The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 03-28-2017, 04:27 AM
Objection!

Hoppy Easter.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:28 AM
King Of Space-Time

And the hunt for Bunny Lucina begins in earnest...
Old 03-28-2017, 09:57 AM
disguised king of surfing

Are those in the game already?
Old 03-28-2017, 10:36 AM
Objection!

No, it's the next banner. Unless you mean the characters they're based on, in which case probably. Current theory is Chrom and Camilla.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:00 PM
oh my car

I've saved up nearly a hundred and forty orbs because I haven't much liked any of the recent banners, but if they're going to get into weird holiday-themed alternate versions before they add even a single Path of Radiance character then, ooh, I'm gonna complain about it.

Edit: I forgot Sanaki, because I barely recognized her when she did show up. Those bastards, getting off on a technicality...!

Last edited by Bongo Bill; 03-28-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:02 AM
Objection!

Well, the skills won't come up until tomorrow, but the banner's looking to be Green Axe Chrom, Blue Tome Lucina, Blue Lance Xander, and Green Tome Camilla.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:42 AM

I got the feathers to finally promote Nino to 5* and oh god. She's so powerful.

I'm also grinding my 2nd Lucina up so she can pass on Aether, and I got a 4* Lon'qu who will be used to teach someone Vantage. I forgot that Nino's weapon has +1 special cooldown, so I think maybe I won't teach her Aether after all. But something else with a shorter charge time, from another character, could be nice.

Also, that easter stuff looks fun.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:02 AM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

I had to pause the video when I saw Xander because I was laughing so hard. Holy shit.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:02 AM
disguised king of surfing

I'm pretty sure this makes Easter Camilla the first flying mage in Heroes? That can be useful, with Hone/Fortify Fliers and a Gronnblade.

Also, Carrot Spear is 5/5 I want it
Old 03-29-2017, 10:38 AM
oh my car

I don't like the costumes.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:26 PM
an eeling of Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violentvixen View Post
I had to pause the video when I saw Xander because I was laughing so hard. Holy shit.
Looking at this again, I think I've gone from "this is so dumb it's terrible" to "this is so dumb it's fucking amazing"

like this is the worst thing ever and I love it
Old 03-29-2017, 01:07 PM
King Of Space-Time

BUNNY LUCINA CONFIRMED
Old 03-30-2017, 04:06 AM
Objection!

~It's Spring Time~

As is the norm, a new set of paralogues and quests are up for the new main banner. As for our costumed heroes:

Xander: Blue Lance Cavalry
  • Carrot Lance: If unit initiates attack, recover 4 HP after the battle
  • Swap
  • Live For Honour: If unit survives, get 1.5x the normal amount of badges from a Training Tower map. Only the highest bonus applies.
  • Fortify Def

Camilla: Green Tome Flyer
  • Green Egg: If unit initiates attack, recover 4 HP after the battle
  • Rally Attack
  • Defiant Speed
  • Live for Bounty: If unit survives, get 1.5x the normal amount of badges from a Training Tower map. Only the highest bonus applies.

Chrom: Green Axe Infantry
  • Carrot Axe: If unit initiates attack, recover 4 HP after the battle.
  • Shove
  • Atk/Def +2
  • Axe Experience: If unit survives, axe users on the team gets x2 XP.

Lucina: Blue Tome Infantry
  • Blue Egg: If unit initiates attack, recover 4 HP after the battle.
  • Rally Speed
  • Swift Sparrow: If unit initiates combat, gain Atk/Spd +4 during battle.
  • Seal Res
Old 03-30-2017, 04:13 AM

I forgot to mention that I did one last pull before the banner switched, and... I got Ninian! I already had Olivia, but still, this gives me what is hopefully a much stronger dancer.

I tried a pull on the new banner and got lots of 4* versions of characters I only had at 3*, so that wasn't bad. I even got another 4* Nino.

I'm really liking how this game handles most of its stuff, at least with respect to like, f2p player friendliness and all that. I haven't felt any need to ever buy any orbs because they give out so many stamina refresh potions, and have the daily arena quests for sword recharges, and orbs are easy to come by. I still would like to be able to see/shuffle the summon spread before spending orbs, but the other future improvements they've mentioned all sound great.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:32 AM
contains words & diagrams

I still don't know much about what's good in this game but is my impression that this Spring banner is full of lame gimmicks correct? I need some better green and blue magic but those skill sets look like jokes.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:32 AM
Objection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tefari View Post
I still don't know much about what's good in this game but is my impression that this Spring banner is full of lame gimmicks correct? I need some better green and blue magic but those skill sets look like jokes.
Those skill sets are really solid. The training passives are less useful for straight battles, but the regular skill distributions (even ignoring inheritance) are actually incredibly solid for all of them. Getting 4 HP regen on attack is just icing on the cake.

They're probably not REPLACEMENTS. Like, if you have Lucina, or even someone like Linde or Reinhardt, Bunny Lucina isn't going to obsolete them, but she's still really competitive. Bunny Camilla is the only flying caster in the game at the moment, which opens up a bunch of possibilities. Bunny Chrom is a freight train of green physical damage that straight up rivals Hector. Bunny Xander is a more defensive take on cavalry then is the norm.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:35 PM
oh my car

I would rather have regular versions of those characters than ones in goofy costumes.

