The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Old 10-02-2016, 06:29 PM
..and his little cat, too

Default Mega Visions

"Oh hey, there's a new magazine dedicated to SEGA that's starting up? That sounds like it would be fun... I wonder if it pays, and if I could write for it..."

A few months later, and I've already submitted my first two articles. Welcome to Mega Visions.

In case anyone is wondering, no, I haven't left Nintendo Force. In fact, my editor there helped me land the gig here!

So what is it? Like I said above, it's a magazine dedicated to SEGA -- past, present, and future -- that got funded through Kickstarter, and I'm pretty excited about it! Unlike NF, this one is digital-only, and as much as I love continuing to contribute to a print publication after Nintendo Power closed its doors, there is a certain sense of freedom this format provides -- and I don't just mean less-constrictive word counts, as this magazine is being designed as a more "interactive" experience.

As we're working on the first issue, I don't know how much I can say, honestly -- I'm not even sure I can share what I've written yet (I can ask, if anyone really wants to know).

But what I can tell you is that while it is unofficial, we've got some folks writing who are as officially good as you can get when doing something like this -- former SEGA president Tom Kalinske and former SEGA marketing director Al Nilsen, two of the men responsible for helping elevate SEGA to become a rival worthy of challenging Nintendo's dominance of the North American video game market.

Blake Harris, the man who chronicled their journey in the book Console Wars, is also on board (and was the other guy to help put in a good word for me).

If you're interested in purchasing an issue, or even checking out the free "Issue Zero," then visit the official website.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:49 AM

So, if anyone is interested, the first issue comes out on the 15th, and there's a preview available now.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:13 AM

Want a chance to win the first issue? Here's how!
Old 02-09-2017, 10:11 AM

So... not sure that anyone is really interested here, but just in case, Issue 2 is now available.

Quote:
Set nearly 20 years before the first game, Yakuza 0 takes us to how Kazuma and Goro fight their way to become the respected yakuza members we know them as today. But does the latest entry in the series live up to expectations? Find out in our official review in this issue!

This issue also features a Yakuza 1 retrospective, Yakuza 6 preview, and we introduce you to a man who got a real, life-size back tattoo thatís identical to Kazumaís!

Elsewhere, we have a 2016 Year in Review that looks at each of SEGAís retail releases, as well as what the Mega Visions staff is most looking forward to in 2017. Reviews on LEGO Dimensions: Sonic, Football Manager 2017 and Playing at the Next Level. Retro reviews on Shining Force 2, Gunvalkyrie, Master Blaster 2, Daytona CCE and Elansar. Other previews include Daytona 3 Championship USA and Persona 5.

Back again in this issue is Past Processing with Tom Kalinske and Al Nilsen, Arcade Memories, Visions From the Past, Confessions of a Nintendo Fan, and all-new columns like the Kickstarter Watchdog!

And remember, many Bothans died bringing you Mega Visions Issue #2, so please donít let their sacrifice go to waste, and download the issue. 🙂
Click the link above if you'd like a preview.