The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 09-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Minnesota Nice

Also I dug up this link to the clan page.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:49 PM
the :motion: stands

Request sentity-sent
Old 09-14-2017, 07:18 AM
Can't maintain

I sent one as well (Never Believe). I'm on XBone so i won't be able to play with y'all but the clan XP and rewards work cross-platform so i'll be able to help out there, at least.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:39 AM

Goddamn I hate the new characters on the last two planetoids.

A lot.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:43 AM
REVOLUTION GRRR STYLE NOW

uh, the character on Nessus is amazing. Mr. LRLR is in love with her, and she's legitimately made me laugh out lout multiple times.

Io character is pretty boring and one-note so far, and I think I've completed all the required story missions on Io.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:50 AM

It's probably because I'm in the middle of Borderlands 2 and the writing of the Voice of Hyperion is better than what they've given Failsafe so far. Also the split personality gimmick is even worse-written and horribly voice-acted.

There is no excuse for Asher. The second he said "vuvuzela" I was done forever with his shit.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:54 AM
is Earnest

Aww, I like Asher.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:15 AM
jiggery-pokery

Even the weird guy on Io has his moments during the Pyramidion strike.

Titan lady is by far the worst of the planetary faction representatives.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:37 AM
Are You Sure About That?

I'm probably gonna get the PC version when it drops at the end of next month, I'll have to see if I can join the console versions' clan then (I don't doubt it, but confirmation would be nice).
Old 09-14-2017, 11:56 AM
is Earnest

Yes, clans are cross platform. You can't interact with each other directly, but your actions contribute to clan XP and you get the clan benefits too.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:37 AM
Minnesota Nice

Don't know if this was a fluke or not, but I had to quit out of a story mission (what do you mean I have to help you unload the car and wrangle the baby?) towards the end of it. BUT! When I signed back in later and went to restart the quest, I was back at the last checkpoint I had passed. I was expecting to go through the whole thing again, so this was a very nice discovery.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:26 AM
is Earnest

I beat the campaign last night! The last few missions are really good. Nothing was surprising, but it felt good to play and looked really nice. I read somewhere that the story has a Saturday Morning Cartoon quality, but honestly most modern cartoons are way more interesting! It's really a bad 80's Saturday morning cartoon quality. There's a big bad buy who basically looks like Darth Vader. You have to get your team together and storm the castle. There are a few little twists, but there's not a whole lot more to it. However, they really nail the character moments and it stays engaging and fun throughout.

Anyway, now I have a sparrow and a nicer ship plus a million shaders and emotes and purple and gold equipment pieces. I haven't even run a single strike yet, plus there's flashpoints, meditations, lost sectors, treasure maps, the crucible, and potentially a raid at some point. There are a ton of goals to work toward. I don't know how long I'll actually keep playing, but they did a great job of making it feel like the game is just getting started.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:05 AM
Are You Sure About That?

Xur's up on Nessus, he takes legendary shards this time instead of strange coins. I hear the fusion rifle he sells is really good for bosses, if you're so inclined.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderDL View Post
Don't know if this was a fluke or not, but I had to quit out of a story mission (what do you mean I have to help you unload the car and wrangle the baby?) towards the end of it. BUT! When I signed back in later and went to restart the quest, I was back at the last checkpoint I had passed. I was expecting to go through the whole thing again, so this was a very nice discovery.
Definitely not a fluke. This happened to me as well when I had to help with an errand in the middle of a story mission.

I also beat the game last night, and the surprise you get when you teleport back into the game after the credits made me let out a little cheer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyblue View Post
Xur's up on Nessus, he takes legendary shards this time instead of strange coins. I hear the fusion rifle he sells is really good for bosses, if you're so inclined.

Pfft. Who'd waste the Exotic slot on a Heavy weapon?
Old 09-15-2017, 11:35 AM
is Earnest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I also beat the game last night, and the surprise you get when you teleport back into the game after the credits made me let out a little cheer.
I was glad to see the Farm is still accessible from the EDZ map. The only thing you can do there is pick up mail and decode engrams, but it's such a nice area.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyblue View Post
It's so much streamlined this time around. Legendary Shards are used to purchase and infuse Legendary/Exotic equipment, and you get them by dismantling Legendary/Exotic equipment. Such a relief to not have to worry about hoarding Exotic Shards! Or buying a bunch of crap Exotics from Xur specifically to disassemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderDL View Post
I actually think this carried over for Destiny 1? or at least it did for story missions you replayed. Because the story mission where you first encounter the Hive on the Moon, where you first see the Exo Stranger With The Unnecessarily And Perplexingly Great Rack* and the temple gates open up and a bajillion Thralls come boiling out at you? I basically first used that as an Engram farm, and then when they cut back on the drops, I still used it as a way to get bounties for anything high-kill count. I'd just die over and over until I did my thang, and then blip back to orbit. It'd keep me at the checkpoint forever, so as long as I didn't progress to moving inside the temple.

