The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM
Find Your Reason

"Man, it's so great women have a great superhero to look up to, but when are men gonna get one?"
Old Today, 01:23 PM
Is there not one thing

As Val D'Orazio pointed out over a decade ago, DC corporate culture's attitude towards women is only slightly better than Son of Sam's.
Old Today, 01:33 PM
For Great Apollo Justice

Yeah, because introducing what's transparently a long-lost-relative-who-turns-out-to-be-a-bad-guy character* makes the book about that character. My god, it's hard to imagine the stupidity that is required to get to that line of thinking. By that logic, WW should only ever fight female villains.

I'd be more worried that it's James Robinson on writing duties, since his work has been... mixed... since he came back from whatever Hot-Wheels-movie-writing exile he was on post-Starman.

* - Assuming, here, but that's DC's go-to plot point.
Old Today, 01:54 PM
Is there not one thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Yeah, because introducing what's transparently a long-lost-relative-who-turns-out-to-be-a-bad-guy character* makes the book about that character. My god, it's hard to imagine the stupidity that is required to get to that line of thinking. By that logic, WW should only ever fight female villains.
That's an idea that could be really cool, imo. Like my little pony, but with a magic lasso.
Old Today, 02:03 PM
This Guy

I really don't see what the problem is here. They aren't replacing Diana, its a story arc with an already announced end. Having read fiction before, I am going to guess that things aren't quite what they seem. I see not being on board with James Robinson writing, since his output is either amazing (Starman) or miserable (Cry for Justice) and rarely fall between the two extremes. I still wish they'd let Marguerite Bennett have a go at the title, but she did get Batwoman since she was rumored to be writing Wonder Woman and might have been too busy.

edit - Sven got in there before me and more forcefully

Tags
chortle at joker's boner , clark kent is sup-*bang* , comics , detective comics , detective comics comics , just read mark waid books , superman is worst hero , tales from the krypton