The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about music and podcast

Old 04-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Gesundheit!

They're not coming through my area on this tour, so I guess my count will have to stay at 10 concerts for now. I saw one of their monthly Williamsburg shows last year, though, and catching them on their home turf is something special.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Not a Beer

Yeah, I was really glad they swung by the Cradle again just at the end of this tour. I've seen them... I dunno, at least half a dozen times now, and the ones there have been the best by far. Of course, it helps a lot that it's nearby and thus convenient for me to line up an hour early and end up within a few feet of the stage.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:20 AM
Tiger, Tiger, muddy dark

Have any of you listened to Information Society before? They're coming to Orlando on April 28. I care because my cousin from Los Angeles is drumming for them and I'm going to attend to meet him for a bit. I met him a bit in 2013 when he drummed for Dawn of Ashes and Psyclon Nine (both now disbanded), whose tour came to Orlando that year.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:13 AM
Not a Beer

I quite like a few of their old songs including the ubiquitous What's on Your Mind (Pure Energy) and especially Peace and Love, Inc.

I had no idea until you brought them up just now that they're re-formed like a decade ago and were actively recording and touring again. Huh. How 'bout that. I'd be mildly interested but Orlando's way too far.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:33 AM
Tiger, Tiger, muddy dark

I bought two tickets, then my cousin gave me a free one. I'm only going to be bringing one other person. The tickets I bought are non-refundable. What's the appropriate thing to do with the spare ticket? Would it be considered soliciting if I sold it at-cost to somebody at the door?
Old 04-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Not a Beer

I suspect it depends on the venue whether they'd actively frown on that. (If it wasn't too far for a day trip, I'd consider buying it. But it is.)
Old 04-25-2016, 02:11 PM
Tiger, Tiger, muddy dark

I got one person in town agree to drive me there and back in exchange for a ticket. That's great for me because I'm not going to get much sleep that morning and I'm afraid of falling asleep at the wheel on the long drive home that night. I still want to find one other person to go with us.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:50 PM
Tiger, Tiger, muddy dark

The Information Society concert was a blast! It was a mix of old and new songs. Kurt Larson was nice enough to walk me through some halls to meet my cousin Jon before the show. He's on drum pads in the top video.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:31 PM
Goodbye!

I just watched Wolf Parade's first live show in five years. It was a secret show. I was on the guest list.

This is the coolest I've ever been.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Gesundheit!

Anyone who used Ticketmaster between 1999 and 2013: check the active vouchers on your account. Due to a recent class-action settlement, you are likely to have discounts or free pairs of tickets waiting for you, especially if you saw a lot of shows. I was a concert fiend during and after college so I now have two tickets apiece to eight shows between now and 2020. They're still finalizing the list of eligible venues and events (it appears to be restricted to Live Nation specifically), so I don't know how much this will actually be worth in the end, but it's worth checking out.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:25 AM
Not a Beer

I try to avoid ticketmaster whenever possible, so I wasn't sure if I even had an account. But just to see, I tried an old set of credentials and lo and behold, I have both an account and one pair of ticket vouchers. Lord knows if there will ever actually be something I'm interested in that they can be used on, but at the very least the additional $2.25 discount code that's in there should help offset the ticketmaster tax for something I want to buy eventually.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:03 AM

grrrr
I have roadtrip in a month. this band is playing in the town I'm visiting , but ticket fly has their stuff "off sale." I really want a ticket. do clubs usually have a reserve of tickets for purchase at the door?

Tags
italo disco