more realistically, you should buy every expansion at least once. The core set of AHLCG allows you to play with 1-2 players; if you buy it twice, you can play with up to four.

The LCG format is lucrative for slightly different reasons than the CCG model.

Anyway, in a nutshell, it's Arkham, but more story-driven. The core set gives you stuff to play through the initial, three-chapter campaign. Choices you make affect future chapters in the campaign, and while this won't be especially impactful early in the initial campaign (because the first scenario is also a tutorial), it eventually manifests itself in some very intriguing ways.

For today's playthrough, I'll be teaming up with jpfriction. Because I've played this campaign, jpfriction will take the role of lead investigator.

How do you play this game

Hey, good question. Each player controls an investigator, and each investigator has a player deck. You can customize your deck, although if you only have the core set, your customization options are very limited from the outset. In campaign play, you earn XP after each chapter that can be used to further customize your deck.

The game takes place in four phases:
  • Mythos phase: (Skip this on the first turn.) Bad stuff happens. Put a doom on the current Agenda, and if there's enough doom in the game, advance the Agenda and see what happens. Regardless, each investigator then draws and resolves an encounter card, which is usually either a one-time effect or an enemy.
  • Investigator phase: Each player takes up to three actions from the list below. You can perform the same action multiple times in a turn.
    • Gain a card or resource. Usually not your most effective action.
    • Play a card from your hand, paying its resource cost.
    • Move to a location that's connected to your current location.
    • Investigate to gain a clue from your current location. Usually, this is an Intellect test.
    • Engage an enemy at your location. This is very situational: enemies will automatically engage investigators, and you don't need to be engaged to fight, but you can use this to get an enemy off of another investigator.
    • Fight an enemy at your location (test Combat) or evade an enemy that's engaged to you (test Speed). If an enemy is engaged to you, taking any action other than these two almost always results in every engaged enemy taking an attack of opportunity.
    • Besides the actions on this list, many cards give you other actions to use. If you have a Tome, for example, you can spend an action to read it.
  • Enemy phase: Hunter enemies move towards the nearest investigator, then all non-engaged enemies engage an investigator at their location if possible, then all engaged enemies attack (they deal their damage and horror to their investigator).
  • Upkeep phase: Investigators each draw a card, gain a resource, untap their stuff, and discard any cards in excess of 8.

The goal of the game depends on the scenario, but in general, you're attempting to advance the Act and keep the Agenda from advancing. This will make a lot more sense when we start playing, and I'll go into more detail on all of this at that point.

Investigators

Each player controls an investigator. When picking an investigator, the important things to look at are:

Traits: Willpower, Intellect, Combat, and Speed. Of these, you'll use Combat and Intellect most: Combat to kill things, and Intellect to find clues. You can sometimes substitute Speed for Combat in order to evade monsters, but you'll often run into things that really need to be killed.

Class: There are five classes:
  • Survivor (red) cards tend to offer mitigation for when things inevitably go wrong. With few exceptions, they're very inexpensive.
  • Rogue (green) cards help you to avoid a fair fight, either by evading or by confronting enemies in an unconventional manner. They also commonly help you get more resources.
  • Guardian (blue) cards have a heavy focus on fighting: lots of weapons and allies that give combat bonuses.
  • Seeker (yellow) cards have a heavy focus on investigation, often allowing you to procure multiple clues with one action. Many of them improve your card draw.
  • Mystic (purple) cards offer a wide array of effects, but they usually come at a price: you'll often acquire horror or doom if things go wrong.
  • Regardless of class, all investigators can use Neutral cards.

The investigators from the core set of AHLCG all have a main class and a subclass. They start out able to use any level 0 card from their main class, subclass or Neutral. After the first scenario, investigators gain XP that they can use to customize their deck, at which point they're limited to level 0-2 in their subclass. They can purchase any level card from their main class and the Neutral pool.

An investigator's deck is composed of 30 cards chosen from their allowed cards. In addition, each character has two unique cards: one is good and the other is a weakness. Finally, each character is assigned an extra weakness at random from the pool of common weaknesses.

Fortunately, each investigator has a preconstructed deck, so you don't need to worry about deckbuilding for your first game. Unfortunately, the preconstructed decks aren't ideal. Daisy doesn't need a flashlight!

