The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 03-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Outraged!

Hiked all the way to the top of a mountain only to run into a corrupted dragon and a statue telling me to uncorrupt it. No hints at all as to how other than some obvious weak points, several of which I have no idea how to hit because he takes off after I hit him a couple times and I'm pretty low on spicy food anyway so I leave to try somewhere else.

Love it. I like to imagine Fi and Navi are somewhere watching me on a tv screen just absolutely raging at what they are seeing. "Just do the thing! It's so obvious!"
Old 03-06-2017, 07:39 AM
I. Love. It.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
There should be a little ring of light when you're in the right spot, that triggers the flashback. If you're trying for the one under the arches northeast of Kakairiko, remember it's the EAST bank of the lake you have to be under.
Ok I figured it out, I was going to a location right after getting the pictures from the lab, but you have to go talk to Impa first before the circles will appear.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:54 AM

Completed the Three Trials in the Lost Woods today. The constellation puzzle was great, I felt so smart when I figured out what they wanted me to do. Also did the dark island and found the shrine there. Ran into a White Mane Lynel, and by which I mean I gave him a wide pass. Then I moved on to the snowy mountains in the north, where the Winter Jacket isn't quite good enough to protect me from the cold. Find a Fire Rod if you can, it'll keep you warm on your back. There's moose and rhinoceros up there bee tee dubs.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:40 PM
oh my car

I bought a house. I can store weapons in it to save for later. Looks like upgrading it will be a substantial money sink.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:43 PM
punch a fish, make a wish

my girlfriend was playing and found a GIANT HORSE and it just might have been the most exciting moment of her life
Old 03-06-2017, 02:45 PM
oh my car

There's a sidequest associated with it. Don't forget!
Old 03-06-2017, 02:48 PM
oh my car

There's something very nice on top of Woodland Tower.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:40 PM
Serial Thread Killer

In Zora's Domain after you've gotten the camera, there's an NPC in Zora's Domain who'll ask you to snap a shot of a Lynel for her. It'll prompt you if you understand her or not.

Keep asking her to clarify. The result is entertaining.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:02 PM
oh my car

It's fucked up that you can find oars, but you can't use them to row a raft. Unless I'm missing something here.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:15 PM
oh my car

Eventide Island is an incredible sidequest. I love that there's no "wrong" way to do any part of it, even though it probably is pretty wrong that I beat the Hinox by smacking him around with a big box using Magnesis instead of doing sensible things like dropping boulders and exploding barrels on him from the nearby hills and finish him off under the effects of food made from Mighty Bananas and Razorclaw Crabs.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Half-Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
Eventide Island is an incredible sidequest. I love that there's no "wrong" way to do any part of it, even though it probably is pretty wrong that I beat the Hinox by smacking him around with a big box using Magnesis instead of doing sensible things like dropping boulders and exploding barrels on him from the nearby hills and finish him off under the effects of food made from Mighty Bananas and Razorclaw Crabs.
Mine was stupider. I Chucked bombs at him from the Mobli hideout I cleared since he couldn't hit me from there.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Mystery Contraption

Finished saving the Zoras from the threat of rain. Which is an uncommon danger, I admit. Waterblight was an uncommonly Dark Souls-y boss for this franchise.

I also like that all the game is Ganons all the way down!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:41 PM

Maybe I was more prepared, but waterblight was kind of easy? Arrow the boss, use ice power to shatter the things, continue to arrow boss in the eye and slash away.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:57 PM

Obviously this is the spoilers thread, but I still think things should be hidden behind spoiler tags. Not everyone is at the same point!
Old 03-06-2017, 06:08 PM
This Guy

Them robits can shoot you from a long ways away. Like all the way at the top of a tower long way away.

