The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 07-16-2017, 02:25 PM
this is covfefe

You can pilot a mecha toy and fight in it in the Toy Story world, yes please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonyBardOL View Post
EDIT: No wait!

Wait. Wait... wait... wait.

Wait.

Cars.

Because Car-Sora and Car-Donald and Car-Goofy would be amazing and terrifying.

And the their first scene in Cars-world should just be five minutes of them screaming.
Yes. Good.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:07 PM
Find Your Reason

So if a human and a toy both get their hearts eaten by Heartless, is there any metaphysical, spiritual, or merchandiseable difference between the human's Heartless/Nobody, and the toy's?
Old 07-16-2017, 04:26 PM
All are Mr. Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zef View Post
So if a human and a toy both get their hearts eaten by Heartless, is there any metaphysical, spiritual, or merchandiseable difference between the human's Heartless/Nobody, and the toy's?
The toy Heartless is made in China. That's about it.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:35 AM
Random guy

So, stupid question of the day: How playable are the original PS2 releases of KH1 and 2 (and Birth by Sleep on PSP) today? Like, should I avoid them like the plague and go straight to the recent PS4 re-release? (I bought them years ago and never played any of them.)
Old 07-17-2017, 06:14 AM

Kingdom Hearts 3 Director Tetsuya Nomura Explains What Took So Long

Two main problems were cited:

1) People above Nomura decided that the project should switch to Unreal Engine 4 after about a year of development

2) KH3 had a development plan that called for more personnel to be added as development reached later stages. When those stages were reached, there wasn't available personnel within SE.

I did a little research and found that KH3 began development around 2013. (around the time of the D23 expo in August 2015, a producer said it had been development "for about 2 years".)
Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 AM
-ryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbywatson View Post
So, stupid question of the day: How playable are the original PS2 releases of KH1 and 2 (and Birth by Sleep on PSP) today? Like, should I avoid them like the plague and go straight to the recent PS4 re-release? (I bought them years ago and never played any of them.)
Its been a while, but my recollection is KH1 vs the re-release is not a major gameplay change. Obviously it looks sharper due to it being HD. The camera controls better. I think the abilities you get at each level changed a little. If you've got the original US version, you're not missing much.

I don't know about KH2 or BBS as I haven't replayed those yet.

CoM is a totally different experience between the old portable and the re-release. It went from isometric to 3d world basically. 3D cut scenes instead of sprites and more voice acting. I don't know if I'd say Re:CoM is hands down better. Its just very different.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Space Prez

Making Sora and co. look like some kind of wooden soldiers, instead of a modern Japanese action figure like an SHFiguarts or a figma seems like a huge oversight.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:28 PM

The PS4 release also includes it all neatly in one place so you don't have to switch to pap and such. Or the 3DS for the 358/2 it's more of a catchup and play/experience everything in one package deal.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Not A Low-Level Life Form

KH1 does not hold up as well as one would like.

I personally don't like how MP is handled in KH2, but otherwise, the games are great. Even the dumb weird ones. You can safely skip Re:Coded and 358/2 if you aren't literally madhair60 or me.

Dream Drop Distance unlocks plot recaps for all the other games as you play it, if you want to be up to speed asap. Dream Drop Distance is also really fun, especially once you can dedicate a command slot to an emergency Drop-Me-Not.

If you revisit KH2 and want to use Drives ever (read: have fun), be sure to hit a save point and leave the world before your Drive Gauge bottoms out. This will give you your entire Drive Gauge back. This must be an intended feature, otherwise you may only get to use Drive once a world or so, which is dumb and bad.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:14 PM
Video World 14 is out!

You can skip 358/2 Days if you hate art games. True art games, narrative art, gameplay as narrative, gameplay as characterisation, gameplay in absolute tandem with the themes in the narrative, etc. If you would, to quote the late, great Wolfgang, projectile diarrhoea onto a Monet.

Or, ya know, if you don't like being bored. There are about 20 boring hours in there.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhair60 View Post
Or, ya know, if you don't like being bored. There are about 20 boring hours in there.
I thought that was the entire games length?
Old 07-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Outer Space Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventrue View Post
I thought that was the entire games length?
Nah, it's about 30. 5 interesting hours at the beginning, 5 interesting hours at the end.

Tags
all hail gogglebob , anime hair , belts belts belts , darkness , gogglebob explains it all , gogglebob4president , kingdom hearts , kingdumb hearts , secret best poster , the hydra's back , zippers