The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 03-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Default Ynoxinuls and neqoxecs and ufetubi, oh my! Talking about Dungeon Crawl

Nich says we need a DCSS thread. Here is a DCSS thread!
Old 03-25-2014, 04:50 PM
The Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBlasto View Post
Thanks. I already am wearing one ring of slaying, so I think I will hold off on the other. I agree with you on that one ring, and I did miss the amulet of conservation. I will probably go with that rC++ Dam+9 ring, and the conservation amulet. I do have enough to get the rCorr amulet with the stats as well, so I'll mull it over a bit.
I agree with Mogri's suggestions, but I think I'd definitely skip the rCorr amulet. The stat bonuses aren't really going to be very noticeable for your damage/evade. The rF+ Int +6 ring is more tempting for me, because that extra int actually would be pretty noticeable if you want to get any casting on the character at all. But honestly, I'd probably never really want to take off the +5 or +9 damage rings to use it even if I did have it.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:55 PM

Well I do have 27 Str already, so I can wear gold dragon armour. I only have 5 Int though.

I just hope I find some MR soon. Both Kirke and Lamia were a pain to deal with, and I got extremely lucky that I have not been banished by an Ogre Mage yet.

(The post we are discussing is here, for those who are confused )
Old 03-25-2014, 05:03 PM
Holy Swine

What about lorocyprocas and sixfirhys in the thread title, huh?

I love to play Crawl more than just about any other roguelike I've come across. Nethack is OK but I hate that I have to have the wiki open the whole time I'm playing; I really enjoy DoomRL but it feels too random to get good enough item drops to get some of the more difficult medals; Brogue is fine but the levels get a bit samey after a while. But Crawl has all the things I like: great in-game descriptions that tell you how items/enemies/spells work, neat dungeon features that keep the floors from feeling too similar, and a constant level of tension to keep me entertained.

My biggest complaint is that it's hard for a weaker player, like me, to know enough to make informed decisions, particularly about equipment etc. There's nothing in-game that says you should always raise Int for a caster and Dex otherwise, but that seems to be consensus; there's not much to tell you that an accuracy boost on a weapon is worse than a damage boost; and there's nothing that tells you when you have enough skill to wear plate mail, or when you've raised a weapon skill enough to minimize delay, etc. But it's still better than Nethack in that regard. Though I've ascended in Nethack and not in Crawl, Crawl's the one I keep coming back to.

One man's opinion. I'd love to hear any stories you guys have, especially about Pan/Hells or something else I can only dream of trying.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:12 PM

So the weapon delay thing is probably going to be revamped soon; I saw some talk on it on their forums. But for now, either look here, or follow this guideline: Every 2 skill levels drops your delay by 1. The lowest most weapons can get is 7. The weapon delay in game is displayed as a percentage, like a longsword is 140%. Just divide that by 10 to get the delay, 14. So to get minimum delay you need to drop to 7. This means you need 14 levels of weapon skill in this example. If it was 130% you still need 14 levels because it rounds up.

I agree that it isn't very intuitive when they give the % thing in the description, but then only tell you a vague "very fast, fast, slow" when you press @. Also, shield skill makes a difference for weapon speed if you are using one, and there are breakpoints for that as well.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Yes, let's feast!

The turns counter displays the duration of your last action, so that's a helpful guide, too.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:49 PM

So I'll lean on you guys for advice again. I have the same MiFi capable of going into Zot. However, I am not sold on my weapon yet, and was wondering what you guys thought of some of my gear.

The biggest thing is armour. I am currently using the the +27 Lear's hauberk, but also have Storm Dragon armour, Crystal Plate Armour, and MR egoed Plate Armour available (darn Golden Dragons didn't leave corpses on D:27) Lear's Hauberk blocks hat gloves and boots, but the only thing I'm really missing out on is gloves of strength, as my hat of sInv isn't necessary with TSO's aura. Is it worth it to switch, or should I maybe step into Zot and look for Gold Dragons?

In addition, I have yet to find anything better than my artifact morningstar. I was hoping the Profane Servitor at the end of the Crypt would have a demon whip to make a sacred scourge out of, but he had a plain whip instead.

Is slime doable with this setup? I have rCorr, and a spare large shield I can let get corroded if need be. I have heard bad things about the Tomb, and I haven't found the rune in the Abyss since they changed it to have levels. Or should I just go for the Orb? The only thing that gave me trouble was Elf:3, and that was because I let myself get overwhelmed and then had a couple of bad teleports.

