The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 11-30-2017, 02:09 PM
hidden in snow

Just wait until you have to craft items that cost 150 resources, just to get the friend over the level 10 hump. That space shuttle Iím buildingís gonna look sweet though.

Yeah, itís not possible to min/max the production engine without spending money. Iíve just been focusing on one goal at a time, in addition to getting the most bestest friends possible. Level 32, 20 friends invited.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Come, noble knights!

Pronouns: He/Him/His

Oh yeah, resources are definitely starting to become a wall. I'm at level 22 and I've already been encountering a good number of items that require 60 of something to craft. Also kinda regretting going with a natural setup, 'cuz there appears to be a lot more villagers that prefer cool, cute, and sporty stuff.

Still having fun, though.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:22 PM

I added everyone who has posted a code here so far. I'm Matt with the green hair. My ID is 1781 6876 196

So far it seems like the candy canes average out to about 1 every request done, as I sometimes get none but then get 3-5 from the following request. Has anyone done shovelstrike quarry since the start of the event to see how many Candy Canes you get from going there?
Old 11-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Come, noble knights!

I got like 40 candy canes when I tried Shovelstrike Quarry.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:16 PM
hidden in snow

My friends list is full of random Japanese people since I mostly log in early in the morning, and they spawn around me. Thereís no actual interaction beyond the kudos and help with shoveling, so I donít feel weird about random people on the list.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:57 PM
hidden in snow

Itís pretty awesome seeing a lion in sunglasses skating the half pipe.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:12 PM
Come, noble knights!

New villagers have been added! Antonio, Bluebear, Phoebe, and Raddle are now available as campers, along with new furniture.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:18 PM
hidden in snow

I've pretty much got this game on lock now. Level 41, 26 invited friends. I've got all my stretch goals done and only two of the timed event goals remaining, just need to invite one more friend and gather enough candy canes for one more Christmas item. I've been slowly buying one of every item, which has been helpful for inviting friends.

I spend $1 on some tickets during the intro period, and I don't feel the need to buy any more. I'm really only spending tickets on increasing my item space, as you get those rare fish drops that end up taking up space, and that no one buys on the marketplace.

This game has so much room for improvement as far as UI and player information is concerned, but I doubt any of it will get addressed. Ah well, it's a game and it scratches my itch for numbers going up and engine building, so I'll keep playing for a while.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Come, noble knights!

I think that if Nintendo seriously wants people to spend more money on the game, they're gonna need to add more content. More villagers, more furniture, more clothes, more places to visit, a wider range of new villagers/goods at each level-up, camp site expansions, that sort of thing.

I'm still enjoying Pocket Camp but it feels like it's spread a bit too thin, more a proof of concept than a full-fledged mobile game.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:29 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Pronouns: She

When you ask people to help at the quarry, is it only good for that 3-hour shift?
Old 12-13-2017, 12:15 PM
Come, noble knights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violentvixen View Post
When you ask people to help at the quarry, is it only good for that 3-hour shift?
Any quarry help offered is good for the whole day, so as long as the next changeover ain't at 1AM* you can save the free play for whichever quarry shift you want. You only get one free play a day though, so you're paying 20 Leaf Tickets if you want to do any more shifts that day after the freebie.

* EST, anyway; dunno if the changeover time's different in other regions.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:38 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

1.1.0 version is out, looks like it added gardening? I've honestly forgotten about this game for a few days so maybe this will rekindle my interest.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:44 PM
hidden in snow

It wonít. Gardening is really bad. Buy seeds, plant seeds, wait to grow. After you have flowers, harvest, or use already harvested flowers to cross pollinate and maybe get more seeds, some of which may be a new color flower.

Not worth it.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:57 PM
Come, noble knights!

Yeah, I really think the gardening system's got too much busywork for its own good. There seriously needs to be an easy way to water/X-pollinate/fertilize/pick multiple flowers at once.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Yeah, this is just really disappointing. I also can't believe how much repetitive villager dialogue there is. In the normal game they can get away with it since you often won't have villagers of the same type in your town at the same time, but here? It's ridiculous.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:25 PM
Come, noble knights!

Honestly I've excused the repetivity as "This is a mobile game, it's just a li'l throwaway F2P project to get Animal Crossing into the hearts and minds of potential new fans to boost sales for the 3DS games and the eventual new entry on the Nintendo Switch."
Old 12-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Come, noble knights!

A new type of camper preference (Rustic) has been added, along with rustic tents and camp attractions! Other types besides Natural/Cool/Cute/Sporty were already hinted at with clothes/furniture descriptors,* and now a new one's finally here!

Speaking of, Goose the turkey-eating chicken better stay the fuck away from Tomato and Phoebe if he knows what's good for him.

* I may be looking foward to making a Hip or Historical campsite in the future.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:57 PM
The metal babble flees!

Pronouns: she/her or they/them

I don't like the look on that guy's face. All told it's tonally weird considering the civically mandated pescatarian diet in all the ACs I've dealt with.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:42 PM
hidden in snow

I'm still playing this, even though I've pretty much done everything, and made my numbers significantly go up. All 52 current campers are invited, and I've crafted one of almost everything, just have some wallpaper, rugs, and screens left. There's still not a lot to the game, even if they implement clothes crafting. I still log in to do the daily events, though.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:38 PM
Come, noble knights!

I'm still playing, too. Don't mind checking in at least once or twice a day, and I do like to go after those event goods.

Game still needs more stuff (seriously add more hats/accessories/pants/villager dialogue and event variety/maybe a few extra locations already), and gardening* seriously needs a makeover (the autosave pause after every single plant/pick/X-pollinate is excruciating), but I do enjoy collecting/crafting new things.

* Honest truth, if Nintendo and Grezzo ever release a mobile version of Flower Town I will frickin' be there. It's the secret best StreetPass game.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:28 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

I finally gave up and uninstalled it yesterday. Fire Emblem Heroes was my first phone game and I think it might be my only one. I just don't have time for two and this game never got interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetManMas View Post
* Honest truth, if Nintendo and Grezzo ever release a mobile version of Flower Town I will frickin' be there. It's the secret best StreetPass game.
That was a good game.

Tags
7-hour pizza delivery , cherry shipping , want some leaf tickets