These variants fill completely different niches than their vanilla counterparts - this new Camilla is the first flying mage, the other three are different colors, and Lucina even targets a different defense - but they're still strong.

I just don't, like, get it, I guess.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:07 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
new Camilla is the first flying mage
Oh man that is true isn't it? I was just assuming I didn't pull a character that was one!

Anyway, did a bunch of pulls and none of the spring characters showed up, but I got a 5* Cordelia and a bunch of other characters I'll use for skill inheritance or more feathers.

I am finally at 20k feathers but have to decide to who upgrade. Hmm.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:16 PM
Objection!

My pulls so far have gotten me Bunny Xander and Bunny Lucina. I'd like to get the others, but at this point I might just say I've gotten enough and stock up.

I should also have 20k feathers after this arena season ends, and now I'm left wondering if I want to upgrade someone for use, or to promote someone (like one of my Nowis or Adult Tikis) so I can pass on 5* skills. Hm...
Old 03-30-2017, 08:34 PM
Xmas Sandwich Anarchy

Did a couple pulls on the Bunny Banner and...

So there's that.

Turtle Bonus:

I'm not planning to pull any blues for a while, so this may be the best you ever get.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:04 PM
Mad Overlord

I went ahead and used all my stored orbs and got the Easter Camilla too. That would have been a big help last week when I was working on the quest to get 10th stratum clears with an all-flyer party, as the total lack of any magic damage was the biggest reason for most of the failed attempts (and I'm probably going to give up on doing it with Armor for the same reason).

Also got an extra Olwen to feed to my existing one. I thought at first that -ATK would cripple her too much, but she's worked out incredibly well in the all-cavalry team I've been using for Arena.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:59 PM
Xmas Sandwich Anarchy

Also, while Camilla might be ALL CHEESECAKE ALL THE TIME and her having a Playboy bunny outfit only exacerbates that, her battle sprite is just downright adorable:

Old 04-03-2017, 04:21 AM
Objection!

The next voting gauntlet has been announced, this time it's wyverns (Camilla/Cherche/Beruka/Minerva) vs pegasus (Palla/Subaki/Cordelia/Hinoka). The gauntlet will begin on the 5th, and there looks to be a few changes from last time. They're gonna change up the special quests for the last round, and they're adjusting the rewards, based on what the announcement has said.

Also, like last time, a new set of banners went up so you could try to get each side's focus characters. Oh, and there'll be mroe rewards for voting targets. They want to see if the playerbase can beat last time's totals.

Oh, and apparently Navarre's Grand Hero Battle is tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:30 PM
oh my car

I have just about everything I need to implement Gunter and Jagen's Wild Ride.

Jagen isn't coming, though. Shuffling some skills around.

First off, I taught Blárblade to this Reinhardt. Gave him some other things too, to help boost his attack to Silly levels. Gunter can come as he is, 'cause I'm generally short on green, and he brings Hone Cavalry.

Jagen was redundant, so I transferred his Fortify Cavalry to a Clarine. Now all I have to do is promote this Eliwood (not for Ward Cavalry, which I'm pretty sure doesn't stack with Blárblade, but so I can hit people in the face good). I've got enough feathers, but because of how SP gain works, I'm not sure I like the idea of promoting him before he reaches level 40. Leveling him up past 30 without Durandal has been like pulling teeth, though.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:30 AM
Objection!

Navarre is live, with a mostly physical party that still includes some ninjas to give you trouble. Mostly forest area, though.

The Anti-Navarre banner features Caeda, Sophia, Effie, and Kagero.

Edit: Oh man, my team of Reinhardt/Lucina/Hector/Priscilla managed to beat up the Lunatic Navarre fight. Used Hector and the Pivot I put on him to taunt out the ninjas and punch them in the face with eye lasers. After that, Lucina drew out the axeman and took care of him, while Reinhardt took care of Navarre himself. That just left a cleric, which wasn't really a threat.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:09 AM
Leading Sigma's Sleigh

I have pulled 4 5-star Lucina's now. This game is determined to give me the best Lucina in the world.

On the other hand, almost every single ax unit that I draw has been -Atk. I was very pleased to get 5-star Cherche from the new banner last night, but very frustrated to learn that she had attack bane. Just like my -Atk/+Res Camilla...
Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 AM

Lunatic Navarre was surprisingly straightforward with the Kagero Kills Everybody™ plan (Sharena/Olivia/Sakura/Kagero). She needed the various support abilities, but the southern forest kept the first few enemies coming one at a time so there wasn't much to it.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:13 AM
..and his little cat, too

So is 49 the cap on Orbs you can get from daily gifts? I got that many, then it just quit giving them to me, giving me other stuff instead.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:08 PM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBD_Nytetrayn View Post
So is 49 the cap on Orbs you can get from daily gifts? I got that many, then it just quit giving them to me, giving me other stuff instead.
No, you can have as many orbs as you want. They stopped doing orbs as daily gifts. Your daily orb giveaway now comes through the daily Arena quests.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:22 AM
..and his little cat, too

Oh, for... *grumble*grumble*

Here's hoping I get a draw I want in this batch, then.

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , i like ike , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a banner and pray , pick a god and pray , random number god , waifu wars