As an aside, having Mennas be friendly to you is awesome!

Char Dump:
Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.13.1 (tiles) character file.

Hooly the Shatterer (Minotaur Fighter)            Turns: 102551, Time: 06:54:32

HP 224/224 (232) AC 45     Str 27      XL: 25   Next: 99%
MP  36/36        EV 18     Int  8      God: the Shining One [******]
Gold 5595        SH 57     Dex 15      Spells:  0 memorised, 24 levels left

Res.Fire  : . . .   See Invis. : +   y - +6,+8 morningstar of Accord {crush, MR++}
Res.Cold  : + + +   Warding    : .   q - +27 Lear's hauberk
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : .   w - +3 dwarf large shield {rC+}
Res.Poison: .       Res.Corr.  : .   (helmet restricted)
Res.Elec. : .       Clarity    : +   s - +2 cloak
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   (no gloves)
Res.Mut.  : .       Stasis     : .   (no boots)
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   v - amulet of Twilight {Clar +Blink Dex+2 Dam+6 SInv}
Saprovore : . . .                    Q - +2,+5 ring of slaying
                                     c - ring "Muopog" {rC++ Dam+9}

@: glowing, extraordinarily resistant to hostile enchantments, extremely
unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 2
a: Divine Shield, Cleansing Flame, Summon Divine Warrior, Renounce Religion,
Evoke Blink
}: 3/15 runes: serpentine, barnacled, silver

You are in the Ecumenical Temple.
You worship the Shining One.
the Shining One is exalted by your worship.
You are not hungry.

You have visited 10 branches of the dungeon, and seen 64 of its levels.
You have visited 2 bazaars.
You have also visited: Sewer and Wizlab.

You have collected 8527 gold pieces.
You have spent 2952 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 n - a +2,+2 morningstar of freezing
 y - the +6,+8 morningstar of Accord (weapon) {crush, MR++}
   (You found it on level 1 of the Shoals)   

It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.

It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
 B - a +3,+4 orcish whip of electrocution
Armour
 q - the +27 Lear's hauberk (worn)
   (You found it on level 5 of the Shoals)
 s - a +2 cloak (worn)
 w - a +3 dwarven large shield of cold resistance (worn)
Magical devices
 d - a wand of disintegration (3)
 h - a wand of lightning {zapped: 2}
 i - a wand of digging (16)
 C - a wand of cold
 N - a wand of fireball {zapped: 1}
 Z - a wand of teleportation (4)
Comestibles
 z - 5 bread rations
Scrolls
 k - 6 scrolls of teleportation
 F - 6 scrolls of identify
 O - 4 scrolls of fog
 S - 4 scrolls of remove curse
 V - 2 scrolls of blinking
 X - 5 scrolls of fear
Jewellery
 a - an uncursed ring of poison resistance
 c - the ring "Muopog" (left hand) {rC++ Dam+9}
   (You bought it in a shop in a bazaar)   

[ring of slaying]
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+9).
   It greatly protects you from cold.
 e - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 f - an uncursed ring of teleportation
 g - an uncursed amulet of conservation
 j - an uncursed amulet of the gourmand
 l - a cursed amulet of stasis
 m - the ring of Jewui {rElec rN+ Dex+4}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of positive energy]
   It affects your dexterity (+4).
   It insulates you from electricity.
 o - an uncursed ring of sustain abilities
 p - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
 v - the amulet of Twilight (around neck) {Clar +Blink Dex+2 Dam+6 SInv}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)   

[amulet of clarity]
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+6).
   It enhances your eyesight.
   It lets you blink.
 E - the ring of Tweol {EV+5 Dex+5 Int+3}
   (You took it off a frost giant on level 5 of the Vaults)   

[ring of evasion]
   It affects your evasion (+5).
   It affects your intelligence (+3).
   It affects your dexterity (+5).
 H - an uncursed amulet of stasis
 I - an uncursed ring of flight
 K - an uncursed ring of teleport control
 Q - a +2,+5 ring of slaying (right hand)
 R - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 T - an uncursed amulet of resist corrosion
Potions
 b - a potion of restore abilities
 r - 3 potions of heal wounds
 t - 2 potions of speed
 J - 4 potions of curing
 Y - 3 potions of might
Miscellaneous
 x - a phial of floods
 G - a fan of gales
 W - a lamp of fire

