The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 03-18-2017, 12:39 AM
We just don't know.

That A) is great B) reminds me of a thing I noticed

In the birthday episode, Pearl says "I do like pie!" But later, we find out that Pearl hates eating.

CONTINUITY ERROR, STEVEN UNIVERSE SUCKS NOW
Old 03-18-2017, 02:01 AM
Penalty Box

She probably thought it was the number!
Old 03-18-2017, 07:50 AM
>TRANCE

Officially, she likes baking, because it involves precise measuring and produces something that looks and smells nice, she just doesn't like eating. Which is presumably an after-the-fact justification, but it makes sense.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:14 AM
Not a Beer

Neat vid. The editing style reminds my a lot of The Golden Age of Video.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Dinger!

Finally caught up on all the episodes! I liked them all, even Rocknaldo, which I agree was a bit on the nose, but still really funny and smart.

Room for Ruby is further confirmation that Lapis is the best Crystal Gem.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:04 AM
The Blue Hat Returns!

Okay, I'm a bit confused with having to catch episodes online. Did "Lion 4" come out or not?
Old 04-10-2017, 09:16 AM

I don't think it has officially aired. No.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:49 PM
Not a Beer

Nope, afaik people were expecting it soon but some rescheduling at CN must have gone down and it's been pushed off, maybe to the next bomb or something. Last I checked nobody had any upcoming dates yet.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:32 PM
Dinger!

They're releasing a soundtrack yessssssssss!
Old 04-12-2017, 02:45 PM
The Blue Hat Returns!

Glad to see Sugar mentioned Aivi & Surrasshu in the release. Even though I, er, procure most tracks from their Soundcloud I'll definitely buy the official album to support the show.

So, how 'bout some proper action figures finally?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karzac View Post
eeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 04-16-2017, 07:12 AM
Man of Tomorrow Afternoon

I'm getting this as soon as I can.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:00 PM
oh my car

Keep Beach City Weird: The Official Book of the Blog
Old 04-27-2017, 09:03 PM
King Of Space-Time

“Stuck Together” - (May 31, 2017)
“The Trial” - (May 31, 2017)
“Off Colors” - (June 1, 2017)
“Lars’ Head” - (June 1, 2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Penalty Box

Some day, just for fun, I want to see a Voltron-style mega fusion with the Crystal Gems.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:42 AM
Safe Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikaiju View Post
“The Trial” - (May 31, 2017)
If it's anything like Pink Floyd's "The Trial"(nsfw), it should be a good episode.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:33 AM
oh my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Some day, just for fun, I want to see a Voltron-style mega fusion with the Crystal Gems.
You mean whoever the temple is a statue of?
Old 04-28-2017, 11:15 PM
Penalty Box

Maybe, but I mean like... Steven, Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Lapis, and Peridot. Or if Peridot can't fuse, Peridot riding/directing the rest of them in one mega fusion.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:43 PM
who's she

I bet we'll at least see Steven fuse with Peridot some day.

Speaking of whom, I was rewatching the early appearances of Peridot and thinking, did they know how funny this character would turn out to be when they cast the part? Or did they figure it out on the fly? I've wondered this about Ruby as well.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:39 AM

The Stevenbomb has been released to the cartoon network site for people with participating cable subscriptions. This also means you should be seeing spoilers and/or full uploads in youTube yesterday.

For those of you who have problems with cliffhangers...
This bomb- it ends on one?
Old 05-05-2017, 10:58 AM
LET'S ATTACK AGGRESSIVELY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanagi View Post
I bet we'll at least see Steven fuse with Peridot some day.

Speaking of whom, I was rewatching the early appearances of Peridot and thinking, did they know how funny this character would turn out to be when they cast the part? Or did they figure it out on the fly? I've wondered this about Ruby as well.
Peridot's arc for me went from "kind of annoying sub-villain" to "absolute favorite character forevermore" in the span of probably 30 episodes.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:16 AM
who's she

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
Peridot's arc for me went from "kind of annoying sub-villain" to "absolute favorite character forevermore" in the span of probably 30 episodes.
I think Peridot's arc is the high point of the series. It's a fantastic run of episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic View Post
The Stevenbomb has been released to the cartoon network site for people with participating cable subscriptions. This also means you should be seeing spoilers and/or full uploads in youTube yesterday.

Damn, I'm already sad about how quickly I'll be out of new episodes to watch.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:55 AM
It's a bird! It's a fish!

Quote:

!!!!!

Time to start bugging relatives to see who still pays for TV!
Old 05-06-2017, 01:17 PM
Butternut Squash

Quote:

And how!

I don't like Aquamarine. Topaz I can kind of get behind though.
Lars in the spaceship still! Aahh! Will he wont he stop being a dick?

