The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 08-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Unusual View Post

Implying that he's human sized is deeply worrying.
That's a very upsetting picture, but I think my favourite part about it is the understated "Bleep" label. It would be particularly great without any context.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:21 AM
This Guy

He looks like a mound of drier lint with googly eyes.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:59 AM
Man of Tomorrow Afternoon

Laff-A-Lympics

I don't know when Hanna Barbera realized that their unwillingness to let up creating animated characters ripped off from comedians from around 20 to 40 years prior resulted in what could be called a "library" of characters, but eventually they realized they could just put jerseys on everyone and use the same animations to make a "new" cartoon. Welcome, to the Laff-A-Lympics. Wisely, they used "Laff" instead of "laugh", to trick people into thinking that it contained actually humour rather than a sawdust-filled substitute. So here we go.

We start with narration by Snaggletooth, who is a rip-off of Bert Lahr, who many of you probably don't know by name (I had to look this up myself. He was the Cowardly Lion). We see a stadium with balloons pouring out of it. But looking closer at the balloons, we see they contain the faces of our favourite cartoon friends, like Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo, Quick Draw McGraw, Blue Falcon, Doggy Daddy, uh... Roman centurion... a cat in a deerstalker... a cat in a bowtie... Is.. is that Cher?

Yep, all your favourites and when they ran out of those after 3 characters, they scraped the botttom of the barrel so hard, they eventually dug straight past it.

Anyway, Snagglepuss' narration.

"Heavens to hilarity! This is it sports fans! Participants even!"

We then see the three teams on the field and, oh, Cher is on the bad guys' team. Jeez, what happened during that time teaming up with Scooby Doo? Was that the twist at the end? If it turns out that the people who Scooby teams up with turned out to be bad guys, I'd be all over the Scooby Doo movies. Don Knots, Mama Katz, the Globetrotters... all of them are more interesting as villains.

"Television's greatest array of stars."

Before you claim this as incorrect, remember what the state of television was in the 70's. He might not be wrong. Anyway, we see three tiers, one for each team, with members of the team parading across the screen.

We then see Yogi speed skating, Scooby Doo riding a mini-fanboat (hard to do without opposable thumbs) then EVERYONE one skateboards and holding brooms on a green field to play... roller tidy-rugby?
"Laff-A-Lympics presents the round-the-world triple team competition between the...
Yogi Yahooeys"
composed of the humour characters like Girl Yogi with an Umbrella and a Fox in a Straw Hat.
"The Scooby Doobies"
Which includes a strangely depressed looking Hong Kong Phooey and a Fucking Genie!

"And the Really Rottens"
Which includes gray Muttley and an octopus off of its leash.

"The players are on the field, in the stadium even. So lets get on with it!"

We then see Shaggy about to hurl a javelin and then gray Muttley attaches a firework to it. It explodes and it transitions to the title, which includes Yogi, Scooby and gray Muttley's heads sticking through stars.

"The Laff-A-Lympics"

Did It Make Me Want to Watch It?

I've seen this one and I think it is cool that they tried to Smash Brothers it up. But no Goober and the Ghost Chasers, no deal.

Now I look on Wikipedia to learn more about the show
It's clear that the show was really stretching for villains. Mumbly is the faux-Muttley and in his own show he was a good guy. Why not just use Muttley? And no Dick Dastardly either. The Dick Dastardly looking guy is the Dread Baron. And a lot of these guys are either original characters or hybrids. Also, Cher is Daisy Mayhem. Which is an awesome name. Also, she's basically just a rip-off a L'il Abner character.

Fan Art
Hey, a new team, themed around.... miscellany

The other characters look really off-brand but that is a solid Mumbly.

What's... Daisy doing with her arms here?