*seriously, what? Why? as Kylie mentioned at the time, ain't no robo-babies being suckled on those.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:59 PM
:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by upupdowndown View Post
*seriously, what? Why? as Kylie mentioned at the time, ain't no robo-babies being suckled on those.
You're making a lot of assumptions here that I personally would not be comfortable with.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:06 PM
Definitely not a werewolf

Maybe Exo don't have roboobs. It just looks like they do because they wear the same scavenged armor that the mammals do.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:17 PM
jiggery-pokery

That there is a male and female option for the robo-people means there must be some sort of difference. The humans programmed exos to adhere to 20th century gender standards for some reason (Bungie!).

I would play the hell out of an agender or gender-fluid robot guardian. Today I present as a man-robot, but tomorrow I can swap parts for robo-boobs? Sounds fun.

I'm still annoyed that this lame, feature-less white bro I picked out _three years ago_ is still the face of my guy in cutscenes. Let me leave my helmet on at least. I've changed sexes in Saints Row multiple times, and there was way more story in that than there is in this.

Anyway, I'm raid ready, I think. If anybody wants to jam next week I am in. Charlemagne55 on PS4
Old 09-16-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
Maybe Exo don't have roboobs. It just looks like they do because they wear the same scavenged armor that the mammals do.
with normal female Exo, absolutely. Destiny does a really good job of handling Guardian boobs: it doesn't show them at all because SPACE ARMOR. (okay, there's some chest expansion, but it's slight and reasonable.

the Exo Stranger though... let's just say her 'armor' is painted right on top of her chassis
Old 09-17-2017, 08:29 AM
Hawkguy

The Destiny clan has the permabanned dwolfe in it. Anyway to get him out?
Old 09-17-2017, 10:09 AM
Baby, I WANT Klonoa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraymonds View Post
The Destiny clan has the permabanned dwolfe in it. Anyway to get him out?
He mentioned it on twitter but for everyone else's peace of mind, Lakupo is going to take care of this when he can.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:22 PM
is Earnest

I'm not raid ready yet, but would anyone be up for doing nightfall sometime this week?
Old 09-17-2017, 12:31 PM

So, I got a chance to go into the raid this week. We are doing the thing blind, so it has been slow going. However, its an absolute blast! I'm looking forward to the next raid night.

Patrick, hit me up if you see me on and I'll be happy to do the nightfall with you.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Don't Stop Believin'

Hey, sorry, I missed that banning, but I too care of it as soon as I got the notice. Thanks for the heads up on Twitter (was in the midst of a game jam so I wasn't looking at the forum as much as usual).
Old 09-17-2017, 07:15 PM
Time for talking

I'd really love to run the new raid with y'all next weekend, if anyone's down for it!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:58 PM
Ancient Nameless Hero

I may be up fort a raid this weekend. I just cracked 260 power level this weekend, so I should be good to go.

Does anyone know how much time this thing requires?
Old 09-18-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I may be up fort a raid this weekend. I just cracked 260 power level this weekend, so I should be good to go.

Does anyone know how much time this thing requires?
Anecdotally, my raid team and I went in spoiler-free and spent 3 hours in it, only to make it past the first encounter. I'm pretty sure we have the second encounter completely figured out, just couldn't get the execution right to finish it.

If you go in knowing everything (which takes some of the fun out of it in my opinion) I'm sure you could make a lot more progress. A lot of our troubles stemmed from not having the right gear, since everyone was just using their highest light stuff.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:08 AM
Time for talking

I've gotten maybe halfway through it, but I only understood half of THAT, so I unfortunately won't be much help explaining anything. There was one part that was so complicated, I wasn't able to progress at all, but hopefully we'll have better luck. Mostly the impression I got was that it would be a LOT more fun to play with people you like, rather than randos.

Last edited by Maggie; 09-18-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Ancient Nameless Hero

Yeah, I have to say that as much crap as Bungie took over having no matchmaking for raids in the original Destiny, I can kind of understand the decision. I had a blast running Vault of Glass with a bunch of TTers, but I think if I'd had to do that with randos, I might have lost my mind.

The fact that I'm super shy and quiet on the mic makes it a lot better playing with people I know, or some mix of people I know and people who are adjacent to them.

Tags
uudd is all for aaa