The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about food

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2017, 06:50 AM
That bug is NUTS!

Pronouns: he/him
Default Go to Pal's Sudden Service

Pal's Sudden Service, which serves the Big Pal Burger, is owned by a man known as Pal Barger. It is the greatest fast food chain I have ever eaten at.

The restaurants are all a distinctive (some might say garish, but I disagree) baby-powder blue slashed with bright yellow and topped with fast food statues. It is a tightly controlled regional chain which has shown no interest expanding beyond its current footprint, which allows individual locations to be observed and controlled by management, keeping quality high and consistent.

Once, when I was working at the largest newspaper in the Pal's region, a call came into the editor. After hanging up, he stepped out of his office and called for everyone's attention. He then proceeded to utter one of the greatest sentences I have ever heard in my life:

"Pal Barger has been attacked by pirates."

Sure enough, the titular Pal had been on a cruise in the Indian Ocean and, no kidding, his cruise ship had been attacked by pirates. The ship's defense force fought them and ran them off before they could board, but what drama!

Pal's Sudden Service

The Good:
  • Delicious
  • Hilarious buildings
  • Reasonably priced
  • Secret Menu

The Bad:
  • You probably don't live anywhere close to one
  • Hell, I don't even live anywhere close to one anymore

Last edited by ThornGhost; 11-20-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Tags
barger's burgers , burger pirates , burgers 'n' fries , fast food , pirates , sudden service