The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-22-2018, 08:35 PM
PUNK ROCK VAMPIRE DESTROY

Pronouns: She/Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R. Bigman View Post
I can say from visiting my niece and nephew that shows like Paw Patrol sell lots of toys.

I wonder if maybe the reason Steven Universe doesnít have much merchandise for kids is that itís not very popular with the youngsters? It gets pretty heavy sometimes, and thereís not a lot of adventuring or monster fighting after the first season.
Even setting aside SU's massive adult fanbase, Paw Patrol is aimed at a much younger audience than SU is. I once read an interview with a toy designer about how quickly toys have to be renewed, because there's a huge difference in self-perception between a five year old and an eight year old. You don't want a kid to think "this looks like my babysitter's toy" even though their babysitter might be less than a decade older than them. I think the general trend right now is that the window for selling kids things that are distinctly toys and not electronics or collectibles has shrunk significantly on the upper end.

*kid who isn't Elijah Wood in BTTF Pt II voice* that's like a baby's toy

Tags
cartoons , cats=body horror , cheap tactics , dew and doritos , don't call again , gay agenda , healing lacrimal essence , i panicked , i'm bob , lgbt , mom collection , playing with swords , rose schwartz , sadder and gayer , singing while crying , steven universe