There's a complete list of investigators here and a thorough writeup of each of the core investigators here. Here's my recommendation:
  • If you don't care too much about deckbuilding, you can pick any of the investigators and use the preconstructed deck. (I promise the precons aren't that bad.)
  • If you'd like to dabble, pick one of the core investigators. You'll take the 10 level 0 cards for each class, leaving you with your pick of 10 neutral cards from this list. Your deck can't contain more than two of the same card. Emergency Cache and Unexpected Courage are excellent choices.
  • Even if you're way into deckbuilding, I recommend against building one from scratch, simply because I haven't explained a good chunk of the rules. If you want to do your own reading and figure everything out, go for it.

jpfriction: Once you've decided on an investigator, I'll pick someone complementary to join you.

The chaos bag

1: 2: 3: 4: 5: 6: 7: 8: 9: 10:
11: 12: 13: 14: 15: 16:

Last edited by Mogri; 11-27-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:10 PM
Outraged!

Hard to say no to a name like "Skids O' Toole" but his stats are weird.

I'll go with Daisy and pick my own neutral cards per your suggestions. I'm assuming I can double up a bit?

2x Emergency cache
2x Manual dexterity
2x Unexpected Courage
2x Guts
and I don't know a knife and a kukiri if I get desperate and actually need to fight something.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:20 PM
Holy Swine

You guys left me to face Atlach-Nacha alone? Aw, that's OK, I'll be fine.

not

Anyway, interested in seeing this. Amazon just recommended it to me and I wasn't sure if it was as good as the others.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:53 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfriction View Post
Hard to say no to a name like "Skids O' Toole" but his stats are weird.

I'll go with Daisy and pick my own neutral cards per your suggestions. I'm assuming I can double up a bit?

2x Emergency cache
2x Manual dexterity
2x Unexpected Courage
2x Guts
and I don't know a knife and a kukiri if I get desperate and actually need to fight something.
That works! For reference, relative to the start deck, you're dumping two Flashlights, two Perceptions, and a Knife in exchange for two Guts, two Unexpected Courage, and a Kukri. In addition to your class cards, you also have Daisy's Tote Bag, The Necronomicon, and Psychosis.

Daisy was a university librarian. Books were her passion. Little did she know, books would be her ruin, too.

Accompanying Daisy today:

William Yorick was an actor-cum-gravedigger with a really on-the-nose name. One bad night on the job revealed to him that the dead don't always stay dead.

Yorick is a Survivor/Guardian with poor investigative capabilities but excellent combat prowess. Together, they fight crime.

Yorick's random weakness is Paranoia. The rest of the deck is spoilerpopped below.

We'll get started in just a bit... (Translated: probably in a few hours)
Old 11-27-2018, 04:09 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Here's our starting hands. You have the option to mulligan -- reshuffle and draw 5 cards -- but you have to keep your second hand. I'm satisfied with mine. Yours is OK. A mulligan is likely to improve it, since Daisy likes having a Tome around.

Daisy Walker

Resources: 5

William Yorick

Old 11-27-2018, 05:08 PM
Outraged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerad View Post
You guys left me to face Atlach-Nacha alone? Aw, that's OK, I'll be fine.

not

Anyway, interested in seeing this. Amazon just recommended it to me and I wasn't sure if it was as good as the others.
Sorry! Always happy to continue shooting spiders with a shotgun if False and Turlte decide to rejoin.

Yes Iíll try a mulligan.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:46 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Daisy Walker

William Yorick

Daisy's new hand isn't much better.

Chapter One
The Gathering
Daisy and William have been investigating strange events taking place in their home city of Arkham, Massachusetts. Over the past few weeks, several townspeople have mysteriously gone missing. Recently, their corpses turned up in the woods, savaged and half-eaten. The police and newspapers have stated that wild animals are responsible, but Daisy and William believe there is something else going on. They are gathered together at Daisy's home to discuss these bizarre events.

Daisy and Yorick are in Daisy's study. Locations enter play face-down, and they flip when they're first entered. Since we're in the study, let's flip it.

That's rarely a good sign!

The white-on-black 2 indicates this location's shroud value. That's the difficulty of discovering clues here. The number on the right indicates the number of clues at this location: 2 per investigator, so 4 in total.

The Agenda and Act cards are placed together to form a little book. Isn't that cute?

