The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 08-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Conquers the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonyBardOL View Post
Is there a translation of everything Lady said in this episode? She had a large amount of dialogue, even if most of it could be inferred.
Doop

It took me a minute to realize that when she said she had actually been attacked by the rotting corpses from her dream twice before, she was probably referring to the two zombie episodes
Old 08-24-2012, 09:39 PM
borgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventrue View Post
The creepiest episode had to be christmas. Though the follow up firedog episode was probably the happiest thing I've ever seen.
I think the creepiest scene, for me, is the Fruit Witches. Any time Finn and Jake go on a traditional quest style adventure is gonna have weird shit.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:14 AM
100% All Original

No episode that features Wildberry Princess and ends with "dog liver x51!" can be THAT dark.

I was thrilled to see Ricardio come back and for Peebles to get some of the spotlight for once. I always enjoy the episodes that feature celebrity guest voices, though - see also: Ocean of Fear (Mark Hamill), His Hero (Lou Ferrigno).
Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 AM
I. Love. It.

I'm going to second the Fruit Witches for creepiest scene. That was nightmare fuely.

That was, like, Franken Fran Nightmare Fuely almost.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:42 AM
I. Love. It.

Kicking this thread in the rear to point out that goddamn 'I Remember You' was a good episode. If you never felt kind of sorry for the Ice King before you sure will after this.

We probably never will get the full story of what exactly happened in the past, but hopefully we'll get more tidbits like this.

Anyway, the next episode is the season finale and going by the title, The Lich, it should be worth looking out for.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:51 AM
D=

Here's a youtube of Ice King and Marceline's song at the end of the episode. It was a pretty good episode! I cried while watching it.

Anyway, to respond to something from the Cartoons thread:
Quote:
(Also, ending? What? Last I heard it has another season or two at least)
I don't think it's gonna end right away right now, but the show does seem to be wrapping up a lot of loose ends lately. Dunno what exactly that means for the show itself, though
Old 10-16-2012, 09:17 AM
I. Love. It.

Well another season is confirmed, and another one after that has been suggested. I think it has some life in it yet.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 AM
D=

Quote:
Well another season is confirmed, and another one after that has been suggested. I think it has some life in it yet.
True, but I mean, the crew behind the show probably has an end in sight now. I think it has another year or two's worth of episodes in it, though, and Cartoon Network'd be fools to kill their cash cow early. But I still sense that the writers are looking to wrap things up, to quit while they're ahead.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 AM
A real human being

So I've been rewatching the earlier seasons and noticed something at the end of Evicted. King Worm comes in and zaps Finn and Jake, and the room is laid out exactly like it is at the end of the King Worm episode. Unexpected callback or was it all a dream?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Cynical Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointzeroeight View Post
So I've been rewatching the earlier seasons and noticed something at the end of Evicted. King Worm comes in and zaps Finn and Jake, and the room is laid out exactly like it is at the end of the King Worm episode. Unexpected callback or was it all a dream?
Eh, I figured that the King Worm episode happened directly after the Evicted episode, as there's nothing that really says otherwise. Well, either that or King Worm does this crap to them all the frickin' time.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Serial Thread Killer

Default Is this also a thread for wild guessing?

I had a thought: You know how in the first episode, Bubblegum made a "decorpseanator" syrum and brought all the zombies back to life? And how the big antagonist The Lich is an undead-ish being (I'm assuming)?

Maybe for the series finale they'll pull out that decorpsenator and use it on the Lich, allowing wacky antics to ensue. If for no other reason then because they can say they were planning it from the first episode.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:52 PM
A real human being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terthna View Post
Eh, I figured that the King Worm episode happened directly after the Evicted episode, as there's nothing that really says otherwise. Well, either that or King Worm does this crap to them all the frickin' time.
I'd think the latter, since for the most part, things do seem to happen in the order the episodes are aired. I mostly just thought it was cool they called back to something that happened so early on, and laid things out pretty much exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isrieri View Post
I had a thought: You know how in the first episode, Bubblegum made a "decorpseanator" syrum and brought all the zombies back to life? And how the big antagonist The Lich is an undead-ish being (I'm assuming)?