Posted without context. Also found without context and a search for context yeilded more confusion.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:49 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Which includes a strangely depressed looking Hong Kong Phooey and a Fucking Genie!
That's not just any fucking genie! That's clearly junior genie Baboo! Read your own thread!
Old 08-22-2017, 12:10 PM
Safe Space

I wonder if they'd ever do a gritty post-apocalyptic reboot of Laff-A-Lympics, the way they did Wacky Races.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
That's not just any fucking genie! That's clearly junior genie Baboo! Read your own thread!
Yeah. But my shock wasn't so much the existence of a genie so much as... like, isn't weighing things in favour of the team that has a genie in it?
Old 08-22-2017, 12:29 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Yeah. But my shock wasn't so much the existence of a genie so much as... like, isn't weighing things in favour of the team that has a genie in it?
Isn't his whole deal that's he a fuck-up, though? I'm pretty sure I want the team without a guy that might conjure my legs out of existence by mistake.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Isn't his whole deal that's he a fuck-up, though? I'm pretty sure I want the team without a guy that might conjure my legs out of existence by mistake.
Point well-made. It's one thing to have infinite power, its another to use it competently. I fully expect Shaggy to be turned fully inside out during the biathlon.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:48 AM

Lassie's Rescue Rangers

That's right, before Chip & Dale cosplayed as Indiana Jones and Magnum P.I., Lassie had her own rescue rangers team. For those who don't know, Lassie was a dog who appeared in the novel "Lassie Come-Home" (not bad syntax, as Lassie is referred to as a "Come-Home" dog in the book, so it actually isn't a command/request). She was a dog who ended up far away from home and eventually returned to the boy she loved. It eventually became a popular TV series where the title character was no longer a wanderer looking for home, but a homebody dog protecting a rural family. Now the premise has mutated to the point where a Rough Collie who just wanted to get home is now the leader of a team of "rescue rangers".

So we begin with Lassie standing on a hill in nature some where. In a jaunty voice we hear (and see) some singers saying "Lassie's". If I didn't know better, I think this was an add for a restaurant called Lassie's. Where they either serve dogs or they... serve dogs. Or Lassie's is just a regular restaurant owned and operated by a dog. Also, am I the only one who noticed restaurateur has no "n" in it? Weird, right?

Anyway, a siren blares and a helicopter with "R-I" on it takes off. As it rises, the words rescue rangers appear below it and the singers sing as much. The helicopter is being piloted by what looks like a couple of teens and their party also includes a young girl and a girl with a headband, which in 70's terms means she's a hippy.

We then see Lassie running through a field, then on a dirt road. We then see a woman looking up from a radar and smiling. Presumably, she has Lassie on that radar and is unaware that if Lassie decides to take her by surprise, she could slip her tracking device onto an unsuspecting gopher while Lassie takes the radar woman by surprise. Not that she would, in all likelihood, but like Batman, Lassie always makes sure to have contingency plans in case friends become enemies.

Anyway, we see see the dog running, then a siren, then a helicopter, then a dog running. Then we see two of the teens suiting up for some skydiving action. Then Lassie barks.

Is it just me or does it look like Lassie has a few years on her, with the animator putting bags under her eyes. No problem with this, I suppose. In fact, its not often we have an aging female action hero in a lead role. Good on you, Lassie's Rescue Rangers.

We then see a helicopter piloted by... a news anchor from a sitcom?
http://i.imgur.com/elNvfjW.gif

Then the two teens sky dive while the hippy girl and redheaded moppet look on... the latter with shocking distain.

"You are beneath me."

OK, so this is some fairly standard, if a bit dull and dry, 70's cartoon fare.

We then see an owl, a clumsy mountain lion and a happy raccoon. OK, so there's a bit more anthropomorphising then previously implied but it still looks fairly standard.

Then Lassie just full on rams into some dogs. Fucking headbutts them. Then some other animals turn themselves into bowling balls and a rabbit kicks them into some more dogs.

Man, I didn't expect this show to involve Lassie calling on animal friends to fight dogs. Did these dogs do anything? Or are they just being punished for being dogs who are... black. Oh, dear God, this show just got a lot less woke.

We then see an owl carrying a porcupine. We don't see what they do together but it probably is cruel and involves a pack of black dogs. Then we see a stork with a fucking super-nasty expression on his face partnered with a skunk as if to say "Guess what I'm going to do with this, dogs!"

We then see the whole gang who isn't Lassie (wait, are they the rescue rangers or are the animals?) gathered around smiling. Then the hippie girl and one of the boys are riding horses. Then it ends on an anticlimactic note of Lassie kind of staggering around with the title slapped over him.

