The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about creating

Old 10-13-2015, 08:05 AM
You blockhead

Also, just so it's clear since some people take me too seriously, I am totally kidding around and GoggleBob can obviously write about whatever he wants.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:21 AM
The Goggles do Nothing

Regarding Tactics and MQ, I limited this post to just mainline FF because, holy cow, it's already like 6,000 words. There's probably a Laudible FF Women Gaiden post in the future (far future) that covers all the spin-offs and "associated" games like Secret of Mana's Girl and her twin sister, Marle.

Though, while MQ is still fresh in my mind, I'll note that, likely as a result of the storyline requiring characters to drop in and out of the party, the supporting fighters of FFMQ are the sorriest, least reliable lot I've ever seen. Reuben falls off a bridge fighting a single mummy that you can then eliminate in a turn! That said, even though Phoebe is completely incapable of accomplishing anything without Ben's help, she at least is the only party member in the game that doesn't join or leave for randomly capricious or injury-related reasons. Kaeli is damseled early in the quest, but, as I just mentioned, Reuben suffers much the same fate later, and when Kaeli returns, she's swinging around the greatest, largest axe in the game. As far as I'm concerned, in a game with precious little characterization at all, the fact that Kaeli is just one beard away from being a berserker goes a long way in my book. She's already a redhead! She also has the longest quest to rescue her father, as Phoebe rescues her grandfather in only the span of one area, and Reuben rescues his father in the same timeframe. Kaeli takes nearly the whole game and travels the world to rescue her father, so points for determination. Also, it's apparently rough to be a parent in the FFMQ universe.

And, while I was looking up how to properly spell "Kaeli", wow, here's some FFMQ cosplay.

(And don't worry, I know we're still friends, Solitayre, person I've just addressed directly for the first time)
Old 10-19-2015, 08:59 AM
The Goggles do Nothing

And we're back to the FGC, complete with a (mostly done) site redesign. Less eye-searing? Yes/no?
Old 10-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Outraged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoggleBob View Post
And we're back to the FGC, complete with a (mostly done) site redesign. Less eye-searing? Yes/no?
I like it.

Not a huge fan of all the wasted space on the sides, but that seems par for the course for blogs. I suppose it makes it look better on mobile?
Old 10-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Child of the Sun and Sky

Quote:
The old design gave my shitty laptop sometimes trouble loading and the new doesn't, so I'd call it a win.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:51 PM
me want the puyopuyon

Quote:
Maybe a sphinx?
heh
Old 10-23-2015, 08:48 AM
The Goggles do Nothing

I'm noting this article on Pokemon here because it was nearly a post in the headcanon thread some time ago, but I never got around to writing it.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:26 PM
me want the puyopuyon

porygon not as a special hologram pokemon, but the original "beta" one, complete with significant security flaws that cause its evolution to get weird as shit if you give it a virus

i can dig it
Old 11-06-2015, 09:16 AM
disguised king of surfing

for choices!
Old 11-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Who?

I still can't click on the title on top and be taken back to the homepage. 0/10 would not read again.

Kidding. Content is A+.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:01 PM
The Goggles do Nothing

So, yes, turtles are frothing, and this is happening. More details here, but the long short of it is that I'm accepting all comers, or something.

And, yeah, I'd like to boost the site's facebook/twitter likes. I swear I don't care about that kind of thing, and I keep telling myself that, but, on the other hand, the internet is a popularity contest, and it really bothers me that I'm so far behind therealdonaldtrump. I mean the site... I mean the site is so far behind other sites, like-wise.

Yeah... that's the ticket...

So, anyway, please make all recommendations not in this thread, but I will be noting here anytime a known TT'er's choice gets picked.

... So I guess note yourself as originating from TT if you're into that kind of thing.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Outer Spacean

What if I'm not on any of those services

(no worries, really, I just wanted to make an Elevator Action Returns request cause I'd love to read how you interpret that delightful game)
Old 11-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Outraged!

Making me dust off my twitter account. You're a monster.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:52 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

YEESSSS

BANGAI-OOOOO

BANGAI O MOTHERFUCKER
Old 11-11-2015, 08:05 AM

MOTHER FUCKING BANGAI OOOOOO

Ahem

That was excellent and I enjoyed reading it very much.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 AM
New Video World is out!

I'm certain that little blue-haired guy was nude in my version
Old 11-11-2015, 08:26 AM

Yeah and the other thing is a weird Bedsheet ghost.

For some reason there are two versions of the continue screen and I have no idea why that's a thing.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:21 AM
The Goggles do Nothing

According to cutting room floor, it's a regional difference.

