The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 08-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Thwomp Boyardee

Quote:
In a video directed to HBO’s chief executive, Richard Plepler, “Mr. Smith” used white text on a black background to threaten further disclosures if HBO did not pay the ransom. To stop the leaks, the hackers demanded “our 6 month salary in bitcoin,” which they implied is at least $6 million.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 PM
EMOJO JOJO

Quote:
"Dear Will, the longer I think about what I'm doing, the sicker I feel. Will, I'm sorry, but I don't think we should continue to have a relationship together. At least not as a couple. I love you, but things have not been the same since we found out that we were related."
Old 08-09-2017, 01:49 AM
this is fake news

Default It was a toss up between whether to post this here or stop the planet I wanna get off

Quote:
About an year ago, I was traveling to Delhi in a train. I was lying on upper berth, wearing a nice maroon shirt and faded jean. Weather was nice and I fell asleep.
When I woke up, maybe after an hour, I saw a girl on the lower berth. She was a fair colored girl with dark brown hair. She was wearing a black suit. She was beautiful but I am not that kind of guy who hits on random girls and moreover she was with her family.
Rule #1 Never approach an Indian girl when she is with her family members.
So I started browsing memes on facebook and she was talking with her friend. I don’t know what they were talking about but she was laughing and at that point I fell in love with her innocence. She was on phone for about 5 minutes and then she suddenly stopped talking and asked her brother to top up her phone because her balance was over and she wanted to talk to her friend. Here’s convo:
She: Bro, can you please recharge my phone? I want to talk to my friend.
Bro: Ok. *He opened up PayTM app maybe*
She: *looking into his phone* Bro! Not this number, the DoCoMo one.
Bro: DoCoMo one? I don’t know that number, I know your Idea number only *DoCoMo and Idea are telecom companies*
She: Ok write down my number. 981241…
No bro! its 41 not 39!
Bro: Ahhh! Can you please write it down yourself

Damn! I was about get her phone number. I had just 6 digits and they were meaningless.
20-30 minutes passed and she started to get bored. I got a phone a call and due to network problem I was talking a bit loud and hence she ‘noticed’ me. She was like there’s a guy up there whom I didn’t see.
She looked at me several times during the journey but I am not fool who would take it as a hint so I thought its normal (because I don’t look good at all).
I don’t know how time passed so fast, we reached Gurgaon already and the whole family stood . I wasn’t expecting that, she looked back at me and smiled. That moment made my day and I was smiling like crazy.
But soon I realized that how I am gonna contact her? Oh fuck man! I knew that she is the one but there was no way to contact her. I quickly opened up notes app and wrote down every info that I had about her. Annnnnnd here’s what I had:
1. She was travelling to Gurgaon. I don’t know from where she boarded the train because I was fucking asleep. I don’t know if she was traveling to her home town or she was visiting her relatives or something in Gurgaon.
2. Her name is Neha. Thanks to her mom
3. First 6 digits of her number, 981241
Lol! I had absolutely no idea about why I am writing this meaning but I saved it in my phone and plugged in my headphones.

When I came back from Delhi, she was still running through my mind and then I took the biggest decision of my life.
I decided to find her.
I could have done a lot of things if I had her phone number but I only had six digits. I could have tried searching her name on social networks but I know only her first name i.e. Neha.
After thinking about all the possible ways I got an idea.
We all know that there are many apps and websites that can find name, region carrier etc. of a SIM owner. I was thinking if I can bruteforce all the possible combinations of remaining 4 digits I can find her details.
I started to look for website that would be an easy target and I found one in no time.
I decided to write a python script for it and its objective was simple, try all the possible combinations of 4 digits and print the phone number whose result has “Neha” in it.
Here’s small snippet from the script. You can check the full script here.
I started the script and decided to take a nap because it was 1 AM already.
I woke up 10 AM and first thing I was did was to check if my python script found anything.
Guess what? It found 8 numbers whose owner was ‘Neha’.
Ah I should have prepared for that but I didn’t. I went to my girl friend’s house (girlfriend and girl friend have different meanings) and I told her about the matter and what I did so far.
She went through three reactions after listening to me.
1. What the actual fuck?
2. *Laughed really loud*
3. Really nigga?
She was laughing but she asked me ‘What can I do for you?’. I told her to call all of these numbers and talk to the owner for at least 15-20 seconds so I can try recognize the voice and accent.
She called the first number, then the second and as soon as the she spoke with the owner of third number I wanted to scream but covered my mouth and looked at my friend. She smiled at me and gave me a hug.
Awesome!!! I have her number now!
I saved her number with the name ‘Crush’ and refreshed my whatsapp but her name didn’t appeared there.
No problem! I searched her number on facebook but still no luck.
But hey! Do you know there’s setting in facebook by which you can prevent people from finding your account with email address and phone? Well I know a simple method to bypass that
Just log out of your account and on the login page enter the number/email and try random password 2-3 times then click on ‘Forget Password’ and enter the email/phone number and you will get the account right away!