Also, the theme song keeps playing but its the same words over and over, so I didn't even bother with each time.

I don't want to watch Lassie turn animal against animal.

OK, so the animals where the Rescue Rangers while the humans are a "ranger-rescue" team called the Forest Force. Also, in I AM THE GREATEST fashion, Lassie is voiced by Lassie. I like the idea of the dog coming into the recording studio, but I'm sure its archival footage from before Lassie died of lung cancer. It is well known Lassie was a lifelong smoker.

Fan Art
It can be hard to seperate "Lassie fan art" from "drawings of Collies"

Don't ask, I have no idea.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:23 AM
Bertolli?!?...

How much better would this show be if radar lady was played by Lassie? I want Lassie with a stern look and a headset, directing a team of rangers from Lassie's Mobile Command Centre. "Get out of there, jerk-ass stork! You've been compromised!"

Quote:
Then the two teens sky dive while the hippy girl and redheaded moppet look on... the latter with shocking distain.

"You are beneath me."
I actually read that as more sullen than disdainful. "Fine, I didn't want to skydive anyway."
Old 08-25-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
How much better would this show be if radar lady was played by Lassie? I want Lassie with a stern look and a headset, directing a team of rangers from Lassie's Mobile Command Centre. "Get out of there, jerk-ass stork! You've been compromised!"
That would be in subtitles, of course. The dog would be barking and wearing its usual dog expression.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Baggy Pants and the Nitwits
"A pantomime prankster a perilous kiss."
It's "a pair of misfits" rather than "a perilous kiss".

BPATN had a regular run in the UK back in the very early 80s, I think on BBC1 as part of the block of programming for kids that ran between 330pm and 6pm. The title song especially is probably remembered by a decent smattering of mid-Gen-X British kids, although the show itself (in terms of characters, plots etc) is probably more of a distant blur.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Laff-A-Lympics

We start with narration by Snaggletooth, who is a rip-off of Bert Lahr
You mean this guy?

Old 09-05-2017, 11:25 AM

Mighty Man and Yukk

Sorry, but this intro has the very beginning cut off of it. I couldn't find the regular version without that issue, but the Italian version tells me we aren't missing much.

So we are dropped in the middle of the action with Mighty Man being introduced by a narrator. Mighty Man is first seen flying through the air, carrying a giant dog who is wearing a doghouse over his head. It's a strange sight, to be sure, but not crazy strange.

"--est superhero Mighty Man."

Mighty Man then looks at the camera and says.

I really don't know what is going on here. I'm guessing its some sort of catch phrase like "Yabba Dabba Doo!" or "Scooby Dooby Doo!" or "Dr. Denton Benton Questy Doo!" but he seems to be mumbling it without much conviction. Also, I'm no musictician but I feel that rhythm of all the syllables in that catchphrase seems clumsy and awkward. It's not bad for a character who has stubbed his toe or whose rendered inarticulate at the sight of a ghost.

I suppose he could have had a stroke or tourette's or something, though, in which case I'm glad there's more representation on TV. But I think it's probably just a catchphrase.

Anyway, then we see the dog also introduced as "Yukk, the World's Ugliest Dog" and he rides in on a motorcycle. This too me, is a strange pairing, making me wonder if this is a "Flintstones Meets the Thing" scenario where they don't actually meet.

Anyway, Yukk is about to tip his doghouse to the audience as a form of greeting but Mighty Man stops him from doing it. We then get an "M-Wipe" to the next scene.

We then see Yukk taking off his dog house at a grandfather clock, which completely destroys it with his hideousness. Also, looking at the clock makes me think that this is either a land of big clocks or Mighty Man is actually tiny (as in "Mite-y Man".) Which I feel dumb for not figuring out but that clock was the only point of reference for me up until this point (Yukk could have owned a very big motorcycle).