Most scenarios are won by advancing the Act, and the Agenda is the evil plot that we don't want to advance. The Act card shows a requirement of 2 clues per investigator, so the path ahead is clear: with no way to leave the room, we need to discover the clues in the Study.

This is a gentle introduction to investigation. You'll have to do a lot of it over the course of a game, so a high-Knowledge investigator is a real asset.

Investigator Phase

While Daisy and Mr. Yorick can take their turns in any order, the strong initial focus on investigation suggests that Daisy would do well to go first. Since jpfriction is our lead investigator, he breaks all ties, though, and in a two-player game, that means his is the final say.

But maybe you should explain how to play first

Oh, right.

AHLCG has four difficulty settings: Easy (I want to experience the story), Standard (I want a challenge), Hard (I want a true nightmare), and Expert (I want Arkham Horror). We'll be playing on Standard. That means we get the following tokens in our chaos bag:

Expert gives you 0, -1, -1, -2, -2, -3, -3, -4, -4, -5, -6, -8 instead of the numbers shown above.

To perform a skill test, randomly draw a token from the chaos bag and add the number on the token to your investigator's skill level in the trait being tested. As you might notice, the chaos bag largely skews negative.

"Wait, how are we going to draw from a bag? And what about the tokens that have pictures?"

OK, good questions. We have 16 tokens in the bag at the moment, and that's not likely to change anytime soon. Use your random number generator of choice to roll a 16-sided die, then use the result to pick your symbol. I'll include a chart in the opening post in a bit.

As for the funky symbols:
  • The Elder Sign is explained on our character cards. For Yorick, it's +2, and if the test succeeds, he returns a card from his discard pile to his hand. For Daisy, it's +0, and if the test succeeds, she draws a card for each Tome she controls.
  • The Tentacles is an automatic failure. Even if you're testing whether you can walk and chew gum at the same time, you'll screw it up once every 16 attempts.
  • The other symbols are scenario-specific. Here's what they mean today:

If we were playing on Hard or Expert, these would be way worse.

But wait, there's more! Before you draw for a test, you can commit any number of cards from your hand. You might've noticed that most of your cards have symbols along the left. Those symbols only matter when you're using the card to aid in a skill test. Any symbols that match the trait and ? symbols count as +1 to your result. Additionally, each other investigator present can chip in a card of their own (but no more than one). Teamwork!

I would also like to play my cards

That's fine, too. The top left corner of each card shows the resource cost of the card in question. Some cards such as Vicious Blow don't have a resource cost, because those cards are only used as skill bonuses (as described above). Any card without the "Fast" keyword costs an action to play. Right now, Bury Them Deep is the only Fast card.

As this is the calm before the storm, Daisy might prefer to put one of her cards into play, but I would strongly recommend investigating at least twice, as Yorick is too dumb to look around the room without his Flashlight.

Last edited by Mogri; 11-29-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:51 AM
Outraged!

Can I play that card that gets me three more resources before trying to investigate? Is there any reason not to just have as many cards as you can?
Old 11-28-2018, 06:20 AM
Yes, let's feast!

You can.

You have a hand limit of 8, applied during the Upkeep phase. There's no resource limit, though, so it's hard to feel bad about getting Emergency Cache out of the way.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:15 AM
Outraged!

Cool. Iíll play Emergency Cache and investigate twice. Intelligence is high enough that I canít imagine burning any cards on that so Iíll just roll.

3, 11. One 0 and one skull I think? Skull doesnít seem to do much here so two clues?
Old 11-28-2018, 08:30 AM
Yes, let's feast!

Yep.

Yorick whips out his handy Flashlight and looks for a couple clues of his own.

Negative chaos modifiers can't take you below 0, so anything but the tentacles was a success. Let's cash in our clues for some plot!

You remember those location cards we set aside during setup? No? That's because I did the setup. Would matter more if we were playing physically.

The study is gone, and we have four new locations. Of note: on the top left corner of each is the location symbol, and along the bottom are the connected locations. The hallway connects to all the others. Makes sense.

Since we're in the hallway, we'll flip that card, but first, let's see the new Act.

Because this Act has an objective, we can't just spend the clues normally -- we need to spend them in the Hallway at the end of a round.

No clues here. What difference does the shroud value make when there are no clues? I guess it's possible for a clue to spawn into a location after it's revealed. Otherwise, I have no idea.

