The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 05-19-2017, 08:51 AM
Sudden chomper

I had my first really good night of HotS on Wednesday. I played three matches with two friends and stuck with Artanis for all of them. I really like his skill set and I'm starting to make good use of his Phase Prism - at least some of the time. We won all three matches and I took MVP for two of them.

Obviously I still have a lot to learn about Artanis and even then that's only ONE hero, but it feels good to find someone you click with and get some shit done. I earned my 10 Overwatch loot boxes (all filled with garbage, natch), but I have a feeling I'll still come back to HotS from time to time. It's actually kinda fun!
Old 05-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Objection!

Yeah, I'm still not very good at it, and I still suffer from feeling like I'm doing way worse then I probably actually am, but I find the game fun regardless.

It helps that there's so many characters that I have actual attachments with, unlike other major MOBAs.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:44 AM
TARANTUL

Artanis is easily my favorite tank. Prisim is pretty slow so it requires some luck or good anticipation.

Is it just me or have they gone really, really overboard on quest talents since I last stopped playing ~8 months ago? Seems like a lot of the time you're picking between three quests, and honestly aside from a few of the ones that really fit how I liked to play or synergized with builds I liked I usually avoided them before.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:08 PM
does the Underpants Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destil View Post
Is it just me or have they gone really, really overboard on quest talents since I last stopped playing ~8 months ago? Seems like a lot of the time you're picking between three quests, and honestly aside from a few of the ones that really fit how I liked to play or synergized with builds I liked I usually avoided them before.
Yeah almost all the talent reworks they do now involve adding some quests to characters that don't have any. It works pretty well for the way the game is balanced because it lets level 1-4-7 talents have some kind of impact later in the match, but I do wish they would trim it down though; it's kind of a lot.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:04 PM

PSA: you can re-roll character-specific loot chests and still maintain the guaranteed character item. I didn't trust the warning window that says the contents are "randomized" when it came to those types of chests, and it doesn't. So this should also be true for rarity-specific loot chests.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:45 PM

Default yay for triple posts

For some reason I got it into my head that I wanna learn Rexxar. It's usually very painful to play Quick Match with him, but when he does work it's pretty exhilarating. So far I like him a lot on King of the Hill maps because you can do all kinds of shenanigans since the bear counts as a body. He's so terribly fragile for a Warrior though and if their team has anyone like Genji, Butcher, or a cloaker and they go after me I'm pretty hosed.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:17 PM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

Don't expect too much out of the Welcome Chest if you get one; I'm pretty sure it can't go above a Rare item. I spent 1500 gold rerolling and it never did which is fucking awesome by the way I practically could have bought a hero I don't have with that much gold instead I got four #@&! duplicate heroes. Oh well, I still have the two good loot chests I got out of the pack, and plenty of gems.

So, two questions.

One: Haunted Mines: do minions not spawn while the underground fight is going on?

Two: Kael'thas: What happens if he uses Living Bomb on a target that is already affected by Living Bomb? Does it reset the DoT, extend the DoT, or is it wasted entirely?
Old 05-25-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
One: Haunted Mines: do minions not spawn while the underground fight is going on?

Two: Kael'thas: What happens if he uses Living Bomb on a target that is already affected by Living Bomb? Does it reset the DoT, extend the DoT, or is it wasted entirely?
1. No, they still spawn. You can ignore the mines altogether and push lanes instead. It's usually only worth pushing one lane when you do this, and really only in the beginning of the match. But it can get out of hand if your opponent does it and you don't counter.

2. Uh, I'm not entirely sure KT can cast living bomb on someone that already has living bomb active. I've played him a bit and that feels like something my muscle memory has learned.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:59 AM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

1. Well then that's weird because I was trying to push a lane while the mine fight was going on* but no minions were arriving to back me up after I reached the enemy core, I saw no blue dots whatsoever on the minimap, and no opposing minions spawned either until the mine fight was over. I assumed that was intended to make it harder for someone to sneak a win like I was trying to do.

2. Sounds like it's time for some science!

*If I'm playing Sylvanas, I split push. It's what she does.**

**Ahaha, like I don't split push anyway. I split push constantly no matter who I'm playing as, it's pretty much my favorite playstyle. That's why I usually play Sylvanas.

Tags
blizzard , blizzard money printer , five dollar horse armor , heroes of the storm , moba , the wizard