The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Nonplussed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishi View Post
I would really like to play New Super Mario Bros. U.
My copy just arrived. Come on by this weekend.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:32 PM
punch a fish, make a wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
I would also like to register disappointment at the fact that I'm not playing Rocket Slime 3 while I'm at it. And Bravely Default, though my fingers are still crossed on that one.
Kirin knows the score

also I won't be able to afford a Wii U in the foreseeable future, so I won't be playing The Wonderful 101
Old 01-04-2013, 01:00 AM
tiny little rocks

I'm finally settling into a new place in a new city and I'm here to gripe about not playing any games.

My desktop PC and consoles have been sitting in a storage container for a couple months. Hopefully, it should be delivered late next week. Then I will move a bunch of stuff into my new place and giddily prepare for a monster gaming session.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:21 AM
REVOLUTION GRRR STYLE NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
I thought this was going to be the thread where we all continue to gripe about the fact that we're not playing The Last Guardian and Mega Man Legends 3.

I would also like to register disappointment at the fact that I'm not playing Rocket Slime 3 while I'm at it. And Bravely Default, though my fingers are still crossed on that one.
yes to all these (save MML3, I never played the MML series). Also, I would like to be playing the Baldur's Gate remake on my Mac while I'm laid up from surgery, but noooooo, it's been delayed with no indication as to when it's supposed to release. (It was supposed to come out in December.)
Old 01-05-2013, 07:26 AM
clearlynotcollegeeducated

They said Shin Megami Tensei IV was coming out in 2013. It's now 2013. WHERE IS IT
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Life depends on change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
They said Shin Megami Tensei IV was coming out in 2013. It's now 2013. WHERE IS IT
Seriously! MY BOGLE IS READY

Also I'd like to playing some EO4 and Soul Hackers too, thx
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 AM
New Video World is out!

I have Super Sega Racist Transformers and I'm not playing it because it goes from the Best Kart Ever to RANK TEDIUM in the space of half a game. I mean seriously. NOT ARSED.

I have DmC: Devil May Cry and I'm not playing it because I just fought an enemy that could only be hurt by one of my weapons, and I just know that they're all I'm going to see from now on and I can't be bothered with the hassle. NOT ARSED.

I have Dissidia 012 Duodecim: Final Fantasy and I'm not playing it because I keep getting distracted by Rhythm Tengoku, which is also on my PSP at the moment. ARSED, BUT DOOT DOOT DOOT DOOT TURN RIGHT
Old 02-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Not 100% a dick

Reading Hyrule Historia makes me want to play Four Swords Adventures, but I've loaned it out and am far too lazy to go out and get it back.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
heh

For some reason I had myself convinced that Etrian Odyssey IV came out next week but it's not until the 26th and ughhhhhhh.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM

I want to play Ys Seven but I don't to buy a PSP.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekun View Post
For some reason I had myself convinced that Etrian Odyssey IV came out next week but it's not until the 26th and ughhhhhhh.
I thought it was coming out two weeks after the demo but it's actually two weeks from todaaaaay
Old 02-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Sudden chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I thought it was coming out two weeks after the demo but it's actually two weeks from todaaaaay
Aargh that's so far away. Wonder if I have time to play Crimson Shroud before then?
Old 02-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Not 100% a dick

I just discovered that Resident Evil 6 has gone down to $30. I've avoided it up until now because I hear it's kinda garbagey, but I know I'm going to cave eventually. It's like no matter how poorly people speak of it, it's just something I've gotta play because of its heritage.

How much longer you think until it's in the $15-$20 bin?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:17 PM
heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBanjoMike View Post
Aargh that's so far away. Wonder if I have time to play Crimson Shroud before then?
You totally do, it's a very short game unless you get caught up in grinding for fun.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 PM
:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE-Ryan View Post
I just discovered that Resident Evil 6 has gone down to $30. I've avoided it up until now because I hear it's kinda garbagey, but I know I'm going to cave eventually. It's like no matter how poorly people speak of it, it's just something I've gotta play because of its heritage.

How much longer you think until it's in the $15-$20 bin?
Right now.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekun View Post
You totally do, it's a very short game unless you get caught up in grinding for fun.
That happened to me, then Fire Emblem came along. I'll probably go back to it before I start a second FE playthrough.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:10 PM
We just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teg View Post
I want a Vita for Gravity Rush and P4G
And really it's mainly just Gravity Rush. :C Nothing else looks that great on the system, except Dragon's Crown but that's also coming to PS3 iirc, and since it's such a primarily visual game as a Vanillaware title I'd rather play it there.

On the upside, I think I convinced a friend to lend me her Vita, so I only have to buy GR! Now to figure out English or Japanese...

Also: all these games I keep buying but don't have time to play.

Also: anything/everything that came out on the PS3. I've been "About to buy a PS3, maybe next month" for like two years or more. My backlog has a backlog! DX
Old 03-03-2013, 02:51 AM
Wimpy Gamer

I'm in one of those moods where I don't feel like playing anything right now. It just feels like work.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:55 AM
New Video World is out!