But we don't have time to ponder that, because it's time to draw some cards.

Daisy draws Psychosis:

And Yorick draws Paranoia:

Bad luck! The only good news is that each investigator gains a resource after drawing. Daisy can spend two actions to get rid of Psychosis, but she'd probably rather be doing anything else.

Mythos time

The Agenda gains a doom. At this point, we check all the doom anywhere in play, but there's just the one, and our current Agenda needs three doom to advance.

Each investigator draws an encounter card.

Daisy draws Ancient Evils:

This is a non-weakness treachery card, and so Daisy could use Ward of Protection to cancel it. If she does, she'll take 1 horror, and then Psychosis will give her 1 damage.

Yorick draws Ghoul Minion:

Because he drew it, the ghoul enters play engaged with Yorick. This isn't the weakest monster in the game, but it's close.

This is a good time to review combat mechanics. Combat is very simple in this game: you can use the Fight action to test your Combat skill against the enemy's (the number in the top left). If you succeed, you deal 1 damage. This enemy has 2 health (the number in the top center). If you fail, nothing happens unless the enemy is engaged with another investigator, in which case you damage that investigator instead. Whoops.

You can instead attempt to Evade the enemy. Test Speed against the enemy's (the top right number). If you fail, nothing happens. If you succeed, the enemy is placed at your current location, becomes exhausted (i.e. tapped), and will stop following you around.

But enemies don't like to be disengaged. Anytime a ready (i.e. untapped), unengaged enemy is present with an investigator, it engages that investigator, entering the investigator's threat area. If more than one investigator is available to engage, you check the enemy's "Prey" instruction. If the enemy doesn't have one (as with the Ghoul Minion) or if there's a tie, the investigators decide. There's no limit to the number of enemies that can be engaged with an investigator.

Enemies attack the investigator to whom they're engaged during the enemy phase and anytime the engaged investigator performs an action other than Fight or Evade. (But remember that playing a Fast card doesn't count as an action.) When an enemy attacks, it deals its damage and horror values to the investigator. Ghoul Minion has one of each, as denoted by the red heart and blue brain near the center of the card.

And with that, we're back to the investigator phase.

Yorick's actions won't have much bearing on Daisy's turn, so Yorick will go first, if you don't mind.

Yorick attacks:

And Yorick attacks:

Yorick plays Bury Them Deep in response to the ghoul's death. The ghoul was unlikely to come back to life, but Bury Them Deep is good for a victory point, which translates to more XP at the end of this chapter.

For his third action, Yorick takes a resource to start replenishing the three he threw away in a fit of paranoia.

(Yorick could have saved an action by committing Vicious Blow, but Yorick suspects there will be tougher opponents down the line.)

Daisy Walker

Resources: 9
Threats: Psychosis

William Yorick

Resources: 2
Assets: Flashlight (1 supply)

Victory: Bury Them Deep (1), Ghoul Minion
Old 11-28-2018, 08:54 AM
Outraged!

Yeah I'll block ancient evils. I'm guessing it'll be easier to recover health than remove doom.

Am I able to tell if there are any clues in the adjacent rooms before I move there? Splitting up is probably a bad idea but if there aren't any clues here, I'm not too helpful this turn.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:57 AM
Yes, let's feast!

You'll have to move first, but splitting up is often a good idea when you're investigating. Haven't you ever watched Scooby-Doo?

Doom: 1

Daisy Walker

Resources: 8
Damage: 1
Horror: 1
Threats: Psychosis

William Yorick

Victory: Bury Them Deep (1), Ghoul Minion
Old 11-28-2018, 09:00 AM
Outraged!

Righto, then. Let's check out the attic!
Old 11-28-2018, 09:06 AM
Yes, let's feast!

Unfortunately, that's another horror and damage to Daisy, but the good news is that there are four clues to find as well as a victory point on the location itself, earned just for visiting. Also, the clues are just all over the place in here. Even Yorick could find a clue or two in here.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:10 AM
Outraged!

Ouch.

I'll investigate twice, if possible (not sure if playing that card counted as an action).

2, 16. Would've been nice to have a tome handy.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:28 AM
Yes, let's feast!

No enemies remain, so it's time to draw some cards:

Fearless has only a Willpower icon, so you'd need to run across a Willpower test to use it, even if it'd be nice to throw it against one of your easy investigation checks.