Skills:
 + Level 19.6 Fighting
 + Level 25.0 Maces & Flails
 * Level 18.3 Armour
 - Level 18.0 Dodging
 + Level 24.5 Shields
 + Level 15.6 Invocations
 * Level 15.8 Evocations

You have 24 spell levels left.
You don't know any spells.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (27/27)            Temple (1/1) D:6             Orc (4/4) D:7
    Elf (3/3) Orc:3          Lair (8/8) D:10         Shoals (5/5) Lair:5
  Snake (5/5) Lair:4        Slime (0/6) Lair:6       Vaults (5/5) D:17
  Blade (1/1) Vaults:4      Crypt (5/5) Vaults:3       Tomb (0/3) Crypt:2
    Zot (0/5) D:27        

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:7 (   D:8 ?   D:17 }*%   D:23 %((   Orc:1 ?   Orc:4 !+!*   Vaults:1 ?[%?   Vaults:2 !

Portals:
Hell: D:21 D:22 D:23 D:24 D:25 D:26 D:27
Abyss: D:25
Pandemonium: D:24 D:27
Trove: D:10 (give wand of hasting (9))

Annotations:
Snake:5 Mennas

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You reflexively headbutt those who attack you in melee.
You have a pair of horns on your head.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:22 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Tomb is less bad as a TSO worshipper, but still nothing to attempt lightly. With your rN+++, I'd at least give it a (very careful) shot. Be prepared for lots of torment and smiting, still, and switch your slaying ring for sustain abilities because death curses can cause stat loss.

Your biggest problem is your lack of resists. Don't attempt Zot without rElec -- switch your slaying ring for the rElec one. You might also want rPois as a swap, since it becomes relevant again in Zot against green draconians. You also definitely want at least one level of rF, preferably more. If you don't want to leave with a few extra limbs, rMut as a swap amulet is a very good idea, too.

By the way, have you not found anything for your head slot?
Old 03-25-2014, 11:05 PM
The Great

Yeah your fire resist is a little worrisome for Zot. It's definitely worth switching to GDA or FDA if you can. I tend to prefer using FDA, since fire is really the most important of the resists that you'd get from GDA and because FDA doesn't tank your casting or evade nearly as hard, but GDA is probably better on someone without any spells.

Slime is perfectly doable with that character, but you need to be careful and swap around your amulets as needed. Missing rMut can be pretty troublesome, but shining eyes do need direct line of sight to mutate you. You can duck behind an enemy or angel if needed. For the royal jelly, you shouldn't actually have too much trouble by just fighting it in one of the hallway chokepoints with an angel buddy.

And have you been going very deep into the Abyss? IIRC, the rune won't actually show up until you're on at least the third floor.

Also, for future reference, the secret to making Elf:3 hilariously easy is to grab a wand of digging/disintegration and bust out a couple of diagonal tunnels near the vault entrance, sort of like this:
Code:
#...#####
#...##/##
#...#/#\#
..../####
....#####
You run into the vault, scream for attention, then run back to your tunnels and stand at the \. The elves rush in, and the only one that can actually see and attack you is the one right next to you. Since they're right next to you, they're more inclined to use a melee attack than cast a spell, they'll never cast an AoE spell, and summons won't bother you. Also there ends up being a huge pile of weapons on that tile, so they usually waste time picking a greatsword or something while you smash them.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:14 PM
Set phasers to hug

You want lots of rF for Zot, mostly because orbs of fire will wreck you otherwise.

With TSO, I'd say it's kind of a wash whether Zot or Tomb will be nastier. TSO is probably the second-best god to attempt that branch with, but it's still not like with Kikubaaqudgha where Tomb is probably the easiest third rune.

All but the last floor of Slime should be highly doable for you, but the royal jelly is kind of a gargantuan dick. If you go there, don't hold back against it; you'll probably want to evoke all three of your elemental things and keep Cleansing Flame handy to boot.

SpoonyGundam, there's a part of me that finds it hilarious that Angband's anti-summoning tunnel is a good strategy in Elf:3. I wouldn't try it as a caster, though. As a minor point of amusement, the entire reason the walls of the Slime Pits were made acidic was to prevent the player from using an anti-summoning tunnel against the royal jelly.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:54 AM
The Great

I think it's much better to make use of the vault's halls as a melee character against the royal jelly, and fighting there somewhat limits the usefulness of having more than a couple summons. There will be several points along those where only three enemies can hit you at once, down to two just by having one angel along, and that's really not that bad when you've got high AC, SH (With Divine Shield raising it even more absurd levels), rCorr, and rC+++. And with how fast you'll be chewing through them with Might + Haste. That being said, evoking a Lamp of Fire down the hall is still an excellent idea just for the flame cloud damage. I usually always do Slime just for the hell of it, and my only melee characters that I remember having trouble with TRJ were low damage, low defense short blade guys that didn't get to stab him for whatever reason.