I watched them all in one go and now I'm sad. I should stagger next time.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:26 PM
who's she

Hmmm. SU is a show with very distinct strengths and weaknesses and that was more of the latter than the former. Heavy-handed plotting and exposition, stiff dialog, and an oversized cast that makes it hard to do any of them justice. Even the show's love of twist endings backfires here. I wasn't especially excited for the Beach City characters to be taken to the zoo, but turning abruptly away from that plot seems like an admission that these four episodes are all the time worth spending with these characters. Oh well. Maybe Lars will fit in with the zoomans?
Old 05-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Not a Beer

Binged on the latest bomb, and I think MooMoo may be right that this one might fair better spread out... Like, the first several are basically individual character episodes, but they keep teasing the start of a new arc which doesn't really kick off until the last couple and then cliff-hangers.

But whee, new characters. One odd bit of minutiae is I thought the new 'muscle' character would be another Quartz variety since their general build is of that type, but Topaz isn't quite - though it's related, adding Aluminum and Fluorine to Quartz's silicate. Though actually now that I look it up Jasper is also an aggregate of Quartz with Chalcedony, so maybe it still counts. Though while I'm searching gemology, Aquamarine is a variety of Beryl, and not particularly related to Lapis Lazuli at all despite the characters' similarities. I guess that set is just going by color.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:26 AM
King Of Space-Time

Did they take them down already?
Old 05-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Bertolli?!?...

I liked this bomb! The mini-twist at the end about why they were there was good. Also, Garnet drawing her own picture and her explanation of why got a big laugh from me and Johnny.

Hey, Steven, maybe look around your mom's junk pile some more? I mean, you seem to want to get to know her better, and a pile of her junk seems a good place to start. You literally found that tape after spending < 1 minute there.

FYI, according to Wikipedia:
  • This bomb ended in the season finale
  • The next season will start with another bomb that will air beginning May 31st
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanagi View Post
Hmmm. SU is a show with very distinct strengths and weaknesses and that was more of the latter than the former. Heavy-handed plotting and exposition, stiff dialog, and an oversized cast that makes it hard to do any of them justice. Even the show's love of twist endings backfires here. I wasn't especially excited for the Beach City characters to be taken to the zoo, but turning abruptly away from that plot seems like an admission that these four episodes are all the time worth spending with these characters. Oh well. Maybe Lars will fit in with the zoomans?
I don't think that they were heading to the zoo. I'd say these two are working for a different diamond and had something else in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
But whee, new characters. One odd bit of minutiae is I thought the new 'muscle' character would be another Quartz variety since their general build is of that type, but Topaz isn't quite - though it's related, adding Aluminum and Fluorine to Quartz's silicate. Though actually now that I look it up Jasper is also an aggregate of Quartz with Chalcedony, so maybe it still counts. Though while I'm searching gemology, Aquamarine is a variety of Beryl, and not particularly related to Lapis Lazuli at all despite the characters' similarities. I guess that set is just going by color.
When Aquamarine first showed up, I thought that maybe Lapis and Peridot figured out how to have a kid of their own.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Bob

There were some weaker episodes and pacing there, but as usual there were moments that made me remember why I liked this show so much.

Doug Out: It's nice to get a look at Connie's father a bit more,
and yeah he's a bit goofy and cheesy... but it's nice. Not my favorite episode by a long shot but I didn't hate it.

The Good Lars: Finally, all that Lars stuff is paying off. I genuinely enjoy seeing Lars's character development and coming into his own. I don't mind that we didn't see a lot of every character, since we already have had a lot of context on each individual character in their episode/s. It's too bad Lars isn't quite ok with himself, yet. I felt that the ending was a bit silly, since it's enough to play up the existence of new gems once, but really the same shot twice? Minor annoyance but still there.

Are You My Dad?: The new gems are neat, again I know all the characters already so it was nice seeing them interact in meaningful ways (Sadie's mom doing her thing, Sour Cream talking about Onion).

I Am My Mom: Ah, ok, the meat of the plot. I genuinely am a little frustrated with Steven's development, but mostly just because it seems a little hamfisted. I would get why he would think he has some sort of destiny or is desperate to have some sort of meaning to chase, but giving himself up when feasibly the situation could have been resolved another way...
or at least listening to the other Crystal Gems who have brought them this far with their teachings. It meant a lot that they trusted Steven to have a plan to get out of Topaz, though! But yeah, Steven's framing a selfless decision with a slightly selfish and reckless one, but hopefully we'll see him come to his senses and realize that everyone is in this together etc.
etc.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:07 PM
oh my car

It seems that the next episode following this bomb, "Stuck Together," is already out on the Cartoon Network app, and therefore, on the internet.

Tags
cartoons , cats=body horror , cheap tactics , dew and doritos , don't call again , gay agenda , healing lacrimal essence , i panicked , i'm bob , lgbt , mom collection , playing with swords , rose schwartz , sadder and gayer , singing while crying , steven universe