The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 02-06-2017, 03:29 PM
>MAGIC

Has anyone played The Ravens of Thri Sahashri? I picked it up on a whim at this past Arisia. It's a very pretty, nicely-packaged asymmetric hidden-information two-player cooperative card game with a tantalizing set of sealed envelopes (and the instructions to open the first when you win your first game, but no word yet on how to open the others...).

It seems very cool so far, though I've only played a little bit. Fluffwise, you're playing a psychic investigator and an amnesiac trying to recover her memories. One player draws cards and plays them onto a structure called the Atman, the other plays cards from the Atman to complete sets (along with hidden cards) called Poems. You're both trying to manipulate the Atman into certain configurations, but you're forbidden from explicitly sharing information, so you have to communicate through your choice of plays. Meanwhile, Ravens are trying to eat your memories, so you may have to play quickly to conserve resources for later on, or play configurations of cards that chase the Ravens off temporarily.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's in those envelopes...
Old 03-14-2017, 03:58 PM
King Of Space-Time

Inside the Box reviews Scythe

Old 03-17-2017, 12:24 AM

So I'm gonna be playing in my first physical larp. Post Apocalyptic game called Dystopia Rising. My social anxiety is at an all time high compared to running a game for about 20-30 people on average with a world of darkness larp, vs a much more intimate and immersive larp. I also bought physical copies of every book I could and they are so well written. Ahh!
Old 05-03-2017, 04:10 PM
King Of Space-Time

New Boardgame Con in Vancouver, BC

Old 05-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Bertolli?!?...

God, I'd love to go, but it's at the wrong end of the country. I idly priced airfare back when they sent out notice to donors a while ago, but I just can't justify the expense. Man, a Megagame though, HRNGGG.

I find it pretty funny that a Canadian convention organized by British people has all of the prices in USD.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:33 AM
King Of Space-Time

Hey escapologists!

The Franklin Institute to launch two escape rooms this summer

Quote:
The Franklin Institute’s inaugural foray into reality entertainment kicks off June 14 with the launch of Intergalactic Escape, followed by the debut of Island Escape on June 28. The rooms -- with technology like wrist scanners and set across about 4,000 square feet of space -- are touted as “the largest and most technologically advanced escape room” games in Philly.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:04 AM
For blood and gold

Okay, this is pretty amazing. I have no idea if the system is any good, but I want that packaging:

Old 06-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Bertolli?!?...

YES PLEASE
Old 06-05-2017, 09:52 PM
King Of Space-Time

Dang, that is solid.

Tags
board games , fear of new threads , not worth its own thread , pen and paper rpgs , traditional games