So I found her full name, Neha Dhankhar <3
I checked her profile without any wasting any time and and I found a loads of information.
1. Her one picture (Profile picture is always public) *I got a good wallpaper*
2. She studies at Cambridge School. *I can do a lot with the school website *
3. She works at Studying *lol*
4. Her hometown is ‘Hissar, Haryana’ and now she lives in ‘Rewari, Harya’
6. She likes Justin Bieber, Shah Rukh Khan and Dogs *Now I like them too *
5. She is a female, she is alive, she is single and she looked back and smiled at me.
It continues onward from there, the full thing can be found here. So who wants to bite the bullet and contact this poor woman and let her know her boyfriend is psychotic?
Old 08-09-2017, 12:26 PM
gatchapon 3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy View Post
God, let's hope so.

Anyway:

Healy, what is the source for this amazing post? i need to share it.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:31 AM
King Of Space-Time

Old 08-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Find Your Reason

The only problem with that is that I doubt The Smurfs 2 is a good enough movie to play a Trinity Syndrome role.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Find Your Reason

Old 08-11-2017, 07:40 PM
EMOJO JOJO

"50,000+ twitter followers"

Clearly a job requirement written by a company desperately in need of a Twitter Anchor

Last edited by muteKi; 08-11-2017 at 07:41 PM. Reason: pay me $5,000 a month and I'll make sure I get 100,000 twitter followers
Old 08-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Chief Servbot

So basically anyone qualified for the job is already too good for it
Old 08-12-2017, 02:21 PM
EMOJO JOJO

You'd be surprised how cheap a few thousand twitter followers actually is
Old 08-12-2017, 04:14 PM
Nothing is more powerful

Nowhere does it say they have to be actual live human followers.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:09 AM
Safe Space

Quote:
In regards to the White Supremacist rally in Charlottesville last night, this is the best thread on the matter written on Twitter by @Julius Goat. I am copying it here on FB because it is incredible. And if you do ONE thing today, it should be to read this:

"Imagine if these people ever faced actual oppression. Nobody is trying to legislate away their right to marry. Nobody is trying to make them buy insurance to pay for 'male health care.'

The law never
Enslaved their great-grandparents
Robbed their grandparents
Imprisoned their parents
Shot them when unarmed

There is no massive effort at the state and local level to disenfranchise them of the vote. There is no history of centuries of bad science devoted to 'proving' their intellectual inferiority.There is no travel ban on them because of their religion. There is no danger for them when they carry dangerous weaponry publicly.

Their churches were never burned.
Their lawns never decorated with burning crosses
Their ancestors never hung from trees.

Their mothers aren't being torn away by ICE troopers and sent away forever. They won't be forced to leave the only country they ever knew. The president has not set up a hotline to report crime committed at their hands.

They are chanting 'we will not be replaced.'

Replaced as ... what?

I'll tell you.

Replaced as the only voice in public discussions.
Replaced as the only bodies in the public arena.
Replaced as the only life that matters.

THIS is 'white people' oppression:

We used to be the only voice. Now we hold the only microphone.

THIS is 'white man' oppression.

We face criticism now. We were free from it, because others feared the consequences.

THIS is 'oppression' of white Christians in this country.

Christmas used to be the only holiday acknowledged, now it's not.

I would so love to see these people get all the oppression they insist they receive, just for a year. Just to see.