I'm not playing any of my Steam games because Steam decided to randomly forget any of my games were installed, so I'm manually having to double click them and wait for it to go "duh, oh, yeah, that", which takes about a minute or ten, depending on the size of the game.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Little Waves

I've been playing so much Brandish that I get frustrated when I watch footage of 2D top-down games that don't let you swing the camera around at ninety-degree angles. C'mon, man! Who doesn't want to see what that statue looks like from the side?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM
poisonous thread snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishi View Post
I've been playing so much Brandish
Boy! The crazy stuff you read on the internet.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Espurrs are proud.

The Mega Man X series. I love the classic series, but I've never gotten around to playing X.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Ancient Nameless Hero

There's really no excuse for that at this point. Here. And Mega Man X8 is probably worth buying too, though that seems to be a minority opinion around these parts.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Programmed to Jingle

It's not restricted to here. X8 was a wondrous breath of fresh air after x7 and X6, but it really pales to the good entries in the series.

Playing 6 or 7 is like eating poison, but 8 is more like eating poison that has a tasty candy-coating. Like those Tylenol with the red coating.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Too Much TV Game

I never did buy X Collection because it was inferior to what it could have been, especially after Capcom hyped up the collection as definite and done with care. They couldn't have spent five minutes to fix up...whatever X6's dialogue was? I also read reports about the games' music not looping properly.

And X8 is a situation where the game meets halfway on why people enjoyed the earlier games, but ruins the rest with nonsensical and terrible gimmick levels. No one wanted a stealth level, no one wanted a terrible kart racing shooter level and no one wanted...whatever the hell Gigavolt Man-O-War's stage was.

Still better than X6 and X7. And I sort of LIKED X7 for what it was.

Last edited by PT; 03-07-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM

Not having a 3DS makes it entirely too hard for me to be playing EO4. Something must be done to rectify this... but what?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:59 PM
This Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleshng View Post
Not having a 3DS makes it entirely too hard for me to be playing EO4. Something must be done to rectify this... but what?
Purchase or theft of a 3DS.

As for me, my ringtone is the shop music from Earthbound. So every time my phone rings I get sad because I'm not playing Earthbound. And I miss the call because I'm too busy listening to the music.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Are You Sure About That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceTalk View Post
I never did buy X Collection because it was inferior to what it could have been, especially after Capcom hyped up the collection as definite and done with care. They couldn't have spent five minutes to fix up...whatever X6's dialogue was? I also read reports about the games' music not looping properly.

And X8 is a situation where the game meets halfway on why people enjoyed the earlier games, but ruins the rest with nonsensical and terrible gimmick levels. No one wanted a stealth level, no one wanted a terrible kart racing shooter level and no one wanted...whatever the hell Gigavolt Man-O-War's stage was.

Still better than X6 and X7. And I sort of LIKED X7 was what it was.
There's two theories why X6's dialogue came out like it did; one theory (my personal favorite, despite it making no sense) holds that the fanbase was clamoring for more "literal" translations and so here you go, the other one (far more realistic) was that Capcom realized that X6 was a turd and just gave it a marginal pass just so they could shove it out the door for as little cost as possible. The former theory got a lot of credit back in the day since X6 kept the JP language track for voice work and the fanbase hadn't been sufficiently rudely awakened to the point where everyone pretty much recognizes that C had been coasting along on goodwill and preexisting audiences for a while.

Also, the last three X games are butt, but in descending order of butts as you go up in numbering.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Little Waves

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT View Post
The weird thing is that they did take five minutes just to add a "Damn!" to X1.

Missed potential aside, though, the PS2 collection is a perfectly fine way to play the two worthwhile X games (1 and 4).
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Ancient Nameless Hero

See, I'm kind of torn on whether I think X6 or X7 is worse. I can actually enjoy X6 to a limited extent. My main gripes with X6 are that its levels are poorly executed. I've never quite properly understood the Nightmare gimmick, or how to beat High-Max, and some of the blame for this can probably be laid with the ridiculous translation. My other main gripe is that X6 is unfairly difficult. Also, it looks kind of like ass for some reason. I never really noticed any problems with the X6 soundtrack in the Mega Man X Collection release, though I know it does cut out the actual voiced dialogue. Since I don't speak Japanese, though, this wasn't much of a gripe for me. But buried underneath all of that crap is a Mega Man X game, and thought it feels like it was made by people who don't really understand what makes a Mega Man X game work, it has enough of the right elements correctly aligned that it is occasionally pleasurable to play.

X7, though... I'll admit that my opinion is probably unfairly formed. I've only ever tried playing it a few times, and I quit after about an hour or so every time. There's just something about the way it plays that bugs me. I usually like to play as Zero as much as I can, and his attacks seem to be much slower than they are in the 2D games (a problem which seems to have been resolved with X8). But even more than that, there is something about the experience that is repellent in a way that is difficult to describe. And yet I own it. I have to own it. If I don't own it, then the numerical gap between the X Collection and X8 cries out to me, begging to be filled.

I think I may need some kind of help.

Tags
a whiner is you , gripes