The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 11-29-2016, 11:53 AM
Cobra and Phases Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Space is an episode with a Netflix description that made me so incredibly happy (a space shuttle message is sabotaged by a ghost) but, in execution, wound up being genuinely spooky. But, yes, it opens with space shuttle missions being impossibly sabotaged, which was enough to warrant an X-File, even before Nasaghasts get involved. All evidence points to Jerky Astronaut who is also one of Mulders childhood heroes, additionally, certain key members of staff see the giant Martian face trying to murder them from time to time. As it turns out, on his last mission Jerkstronaut got a face full of Space Ghost and it's been possessing m ever since, mostly trying to kill anyone associated with getting people into space, and the captain himself does what he can to sabotage the ghosts efforts. Eventually the strain of holding the ghost in check, trying to kill and also save everyone drives the captain into a stress-coma, and without the ghost working against everyone, NASA is barely able to save the shuttle. Recovering in the hostpital, the captain feels the ghost coming back and he opts to kill himself rather then let it. All of which probably would have happened whether or not Sculder got involved. Which would have done me some favours because that ghost was friggin' horrifying

Also, at any point is there going to be an alien who is not a murderous asshole?

I have to skip Space on rewatches because I genuinely cannot stand it. Not because of spookiness though, because it's awful. Mulder & Scully do nothing, the ghost is ridiculous and it's so boring.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:54 AM
King Of Space-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhair60 View Post
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE.
You want credible posting from Octo "Does not do research" Prime?
You knew what you were in for.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Baby, I WANT Klonoa.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheeel View Post
I have to skip Space on rewatches because I genuinely cannot stand it. Not because of spookiness though, because it's awful. Mulder & Scully do nothing, the ghost is ridiculous and it's so boring.
The worst episode of the series, bar none. There's nothing even meaningful to talk about it's such a nothing episode.

I'm sad this stopped too, especially because there are so, so many good episodes practically made for Octo. But I get it, because Season 1 is really drab.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:56 PM
does the Underpants Dance

I mean Octo could at least watch Jose Chung's?? Or Bad Blood?? Or the one about the telemarketer whose boss is a giant bug?? Right?
Old 08-08-2017, 11:12 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Season 9 is pretty dire, folks. I watched Jumped The Shark yesterday, wherein it ties up the plot threads from the Lone Gunmen spinoff show and it was just...oof, man. However, I had no idea Michael McKean was the main villain in that spinoff...too bad his presence couldn't really save anything about this episode. Only 6 or 7 left and I'll have officially seen the entire show, but too bad it's really only worth seasons 1-6 in aggregate.

I apologize for bumping this thread and not being Octo, sorry if I got anyone's hopes up.