Anyway, in reaction, Yukk gives the punchline "Gee, they don't make clocks the way they used to." The word punchline was a lot more loosely defined in the 70's. Anyway, then we see Yukk lick Mighty Man. We then cut to our heroes posing for the title. "Mighty Man and Yukk!"
"That's us!" Yukk exclaims. But when Yukk tries to take of his house, Mighty Man gets upset and the world begins to shatter.
"NO! Yukk, don't lift the--" The shattering is complete and we are only left with Yukk's Chesire Cat grin.
"I told you not to lift your house." admonishes Mighty Man.

I'm torn. I feel bad that Yukk is constantly made to feel bad about the way he looks. On the other, his visage is apparently literally able to break reality.

I like superheroes and ugly dogs, but no, not really. Also, if you look up ugly dogs, you'll get a few truly disturbing looking dogs, then a lot of cute dogs who are weird looking.

The only thing I found is mostly stuff I already knew. Um... Mighty Man is voiced by Optimus Prime. So there's that. It doesn't explain that weird-ass catchphrase.

Fan Art
Fun fact: one of the show's writer traveled in time to write this joke.

Yep, that's an ugly dog.

You're trying to hard, Mighty Man.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
You mean this guy?

I like how he's lost in thought. I feel like his cast credit for an 80's-era sitcom is about to come up.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:18 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
I like how he's lost in thought. I feel like his cast credit for an 80's-era sitcom is about to come up.
AHAHA, holy shit, now that's all I can see.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Mission: Magic!

Watching the intro, I have no idea what this is about, but I'm into it. Rick Springfield is involved, but in all honesty, I actually don't know who that is outside of Mystery Science Theater references. And while the music is a bit cheesy, it is a bit cheesy with a bit of rock, which goes a long way with me. But what really has me with this is a the psychedilic fun of the whole thing. Way more stylish than the show probably deserves.

First we see a picture of Rick Springfield with the colours going all Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Except it isn't because a character's internal monologue has gotten tense, but because it just looks neat. Anyway, inside the guitar, we see a read-headed woman with bunned hair. The image irises out and the guitar turns into a sihlouette of Rick Springfield. A tall top hat appears on Rick's head. So tall that we have to scroll up to see the top, which opens up and a cat and an owl pop out. Then a stream of blue aura and star erupt from the top, which form into that lady from before.

She flies through the air, followed closely by a bunch of kids. Then the kids appear in her sunglasses while she keeps switching colors on us. I'm definitely getting a strong Ms. Frizzle guide from this lady, taking children on educational adventures that are dangerous but the parents signed the permission slips, so anything goes, I guess.

Anway, proto-Frizzle's face fades away and gives way to Rick Springfield, because perhaps everything in this world is Rick Springfield. But then they decide that Rick Springfield's eyes should be represented by two big pink blobs. You know how eyes in cartoons can turn into hearts or have dollar sign pupils and such. I know what those mean. I don't know what big pink blobs mean for Rick.

The blobs merge into a single heart. Maybe this is trying to tell us Rick has love in his eyes, but why not just start with hearts in the eyes and have them merge into a bigger heart. Hey, remember the cat and owl from earlier. If you were shipping those random animals (well, not TOO random) because they are hanging out in the heart and are probably in a long term relationship.

Then Frizzle-esque zooms around and the title Mission: Magic! follows her. The "o" in mission turns into the Earth, and is then wrapped up with a ribbon, which can't be good for our planet. The world is then held by the main lady and a bunch of kids appear around her.

Then the show tells us it stars Rick Springfield. That was nice of them, because my Rick-norance means I wouldn't recognize him on technocolour sight. A hat materializes in front of Rick and is soon filled with the kids and their animal companions. Once again a blue aura and stars erupt from the hat and fades into the Frizzle-lady, once again in weird color mode. Continuing the theme of things that appear in eyes that don't usually do, even in cartoons, her eyes are filled with dots. They move out of her eyes and it turns out they are the title's colons.

Once again, the lady flies through the air, following Rick Springfield through the air.

Kind of. It probably isn't good, but that is a surprisingly strong intro. The bubblegum pop theme song's kind of cheesy, but also kind of fun. Plus, I'm all for positive portrayals of ladies with their hair in a bun. Oh, and I also feel that despite not really telling us what the show is actually about, the visuals are neat enough. I don't know if I want to watch the show, but I'm looking forward to learning more.