Give them a world where you ACTUALLY can't say Christmas.

A world where the name "Geoff" on a resume puts it in the trash.

Give them a world where they suddenly get a 20% pay cut, and then 70 women every day tell them to smile more.

Give them a world where their polo shirt makes people nervous, so they're kicked off the flight from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis.

Give them a world where they inherited nothing but a very real understanding of what oppression really fucking is.

Give them a world where if they pulled up on a campus with torches lit and started throwing hands, the cops would punch their eyes out.

Put THAT in your Tiki torches and light it, you sorry Nazi bitches.

Good morning, by the way, how is everybody."
Old 08-13-2017, 08:12 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BuY F0LLOWERS NOW!
Old 08-13-2017, 06:07 PM
D=

Default Of Ants and Men

Quote:
I once had a very long and frustrating argument with my boyfriend about whether Adam Ant, the 80s musician, once dressed like a cowboy. My boyfriend was very confident that he usually dressed in a sweater with an A on it. I was very confident that this never happened, and while he didn't usually dress like a cowboy, he absolutely didn't dress in a sweater with an A on it.

...turned out that I had never specified "the 80s musician" when talking about Adam Ant, and my boyfriend thought we were talking about Atom Ant, the 1960s cartoon character. Somehow we went through like an hour long fight without mentioning that the person we were talking about was an eccentric 80s musician or a 60s cartoon ant, respectively.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:17 PM
EMOJO JOJO

most of the photos I can find of adam ant are of an alucard cosplayer [this is unfair I realize, as alucard post-dates adam ant by quite a bit] who just got nose surgery
Old 08-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Remembers Love

Adam Ant is one of the few 80s musicians whose music I truly despise - Apollo 9 is what it sounds like to have a stroke - but he absolutely lapped everyone trying to do the New Romantic thing.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:17 PM
EMOJO JOJO

Old 08-14-2017, 01:39 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh hey someone made a torture chamber for me, specifically.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Ancient Nameless Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach View Post
I watched this out of morbid curiosity, and you are not wrong. I kept waiting for it to be something other than pure, relentless awful, and the awful stopped only when the video did.
Old 08-14-2017, 02:13 PM
EMOJO JOJO

It sounds like one of those songs that they'd play as a joke on a sitcom or something

EDIT: I mean, I kinda like it, but, yabba dabba ding ding, man.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:53 PM
BAG

Quote:
During my DJ days, my dear aunt used to listen to me on the radio a lot. She had been in broadcasting herself and was proud that I'd chosen to follow suit.

Anyway, she was tuned in one night to my all-night country show when I played Slim Whitman's version of "Indian Love Call" -- originally made famous, of course, by Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy. My aunt knew their original version, but knew nothing of Slim Whitman and country music in general.

The next day she called me up and said "I LOVED that parody version of 'Indian Love Call' you played last night! I laughed myself silly!"

She was flabbergasted when I told her it wasn't a parody at all...that Slim Whitman really does sing that way and that he was playing it straight.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:45 PM
Thwomp Boyardee

Adam Ant wrote some wonderfully catchy songs and the greatest mope-rock ballad ever. But yes, he was also responsible for this:

Old 08-16-2017, 12:51 PM
EMOJO JOJO

I was about to comment on the uncanny similarity to the Super Bowl Shuffle and then suddenly in the video he's wearing a football uniform. Truly a visionary artist indeed (the super bowl shuffle wouldn't be a thing for 3-4 more years).
Old 08-18-2017, 04:13 PM
LET'S ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY

Default "Why I Will NOT Be Leaving President Trump’s Evangelical Advisory Board"

Quote:
Now that the whole world has said it, let me be the first to say that what happened in Charlottesville was just awful. Within a matter of days I was talking about it in vague and loving terms on Twitter and graciously said that I would be “praying for healing,” AKA the Christian stiff-arm. Stiff-arm because that’s just how hard I pray. Furthermore, I led our entire church body in over two minutes of silence for Charlottesville from the pulpit before it was time to pump people up for next week’s Carbs & Carman Spaghetti Feed and Christian Karaoke Singtravaganza.

