The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Notices

Old 07-12-2018, 09:30 AM
poisonous thread snake

Kinda straddling the Vertigo line but did Morpheus cameo in Sandman Mystery Theatre?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Better be the real thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excitemike View Post
The "villain" of the first Sandman arc is Dr. Destiny, a Silver Age JLA villain. There is a cameo by Martian Manhunter and... Black Canary? It also explains how the Golden Age Sandman was connected to Morpheus.
Mister Miracle, with a flashback to Apokolips.

There's also a friendly chat between Dr. D and Jonathan "Scarecrow" Crane when the former leaves Arkham.

And then there's that "Children's Crusade" crossover they did, which is where the two ghost boys from Sandman are reintroduced as the Dead Boy Detectives (kinda funny how those two wound up with such a light-hearted premise. Their initial appearance is one of the most horrific comics I've ever read, and the one of the two Sandman chapters I have the most trouble rereading). It involves a magical realm where children live free from adults. This story may have influenced a certain group-dream-for-kids thing I wrote, but that's getting off topic.

Oh, and Tim Hunter visits the Dreaming in the original Books of Magic mini, which ties together all the magical aspects of the DCU at the time.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:53 AM
Accidental AvatarOverlord

Tim’s just a good bridge between main DC and Vertigo anyway mostly due to being recruited by the Trenchcoat Brigade. But he’s also gone clubbing with Death, and got roped into N52 Justice League Dark.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:46 AM
Accidental AvatarOverlord

Dear DC,

Please put Tom Taylor on any main continuity book ASAP.

Thanks.

Tags
chortle at dc's boner , chortle at joker's boner , clark kent is sup-*bang* , comics , detective comics , detective comics comics , don’t ask just buy it , i am baytor , just read mark waid books , superman is worst hero , tales from the krypton