"Springfield was joined by a cast of characters:
Miss Tickle, a bubbly teacher who was secretly an expert on magic (her name was a pun on the word "mystical")"

"These were involved in a weekly after-school group called “The Adventurers Club,” although it was the subject of debate whether the organization was a social club or an actual class as Miss Tickle often incorporated various school subjects into the group's adventures, added to which before and after every adventure they would be visited in the classroom by Mr. Samuels, the principal of the school, who knew nothing of Miss Tickle's magical abilities."

Whoa! I was a lot closer with the Magic School Bus connection than I thought. Wikipedia also claims it was a "forerunner" to the magic school bus, but since it doesn't elaborate, I'm just going to assume it was largely a coincidence. Citiation needed, jerks.

Also, the owl's name is Ptolemy, so there were clearly some nerdy writers in the room, and the kids fight supervillains, which is something that the Magic School Bus was sorely missing. In fact, I might change my opinion to "definitely want to watch this".

Fan Art
I only found this: an original animation cell that has been painted over.

This is apparently the episode where Miss Tickle murders her cat.
Oh, I did find some Rick Springfield fan art.

Where he's portrayed by Tony Montana.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:54 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Default sorry, had to unpop

Quote:
Rick Springfield is involved, but in all honesty, I actually don't know who that is outside of Mystery Science Theater references.
"Rick Springfield (born Richard Lewis Springthorpe) is an Australian singer, instrumentalist, songwriter, actor and author. He had a No. 1 hit with "Jessie's Girl" in 1981 in both Australia and the U.S. As an actor, he portrayed Dr. Noah Drake on the daytime drama General Hospital, from 1981 to 1983 and during 2005 to 2008 and 2012, returning in 2013 for the show's 50th anniversary with son and actor Liam Springthorpe."

Quote:
Oh, I did find some Rick Springfield fan art.

Where he's portrayed by Tony Montana.
"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get Jessie's girl."
Old 09-13-2017, 10:28 AM

The Mumbly Cartoon Show

Yes, it's that one guy from the Laff-A-Lympics. He's exactly like Muttley except he's grey. I feel like Hanna Barbera's habit of ripping off other characters has extended to their own library. They could have easy used Muttley, couldn't they? Was Muttley unavailable? Were there contract disputes or creative differences? Why change it?

I mean, I guess Muttley is a bad guy and Mumbly's a good guy. Except... is he? Muttley is always up for mischief, but I remember him laughing most often when his master got himself into trouble. He doesn't seem that bad. Meanwhile, Mumbly would go off and join the Really Rottens in the Laff-A-Lympics despite being a seemingly non-corrupt crime fighter? If it was simply to get closer to Daisy Mayhem, I get it. But I feel like this is a case where no one paid attention and no one cared.

Anyway, let's take a look at the adventures of a completely unnecessary in-company bootleg.

Well, the show opens appropriately enough in pure Andy Worhol mode, featuring endless copies of the same image of Mumbly, which makes it look like one ugly Windows '98 desktop. One of the pictures then comes forward, with Mumbly's head filling the screen.

"Set your dial
for a while
have a laugh
wear a smile
It's the Mumbly Cartoon Show!"

We then see generic cartoon imagery: a giant ape peeling a banana, only to find Mumbly inside. A cowboy pulling down some blinds only to find Mumbly IN the blinds. Two... I'm going to make the guess that they are criminals or bad guys open a door to see Mumbly behind it. One of those guys lifts the lid off one of those platters that I feel only exist in fiction, only to find Mumbly is under it. The other criminal, now wearing a motorcycling helmet, holds a bag of money, only for Mumbly to spring out of it. I'm starting to get what Mumbly's whole thing is: Mumbly appears before baddies in places where they don't expect him. Then snickers.

We then see Mumbly driving a shitty, beat-up car, then getting out and walking away from it. Is that a character trait for the character? Walking away from lemons? There's not enough context for a full, and since this is Hanna Barbera I use the term loosely, joke. Why are we watching this?

We then see a some guy drinking a potion and turning into a Mr. Hyde monstrosity.

"Introducing that super-duper detective, Lt. Mumbly."

