The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM
Meggamn

I've been trying and failing to get into Izetta The Last Witch. Is it good or as boring as it seems? Are the girls actually in love with each other or is it a nope-nobody-gay-here anime non-romance?
Old Today, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Flash View Post
I've been trying and failing to get into Izetta The Last Witch. Is it good or as boring as it seems?
Yep. I mean, I enjoyed the show, but if you aren't feeling the show however many minutes in, nothing that you have problems with is going to change if you keep watching. It's largely the same show from beginning to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Flash View Post
Are the girls actually in love with each other or is it a nope-nobody-gay-here anime non-romance?
It's a pretty typical Legend of Korra situation where the girls are BFFs and really like each other, but it's only ever demonstrated in the most platonic ways so that the show can have plausible deniability. So you're welcome to read into it that they're gay for each other (I choose to) but it's typical anime-shenanigans that I'm sure you're imagining.
Old Today, 08:17 AM

We finally have a reason why Amazon has been delaying simulcasting streams of shows like Fune wo Amu. And the answer is that Amazon is launching an a la carte channel media service, and Anime is the first one of these channels (labeled "Anime Strike"). So pay $5 and get access to all their anime streaming options, including the handful of shows they're keeping hostage. This is, btw, on top of your Prime subscription. I was originally excited with the idea of Amazon getting into distributing anime, because so far their translations have been good, I already subscribe to Prime, and the industry could only benefit from the stupid kinds of money Amazon and Netflix have been throwing at TV/film productions. But them asking to double-dip is really really really gross.
Old Today, 10:33 AM
Inherently Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisteriaHysteria View Post
But them asking to double-dip is really really really gross.
Amazon's really hit Prime market saturation; I guess this means Kindle Unlimited was successful enough that they're experimenting with more "super-premium" add-ons. Blech
Old Today, 02:46 PM
Not a Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisteriaHysteria View Post
We finally have a reason why Amazon has been delaying simulcasting streams of shows like Fune wo Amu. And the answer is that Amazon is launching an a la carte channel media service, and Anime is the first one of these channels (labeled "Anime Strike"). So pay $5 and get access to all their anime streaming options, including the handful of shows they're keeping hostage. This is, btw, on top of your Prime subscription. I was originally excited with the idea of Amazon getting into distributing anime, because so far their translations have been good, I already subscribe to Prime, and the industry could only benefit from the stupid kinds of money Amazon and Netflix have been throwing at TV/film productions. But them asking to double-dip is really really really gross.
This of course happened literally the same weekend I was going to get my wife to sit down and watch Fune wo Amu using her Prime subscription. asdfghjkl.

Tags
お前はもう死んでいる , ウエアブー , 3 2 1 let's jam , animation , anime , animeanimeanimeanimeanime , cartoons , cour , didn't read the manga , don't watch anime , fear of new technology , imouto , japan , japanimation , my japanese animes , only weeaboos say weeaboo , panties! , read the manga , voca droids? , watch anime , weeaboo , what's all this racket , wrath of the lich king , you seen orange road , you'll like orange road