View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 10:03 PM
Phantastic Oil

Pronouns: He/Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
Yeah, that's my sticking point. The original Sphere Grid was pretty cool because for one, it's not a web. The different "classes" all pretty much stay to themselves, except for times where related classes might brush up against each other.
I mean, that's still pretty much true here? Each of the various starting classes starts in a different section of the grid, and drives towards their preferred weapon/armour types. However, like FFX's grid, you can also plow a bunch of points into driving off into someone else's part of the grid if you decide you don't care for your starting choices or want to hybrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
There's also the part where each class wasn't just a collection of stats, there were different abilities scattered throughout them as well so that you always had something to strive for just around the corner.
This, however, I'll agree with. I was really disappointed when I started looking around the tree and didn't find the special abilities that I was hoping to. You're pretty much just choosing gear specialties and stats. That being said, the poltice/phials do serve to be that something to strive for, I've found. Each additional poltice/phial is a huge bonus, so I plan detours to pick up any close ones and dive for the ones close to my critical path.