But the most amazing and most reckless way to beat TRJ is to get him out in the open, read like 3 scrolls of torment, read a scroll of immolation, then use a wand of fireball or something on a weaker slime to set off a crazy chain reaction that kills everything everywhere.

Tomb terrifies me though. I never go anywhere close to that place unless I'm doing a 15-rune game.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:18 AM

Thanks for all of the advice guys. At the very least I can currently give myself rF++ rElec or just rF+++ with other armour and rings I have, so I will do that if I go to Zot. I might try to see if I can get through slime or the abyss first, I'd like to try and find a demon whip to make a sacred scourge from, just to actually do it.

My last win was on 0.11 (3 rune CeHu) and before that was Crawl Light (3 and 5), so I have yet to really explore deeper into the Abyss to even look for that rune. I'm torn between just going for the win, and trying out some other areas for fun.

Thanks for the tip on the Elven Halls! the summons were what was destroying me, swarming behind me and disabling my escape. Once I got out, I was able to attract them up the hallway, hide around the corner, and bash their faces in when they appeared.

Edit: Just cleared Slime Pits! I just went down to the bottom as fast as I could, went into the middle corridor, summoned an Angel, used the Lamp of Fire, Divine Shield, Potion of Might, and took him out fairly easily. Ran back upstairs with slightly low life, but nothing I was worried about. Only Mutations I got were Int-2 and Slow Deterioration. I did find an Eveningstar down there, might get that blessed by TSO.

Last edited by CaptBlasto; 03-26-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 AM
The Great

I think I'd go ahead and bless the eveningstar, unless it's already got a particularly good brand. Freezing or Electrocution would be better overall unless you want to go to Pan/Hell. A sacred scourge would still be better for you, just because you've got so much +damage and the faster attack speed would take advantage of that a bit more, but eveningstars are still really great.

If you have some scrolls of brand weapon, you can try using those to see if you get anything good and just bless it if not.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Are You Sure About That?

Yeah, if you can't find a Demon-type weapon (Scourge/Blade/Trident), I'd bless the Eveningstar (barring other worthy brands as Spoony said). The TSO final brand can convert the Demon-type weapons into Blessed-types with superior stats and the Holy Wrath brand.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonyGundam View Post
I think I'd go ahead and bless the eveningstar, unless it's already got a particularly good brand. Freezing or Electrocution would be better overall unless you want to go to Pan/Hell. A sacred scourge would still be better for you, just because you've got so much +damage and the faster attack speed would take advantage of that a bit more, but eveningstars are still really great.

If you have some scrolls of brand weapon, you can try using those to see if you get anything good and just bless it if not.
I did have one brand weapon scroll, and it gave me Freezing! (it had protection before). The only thing I am worried about now is that my Artifact Morningstar I'm using has MR++ on it; without it I am only quite resistant instead of extraordinarily resistant. I cannot remember if MR is important in Zot/Abyss.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:30 AM
Are You Sure About That?

Very?
Old 03-26-2014, 11:40 AM
The Great

You'll definitely want to keep the morningstar around to swap to when you fight liches or anything else with potentially nasty effects. If you aren't sure if you need it, examining the enemy will tell you the monster's possible spells and you can decide based on that.

Be careful if you go to the abyss though. You're probably not going to have any trouble dealing with the normal enemies as you explore, but some of the rune vaults can be very nasty, so don't get complacent. Don't go any farther than floor 3.

Last edited by SpoonyGundam; 03-26-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:59 PM

Heck yea.

Code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.13.1 (tiles) character file.

1817309 Hooly the Skullcrusher (level 27, 140/256 (264) HPs)
             Began as a Minotaur Fighter on Mar 25, 2014.
             Was the Champion of the Shining One.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 4 runes on Mar 26, 2014!

The game lasted 08:15:17 (117530 turns).

