The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Old 10-24-2016, 09:07 PM
oh my car

I don't know what to make of this update, aside from that some of that text was really hard to read.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:26 AM
PerpetuallyFrowningBitch

I am very, very happy with this, and will write more about it when I have time.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:21 AM
>TRANCE

This is pretty great.
Old 10-25-2016, 11:32 AM
the :motion: stands

yaaaaaaaaay
Old 10-25-2016, 11:45 AM
PerpetuallyFrowningBitch

Good: Rose gets gay married.
And not just gay married but gay jewish married which just like, yes thank you, that is the wedding I want for her, let me have this.

Actual good though: timeline got sorted out a bit, and now: Earth gets moved into, can town gets started, kids ectobiologize hundreds (thousands?) of babies and leave them irresponsibly with chess people and a very limited gene pool and then zap 5000 years into the future, where their societies have somehow not crumbled into anarchy but lived and revere them as god-monarchs.

More timeline-straightening: Four timeline-years later, on his birthday, John returns to his room, checks his snapchat, watches some memories, gets a message from Caliborn, crushes his phone, gathers other 20-year-old human children and a Sprite^2, and zaps with them off to Caliborn. The beta kids get trapped in the juju, the alpha kids create Lord English, and our last (possibly second-to-last) mobius double reacharound is complete, and there is some closure.

The Unfortunate: Unfortunately this means that Rose and Kanaya are married for three years before Rose leaves for good, and she and all three other beta kids are trapped for basically ever (or at least until the epilogue shines some potential light on what happens to the kids/vriska/aradia/sollux at the cataclysm).
Old 10-25-2016, 11:57 AM
>TRANCE

I wonder... are we going to see Terezi meet up with Vriska and these current versions of the heroes, "after" they attack Caliborn, get trapped, and get released to kill him?
Old 10-25-2016, 03:52 PM
PerpetuallyFrowningBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcoon View Post
I wonder... are we going to see Terezi meet up with Vriska and these current versions of the heroes, "after" they attack Caliborn, get trapped, and get released to kill him?
That is my hope!

They are presumably all going to be in the same place at the same time-ish. I mean, the beta kids probably don't have time and time doesn't matter to Vriska or Aradia and because it doesn't matter to Aradia it doesn't matter to anyone.

If they're all frozen there they can have another green sun reunion, right where the green sun used to be.

He's got six months to finish it, though, so no rush. Play some hiveswap in the meantime.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:41 PM
oh my car

I'm partial to the speculation, possibly wishful thinking, that Homestuck isn't over, the ending we just saw was the Normal Ending, and now we're trying to figure out the Perfect Ending. It would be a game-like thing to do.

But I'll settle for one side of an ominous phone call to a president.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:38 PM
PerpetuallyFrowningBitch

If you have Snapchat, and you have added mspaofficial, you will occasionally be notified that short side-story snippets, in Snapchat format, are available to you through that app.

Like all snapchats they are effusive and temporary, they will disappear into the aether after a period of time.

Like all things on the internet, they will be permanently archived SOMEWHERE as a record of your shame. I don't yet know where, though.

They aren't written by Hussie, they're... Cohen Edelman? Is that right? One of the writers on Hiveswap. And there's not much yet.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:44 PM
meowgician (chateleur)

There's a couple of archival tumblrbs but I'm not confident any of them are complete. Try this one? I wouldn't venture away from the linked tag because they answer asks and get into Discourse n' shit.

I binged HS last week after abandoning it several years ago right before the Trickster thing (because keeping up with ongoing things is hard), then binged on Paradox Space today.

These were good choices.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:30 AM
concern troll

The game has a release date! Sept. 14.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:43 PM
>TRANCE

Hiveswap is out! And thus far I've been hearing lots of good things, but haven't had a chance to fire it up yet.

But also, WhatPumpkin has partnered with Viz to publish the homestuck books, and also the epilogue project? Which they've explicitly noted that they've not revealed the format of??

So of course the implication is: we're getting a Homestuck epilogue anime.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:01 PM
concern troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
Hiveswap is out! And thus far I've been hearing lots of good things, but haven't had a chance to fire it up yet.
I started the download before going to work. I'm not sure when I'll get to it but it will for sure be my next big game to put time into.

Quote:
But also, WhatPumpkin has partnered with Viz to publish the homestuck books, and also the epilogue project? Which they've explicitly noted that they've not revealed the format of??

So of course the implication is: we're getting a Homestuck epilogue anime
Old 09-21-2017, 08:28 AM
concern troll

I finished Hiveswap! It was pretty good! A little rough around the edges and on the short side. I wonder if like Homestuck the Acts will balloon over time.

I'm not exactly a chivo Hunter, but I'm really curious how I could have only gotten half in a pretty linear, narrative game, hahaha

Tags
andrew hussie , deudly firearms , doujinshi man gaka , fish puns , homestuck , horses , let me tell you , mspa , phernalia registry , problem sloth , problem sluth , webcomics , where doing it man , where making this hapen