The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 01-25-2018, 09:22 AM
Tell me about your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
I don't have any questions, it's all crystal clear and sensible. But as team leader I should be in charge of these tokens so they don't get misplaced.

*starts collecting the chits*
While I have no objections to the infallible judgement of Friend Computer making Sou-R-LAD team leader, I feel like it would be prudent for them to submit to a mandatory delousing done by Bone-R-LAD before fully assuming their duties, so as to not adversely affect the team's morale. Also, they need to wash their derrière, seriously.

What say everyone else?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:25 AM
Funko Superfan

Pronouns: He/Him

Um excuse me, why are you asking for everyone opinion? Only a communist would expect everyone to have an equal say.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Um excuse me, why are you asking for everyone opinion? Only a communist would expect everyone to have an equal say.
You seemed distressed, friend Sou-R-LAD Are you feeling unhappy? Let me gently remind you that all we are all happy and friends here.

I was merely deferring to the roles that the infallible Friend Computer has trusted us with, since Bone-R-LAD is the team's hygiene officer. Do you mean to tell me you're questioning Friend Computer's guidance? That seems dangerously close to Communist behavior to me.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:42 AM
Funko Superfan

I said nothing of the sort. In fact I am VERY HAPPY to have said nothing of the sort.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 AM
till the sheriff stops by

Do we PM to do secret actions? Like...

(I scan the room for Commies and/or anything edible)
Old 01-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Um Actually oil outlaw

(Yup! If you want to do anything secret, or have any questions, just send me a PM! Of course, none of you have anything to hide, so I'm sure it won't come up.)
Old 01-25-2018, 11:25 AM
earthquake ace

Pronouns: Any

"I've got a question!"

Unprecedentedc-R-ISIS motions to the BBB cooler.

"Does this thing have wheels?"
Old 01-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Um Actually oil outlaw

"It's a cooler. Do you have arms?"
Old 01-25-2018, 11:40 AM
earthquake ace

"Look, I just figured that I could do my job more successfully and quickly if I didn't have to set the thing down and pick it back up every time someone needed a refreshing drink of B3. This cooler must be what, forty pounds?

"So...I guess that's a no?" Unprecedentedc-R-ISIS sighs. "Maybe I'm just not seeing Friend Computer's great plan on this one just yet."

They heft up the cooler, getting used to the extra weight. In a slightly deadpan voice, they intone, "Get'chur BBB; Triple-B, on the house!"
Old 01-25-2018, 01:29 PM
クソゲーが好な人

I slap the chits out of Sou-R-LAD's hands, disinfect the chits, disinfect the table, disinfect my hands, disinfect Sou's hands, disinfect my hands again, and eyeball the cooler.

"Those are not to be wasted; just as Friend Computer decrees, B3 is to be consumed at a time when a boost in happiness is required. Right now, we have received our first mission, which means we are ecstatic. Therefore, no B3 is to be consumed."

I nod at this show of logic and look to Sou-R-LAD for orders.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:31 PM
Holy Swine

Hamme-R-TIME gently chides Unprecentedc-R-ISIS: "Friend computer's plan may not be immediately evident to you, but it always knows what's best for every one of us. Don't question it."

He resumes taking infinitesimally detailed notes on the conversation in his notebook, having come prepared to the meeting.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:32 PM
Funko Superfan

Quote:
I nod at this show of logic and look to Sou-R-LAD for orders.
Thank you very much for your dedication to your duty. You should be commended. Now with the hygiene question out of the way I think we can proceed to the shuttle station and from there to R&D.

*scoops up chits*
Old 01-25-2018, 02:55 PM

*nods, gets ready to go on team leaders words, acts kind of like a dog waiting for a ball to be thrown*
Old 01-25-2018, 02:57 PM
Um Actually oil outlaw

"Well, you lot seem to have this all well in hand. Impressive initiative, Team Leader. Even more impressive that you've apparently managed to remember which claim token was uniquely assigned to each member of your team by Friend Computer to best help them complete this mission. You'll do great."

For the first time, the Green seems to have some genuine emotion on his face as he smiles at Sou-R-LAD.

"Have a wonderful day."
Old 01-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Funko Superfan

Uh, yeah. Mind like a steal trap, this. Anyway wasting time in this room is wasting the computer’s time. The best way to lead is to force people to follow! Away we go.

*leaves room to head twoards nearest shuttle station*
Old 01-25-2018, 04:32 PM

*follows*
Old 01-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Holy Swine

Follows, still taking notes furiously.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:21 PM
Um Actually oil outlaw

(Alright, if I don't hear any objections by tomorrow, we'll probably jump straight to the station. If you want to do anything visible during that time, post it here, and if you want to do anything on the down-low during that time, PM it to me!)
Old 01-25-2018, 05:22 PM
earthquake ace

Unprecedentedc-R-ISIS lugs the B3 cooler out along with the others; they very nearly stumble multiple times just to get to the door.

