The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 02-02-2017, 01:18 PM
hi there

these downloads need to happen faster
Old 02-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
No scrubs allowed.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:36 PM
Half-Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
IT'S OUT
Huh? I don't see it yet. iOS, East Coast of North America. I can't find it on the App Store.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 PM
World of Darkness Returns

It's on Android at any rate.

Best of my first 20 orbs was a 4-star Setsuna from Fates, so pretty underwhelming.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Half-Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSL View Post
It's on Android at any rate.

Best of my first 20 orbs was a 4-star Setsuna from Fates, so pretty underwhelming.
Ah, got it now. It's on iOS now.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:50 PM

It's not out for iOS yet. Though rerolling can seem like a good option, stats are very much randomized. You can also break level limits by fusing the same unit into itself. Not much info is known on that however all units can be made into 5 star given enough resources.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Half-Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventrue View Post
It's not out for iOS yet. Though rerolling can seem like a good option, stats are very much randomized. You can also break level limits by fusing the same unit into itself. Not much info is known on that however all units can be made into 5 star given enough resources.
It absolutely is out on iOS. I'm playing it right now.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:23 PM
hi there

I managed to get a 5* Robin, and wrecking everything.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:47 PM
do-do-doo do-doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
Too bad there aren't repeatable missions like in Miitomo and Run. I hope the Rewards are repeatable, at least.
The Orbs you can only get once, of course, and the Light's Blessing you can only get 3 times, but the others have no limit.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Good Bee

JP already has a tier list. Time to start rerolling!
Old 02-02-2017, 02:59 PM
#deadfish2017

Anna's got a short arm and I'm not so sure about the actual battles. I'll give it a little longer but will prob just stick to the real games.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Half-Ninja

Friend ID: 5476526440
Old 02-02-2017, 03:43 PM
hi there

Mine: 0722507647
Old 02-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Good Bee

Some quick notes on rerolling from what I've gathered so far:

- Yep, this is a gatcha, and not the friendly kind of gatcha like Mobius FF. Rerolling is strongly encouraged, as drawing a couple SS tier 5* units with your first 20 pull gives you a MASSIVE advantage, the kind that puts you ahead of people who've spent hundreds of dollars on the game, without spending a dime.

- The point at which you want to reroll is after your first 20-orb pull (which you get after the prologue) if you're on iOS, or your first 17-orb pull (which you get immediately) if you're on rooted Android. This is because rooted Android can simply clear the save without needing to redownload the app and both updates, making the time between rerolls much shorter, and you get 80% of the pulls per reroll for 50% of the time. It looks like drop rates are pretty good, so you should be able to get a decent party in less than a dozen or so rerolls, though obviously rerolling more can put you ahead. According to JP, the Deep Devotion banner has better pulls than Legendary Heroes, so pull there.

- Don't link to your Nintendo account until you've rolled a party you're happy with.

- If you're on non-rooted iOS, just delete the app and redownload it if you drew garbage.

- If you're on rooted Android, go to data > data > com.nintendo.zaba>Shared_pref and delete "deviceAccount.xml" and you should be able to restart the game without needing to redownload anything. (I'm using a Nox emulator to do this on PC; once you get a roll you're happy with, you can link it to your Nintendo account to load it on whatever device you want to actually play with.)

First two rolls were garbage (5x3* on iOS, 2x4* 3x3* on Nox) so I just rerolled on iOS, and am in the middle of figuring out how to reroll on Nox. Hooray gatchas! (Don't play gatchas)
Old 02-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Smudged

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelbel View Post
- Yep, this is a gatcha, and not the friendly kind of gatcha like Mobius FF. Rerolling is strongly encouraged, as drawing a couple SS tier 5* units with your first 20 pull gives you a MASSIVE advantage, the kind that puts you ahead of people who've spent hundreds of dollars on the game, without spending a dime.
Alternatively: link your account before your first pull so you don't trap yourself in reroll hell and start caring about the meta of a game which hates you.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:31 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
in the middle of figuring out how to reroll on Nox.
It wasn't so bad. Nox isn't rooted by default, so you have to go to Nox settings and enable root, then you can delete the account within its file explorer and it works like a charm. Relaunch the app and it starts you over from scratch, without needing to redownload the app and both patches like you would when rerolling on non-rooted Android or iOS.

