The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 09-13-2017, 01:11 PM
Shill for Big Cow DNA

Finally pulled Green Ike today. I picked Lucina as my free one after much debate between her and Lyn. I still don't have regular Lucina, but now have this one, Spring Lucina and Masked Marth which is amusing.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:57 PM
Crazy Old Bird

Ugggh, just figured out my Reinhardt has -Atk. I'll probably still promote him because who knows when I'll decide to binge on a banner again (or even how long I'll be playing before I get bored again), and he's the best shot I have at a party with actual synergy. Trying to optimize in a gacha will only lead to tears.
Old Today, 03:57 AM
Crazy Old Bird

The Fire Emblem Warriors special maps are pretty fun, and an excellent source of experience.
Old Today, 05:45 AM
poisonous thread snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
Ugggh, just figured out my Reinhardt has -Atk. I'll probably still promote him because who knows when I'll decide to binge on a banner again (or even how long I'll be playing before I get bored again), and he's the best shot I have at a party with actual synergy. Trying to optimize in a gacha will only lead to tears.
I wouldn't sweat it... None of my characters have great IVs, I just try to play with people I like.

Also, the metagame at high levels isn't very fun, IMO. The good thing is that they seem to be working to open up the number of viable teams.

I honestly think the developers could stand to make some more interesting fodder units rather than just making more and more rare 4/5 star heroes. I'd be pretty stoked if I never pulled another Draug, Raugh, Frederick or Fir again.
Old Today, 06:03 AM
World of Darkness Returns

Well, other than logging in for my free orbs I guess I'm done with this for a while since Terra Battle 2 came out. Hopefully I'll have a backlog of story stages to run through when I come back, the slowness of the masked man plotline is driving me nuts.
Old Today, 06:04 AM
Definitely not a werewolf

I've been sniping blues from the Crimean banner in hopes of nabbing a second Nephenee so I can put a Slaying Lance+ on Catria (...I like themed teams, and my defensive arena team is a Whitewings Flier Emblem team) and I just lost my summoning rate to a -Atk 5-star Reinhardt. Boo. You're not wanted, Mr. Tinyhands. Especially because I have five 4-star Reinhardts sitting on my bench already, two of which are +Atk.

I had a thought about the summoning rates... they should add some 2-star units to the pool, but make them as rare as 5-star units. They could place the "Est" units (Est, Nino, Elincia, etc) and the trainee characters like Amelia in this 2-star pool. Maybe villagers and other low-level characters like Tiki, too. Ideally, summoning one of them wouldn't reset the rate, either.

IMO, they should also rotate in new 3-stars for each banner.
Old Today, 10:58 AM

I've been using my unleveled GHB units in the Warriors Maps and, well, Camus appears to be wielding Gradivus less like a lance and more like a...

...pool cue?

Old Today, 11:04 AM
Mad Overlord

Quote:
Do you have a spare Odin, or Cecilia + Nino? A mounted mage with a -blade weapon and both cavalry buffs winds up doing +30 damage per hit, and can be devastating even at 4*. I agree that waiting for perfect stats is nuts, but you might have better options than pouring resources into someone with a penalty to their most important stat.
Old Today, 11:10 AM

It's worth noting that if you merge a developed unit into a brand new one of the same rarity, that new unit automatically unlocks all of the developed unit's skills and and any previous merge bonuses. You can use Rein now and merge him later if you get a better one.
Old Today, 12:12 PM
Crazy Old Bird

I promoted him, he's now level 40 and doing great. Wouldn't even know he was sub-optimal if I hadn't checked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraeg View Post
Do you have a spare Odin, or Cecilia + Nino? A mounted mage with a -blade weapon and both cavalry buffs winds up doing +30 damage per hit, and can be devastating even at 4*. I agree that waiting for perfect stats is nuts, but you might have better options than pouring resources into someone with a penalty to their most important stat.
I have multiples of all three of those heroes. What would I be grabbing from who?
Old Today, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I have multiples of all three of those heroes. What would I be grabbing from who?
From Odin you'll want to grab Blarblade (and maybe Moonbow if you haven't replaced Reinhardt's special).

Cecilia + Nino is more of their own combination - that is, giving Cecilia a spare Nino's Gronnblade tome, then have Reinhardt/whoever support her with buffs.
Old Today, 01:28 PM
Mad Overlord

Yes, give Cecilia Gronnblade from Nino, then make sure she starts the turn next to someone with Fortify Cavalry and someone with Hone Cavalry. That gives her +6 ATK/SPD/DEF/RES, and since Gronnblade adds total bonuses on unit to damage dealt, that's +24 damage, on top of the normal 6 she gets from higher ATK. Note that it only counts bonuses that show up on the unit stats as a buff and apply until the next turn, such as from Rally and Fortify -- not from Goad or Ward Cavalry that give +4 to anyone within 2 spaces at the time of combat.

If you've already promoted Reinhardt, you're probably set for blue -- his unique weapon is worth keeping. Though if you have an Ursula lying around, she could do the same thing as above with Odin's weapon.
Old Today, 01:54 PM
Mad Overlord

Oh, and I should mention that you probably want Draw Back from Nino on Cecilia too. That and Reposition are very helpful for keeping your glass cannons out of danger range after they nuke someone.

My most effective team for a while now has been anchored by Lyn and Cecilia taking turns one-shotting things then pulling each other back to safety. And you have Roy, who should be a big upgrade over the Stahl I've been using to buff and protect them.

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , i like ike , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a god and pray , waifu wars