The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 AM
The Shogun of Harlem

I had a dream last night where I was posting on Talking Time about how great FFVI is. It's official: I'm really boring.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:19 AM
and ermine, too

I had a dream last night where I was in a mall during the zombie apocalypse, but it was full of people shopping nonchalantly, unaware that there was a single zombie in their midst. I knew that touching the zombie would cause people to turn into zombies themselves, and I knew that I could get a chain multiplier if I killed more zombies at once, so I started jostling the crowd to get the chain reaction started. That didn't work so well, so I ran from the growing zombie throng - straight into the basement, which contained a pool of dangerous water (complete with obvious, arcing electricity) and a Cessna prop plane on the other side. I had to climb up a pipe, swing from the grates on the ceiling, and drop down on the other side of the pool to get to the plane, at which point my dream went black and BOOTED UP into a separate dream (complete with title screen), which was a flight simulator. I wanted to parachute out of the plane to safety, but there was no chute and I kept having to continue from the beginning of the airplane sequence.

So, who wants to actually make a game out of the stupid game I dreamed?
Old 06-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Metaphysical organ dealer

I had a dream last night where I was staying in a huge house with a bunch of my friends and their families (there were like fifteen bedrooms). I had to get up to go to the bathroom, and I got totally lost. After I finally found the toilet, I couldn't find my room again. Eventually I ran into one of my friends (I'd been avoiding people up to this point because I didn't know two thirds of the people in the house and all I was wearing was my blanket) and she told me the reason I couldn't find my room was because they'd had to move my stuff to make room for more guests and I'd been moved in with my old roommate again.

Last edited by Lucas; 07-29-2009 at 01:17 AM. Reason: man it's over a month later why am I noticing a typo now?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixsar View Post
I had a dream last night where I was posting on Talking Time about how great FFVI is. It's official: I'm really boring.
Dreaming about posting. Terrifying.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Time for singing

I dreamt that I was going to this really awesome museum last night. To get there, you have to climb up a VERY steep hill apparently paved with cobblestones or something. Luckily, there are several brontosaurus sculptures outside that you can cling to for support if the rails aren't doing it for you. I used the tail several times while hoisting myself up.

The outside of the museum was cool on its own, with little windows opening into dioramas, usually ocean-related, with real water. One had a beach and a giant megaladon shark sculpture, which was roughly the size of a small car. My mom was very excited about that.

We finally got in only to find out that the museum is owned and run by the Kids in the Hall. So we're led through a tour where various crew members act out skits, usually around the lobby and the parking lot. It was during one slow scene where Bruce McCulloch was getting prank calls from the parking lot that me and my dad decided to just get on with it and see the exhibits, because there was a REALLY cool sea monster one there, apparently, that I really wanted to go to.

So we try to go through the doors to the actual museum and find them locked. So my dad goes to talk to Kevin McDonald who is sitting behind a desk with an afro and saying 'Why can't we go into the museum" and Kevin says "Oh, it's closed now. We close at five PM and spend an hour doing the skits." And my dad says "Yeah, but can't we just go in? We came all the way for this." And McDonald said "No, I'm sorry," so my dad got really upset and as he was walking away said "I hope you feel ashamed of yourself! We came all this way to see this!"

And then later on, I looked at the clock and it was only 4:05!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:01 AM
nobody in particular

Last night I was Tyra Banks' personal finger foods chef. She kept giving me all these ridiculous orders, both in the quantity she wanted and the actual dishes. The worst was the mini bacon blueberry quiche. I had to run to the store for blueberries, and when I came back she'd replaced me with Alton Brown. I've been really into Good Eats lately, so I guess that explains that?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:00 AM
テレビに火をつけて 思い出した

i recently had a dream where i was in a cafe with shiina ringo

why couldn't this dream have been real

Last night I also had a dream where all I did was change cat litter. Yeah I don't know either.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:14 PM
For blood and gold

I had a really disturbing dream the other night where one of my best friends committed suicide. (It also involved his little sister growing up and having to think of her as being with guys which was also yucky).

I'm pretty sure the dream was my subconscious worrying that now that he has a baby (she was born the day before I had this dream) that he wouldn't have time to hang out with me anymore, but geez mind, that was such a horrifying way to express that.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:18 PM
vivid energy

I had a dream last night where I finally got a job: I was animating Family Guy in Flash. I felt dirty but I was getting paid for it so I couldn't complain. When I woke up I felt pretty relieved though.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM
We just don't know.