The Agenda gains a doom, putting us a turn away from advancing.

Daisy draws Flesh-Eater:

As worthy a foe as you'll come across in this stage of the game, the Flesh-Eater is nonetheless very slow. Daisy's no track star, but even she can evade this enemy. It's worth a point if we kill it, although that seems out of reach for now.

Yorick draws Swarm of Rats:

This is the actual weakest monster in the game. It's a hunter, meaning if it's evaded, it will chase across locations to find a new target, but it's hard to imagine why you wouldn't just give it a swift kick and be on your way.

Doom: 2

Daisy Walker

Resources: 9
Clues: 2
Damage: 2
Horror: 2
Threats: Psychosis, Flesh-Eater

William Yorick

Resources: 3
Threats: Swarm of Rats

Victory: Bury Them Deep (1), Ghoul Minion, Attic (1)

We're back to the investigator phase. What's the plan?
Old 11-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Outraged!

I believe I'll evade first, rolled a 9. Crap. Let's try that again, rolled a 5. Who wins a tie?
Old 11-28-2018, 09:56 AM
Yes, let's feast!

You do. Gonna investigate or get out? If you stay, you won't be attacked this round, but you'll have to evade again next turn.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:02 AM
Outraged!

Hate to leave clues behind. If you wanted to slide in and take a cheap shot at the monster I could slip out next round.

Will investigate, rolled a 7. One more clue in the bag.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:20 AM
Yes, let's feast!

Yorick hates to leave victory points on the table, but he doesn't feel confident that he can down the Flesh-Eater without a weapon.

Yorick punches a rat:

It barely works, which is a little embarrassing. Yorick dives into the cellar.

It's chilly and dark down here. Yorick shines his flashlight and applies some Unexpected Courage.

The extra courage ends up being unnecessary, but Yorick would've hated to waste his last bit of battery. Lacking a better third action, Yorick summons his good friend Peter Sylvestre to the scene.

Daisy draws her second Emergency Cache, and Yorick draws Last Chance.

With 3 doom, the Agenda advances. Let's see what on the back:

Daisy has 7 of her 9 sanity remaining. Your call.

Doom: 0

Daisy Walker

Resources: 10
Clues: 3
Damage: 2
Horror: 2

William Yorick

Resources: 1
Clues: 1
Damage: 1
Assets: Peter Sylvestre

Victory: Bury Them Deep (1), Ghoul Minion, Attic (1), Cellar (1)
Old 11-28-2018, 10:25 AM
Outraged!

I'll take the hit, I'm pretty sane.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:47 AM
Yes, let's feast!

Something isn't quite right at Daisy's house, but it's hard for Daisy to put her finger on it. It's the toilet, right? Daisy hasn't cleaned it in months.

Things take a turn for the worse when our investigators draw their encounters. Daisy finds herself surrounded.

Meanwhile, in the chilly cellar, Yorick is not just frozen but frozen in fear.

One clue left in the attic, three in the cellar. Let's look at our options.

Daisy needs to evade the Flesh-Eater again. That shouldn't be too hard to do. The Ravenous Ghoul is trickier. Daisy has no way to kill it, and it'll be hard to evade. If it attacks, that's another horror and two damage (thanks to her psychosis). That puts her right up against her limit.

Unfortunately, Yorick isn't in a position to help right now. Daisy's best option may be to evade the Flesh-Eater, attempt to evade the Ravenous Ghoul (possibly committing Barricade), then move to the Hallway whether or not that succeeds. She'll take the attack of opportunity, but then Yorick can drag himself to the Hallway and engage the Ravenous Ghoul to take it off of Daisy.

If Daisy manages to evade both ghouls, that frees Yorick to investigate the cellar a bit more, probably aided by Last Chance. If Daisy is left with 1 health, that's really going to hurt our odds of discovering more clues in the cellar, and we need two more clues to proceed.

Doom: 0

Daisy Walker

Resources: 10
Damage: 2/5
Horror: 4/9
Threats: Psychosis, Flesh-Eater, Ravenous Ghoul

William Yorick

Resources: 1
Damage: 1/8

Old 11-28-2018, 11:23 AM
Outraged!

Oops, probably should have run, eh?

