View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Kerberos Panzer Corps

Coming from the country of True Metal, here are some of my favorite albums:

Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon - One of the most well-known Norwegian black metal bands. Epic black metal and silly costumes. Here's the video of their most well-known song, Progenies of the Great Apocalypse. Their newest album, In Sorte Diaboli, is pretty good too. Check out the vid for the song The Serpentine Offering to see their version of the christening of Norway.

Satyricon - Now, Diabolical - More Norwegian Black Metal. The album starts out "radio friendly" as the youtube commenters remark, but gets progressively harder. Here is the first track of the album, quite catchy.

The Kovenant - Animatronic - Norwegian band playing "Space Metal" with lots of synth. They are not very big fans of organized religion! I posted a song from them earlier, here's another one, with them totally massacering their guitars.

Masterplan - Masterplan - This band likes power ballads. Mostly Swedish band members, but the vocalist, Norwegian Jřrn Lande, sings like an angel. I saw him singing Queen live, it was fantastic. I really love the last track, When Love Comes Close.

The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Armageddon March Eternal: A Symphony of Slit Wrists - Melodic Death Metal with angry growling dude and nice singing lady, with song titles like "The Bleeding Eyes of a Breeding Whore", "I See Nothing But Flesh", and "Resurrected for Massive Torture". And tell me this isn't one of the most metal album covers ever.

I've also become a fan of Pantera lately, Cowboys from Hell and A Vulgar Display of Power really showcase Dimebag's guitar skills. And of course there's Judas Priest, Motörhead, and the German band Arch Enemy. Even if you don't like death metal, look at this video of Arch Enemy if only to be blown away by the vocalist.