The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 11-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Dinger!

Just to make sure that folks see it, I really wanna play Monsterhearts. Is anybody else interested?
Old 12-26-2016, 07:12 PM
Time for mandatory yoga

Oof, been a while since I posted here. Probably because I haven't been reading many RPGs the last couple months! After burning myself out on Dust and Polaris, I've been spending most of my evenings reading novels, doing chores, writing, or re-reading Strike in preparation for a game I'm starting. I did get Mutant Chronicles 3E though and I've really liked what little I've read of it - the setting really feels like Warhammer 40000 Lite ("A whole galaxy is pretty big, can we keep it down to just our solar system? And hold the xenos. And can we lighten up the grimdark a little?").

It's a game that really, really likes its shoulder pads, though. They're important in equipment lists, in the mechanics, in the fiction, and most especially in the art. Mutant Chronicles revels in its shoulder pads. It is devoted to shoulder pads. It is obsessed with its shoulder pads.

And I love it.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:09 AM
Remembers Love

My copy of Ryuutama finally arrived, and it is a very handsome book. Nice compact hardback with a lovely matte finish. And I'm increasingly convinced that single-column is the superior page layout for RPG books. Feels more welcoming.

I also like the doodles and marginalia. The manga style probably helps pull that off, but honestly, wouldn't the Player's Handbook be so much better if it had little Sergio Aragones guys running around the pages?