Yeah I can't think of anything better than your idea but if the ghoul takes a swing at me, won't I die?

edit: nevermind, didn't remember what part of the card specified damage.

Evade flesh eater: 13. Success
Evade ghoul, committing barricade: 10. Less successful
Run away to the hallway to lick my wounds
Old 11-28-2018, 12:00 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Ravenous Ghoul takes an attack of opportunity. Yorick, frozen in fear but recognizing a friend in need, takes his sweet time crawling back to the hallway, where he makes a nasty remark about the ghoul's mother, taking its attention off Daisy.

The ghoul attacks Yorick. Peter soaks the horror; he'll be able to heal it next turn.

Investigators stock up:

The .45 is a timely acquisition, though it's out of Yorick's price range.

The Agenda gains a doom. Daisy draws Grasping Hands, and Yorick encounters another Swarm of Rats:

To aid Daisy's paltry 2 Speed, Yorick contributes "Not without a fight!" With one enemy engaged with him (having not yet drawn the Rats), the skill adds 2 Speed to the check.

Daisy lives another day.

Daisy Walker

Resources: 11
Damage: 4/5
Horror: 5/9

William Yorick

Damage: 2/8
Assets: Peter Sylvestre (1 horror)
Threats: Swarm of Rats, Ravenous Ghoul

Attic: 1 clue, Flesh-Eater
Cellar: 3 clues

Daisy can't enter the attic or cellar without dying. It might be time to get rid of her psychosis.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:06 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Yorick punches a rat:

Yorick punches the ghoul. If this works, he'll use Vicious Blow for the finisher.

Since the ghoul is still at full health, Yorick settles for a regular hit.

Nice! Yorick uses his special power to retrieve Unexpected Courage from the discard. Meanwhile, Peter heals his horror.

Daisy Walker

Resources: 11

William Yorick

Damage: 2/8
Threats: Ravenous Ghoul (1 damage)

Old 11-28-2018, 12:15 PM
Outraged!

Yep. Dump psychosis and draw a card. Unless that flesh eater followed us out here. Then evade: 12, we fine.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:00 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Daisy gets a hold of herself and draws Blinding Light to finish her turn.

Yorick tests Willpower for Frozen in Fear:

Very nice! I suppose that'll be "Not without a fight!" from the discard.

The Ravenous Ghoul attacks. Again, Yorick takes the damage and Peter takes the horror.

Investigators draw:

The Necronomicon takes up a hand slot, and Daisy just can't bring herself to part with it. On the plus side, it is a tome, and Daisy gets a free tome action each round... but she only has four sanity left at the moment.

The Agenda gains a doom again. Let's see what the encounter deck has for our heroes this time.

Rotten luck! With Daisy still unable to increase her Speed, Yorick commits "Not without a fight!" again.

On the bright side, Obscuring Fog has no real effect on the clueless hallway.

Back to the investigator phase. Yorick feels a deep obligation to go fetch a final clue, but first things first: the ghoul's gotta go.

Because Yorick can't both kill the ghoul and get a clue from the attic this turn, he'll spend this turn killing the ghoul and prepping for next turn. First, punch the ghoul:

Then, hopefully, finish the job:

That's -1, which is good enough. Goodbye, ghoul. For his final action, Yorick takes an extra resource. He wants that gun.

Peter heals his horror again. Useful guy, that Peter.

Doom: 2

Daisy Walker

Resources: 12
Threats: The Necronomicon

William Yorick

Resources: 4
Damage: 3/8

If you're considering getting rid of the Necronomicon (and maybe even if you're not), the Holy Rosary is a good play -- it's got an extra 2 sanity on it, and while it's around, you get an extra Willpower. However, because the Necronomicon moves the horror directly to you, you can't put it on the Rosary. That's probably not a big deal, since you're unlikely to take any direct horror outside of that.

Beyond that, Scrying could be helpful... or you could just keep drawing.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:18 PM
Outraged!

I was definitely hoping for a breather to take that rosary out. So let's do that. Then use scrying to see what's available in my draw pile.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:28 PM
Yes, let's feast!

One action for the Rosary, one to play Scrying, one to use it. Your top three cards are Manual Dexterity, Hyperawareness, and Medical Texts. Medical Texts could be just what the doctor ordered, provided you don't kill yourself with it.

You can also spend your bonus action on the Necronomicon if you're so inclined.