Maybe for the series finale they'll pull out that decorpsenator and use it on the Lich, allowing wacky antics to ensue. If for no other reason then because they can say they were planning it from the first episode.
With all the callbacks I've been noticing upon rewatching the show, I can't say I'd be surprised if they did something like this.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:57 PM
is Earnest

I've gotten up to the beginning of season 4. This show continues to walk the line between cute and disturbing pretty well. More and more talented people are becoming involved in both the show and both comic series, Pen Ward is just a magnet for talent.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:34 PM
D=

HOLY SHIT

TODAY'S EPISODE OF ADVENTURE TIME, GUYS

it was bananaaaaaaaaaaas
So what fun universes do you think the gang will travel to in the next season? Fiona and Cake world seem pretty much like a given, what else? Me, I'm thinking the universe where everyone stands on the head, the world where everyone good is evil and vice versa, Soda-land, and Earth-B.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:20 PM
A real human being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy View Post
HOLY SHIT

it was bananaaaaaaaaaaas
This.

It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. I'm wondering if from this point on, for a while at least, we'll only see alternate world versions of existing characters aside from Finn, Jake, and the Lich. It'd be neat to see them run into themselves, which seems pretty likely.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Family Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy View Post
HOLY SHIT

it was bananaaaaaaaaaaas
So what fun universes do you think the gang will travel to in the next season? Fiona and Cake world seem pretty much like a given, what else? Me, I'm thinking the universe where everyone stands on the head, the world where everyone good is evil and vice versa, Soda-land, and Earth-B.
I'm hoping for Regular Show's.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.R. Bigman View Post
I'm hoping for Regular Show's.
That would be a crossover for the ages.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 AM
A real human being

I could do without that.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 PM
I. Love. It.

The episode was pretty great, it's fortunate the next season is starting later in November instead of, like, next year.

Only part I didn't really like was near the end with Princess Bubblegum. I mean, I know Finn was in a hurry thanks to Billy/Lich's fake urgency, but why did he just burst in from the ceiling and kind of creepily cling to her? He could've just said 'Hey Peebles, we need the gem from your crown because Billy says it's mad urgent.' I'm also not sure how PB immediately knew Billy was the Lich, unless she's still able to sense him or whatever.

But either way, I'm looking forward to where the next season goes.

(also the gag with LSP's 'gem' was great)
Old 10-23-2012, 04:04 PM
SPACE DEPUTY

Quote:
Only part I didn't really like was...
Finn and Jake probably took "Billy's" NO TIME TO EXPLAIN extremely seriously. As for PB just knowing, I assumed this is something the Lich has tried before and she put 2 and 2 together.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Totally Radicola!

I haven't the opportunity to go back and check, but isn't the weird-faced robot-armed Finn also the reflection in the mirror in the Worm King dream?
Old 10-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Fifth Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMer View Post
I haven't the opportunity to go back and check, but isn't the weird-faced robot-armed Finn also the reflection in the mirror in the Worm King dream?
Yup! I love how much foreshadowin' this show does. And even when they do make things up as they go along, as I assume they have now and then, they do it with style.

I've recently caught up with the show (more or less), with good timing...this episode was great, and "I Remember You" was genuinely and shockingly emotional. I really do admire the variety of tones the show can pull of, without ever seeming out-of-character or abrupt.

Speaking of which, and my catchin' up on past episodes, Goliad weirded me out, man. Goliad weirded me out.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Chief

Yup, that was a thing.

So is Adventure Time Sliders now? If so, can we get John Rhys-Davies as a cameo?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:24 PM
is Earnest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deptford View Post
Speaking of which, and my catchin' up on past episodes, Goliad weirded me out, man. Goliad weirded me out.
Yeah, I just saw that one yesterday. It was weird, but the end was great. Actually, the whole thing was weird and great.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Are You Sure About That?

Making my way through season four atm, and man, while things pick up in the back half of s1 and through s2, 3 and 4 (so far) are off the hook. Goliad and What Was Missing are probably personal favorites though. I'm sad that Marceline doesn't get more screen time since she's more personable than most of the other princesses (Vampire Queen, remember). Also, her dad is awesome. And horrifying.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:31 AM
I. Love. It.

Weeeeellll Marceline does get one more episode of screen time before the end of Season 4, that's for sure.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Are You Sure About That?

Yeah, I finished up my run-through of s4, and that was sure an episode! Yep. Season five sounds like it'll be awesome (even though that one segment of the Worm King episode makes me wonder if there's been other hints at multiverse Finns and Jakes scattered around besides obvious stuff like the Fionna episode).
Old 11-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Follow the fuck-man

The last few episodes of season 4 had me on the floor. I really want the little tadpole people to show up again and see if they ever learned how to do anything cool.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:16 PM
is Earnest

Yeah, the last two episodes were phenomenal. Also, the new season starts Monday! I'm gonna go back and re-watch a bunch of my favorite episodes.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Gesundheit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
Also, the new season starts Monday!
I gotta get used to this pace. Doesn't the team take a vacation?

Tags
adventure time , cartoons , down with megathreads! , finn the human , jake the dog