After rejecting most reporting and first-hand accounts, here is what I know: A group of mostly decent history buffs with large Hawaiian candles and a permit went on a quite pleasant walk, practicing free speech with red faces and spittle coming out of their mouths and knives strapped to their ankles. Then some left-leaning history-haters were downright mean about it. I think we can all agree that Nazis with AK-47s AND schoolteachers singing “Lean on Me” are equally violent and dangerous.

I want to make it crystal clear that besides our President I am the least racist person you will ever meet. I love people of all races. Usually from a distance, and while wearing a football jersey, but still. In fact, our church staff is 100 percent multicultural, now that my very dear brother Darnelle (sp?) has joined the team, and if you count janitorial staff as church staff, that is. I sure do! How not racist is that! Darnnel (sp?) isn’t offended by us white folks at all. He laughs and nods at all of our jokes. What a servant’s heart he has. You know, slavery in our nation’s history was cruel and bad. But it also helped teach people how to have a servant’s heart, so maybe that’s where he got it from. Amen!

As a minister who cobbled together a certificate from classes at more than four online seminaries, I have the big heart of pastor, and pastors don’t walk away in times of trouble. As such, I have no intention of pulling out as an evangelical advisor to the White House. It's not my job to take advice from the peanut gallery but to give it to the peanut gallery, by which I mean the president and his team. What an honor! God is really terrific.

Everyone has been asking what I think about the removal of these statues. For one thing, Confederate statues are like history books, and you should never hurt books. Unless they are the Koran or Harry Potter. Furthermore, the Bible has nothing to say about tearing down false idols. Well, okay, it totally does, but it was not talking about idols erected to instill fear in a population of marginalized sub-citizens. It was referencing idols that you erect and treat as false gods—you know, like the Catholics with their blasphemous Mary statues.

The Confederate South shouldn’t be entirely written off. It stands as one of Southern Baptists’ favorite metaphors for the Promised Land. If you’ve ever been to a Christian funeral in the south, you know that our eulogies often reference Confederate generals that the deceased and Jesus are sharing a table with in Heaven. Amen! Lord, lead us to Zion, that promised land of milk and honey, where somebody else milks the cows and does all the dangerous bee stuff.

But unfortunately, there is an effort to take this President down, and the media and liberals have painted a false narrative that the President is not the least racist person ever. Any time he tries to break out of that box or at least grab it without asking, liberals whine and cry like my dog Shasta when we blow fireworks off in the backyard. Donald Trump has denounced racism in all its forms, and as we know words are always the clearest indicator of heart. There is not a racist bone in Donald Trump’s body. Shame on politicians who are trying to push blame on President Trump for what happened in Charlottesville. That’s absurd. He wasn’t even there! He was busy smoking cigars and making jokes about immigrants with white nationalists on his staff.

President Trump was elected because he waits for all the facts before passing judgment, never lies, and refuses to be politically correct to the point of not even learning the basics of government. That is so awesome.

As to the state of evangelical Christianity in this nation, let me assure you it is better than ever! As one member of the board, let me further assure you that for every member of the board, our loyalties lie with Jesus who gives all good gifts, including this delicious, delicious power and direct access to the top office in our nation, and the renewed hope that we will soon bring more indoctrinated babies into the world so that we can send them to gay conversion therapy 17 years later.

Dr. Reverend Jeff Breakfast
Robert E. Lee Baptist Church
Stillborn, Oklahoma

Last edited by Dracula; 08-18-2017 at 04:14 PM. Reason: It's a shame that more people don't know about Jeff Breakfast
Old Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Default Imagine the loser who would pay money for this and then wear it in public

Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM
EMOJO JOJO

I know people I want to at least show that to
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Bertolli?!?...

That's so bad that I'm pretty sure a person could pull off wearing it ironically.
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM
Find Your Reason

That shirt is the Dark Souls of ironic self-deprecation.

Tags
#sexpillows , bad wolf , black hole of humanity , cringe gallery , granos , humor , i am the fork , mine , ominous orchestral swell , perhaps missing the point , post 717782 , priming the pump , prissy little killjoys , professor anime , psychological issues , real life harry potter , sailor moon politics , the best of tt , the worst , this is the best post , tumblr is easy mode , twilight sparkle , twitter is easy mode , very important bothans , weep for humanity