They'll probably be fine.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Um Actually oil outlaw

Default A Departure

(Just to reiterate, we're playing kind of fast and loose with continuity here, as a concession to running this by forum. I don't want the game to feel slow, so I'm jumping ahead and making some assumptions, but I don't want anyone to feel rushed, so if anyone ever feels like we've jumped passed something they would have liked to do, or would have elected to do differently, just let me know and we'll do a bit of ret-conning. For example, I'm about to describe ya'll getting on the shuttle, but feel free to role-play anything on the approach to the station, or the actual process of embarking. If you want to do something, just post it!)

All of you arrive at the shuttle terminal to find a bustle of calmly ordered activity. There is a constant stream of transit shuttles arriving and departing, as lines of infrareds embark and disembark, most of them expressionless, some smiling into the middle distance at something that only they can see. Some of you notice your colleague Veryaf scanning around as if looking for something, and then you all spy a sign directing you to the private on-demand Red shuttles, and there you find a trio of shuttle berths. Two of them are empty, but the 3rd has a 12-capacity shuttle waiting to carry you to wherever in Alpha Complex you'd care to go. You board it, and then hear a short jingle, followed by a cheerful voice emitting from speakers at the front of the shuttle:

"Greetings valued citizens, and welcome to another wonderful morning in Alpha Complex. Please be seated and secure your safety belts, and then enter your destination for today."

The small cabin contain 12 seats, arranged in 3 rows, with 2 pairs in each row and a centre isle. The walls are covered with informational posters and ads, most of them depicting happy people enjoy their lives in Alpha Complex. A panel at the front of the cabin lights up, displaying 26 ordered alphabetical characters below a 3-character digital dispay. Only 25 of them are lit, though, as the "Q" emits a few sparks and falls dark.

(I'd like everyone to tell me what they do upon entering the shuttle. Please be detailed in your responses.)
Old 01-26-2018, 06:48 AM
クソゲーが好な人

"It's these Infrareds," I grumble at the team. "Back in the old days, you'd never see so much as a dead pixel on a shuttle display."

I (attempt to) tediously disinfect each seat before the team members sit down. Then I carefully inspect each poster, making sure they are free of creases or tears. (Any blemishes I note in my pad.) I give the cabin panel a nasty glare before sitting in my own seat, which of course I disinfect first.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:56 AM

"What shall we do, team leader?"
Old 01-26-2018, 07:59 AM
Cookie Clicker Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
All of you arrive at the shuttle terminal to find a bustle of calmly ordered activity.
[Peanut Gallery Comment: If I'm in a Paranoia game and I hear a phrase like "calmly ordered activity," I start to sweat.]
Old 01-26-2018, 08:07 AM

Until otherwise instructed, I walk around the cabin and memorize all the inspirational quotes on the posters. You can never have too many inspirational quotes memorized.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Holy Swine

I attempt to have a conversation with the speaker: "Greetings, Friend Computer! How is your day today?"

Then sit, beaming, waiting for a response, while noting the panel's failure in the notebook.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:53 AM
Um Actually oil outlaw

"This terminal is not interactive, but please rest assured that all audio is being recorded to help Friend Computer serve you better!"
Old 01-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Funko Superfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Unusual View Post
"What shall we do, team leader?"
"I suggest that you follow the instructions we were just given by our most beleivant friend, the computer. The lack of understanding you are demonstrating in this most straightforward of situations is alarming. I suggest everyone take note of it, in case Veryaf's simple brain compromises the mission." I give Hamme a significant look.

I then seat myself in one of the seats, and fasten the safety belt.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:03 AM

*I take the seat near or adjacent to Sou.*
Old 01-26-2018, 09:12 AM
Funko Superfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Nerd View Post
Until otherwise instructed, I walk around the cabin and memorize all the inspirational quotes on the posters. You can never have too many inspirational quotes memorized.
"Very prudent of you, Sem. But perhaps you could read the posters from the comfort of a seat?"
Old 01-26-2018, 09:23 AM

"Certainly, team leader Sou. I was merely observing the list of transit station identifiers here in order to be more efficient for the mission...also, it's Sma..."

I notice the faulty light display for the first time and frown.

"You are probably correct, Bone-R-BOY. However, we can not rule out SABOTAGE!"

I point to the compartment under the rear seat marked "emergency repairs".

"I suggest we open this up, team leader."

Tags
friend computer is friend