View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Just bear with me

Wow, I had a doozy of a dream earlier today, proving that I have a severe case of Mega Man on the brain. Okay, for some reason, Mega Man was inside a shopping mall that had been converted into a makeshift hideout for Doctor Wily. He eventually encounters a boss; a large machine with a mysterious canister floating inside it.

Thinking that it would give him the upper hand, Mega Man dons golden armor with a flowing tail and ponytail that makes him look like a cross between Snake Man and Mega Man X. In true Mega Man 9 fashion, the armor only looks cool, quickly draining the blue bomber's life energy. He switches back and gets the machine down to its last few bars of energy.

Then Roll appears out of nowhere and stops the battle. She approaches the damaged machine, reaches a hand inside the cylinder of light masking the identity of the canister, and pulls it out. "This isn't Wily's brain in a jar," she shouts. "This is just a can of green beans!"

Mega Man stares dumbfounded for a second, then lets out a bloodcurdling scream of frustration that can be heard for miles.