The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 03-18-2017, 11:01 AM
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oathbreaker View Post
Are Close and Distant Counter considered unique so you can't transfer them? Those are by far the best skills in the A slot and I'd be really tempted to feed Takumi to Lyn if she didn't have Defiant Attack there already, which is key to giving her Vantage against anything that isn't Takumi.
Close and Distant Counter are not unique skills. It's just that Takumi and Hector are the only characters with them, and they're GENERALLY going to be better then whoever else you toss that onto.

That said, though! Lightning Breath has inherent Distant Counter and CAN be transferred to other dragons! I have a spare Nowi that I want to feed to either FCorrin or Fae to give them Lightning Breath instead, but the + is locked behind needing 5*.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:10 PM

Can you transfer a different color, but same type of weapon, like dragon breaths or tomes? I mean it's pretty obvious you can't for the classic weapon triangle.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:23 PM
Objection!

Tomes are locked to the triangle. Breath is not.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:05 PM
gatchapon 3*

How do you know which skills transfer? Do you have to be a certain level, or have the skills already or something?
Old 03-18-2017, 07:16 PM
disguised king of surfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam View Post
How do you know which skills transfer? Do you have to be a certain level, or have the skills already or something?
1) The consumed unit has to be able to learn the skill at their current rank. So if the unit needs to be 5* to learn the skill, they have to be 5* to transfer it.
2) If it is a weapon skill, the base unit has to be able to wield that type of weapon. No giving swords to a lancer, or green tomes to a red mage, or anything like that.
3) Healing skills that staff users get are considered weapon skills, and can only be transferred to other healers.
4) Named weapons, such as Minerva's Hauteclere, cannot be transferred. Nor can Dance or Sing.

I believe that's everything.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:22 PM

Hey, does anyone know the AoE shapes of all the Rising/Growing specials?
Old 03-18-2017, 11:28 PM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
Hey, does anyone know the AoE shapes of all the Rising/Growing specials?
The respective pages for those skills on the Fire Emblem Heroes Wiki.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
The respective pages for those skills on the Fire Emblem Heroes Wiki.
Oh that should be helpful. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2017, 12:04 AM
contains words & diagrams

I decided to start poking at this again since they added the skill inheritance mechanic and the game's starting to feel more fleshed out, plus this newbie starter event thing and I need some kind of mobile fucking around game.

I suspect I should max out the castle EXP multiplier first, then focus on summonings? Is this newest Blazing Sword banner worth pulling on? Jaffar is pretty rad and Rebecca is adorbs but is it worth spending orbs on?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Objection!

With how XP-heavy the game is, I would say you should get a decent crew of heroes first, and then max out the castle.

Special TIME LIMITED early shot at Michalis tomorrow morning, but don't worry if you miss it. He'll return for proper on the 24th. Where there's a community challenge for beating him up.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Objection!

I managed to get in on the 3* version and clear it, but the 4* version has a tough trick that I'll have to build around. The main thing is that Michalis has a buddy flyer with him that knows Drag Back, so you need to one-shot it or else he's gonna drag you back and Michalis is gonna get you.

Also, in just 45 minutes, the community managed to blow past the challenge targets. Go team!
Old 03-21-2017, 04:14 AM
Objection!

IS is just rolling in events and quests. There's new set of Helping Hand quests for KOing foes with every unit category that each award 1500 shards.

And, phew. Well. Now time to try out the new bonus hero list. I'll have to hope this new loadout will work well enough. Early tests have been positive, and I've started doing Advanced arena matches. Even managed to rank last season, which was cool!
Old 03-23-2017, 07:41 AM
Objection!

And now here's ANOTHER set of quests for doing Lunatic stages with conditions, for another large batch of orbs.

Also the rewards for beating up Michalis so handily during the LIGHTNING ROUND got handed out. Apparently it's been confirmed that if you cleared any of his stages then, you won't get another copy of Michalis on those stages when he returns tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:45 AM

Yeah, those rewards and new quests are nice. I'm just saving orbs for the next banner at this point. I would love to get Ninian so I have a stronger dancer than Olivia, but I'm not expecting it.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:40 AM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

I've been logging in every day to get the bonuses and do some arena or something, but haven't been redeeming anything.

