The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > The Pit of Civility

Old 08-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Fifth Business

Default Official Boswell Sisters Thread (PLEASE LIMIT ALL BOSWELL SISTERS DISCUSSION TO HERE)

I love the Boswell Sisters as much as everybody else, but I feel like in spite of that, their impact on this forum as a whole is becoming a net negative. It seems like half the general threads end up derailing into Boswell Sisters conversation, drowning out whatever the initial, intended topic was meant to be. Furthermore, the conversations often devolve into fruitless bickering instead of any productive discussion, just endless arguments over which of them is the most talented or what their best song is.

So, going forward, I'd appreciate it if this one thread could just serve as a single, unified place for all Boswell Sisters talk on the forums. I'm hoping maybe having an official thread for this will lead to more focused and healthy conversation, but failing that, maybe this will at least quarantine the Boswell fever that seems to be spreading wildly over altogether too many other threads.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:09 PM
King Of Space-Time

Huh. I love the harmony and vocalizations. Comes off like a distaff response to Barbershop. That kind of music was ubiquitous in a lot of the movies I would watch on Sunday, as a kid. Seem to be in the same vein as the Andrews Sisters, and it definitely influenced Triplets of Belleville.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Connee forever!

Tags
all's well that's boswell , boswell so swell