My dreams are very much scattered and schizophrenic, so when I start to try and recall them even moments after waking up I instantly lose track of continuity, what went where, and any of the details - and there are so, so many vivid details.

Like last night, I had a dream where I was... well at one point I think we were kind of just going around, and there was this girl I was pursuing. A lot of driving back and forth, talking to people, picking up or dropping off or watering these plant-cupcakes. Watching movies, going up or down to her house/room from the lower house we were in. Every bit was a specific action that took a rather big chunk of time and had its own little mini-plot and supporting characters, and the main cast was constantly shifting as happens in dreams.

Later we (me and these two girls, the one(s) I was pursuing who were sisters) were on this pirate ship. It was actually kind of a glamorized raft. We had (empty?) air tanks that doubled as flute-instruments when we put a certain pipe in the top, which were also sometimes shoddy old wooden boxes of wine or something like it. We weren't exactly prisoners, but were held to serve the pirate (who was notorious) against our will, although we went along basically as full-fledged crew members until we had our chance.

Later, we were traveling overland and stopping by some amusement parks built close overhead on a lot of stilts and long stairways. There was an arsonist and we had to track him down based on the (pretty easily spottable) chemical residue he left. I found out it was this girl I'd been pursuing all along and her sister may or may not have been in on it? They were both arrested at any rate, but not before she set a wooden jigger (shot measuring tin) on fire and threw it under my car, which I couldn't precent from exploding - which turned into a nightmare as I dodged behind houses and stuff to avoid debris and was darkly reminiscent of my own house burning down. Also someone in a van was possibly trying to kill me (I only saw the van but knew someone inside might very well have it out for me) as I snuck back to my house. Then I woke up.

That's honestly not the half of it - there was a lot that's already dissolved from the first paragraph and beforehand, and each paragraph feels like only the scantest skeleton of what was happening in each section.

And that was all just last night. And lately I've been dreaming like this, like, every other night.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:51 AM

I had this weird dream about fighting for control of a large space ship last night. The main villain was Sephiroth, even though he wasn't really the leader of our opponents.

At one point I was pinned underneath one of my allies when Sephiroth stabbed him, killing him and wounding me. When the medic was examining me later, she wanted to remove my pants/boxers (I'd been stabbed in the hip, ok?) but I was embarrassed. She jokingly asked me if I had some sort of homoerotic underwear, but she started choking on her laughter when she found out I'd gone into battle wearing my bright yellow boxers covered with smiley faces and hearts. I told her they were my lucky boxers, which just made her laugh harder.

After I was back in action, I ended up cornering the enemy emperor on my own. He decided to defend himself by jumping on my back; he couldn't take me out from there, but I couldn't get him either. I ran through the ship trying to find my allies (both forces were pretty small at this point).

Eventually I realized that even though he'd frustrated my efforts to fall backwards on him since he was tall enough to put his feet on the floor while holding onto my back, all was not lost! I rolled forward and ended up pinning him to the ground. I was wearing him out with my massive weight (two pombars) when the puppy woke me up.

I blame this dream on writing about Final Fantasy and reading about Homeworld until two in the morning.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:50 AM
so exciting!

First dream:Silent Hillish. Me and two other folks were in this weird building and trying to, for whatever reason, lower a giant mirror to the ground floor. I believe the presumption was that the giant mirror, when aligned with the front door/gate, would send us to the Otherworld. We got it down to the second floor when I realized there was a ton of new people sitting in the lobby area.

Second Dream: A bunch of people I did not know were in my apartment. Then they left. The next day I was returning to my apartment, when I noticed a bunch of new people around the building being herded into the apartments. No one in my room (for whatever reason, my apartment now looked like a hotel room) was sure what was going on, so I knocked on my neighbor's door to ask them. They didn't, either. It turned out to be a Zombie Apocalypse. Except, I was apparently poison to them, because I could make them disintegrate just by touching them. So I stayed back and tried to protect the people in my room (which transformed into a classroom from high school) from the zombie menace.

Third Dream: Apparently you can get to a secret area in the bottom of Brinstar's main shaft by shinesparking through a specific area at the top of the shaft! In the secret area, you an shinespark at an angle to get to a doorway that'll lead to a secret Super Mario Bros. minigame!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 AM
vivid energy

I just dreamed that I was playing Star Ocean 4 instead of going to Board Games.