Oh, and downloading the app through the Play Store doesn't work on either emulator I tried for some reason. But you can download the APK and install it directly from here.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
Alternatively: link your account before your first pull so you don't trap yourself in reroll hell and start caring about the meta of a game which hates you.
Eh. It's a hassle, sure, but if you don't reroll, then you drastically hasten the arrival of that inevitable point where you've either gotten extremely lucky, or the game's difficulty has ramped up to the point where you need to start dropping serious cash and/or grinding time, or accept that you're no longer able to complete content, because of course that happens with every gatcha, because of course that's how they make money. Or in other words:

Quote:
Hooray gatchas! (Don't play gatchas)
Personally I think that if it's worth playing the game at all, it's worth doing a few rerolls so you can get more out of it before you hit that inevitable point. But if you'd prefer to set off with a party full of garbage and trust Lady Luck to eventually help you catch up, hey, more power to you.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:42 PM
This Guy

I'm quite enjoying this, though I haven't pulled any good heroes. I got a 5 star Nowi or some shit, but I ain't using her.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:45 PM
contains words & diagrams

krelbel they're not like us, they're not broken people.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Definitely not a werewolf

I got a 5 star Lucina and 5 star Tiki.

Uh, not sure how well this game will work with 8x6 maps and functionally random party comp. I did the Nabata challenge map on normal and it was interesting, but everything else has required no strategy at all.

I don't see myself playing this for very long.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:50 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tefari View Post
krelbel they're not like us, they're not broken people.
Not broken people yet. Enough gatcha will break anyone!
Old 02-02-2017, 04:53 PM
Good Bee

Status report at the reroll mines: 20 pulls, 17x3* 3x4*, all 3x4* were Raigh, go away Raigh

My terrible luck is my blessing and my curse when it comes to these games. The better your luck, the more enticing the game is, the harder it is to quit. When the game throws garbage at you over and over again forever preventing you from making any progress without a huge struggle, it's way easier to stop playing!
Old 02-02-2017, 04:56 PM
#deadfish2017

Quote:
Some quick notes on rerolling from what I've gathered so far:
Yeah, bowing out. This sounds awful.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:02 PM
This Guy

Everything suggested there is completely unnecessary. If you just play naturally you get more than enough characters.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:13 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascally Badger View Post
Everything suggested there is completely unnecessary. If you just play naturally you get more than enough characters.
How often do you get free pulls / how much does each paid pull cost? I've pulled 24 times so far and gotten nothing but garbage. Apparently the base rate for 5* is 3% (with a small boost per banner) and I don't know how great the game would be if your first 24 pulls were all trash.

Basically I doubt the claim that "If you just play naturally you get more than enough characters" given my experience with every other gatcha ever, and the fact that this game is less than one day old anywhere so how can you know that? It's a gatcha, so if it's like any other gatcha, you're going to need a certain amount of some combination of luck, time, or money, and an excess of one can make up for a lack of another.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:18 PM
This Guy

I guess if you want a 5* specific character. I had 5 pulls after finishing the three prologue chapters. I got one duplicate character in those 5 pull, with a spread of 3X3, 1X4 and 1X5. That gives me ten different characters to tackle maps that only allow me to use 4 at a time. For playing the so far too simple game, the game has given more than enough characters to tackle things.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Mystery Contraption

My first draw gave me Frederick!

My consequent draws gave me Donnel, Stahl, Clarine (?) and Azama...

But Fred!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Good Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascally Badger View Post
I guess if you want a 5* specific character. I had 5 pulls after finishing the three prologue chapters. I got one duplicate character in those 5 pull, with a spread of 3X3, 1X4 and 1X5. That gives me ten different characters to tackle maps that only allow me to use 4 at a time. For playing the so far too simple game, the game has given more than enough characters to tackle things.
You're way luckier than I am, then. Congrats! I'm rerolling until I get any single 5*, that's all. (If you'd like to test the theory that rerolling doesn't make a difference, feel free to see how far you can get without ever using a 4* or 5* unit. A few people always do this in every gatcha as a self-imposed challenge, and it always takes a HUGE amount of effort.)

The prologue alone is not a good indication of what the difficulty is going to be like even a tiny bit down the road; I wouldn't take the fact that you can complete it easily without good gatcha units to indicate that that will still be the case later on.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Smudged

Quote:
Eh. It's a hassle, sure, but if you don't reroll, then you drastically hasten the arrival of that inevitable point where you've either gotten extremely lucky, or the game's difficulty has ramped up to the point where you need to start dropping serious cash and/or grinding time, or accept that you're no longer able to complete content, because of course that happens with every gatcha, because of course that's how they make money.
That's fine, I don't mind stopping a game when it ceases to be fun. It took dozens of hours for me to get sick of Record Keeper and Unchained x. How long that takes for Fire Emblem depends on how evil Nintendo feels like being.

What are the tiers based on? How big is the gap between an SS character and B character? It has a random stat system like the regular games. Do SS characters just have straight-up better growth?
Old 02-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Mystery Contraption

Oh no!

Fred and Anna are both Axe-class units!

How do I choose?

Tags
actually terrible? , dena , devil's own luck , fire emblem , gacha , gotcha! , i like ike , intelligent systems , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , nintendo , pick a god and pray , waifu wars