The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 10-12-2018, 12:28 AM
Chaotic Good

Pronouns: he / him

One down.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destil View Post

Quote:
100 Gemed Palom USB.

That should help.

It did (though a lot of it was the deck building).
Old 10-12-2018, 03:58 AM
That Pokemon Guy

While not as impressive I still think this was kinda badass:

Old 10-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Chaotic Good

Nice. Cursed Elegy is a pretty nasty counter.

I was thinking about starting our MP thread back up because Jumbo Flan requires more strategy & power than nearly any other MP fight they've ever done, but I manged to get it with randos eventually.

But if anyone wants some firepower a source of Radiant Shield and Last Stand cheese for it hit me up on Discord.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:47 AM
That Pokemon Guy

So remember when I said that Autumn Gilgamesh kept wiping out half my party on the first turn?

I tried really hard to get a better shot, but he's camera shy.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:12 AM
Chaotic Good

AOSB not required.

For those not familiar D400 Savage Geosgaeno, it has 1.5 million HP. At 600k HP it enters its phase 3 AI, the third move of which is an auto hit petrify on slots 2-3-4.

There are generally two ways past this. Use an AOSB to knock off half of that in an action then mop up with some spells before its third turn or use a source of Status/Physical blink. In my earlier clears I was using Edge/Ace for their instant physical blink SBs.

But just spamming the fuck out of some lightning works, too (this may require at least one Palom double cast to trigger, haven't tested it for reliability yet).
Old 10-15-2018, 09:13 AM
That Pokemon Guy

I beat the first Nemesis in the one dungeon
Wasn't able to handle the next level but still.

Still saving up Mithril, I'm at 150 now.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:55 AM
does the Underpants Dance

Pronouns: he/him

Yeeeesh. It takes forever, but literally all I needed to win was a source of Last Stand. Now I have to do it 3 more times and then level the hell out of the Magicite and then try Famfrit with a new toy to break its Enrage.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:08 PM
Chaotic Good

R5ed Meltdown and Vlotech. For Palom.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:33 PM

With a healthy dose of optimization and some minor honing...

Shaved 20 seconds off the time. Can't get too much better than that with what I have.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:59 AM
That Pokemon Guy

This game loves to show you cool RW and make you go "Ooooh, I want thaaaaaaaaat..."
Old 10-17-2018, 03:54 PM
That Pokemon Guy

I just promoted my main team to level 80+!

I am also whittling away at the Nightmare guardians.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:42 PM

Took my new max level Behemoth King for a spin against Famfrit:

It took a lot of retries to figure this one out, becausr I was so close to a sub-30 run but could never manage to squeeze out enough damage before the chain and buffs wore off. Kinda frustrating to be 5 seconds shy, but that also means I'm only like 1 particular relic away from getting there.

Then I tried this asshole again, now using Galuf with an R2/R1 Stone Press combo. Only took me 2 tries to clear it this time. Ignis is MVP support here because his crit buffs were letting Bartz hit close to the damage cap every time, and he guarantees that Galuf's first Stone Press will crit and knock Quetzacoatl out of Savage Mode.

Will I be able to defeat the remaining Geosageno Magicite? I'm not very confident.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Silvers View Post
I just promoted my main team to level 80+!

I am also whittling away at the Nightmare guardians.
That's a good step forward. A lot of the Nightmare fights can be cheesed pretty hard with the right Roaming Warrior, but I think there's still some of them you need to work with their gimmick to beat. Also, only a handful of the Nightmare abilities are really useful. Meltdown and Curada are top 2, imo.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:55 AM
That Pokemon Guy

I even got lucky in a multiplayer group and took down the Tiamat raid boss at the highest difficulty (but it was really obvious I was the weakling of the party)
Old 10-18-2018, 02:40 AM
Chaotic Good

Those are some good kills, Yangus.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:06 AM
That Pokemon Guy

The realm dungeons went up in cost again.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:15 AM
That Pokemon Guy

Made this my new phone wallpaper:

So are there any good relic pulls coming up? I guess I need to figure what other stuff I should be aiming for. I've been neglecting the Record Dungeons too much.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:29 AM
graffiti programmer

The next big thing is going to be a new set of Realm relic draws coming out on the 26th. They're 15 mythril for the first pull on each, and the relic pool is BSB+ (including LMRs and Glints, I believe.) They're permanent, so you don't have to pull them all immediately (that's 255 mythril, after all), but might be especially helpful for newer folks to improve realm coverage.

Other ones on my radar right now are B1 on the next XIV event (lots of good mage stuff for Alphinaud & Papalymo) and B2 of the next VI event (Strago chain & USB, plus Gau USB.) That's all I'm planning to pull on before the next fest.

As an FYI, the fest after this one is when the next big step of power creep happens, so some folks have already stopped all pulls in the interest of saving up for it. We won't be seeing that stuff til March though.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Chaotic Good

Banner 2 of the current V event is going to be the best banner until next fest, but only for end game players, lacking a good break or medica.

All the event banners between now and fest are pretty similar. They mostly have a buff, a medica, a break, a ASB and some DPS USBs as top prizes with a second banner that's a pile of random DPS relics.

II - lacks buffs or chains, but Furion has pretty wide elemental coverage in both fire and ice. Hilda USB is good and Hilda herself is excellent. Not a great banner overall.