I feel like I haven't accomplished much in the last couple of days, but I have three memories and cleared about ten more shrines. There is just so much here and I don't know whether to scour each area of things to do or explore everywhere first and then come back and be more thorough.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:12 PM
oh my car

There's a very fun shrine quest on Mount Taran in East Necluda, but you'll need to be confident in your fighting skills. I recommend you approach from Hateno Tower.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:47 PM
All are Mr. Saturn

I don't think I've mentioned the fact that I love how they explained enemy respawns - Blood Moon - and avoided simply "because videogames". It's still because videogames, mind you, but it's neat that they tried to explain it away with a lore-based explanation.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:49 PM
oh my car

Anybody know where the Rubber Armor is found? I got the matching hat and pants, but the main piece is proving elusive.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:22 PM
oh my car

I shot a second scale off one of the dragons. Already accessed the shrine, and the description says it can be used in food. I'm really curious what effect it has....
Old 03-06-2017, 09:43 PM
This Guy

Maybe running around in a thunder storm with a weapon literally called a lightning rod was not the best plan.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:57 PM
oh my car

If there's lightning going on, equipment that conducts electricity will have a very conspicuous effect added to its icon. Amusingly, the metal armor appears not to conduct electricity.

Check this out: If you're in an area with extreme temperatures, you could use food or elixirs or a nice jacket to improve your resistance to temperature, like a baby. Or, you could equip an elemental weapon like a Flameblade or Ice Spear and alter the temperature near you. Just be careful not to use it up!
Old 03-07-2017, 01:22 AM
Baby, I WANT Klonoa.

After getting lost in this game and ignoring all other responsibilities for 2 full days, I finally found something that pissed me off: Trying to do the second blue flame Lab mission and having it rain suddenly in the middle of the quest. And then the rain lasted forever. The game was like "Oh I'm sorry, were you in the middle of something? Too bad!" and stopped me from having fun for nearly an hour.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:40 AM
I. Love. It.

So I was exploring the fields northeast of Kakariko and I came upon a birdguy playing an accordion, next to him was very obviously part of a shrine. He told me a story and it became obvious I needed to mount a nearby stag to get the shrine to appear, but for the life of me I just could not sneak up on one. I guess I need some kind of stealth boost? Is there any way to get a kind of stealth buff that's a bit cheaper than the stealth clothes in the Kakariko shop?

Also, wow, I desperately need to find more shrines. I'm still sitting at four hearts and only one extra bit on my stamina bar. I've done every shrine I've seen, but I haven't explored off the beaten path much yet, I'll need to fix that. Maybe do some mountain climbing.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:59 AM
Space Prez

You can make a stealth elixir using a flower called blue nightshade. There's a bunch growing on a tall hill just north of the shrine on top of Kakariko.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 AM
oh my car

The clothing for sale in Kakariko grants a stealth bonus too.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:30 AM
I. Love. It.

I mentioned the Kakariko clothing shop in my post, I'm looking for ways to do it that don't involve spending all of the rupies.

How do you create elixirs? Is it the same process as cooking, or do I need to find a more specialized setup than a cooking pot?
Old 03-07-2017, 07:31 AM
oh my car

Put a bug or frog in the pot with some monster parts.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Bill View Post
Anybody know where the Rubber Armor is found? I got the matching hat and pants, but the main piece is proving elusive.

Head to Thunder Plateau, it's in the general westward direction. Just look for the thunderstorm that never ends. After a puzzle, the shrine will pop up and the armor is in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Tell me about your mother

I've found it's nearly impossible to actually sneak up on the deer unaware even with stealth-boosting elixirs/food, but you can get close enough to them to quickly sprint the rest of the distance and mount them. I had to open up the menu and eat some stamina-replenishing food while I was trying to tame them so I wouldn't fall off, though, since my priority is always heart upgrades > stamina upgrades.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Three more towers left! I found the second Great Fairy Fountain, close to a memory spot, then I went north to the Ruto Village. Found a metal platform surrounded by five standing stones with holes in them, each numbered. Not sure what the trick is here. A little south and east of that, I found a Hinox sleeping, I climbed up on him and grabbed a Royal Bow for my troubles. This woke him, so I had myself a boss battle. Giant health bar and name on the top and everything. Jerk was pulling up trees and trying to crush me. Got a bunch of nice drops from him, including a Royal Broadsword.

An NPC I met said that it's also possible to ride a Lynel, who's going to be the first Tyrant to be that stupid brave enough to try.

Last edited by Jeanie; 03-07-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Tags
900 korok seeds , breath of the horses , breath of the wild , gerudo - sandstorm , green elf needs food , how i mine for wood , nature photography , nintendo , rock climbing , shipping bait , spoilers , spoilers in the wild , vandal pyro elf , ya-ha-ha , you found me , zelda