View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 09:14 PM
пик Б

Default Interlude 2: A Most Delicious Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advertisement for Daikaiju Brand Premium Hi-Quality Maple-Wood Syrup circa 1855

An Illustration of one of the Facilities used in the Production of the Fabulous Product that you will shortly be educated about

YES!
Introducing the New
DAIKAIJU BRAND PREMIUM HI-QUALITY MAPLE-WOOD SYRUP!
From Daikaiju Paper & Syrup Incorporated

The Maple Syrup you all know and love, now NEWLY IMPROVED and FORTIFIED with EXTRA TREE PRODUCT!

Manufactured and shipped straight from Brattleboro, in the fine State of Vermont, with patented Eastern wisdom resulting in the finest Flavors available.

ASK YOUR LOCAL GROCER IF DAIKAIJU BRAND PREMIUM HI-QUALITY MAPLE-WOOD SYRUP IS IN STOCK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partially recovered letter to the CEO of Talking Tracks Railroad from the president of DKJ Paper & Syrup Inc. June 3rd, 1854

CEO,

We are pleased that you have notified us of your intention to continue supplying our facilities in Brattleboro with pulpwood from Mass. I am confident we will both continue to profit handsomely from this enterprise.

I am also pleased to note your commitment to supplying us with increased quantities of pulp if we express need for more material, even going so far as to lay track to New York to ensure a steady supply.

I hope I can also be assured that you will refrain from supplying our competitors in either the paper or maple syrup industries - or if you must, do so at a reduced rate with lower priority trains.

At that, however, I must caution you. The board here recently got it into their heads that you might try and buy us out. They are strongly opposed to the idea, and I must say I would prefer if you not perform such an action. Surely we can continue to grow our businesses with cooperation.

In addition, some of my workers have recently reported strange and dangerous behavior from one of your freightmen at our main depot. According to witnesses, the man repeatedly kept dropping [unintelligible due to moisture damage] told them "Sorry, boss." [unintelligible] most concern, and I urge you to make an examination of [unintelligible]

S[unintelligible]

[unintelligible]

Last edited by Trar; 02-28-2015 at 11:37 AM.