The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Old 01-28-2017, 07:00 AM
hourglass figure

Default Forgive me for this webcomic I'm about to inflict: Kill Six Billion Demons thread

This has been mentioned a few times in the webcomic thread, but I think it's about time it gets its own (gasp!) thread.

Kill Six Billion Demons, by Abbadon (this links to the first page to avoid possible spoilers) follows the adventures of regular coffee shop employee Allison Wanda Ruth, who finds herself transported to Throne, the red city at the center of all universes, after having an artifact of immense power embedded into her skull by some asshole. Throne, once home to the Gods themselves, is now a den of corruption built over their decaying corpses (or as Allison puts it "God is dead and heaven is run by the super mafia"). It is populated by devils, angels, and all sort of bizarre creatures, all of them extremely prone to violence and very interested in the thingamagig in Allison's forehead, which could spark universal war if it fell on the wrong hands (i.e, pretty much anyone's hands).

The comic is beautifully drawn and written and...

...You know what? I suck at explaining why I like the things I like, so instead I'll just let this picture speak for itself:

That's right, there's a character that is a burning skeleton riding a bike made of other skeletons. If you don't want to check out the comic yet, I'm not sure there's anything else I could possibly say to convince you.

Last edited by Erilex; 01-28-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:27 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SKELETONS YOU SAY?!
Old 01-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Not a Beer

Thank you for making this and reminding me that I haven't caught up on the comic for several months now. It's fucking amazing.

It does sometimes seem like the kind of thing where it's easier to keep track of what's going on if you consume it in batches. But on the other side of the coin, every page is gorgeous and deserves to be lingered over.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:07 AM
I. Love. It.

I sometimes have a hard time following some of the pages (especially when the larger ones are shrunk to the point where the text is kinda hard to read) but goddamn this comic looks badass as heck. I'm digging it.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:14 AM
Are You Sure About That?

For the big ones, you can right-click and hit open link in new tab on the comic image.

Tags
a bone to pick