The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 04-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Space Prez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleck View Post
Speaking of stuff looking bad, I'm disappointed that they didn't take the opportunity to make Thor look more handsome.
*THOR is trademark and copyright MARVEL 2017
**HANDSOME THOR is copyright Chris Hemsworth 2017
Old 04-27-2017, 11:59 AM
hold back the night

can I preorder the HANDSOME THORİ DLC character skin

also: how much skin are we talking here
Old 04-27-2017, 01:36 PM
Out Of Warranty

I'll consider it a win if we never get a Captain "Hydra Yes, But Not A Nazi, Honest" America skin.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:52 PM
:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeran View Post

All chin skin, no beard.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:55 PM
Oily Butt Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeran View Post

proposed reference image:

Old 04-27-2017, 02:12 PM
Come, noble knights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excitemike View Post
I didn't like the way MvC3 looked and moved. What works on a 2D character does not necessarily look good on a 3D one, and vice versa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by estragon View Post
Looking at it some more, Mega Man, Sigma, and Ultron look pretty great in these kind of plasticky models. But I see a human being and I have a kind of uncanny valley experience.

. . . I also think SFIV looks better than SFV. I think that there's something about high-poly fighting game character models that Capcom hasn't quite figured out yet. I don't know enough about design and animation to say what it is. But more triangles isn't making it better, for me at least. (I'm the most casual of the casuals though, so they don't need it to look good for me, really...)
Nothing against the look of Capcom's fighters (We've come a long way from Street Fighter EX and Rival Schools) but in an ideal world, Capcom would commission Arc System Works to work their "actually 3D but looks 2D" witchcraft on all their fighting games.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:39 PM
Highway To HFIL

I liked Deadpool's level 3 hyper combo in MVC3, but I just realized what would have been the perfect reference for him to have.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Vigilante All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopinks View Post
after Saki showed up in Tatsunoko vs Capcom, it's hard for me to think that any character is too obscure to have a chance
and that was her SECOND fighting game appearance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YangusKhan View Post
This entry not having assists is a game changer. Like, I might actually care about it competitively. Daaang.
No it isn't. X-Men vs. Street Fighter didn't have assists, either. If anything, it's taking a page from Street Fighter X Tekken with all those tag-out options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetManMas View Post
I'm disappointed to see no confirmation of Spider-Man or proof that the X-Men and Dr. Doom aren't getting the pink slip this time, but also excited to see Sigma added to the roster and both Strider and Rocket returning.
I don't know why everyone is freaking out about this...the situation was exactly the same when MVC3 dropped, and X-Men as well as Fantastic 4 characters showed up with no issue. Spidey was a delayed announcement for MVC3 as well (which was fucking weird considering he's their biggest name, but what do I know?)
Old 05-19-2017, 10:37 AM
does the Underpants Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot.EXE View Post
No it isn't. X-Men vs. Street Fighter didn't have assists. If anything, it's taking a page from Street Fighter X Tekken with all those tag-out options.
Yeah but nobody really played the series competitively until it started using assists. I haven't read anything else about mechanics in this game. Making it more like SFxT definitely sounds like a good thing to me, which I'm surprised to hear myself think.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Vigilante All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by YangusKhan View Post
Yeah but nobody really played the series competitively until it started using assists. I haven't read anything else about mechanics in this game. Making it more like SFxT definitely sounds like a good thing to me, which I'm surprised to hear myself think.
Oh they did...you just weren't around for it. X-Men vs. Street Fighter was a god damned mess of a game once the pros got their hands on it!
Old 05-19-2017, 11:37 AM
World of Darkness Returns

Isn't it / Children of the Atom where most of the Storm and Magneto combo shenanigans came from originally anyway?
Old 05-19-2017, 11:53 AM
Come, noble knights!

Quote:
I don't know why everyone is freaking out about this...the situation was exactly the same when MVC3 dropped, and X-Men as well as Fantastic 4 characters showed up with no issue.
Because Marvel's been pushing the cinematic universe more and more in recent years and FOX having the film rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four complicates that?

I'm not freaking out over it (you could make a good fighter cast out of just Spider-Man villains if you really wanted to), but when X-Men and F4 characters are cut out of merchandise based on comic covers they had been a part of, and they've stopped making guest showings in newer cartoons, and then Marvel and Capcom announce a fighter that's based more on the MCU, there's a little cause for concern.

Doesn't have to be a whole roster announcement at once, just knowing that Wolverine or Deadpool or Dr. Doom was returning would be great.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:02 PM
Vigilante All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetManMas View Post
Because Marvel's been pushing the cinematic universe more and more in recent years and FOX having the film rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four complicates that?

I'm not freaking out over it (you could make a good fighter cast out of just Spider-Man villains if you really wanted to), but when X-Men and F4 characters are cut out of merchandise based on comic covers they had been a part of, and they've stopped making guest showings in newer cartoons, and then Marvel and Capcom announce a fighter that's based more on the MCU, there's a little cause for concern.

Doesn't have to be a whole roster announcement at once, just knowing that Wolverine or Deadpool or Dr. Doom was returning would be great.
But that push was there for MVC3 as well. Iron Fist, Rocket Raccoon, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye showed up to garner interest and knowledge. Doom, Super Skrull, Wolvie, Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, X-23, and Phoenix were there with no issue...it's not like they don't have the means to bring them back again. What, did the MOVIE licensing suddenly get tighter or some bullshit? I'm not panicking about it, and I don't think anyone else should, either.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
But that push was there for MVC3 as well. Iron Fist, Rocket Raccoon, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye showed up to garner interest and knowledge. Doom, Super Skrull, Wolvie, Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, X-23, and Phoenix were there with no issue...it's not like they don't have the means to bring them back again. What, did the MOVIE licensing suddenly get tighter or some bullshit? I'm not panicking about it, and I don't think anyone else should, either.
While you're right about MvC3, that was about six years ago, and yes, since then Marvel has been much more aggressive about deemphasizing merch/licensed material for characters they don't have the movie rights for (the most infamous example is a T-shirt based on the cover of the '80s Secret Wars, with the FF and mutant characters literally replaced by Inhumans).

So yes, this could easily go either way, but there is more reason for concern now than there was in 2011.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:57 PM

Capcom is celebrating Bionic Commando PS3/360 being released and they put a picture of nick Spencer hitting Deadpool into a rock (or a red soldier thatokks close to deadpool.) also a ton of info was leaked namely comic covers being replaced by marvel vs capcom covers. One of these covers is the venom series, the defenders, the groot solo comic, the rocket and groom one, doctor strang, and the guardians. There's more like two different Thor ones. If these are Hunt's to he characters I can definitely say I'm hyped for Venom/Groot/Starlord maybe?

Tags
capcom , fighting games , mahvel , mango sentinel , so pringles