Worst nightmare I've ever had.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Very punny.

Last night I had a dream that I was stuck in no-man's-land in the multidimensional war between the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Battlestar Gallactica universes, all the while being chased by space pirates who thought I was a spy from the future.

I was not a spy, however, but a refugee from another dimension that had recently been destroyed by giants made out of pink crystal.

I have NO IDEA where that came from. Other than that my brain may be angry about all the Grant Morrisson I've been reading lately.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 AM
nobody in particular

This morning I woke up with my blanket pulled tightly over my head and my hands over my face, shielding me from something. I have NO idea what I was dreaming about.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:12 AM
Time for singing

I had a dream/nightmare that i was watching a movie version of Goliath with Conan O'Brien as the big soldier main character. It was filmed really cheaply, but Donald Sutherland and Sean Connery were also in it.

At one point, Conan ran in slow motion to shout "Fiiiiiiire the missiiiiiiiiiile."

Then it got to one of the horrifying cyborg scenes and the dream turned nightmarish, as Sean Connery was grapped by a bunch of mechanical arms and had a bunch of needles full of sedative jammed into his neck one after the other until his struggling stopped and his eyes glazed over, then he was transformed into a terrible cyborg, all while cheerful calliope music played in the background.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:37 AM
テレビに火をつけて 思い出した

i just had a dream where i won fifty bucks on some scratch tickets! Way to shoot for the stars, subconscious!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbip View Post
This morning I woke up with my blanket pulled tightly over my head and my hands over my face, shielding me from something. I have NO idea what I was dreaming about.
You weren't.

dun dun dunnnnnn
Old 07-09-2009, 07:42 AM
A Dream Beneath the Sun

I had a dream last night wherein Dizzy, Ample Vigour and I took a road trip to San Antonio in a mini van. Even though it was quite hot outside Dizzy wore a black leather jacket the whole time and also had a cigarette behind his ear. Vigour climbed out of the window on a few occasions to ride on the roof of the van. The topic of conversation for almost the entire trip was the movie 'Say Anything'.

When we got to San Antonio we called up SlimJimm and then went over to his house and played Rad Racer.

I'm not sure if this means I'm spending way too much time on this site or just enough.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Justice is my Middle Name

I've been having a really hard time sleeping lately. It takes me a while to get to sleep, and I'm constantly waking up.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 AM
We just don't know.

I had a dream last night where I was trying to leave on a bus but had the wrong one and it left with my first bag and laptop. At some point a girl I should have asked out in college and whom I still think about a lot was involved and at some point thereafter the same airport/bus terminal was overrun with zombies and I was totally Leon to her Ashley (but we were still trying to make the proper buses). Sometime later after escaping and parting and re-meeting we were in a hotel room and she was making honey muffins with strawberries and I was brewing some ridiculous beer/liquor combinations (the fridge also had Jameson, coffee and maple syrup packaged drinks as well as a huge assortment of other things). My dad tried to open a sliding door that didn't slide, and though it turned out it DID slide he tore the door in half and made me repair it.

One of the more normal dreams I had, but the girl made it memorable. Instead of devolving into random sex there was kind of a romantic tension underlying the whole thing and we shared one sweet kiss as we were parting. D'AWWWWWWWWW and whatever shut up.

Edit: This just came back to me. At one point in the dream (or possibly a different one, as I don't remember how it fits in) Kishi sat us* down and announced that "we should be prepared for his retiring from posting." Something about having a kid or some new responsibility.

*I don't know if anyone there besides me had anything to do with TT
Old 07-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Justice is my Middle Name

I had a dream I was a spy in China and I broke into a room on the top floor of a hotel and I got some files but I got caught then I talked my way out of it. It was pretty cool.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:09 AM
utada hikaru

I had a dream where I had to go back to a terrifyingly-engineered, alternate version of my highschool for another day. At one point, I started side-scrolling and whipping at monsters for souls.

The kicker? I hadn't even been playing Aria of Sorrow, I'd been playing Harmony of Dissonance.

WITNESS THE HORROR
Old 07-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Orb Friend

Last night I had a disturbing series of dreams, featuring everything from me being in an airplane crash and requiring massive surgery on my skull to some twisted Mario-ish underground world full of monstery things to Rusty Venture with an R carved on his chest and Brendan Fraser getting his feet dissolved/eaten by "spike-ders" to a bunch of demons declaring they were returning to start some shit again.