I now have 82 orbs. Hoping the next round has cool Path of Radiance people.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:54 AM
Objection!

I think I've done my last set of pulls for this banner, and will just save up for next time. I did get a 3* +Atk/-Res Adult Tiki, though, and might put in the work to boost her to 5*. That also puts me at having a dragon of each colour.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:16 AM
Fishing for Felbloom

I've had exceptionally good luck with this banner (five-star Lyn, Chrom, Hinoka, Nowi, and Rebecca), so I'll be sad to see it go.

I still need a decent green physical attacker. I've been saving up my feathers to promote Nino up to five stars, but my best axe-user is a four-star Camilla, who seems really terrible.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:26 AM

ughhhhh i just want a ninian is that so much to ask
Old 03-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Obtuse Ham

Same. I have a bunch of orbs stockpiled and I'm almost tempted to dump them all for Ninian but like...I don't really want any of the other Focus Heroes.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:24 AM
do-do-doo do-doo

I have Ninian

My other 5*s are an archer and 6 Sword users

(I mean, some of them are really good, but still)
Old 03-23-2017, 06:28 PM
oh my car

It sucks that these lunatic quests aren't retroactive.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:26 AM
Objection!

So, the Michalis battle is now properly live, with it's typical special banner. This time the focus heroes are Eliwood, Minerva, Gordin, and Selena. I find Gordin being on the list amusing because Michalis' special is to not be weak to arrows.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:35 AM

I beat the level 30 Micalis fight after a slight tweak. Basically, just bait him on the left side with a sword unit (or something else that won't get killed by the lance fighter and him combining attacks) and fill in 2 other triangle slots, with a good ranged as your 4th. For me, I went into it with Peri, Lucina, Jaffar (all 5*) and Camilla (4*) and sussed out that strategy with 2 attempts.

Level 40 is a bit harder, but the stats aren't so bad. I really hate that Micalis gets an unfairly huge boost to his 5 turn skill, though. Starts out at 1 turn before activation...
Old 03-25-2017, 02:58 AM

I'm biting the bullet with full-cost pulls aiming just for blue runes praying for Ninian, and taking a red if there aren't any blues to pick because I like Karel anyway. I've seen fewer blue runes than anything else since I started and it's really odd. But then I just pulled a -SPD, +ATK Karel so... wow I guess.

I am kind of astonished at how terrifyingly strong they made him.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oathbreaker View Post
I'm biting the bullet with full-cost pulls aiming just for blue runes praying for Ninian, and taking a red if there aren't any blues to pick because I like Karel anyway. I've seen fewer blue runes than anything else since I started and it's really odd. But then I just pulled a -SPD, +ATK Karel so... wow I guess.

I am kind of astonished at how terrifyingly strong they made him.
my first three pulls on this banner had zero blue runes among them
Old 03-25-2017, 10:13 AM

Even though I have mellowed out about this game's orb summons, I still wish you could see the spread before you commit any orbs, and back out/shuffle it.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:39 PM

In the Ursula event I didn't have the firepower levelled to take on 4*, so I'm glad this time I got my Nino to high 30s in time for Lunatic Michalis. Dance + Draw Back was super handy for the "no one can die" win condition.
(On top of Dance already being super handy.)
Old 03-27-2017, 01:42 AM

I did a random pull because I had 82 orbs. Got a second Lucina. She's going to give Aether to Nino.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:13 AM
Objection!

Three more updates have been added to the plan for the April update: You will be able to adjust starting positions, lower rarity characters will gain more XP, and thus level to 20 quicker, and stamina will be raised to 99. The last one seems like a pointless, or at least misdirected change, but overall some solid QoL improvements.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:32 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbaglo View Post
Three more updates have been added to the plan for the April update: You will be able to adjust starting positions, lower rarity characters will gain more XP, and thus level to 20 quicker, and stamina will be raised to 99. The last one seems like a pointless, or at least misdirected change, but overall some solid QoL improvements.
I am super excited for the starting positions change. Stamina of 99 is nice since the lunatic story levels use so dang much. I'm all for it!

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , i like ike , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a banner and pray , pick a god and pray , random number god , waifu wars