This makes sense, as I've seen the same Game Over screen about 10,000 times.

Oh, and in case future generations only enjoy clicking things, here's the FGC article.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:19 AM
The Goggles do Nothing

Various hybrids went to heaven in the latest entry, but I'm more or less stopping by to confirm that Reader's Choice whatever is wrapping up, so if you haven't gotten a request in by the end of the week, you'll have to wait for the next time ROB has children... or... something. Turtle, you were frothing, but I don't think I saw something from you? Just making sure I didn't miss anyone.

Also, for Goggle Bob fans, it will eventually pop up on the site in some manner, but things are afoot in the LP forum.

This weeks' top search terms for the site: "sayoko uehara fanfiction" and "aaron diaz zelda hentai". I don't want to be alive anymore!
Old 11-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Mystery Contraption

No such thing as bad publicity, Boggle Gob
Old 11-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Bob,

You only do console games right? And things you own. But have you put a list anywhere? I don't recall seeing one or a link to one.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:38 PM
The Goggles do Nothing

I don't even need to be coy about this considering you can read about my home security issues on the site, but I hesitate to post my inventory online because, in all honesty, I'm paranoid.

That said, I literally haven't had someone suggest a game I didn't have yet, and if someone did, I'd just give 'em a nope, so nothing ventured, nothing gained, or something like that.

Oh, and no 3DS games, because I can't screen capture from the majority of them. (Which is a shame, because I'd really like to hit Bravely Default)
Old 11-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:
I don't even need to be coy about this considering you can read about my home security issues on the site, but I hesitate to post my inventory online because, in all honesty, I'm paranoid.

That said, I literally haven't had someone suggest a game I didn't have yet, and if someone did, I'd just give 'em a nope, so nothing ventured, nothing gained, or something like that.

Oh, and no 3DS games, because I can't screen capture from the majority of them. (Which is a shame, because I'd really like to hit Bravely Default)
PC games?
Old 11-16-2015, 05:07 PM
The Goggles do Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falselogic View Post
PC games?
Nah.

"Iím a console gamer. Itís a life choice, because I know that if I start gaming on computers as well, then Iíll just never stop playing video games, and then itíll be the apocalypse, and I wonít have gotten anything done. So, sorry, that basically excludes all of Steam."

The original post.

Oh, which reminds me, I set up a simple index for the site if you or someone you love is trying to find a particular article.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:05 AM
The Goggles do Nothing

Order up, Wildcat.

Which reminds me, I want to thank everybody who stumped for the site and whatnot. I really do appreciate the fact that the site now has more than ten likes, and it makes me feel less like I'm just randomly shouting into the void.

I also apologize in advance for the upcoming Clock Tower article.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Outer Spacean

Quote:
Order up, Wildcat.

Which reminds me, I want to thank everybody who stumped for the site and whatnot. I really do appreciate the fact that the site now has more than ten likes, and it makes me feel less like I'm just randomly shouting into the void.

Thanks! I'll read it right now!

Edit - And read. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it! It's a marvelous game, and I'm happy to be the one who exposed you to it!
Old 11-18-2015, 11:32 AM
Life depends on change

Quote:
Order up, Wildcat.

I also apologize in advance for the upcoming Clock Tower article.
Just added a link to your FB page on the TT Facebook group page, hopefully that nets you some more Likes.

Elevator Action 2 looks insane. I must play it!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Outraged!

If you had asked me how many FGC entries there have been so far, I think I would have guessed 15, maybe 20 without looking it up, because I apparently have no sense of how much time I spend on the internet.

64, you've done 64 of these damn things already and they are all great. Well done.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:39 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfriction View Post
If you had asked me how many FGC entries there have been so far, I think I would have guessed 15, maybe 20 without looking it up, because I apparently have no sense of how much time I spend on the internet.

64, you've done 64 of these damn things already and they are all great. Well done.
Great? No, they are art.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:32 PM
The Goggles do Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfriction View Post

Oh, since you're here, JP Friction, just know that your Pikmin request is incoming, but, for reasons that will become apparent in the article, I tried to coordinate Gogglebob.com's first joint article. However, there was a bit of a hangup when the person I was working with decided to go into labor. I explained to her that it is her job as a mother to show that wily kid who's boss from the get go, but she wasn't hearing it, so Pikmin article is delayed for a little while.

Ya know, just in case you're curious.

Tags
100% real cobs , best of talking time , blogodecohedron , bob loblaw law blog , gogglebob4president , gotta go fust , ice climbers fanfiction , please look forward to it , q is for quick man , random rob - what is art? , secret best poster , tag begging , the goggles do nothing