Apparently the whole lot of us got fed up with all this stuff and we piled into a big charter bus and drove right out of the dream, 'cos once we took off down the road I woke up.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Kerberos Panzer Corps

I just dreamt a friend of mine (that I haven't spoken to for a while) had downloaded Dragon Quest IX, and it was a really primitive Pokėmon clone. Really primitive, like a Game & Watch game. We both thought it was really awesome though, but I was going to wait for the official release. He was going right to the internet to hack the game and just get the best Pokemon and weapons to beat it.

Then in a second part of the dream, I was at work at the cinema, kind of. We had a very sci-fi projector set up in a rocky slope in a wood, and showing Ice Age 3. Because this was such a special screening, I would have to sit and watch it with the audience to make sure it went well, but half-way through that intro part with Scrat I had to leave because I don't even want to watch that shit in my sleep. I went around and scared away a bunch of mice that lived around there, and when I got back the screening it had been stopped because something was covering the lower part of the canvas, and my mom was telling stories.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:11 PM

Last night I had a dream I was playing EV Nova and got irritated that I'd just finished an awesome battle near the end of the campaign and totally forgotten to take screenshots for my LP. Then I realized I hadn't been taking screenshots for half the campaign and would have to either give up the LP or start all over.

I woke up very cross.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Hawkguy

I dreamed that my library had been converted into a maze full of deathtraps and Japanese high school students were being forced to run through it.

Second part of my dream was about a coworker that was getting a blowjob from a magical tree thing, sorta like Treebeard from LOTR, and I had to report him for having this done at work.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Time for singing

I watched some System Shock 2 videos last night before going to sleep and so had a nightmare that I was in the game, surrounded by the apologetic, moaning zombies. No matter how many of them I took out or ran from, there were always more.

At least Shodan didn't show up.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:19 AM
テレビに火をつけて 思い出した

I just had a dream that recreated Serial Experiments Lain with PULSEMAN GRAPHICS. My dreams are so awesome.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:18 AM

I had a pretty narrative dream last night that bordered on the epic. Because I'm stupid, I didn't bother to try to record it until I'm about to go to bed again, so I'm a little fuzzy on the details now.

It started off with a girl I know (in the dream, at least; never seen her before in my life (though she could have been based off my last girlfriend, now I think about it)) coercing me into visiting this creepy little church, but I wanted nothing to do with them or their creepy ritual they were planning.

On my way out of the church, I bumped into one of the nuns, who I recognized as a girl I'd known way back in junior high. She'd been cute then, but it was hard to tell now since she was in full on wimple and all. This gave the girl who'd gotten me there in the first place time to change partway into her own regalia, but when she heard I was leaving she ran out partly dressed to stop me.

I ran, but she ran after me, shedding clothes so she could go faster. In what was possibly the creepiest scene in any dream I've had in the last few years, I ended up with a woman wearing nothing but a wimple running after me yelling that I needed to come back and join the church for the big, sinister ritual.

I eventually evaded her by ducking into... a Wal-Mart, or something like that, that was having a big all-night sale. People were getting restive as the ritual took effect, but no one really knew what was going on. We all just kept shopping, trying to pretend things were normal even as folks started panicking and running into the night. I briefly considered stealing some games out of a case that had been left open, but the combination of my morals and not being sure there'd still be a world to play them in come the morning kept me from taking them.

The pervasive dread that had filling everyone came to a crescendo about dawn, and as one everyone still in the store left. Outside it was freezing cold, with frost and icicles starting to grow all over. As the sun came up, we saw that between it and the Earth was a giant disc of dirty ice that was reflecting and diffracting the vast majority of the sunlight. At best the ritual was going to plunge us into a new ice age, and we all knew it.

While most people were staring at the sun through the ice, a dude smashed the base of an ice stalagmite and hefted it. Kinda of knowing what he planned, I snapped off a huge icicle from the nearest overhang; I saw a few other people doing similar things. We all made fleeting eye contact, lifted our ice chunks over our heads, glared at the disc, then yelled and smashed our ice to the pavement.

As you might have guessed, the ice disc started to crumble as soon as we smashed our icicles, massive chunks calving off into decaying orbits around the planet. As the disc got thinner, the sunlight got stronger and the planet warmer, and we started celebrating. For today, at least, we knew we were safe from eldritch horrors.

Tags
dreams , physiology , psychology , sleep