XIV - lacks a break. Ignis sneaks in the best relic on the banner in a BSB slot with a really great buff and Prompto CSB gives this banner two excellent physical buff options. It needs them, Noct is fine and this is the best NE tech in the game but NE just isn't good right now. Iris USB is better than it has any right to be with two middling effects but Iris herself is kinda on the bad end of the healer spectrum so it really limits what you could use it for.

X1 - I like this banner, it has everything. The problem is Wakka USB is a 8s crush instead of a 15s break (you'd actually want to legend dive him if you had it) and a kinda bad attempt at a hybrid DPS SB to boot. Auron ASB is here but but not his excellent USB, though the GSB or LMR will cover enfire. Tidus BUSB is just kinda damage, though Tidus is excellent so that's not a big problem. Rikku can't hastega or entrust but she can do damn near everything else so her CSB is an excellent buff.
X2 - This is just a weird mix of random DPS relics in my eyes, plus Rikku's other buff which is kinda dated but still good.
Both of these banners would be a lot better if Tidus BUSB and Auron USB were swapped between them.

XIV1 - Great banner, just lacking a medica. Very maged focused but Thrancede's break is pretty good, actually. I think this is the only one of these that combines a good USB with a good ASB, so that's something (Firion's ASB is kinda meh).
XIV2 - Well that went downhill fast, what's an OSB doing here? It's decent but it has the same problems as the X2 banner: just a pile of random DPS relics and a buff.

IX1 - Actually really nice. Has the same ASB problem as some earlier ones re: Zidane, but with Zidane AASB being what it is that's not the worst problem to have long term. Freya shows Wakka what a real hybrid DPS/Crush debuff should look like (though ironically their respective legend dives actually mean both have some value over the other). No chain, though.
IX2 - If you're going to do a collection of random DPS SBs, this is how you do it. Every 6* on this banner is amazing and even the token non-DPS relic is on the high end of spectrum for healing (Eiko's pretty damn good, haste is relevant more often than you may think and any instant Last Stand is a winner). There's even actually a really good buff in the BSBs (Garnet BSB2 is very relevant to the 5* water fight as a support relic). though the rest are all just damage.

And that's it until Fest, which I don't really have time to look at/think about. All 17 15 mythril realm draws are not to be skipped by a new player for sure, though.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:11 PM

I got Prompto's LMR from a daily draw and then I waffled between honing an extra Tempest Snipe so he and Edgar can be in the same team, or saving the orbs. This is what happened when I crafted one to R3. 2 Machinist USBs and a 1.0 chain. I can potentially not have to recast OK's buff or the chain if Kain can land enough OSBs, since this clear time is right around when the buff and haste would wear off...
Old 10-23-2018, 11:45 PM
Chaotic Good

OK pUSB is almost always worth recasting, though, since his EX mode gets extended and he keeps getting lower cast times.

I guess if you're entrusting it's a bit of a tossup, by 30s I think a 15s recast may have paid for itself with wrath.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:51 PM
That Pokemon Guy

So that free relic draw today got me Clouds sword with Ultra Cross Slash I think it was. Between that and his Materia Blade he is pretty geared, and I put him in my party to get his Materia.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
OK pUSB is almost always worth recasting, though, since his EX mode gets extended and he keeps getting lower cast times.

I guess if you're entrusting it's a bit of a tossup, by 30s I think a 15s recast may have paid for itself with wrath.
He's running Ripper Bolt/Entrust and by the time his EX mode ends I don't have many hones left to use anyway so the speed boost is neglible. I haven't considered switching him back to Wrath/Entrust though since I don't need as much help building a chain with that team. His damage isn't *that* good hmm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Silvers View Post
So that free relic draw today got me Clouds sword with Ultra Cross Slash I think it was. Between that and his Materia Blade he is pretty geared, and I put him in my party to get his Materia.
His free Materia Blade isn't that great but for weaker content it'll do its job, but Ultra Cross Slash is one of the best things to break the game with.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:15 PM
That Pokemon Guy

Got Mako Might now.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:10 PM
That Pokemon Guy

So I did that V banner and got 3 6* and 2 5*... The 5* were dupes but still...

Also got Iris Moogle Plushie from book 6

Last edited by Red Silvers; 10-26-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:54 PM
Chaotic Good

Which 6*?
Old 10-26-2018, 03:54 PM
Chaotic Good

I'm doing 99 pulls tonight, but A Beyond ain't one.

Last edited by Destil; 10-26-2018 at 03:55 PM. Reason: (well 9x11)
Old 10-26-2018, 07:12 PM
Chaotic Good

100 pulls and not a single new 6*.

New: Arc buildup LMR, Ceodre BSB, Bartz GSB, Greg BSB2, Xeat BSB, Edgar LMR, Sabin BSB, Yuffie LMR, Pain BSB (2?), Auron BSB2.
Dupe: Yang BSB, Krile LMR, Seifer CSB, Cloud BSB1, Dorgann USB.

Yuffie LMR is the only thing I have any real plan to use (I was considering a select for it, so that's great). Maybe Arc LMR if I pickup his BSB2/USB at some point. Even Bartz GSB isn't really amazing without his USB2.
Old 10-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Chaotic Good

Pulled on XII out of favoritism and got Ashe OSB and a dupe Penello USB.

Eh, I think I'm done. Everything else is really slim pickings.

Tags
final fantasy , five dollar horse armor , freemium fantasy , gil toss , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , probability education , square enix , thin edge of the biggs , thin edge of the vicks , thin edge of the wedge