First of all, HB has shit editor. WHY, in the section where the main character is being introduced, do you show Mr. Hyde and Mumbly only briefly getting yanked. That's a terrible introduction. How deeply don't you care about this? I know its a shitty cartoon, but at least as professional soulless cartoon salesmen, you should pretend to give a fuck.

Secondly...

Anyway, Hyde puts Mumbly on a giant paper airplane. Then Mumbly gives his famous sincker for some reason. SEE EDITORS! YOU ONLY HAD TO WAIT TILL THIS SCENE TO PUT IN THE INTRODUCTION OF MUMBLY!

We then see a stereotypical bad rich guy in an opera cape, followed by Mumbly in his shitty car. So I guess, that is a recurring factor. I'll be honest, I just assumed they took some random clip from a cartoon. We then see someone paint a car and drive away in it. Don't know who he is, but he's probably a bad guy since anyone who isn't Mumbly in this intro seems to be a bad guy.

We then see Mumbly skittering up to an explosive and then skittering away before it explodes. His manner of walking implies he found it difficult to get traction. I find it aesthetically pleasing. I just do."He's the greatest," Says the audience.

Rebuttal:

We then see him parachute down while people shout out that he's the latest, which is a statement that is only true for a very limited amount of time.

We then see a superfast stream of dustclouds through the desert, at which point I realize I'd much rather be watching a Road Runner cartoon.

Mumbly then is dressed as Tarzan. Remember when cartoon characters did that, because it was a reference kids would get. I wonder if children today know who Tarzan is? I mean, when was the last time we saw a memorable Tarzan movie or show? Wow, this cartoon is really making me think.

We then briefly see some kind of gnome pirate. Then a stuntman jumps inside a box and wraps it from the inside, only to find Mumbly is also in the box.

"Lots of zing
Laughs to sing
Everything
Gonna swing
So get ready
Here we go!"

If I've heard this correct (and I rarely do) 'laughs to sing' is an odd lyric.

We then see the generic King Kong ape using Mumbly as a yo-yo.

"Big or small
Short or tall
We will all have a ball
On the Mumbly Cartoon Show!"

We then see the wall of Mumbly's before moving onto a marquee with the show's name while Mumbly does Muttley's laugh again.

Whelp, it's pretty generic. Hanna Barbera's stuck in a loop of repetition this time, but at least it's theme song is origina--

*sigh*

Where you running late on a quota or something?

Why should I bother if the philosophy of this show seems to be "Eh, if you've seen one cartoon, you've seen them all"

There actually seems like there might actually be a reason for copying the Tom and Jerry theme: the two shows were double billed as the "Tom and Jerry/Mumbly Hour". Grape Ape was also shoved in there at one point, too. Also, no one seems sure why Mumbly became a villain later on. He just was.

Fan Art
Man, don't talk to me in an MS Painting until I've had my coffee
Old 09-13-2017, 10:54 AM
Just bear with me

They used to show Mighty Man and Yukk distressingly often on Cartoon Network, when the network first began. Apparently Ted Turner didn't have the rights to the Warner Bros. library and there was no Cartoon Cartoon block yet, so he was forced to populate the channel with old Ruby-Spears shows. Action Jack and Goldie Gold was another staple (he's a stuntman, she's filthy rich!), as was Fangface. (Wait, did you already review that show? I need to find that.)

Anyway. The thing about Mighty Man is that in addition to looking like Disco Stu, he fought some truly pathetic villains... we're talking Tick-quality adversaries here, without the benefit of self-aware writers. Also, when Yukk removes his dog house mask, I always imagine anyone caught in the crossfire to hear this deathknell just before their heart stops.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:25 AM

Yes, I did cover Fangface.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
One of those guys lifts the lid off one of those platters that I feel only exist in fiction
Wait. Which one do you think is fictional - the lid or the platter?
Old 09-13-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torzelbaum View Post
Wait. Which one do you think is fictional - the lid or the platter?
Platters are real. But I think domed lids are extinct outside of fiction.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Platters are real. But I think domed lids are extinct outside of fiction.
Hmm... Yes, I don't think I have ever seen a cloche in real life.