Hooly the Skullcrusher (Minotaur Fighter)         Turns: 117530, Time: 08:15:17

HP 140/256 (264) AC 41     Str 27 (28) XL: 27
MP  37/37        EV 12     Int  7      God: the Shining One [******]
Gold 6526        SH 60     Dex 17      Spells:  0 memorised, 26 levels left

Res.Fire  : + + +   See Invis. : +   y - +6,+8 morningstar of Accord {crush, MR++}
Res.Cold  : + + +   Warding    : .   L - +6 gold dragon armour
Life Prot.: + + +   Conserve   : +   w - +3 dwarf large shield {rC+}
Res.Poison: +       Res.Corr.  : .   x - +2 cap {SInv}
Res.Elec. : +       Clarity    : .   s - +1 cloak
Sust.Abil.: . .     Spirit.Shd : .   u - +2 pair of elf gauntlets {Str+3}
Res.Mut.  : .       Stasis     : .   A - +1 pair of dwarf boots
Res.Rott. : .       Flight     : .   g - amulet of conservation
Saprovore : . . .                    m - ring of Jewui {rElec rN+ Dex+4}
                                     c - ring "Muopog" {rC++ Dam+9}

@: glowing, very slow, extraordinarily resistant to hostile enchantments,
extremely unstealthy
A: retaliatory headbutt, horns 2, deterioration 1, fire resistance 2, fast
metabolism 1, slowness 2, slow healing 1, Str -2, Int -2
a: Divine Shield, Cleansing Flame, Summon Divine Warrior, Renounce Religion
}: 4/15 runes: serpentine, barnacled, slimy, silver

You escaped.
You worshipped the Shining One.
the Shining One was exalted by your worship.
You were not hungry.

You visited 12 branches of the dungeon, and saw 75 of its levels.
You visited 2 bazaars.
You also visited: Sewer and Wizlab.

You collected 10208 gold pieces.
You spent 3702 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand weapons
 y - the +6,+8 morningstar of Accord (weapon) {crush, MR++}
   (You found it on level 1 of the Shoals)   

It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.

It affects your resistance to hostile enchantments.
 M - a +3,+2 eveningstar of freezing
Armour
 s - a +1 cloak (worn)
 u - a +2 pair of elven gauntlets of strength (worn)
 w - a +3 dwarven large shield of cold resistance (worn)
 x - a +2 cap of see invisible (worn)
 A - a +1 pair of dwarven boots (worn)
 L - a +6 gold dragon armour (worn)
Magical devices
 d - a wand of disintegration (0)
 h - a wand of lightning (6)
 i - a wand of digging (4)
 C - a wand of cold (7)
 N - a wand of fireball (3)
 Z - a wand of teleportation (4)
Comestibles
 z - 4 bread rations
Scrolls
 k - 4 scrolls of teleportation
 F - 4 scrolls of identify
 O - 2 scrolls of fog
 S - 5 scrolls of remove curse
 V - 2 scrolls of blinking
 X - 4 scrolls of fear
Jewellery
 a - an uncursed ring of poison resistance
 c - the ring "Muopog" (left hand) {rC++ Dam+9}
   (You bought it in a shop in a bazaar)   

[ring of slaying]
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+9).
   It greatly protects you from cold.
 e - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 f - an uncursed ring of teleportation
 g - an amulet of conservation (around neck)
 j - an uncursed amulet of the gourmand
 l - an uncursed ring of protection from magic
 m - the ring of Jewui (right hand) {rElec rN+ Dex+4}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)   

[ring of positive energy]
   It affects your dexterity (+4).
   It insulates you from electricity.
 o - an uncursed ring of sustain abilities
 v - the amulet of Twilight {Clar +Blink Dex+2 Dam+6 SInv}
   (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)   

[amulet of clarity]
   It affects your dexterity (+2).
   It affects your damage-dealing abilities (+6).
   It enhances your eyesight.
   It lets you blink.
 H - an uncursed amulet of stasis
 I - an uncursed ring of flight
 K - an uncursed ring of teleport control
 Q - a +2,+5 ring of slaying
 R - an uncursed ring of protection from fire
 T - an uncursed amulet of resist corrosion
Potions
 b - 3 potions of restore abilities
 t - a potion of speed
 J - 2 potions of curing
 Y - 2 potions of might
Orbs of Power
 n - the Orb of Zot
Miscellaneous
 p - an ornate deck of defence {Solitude}
 D - a phial of floods
 G - a fan of gales
 P - an ornate deck of defence {the Shadow}
 W - a lamp of fire

Skills:
 + Level 23.5 Fighting
 O Level 27 Maces & Flails
 + Level 21.2 Armour
 - Level 18.0 Dodging
 O Level 27 Shields
 + Level 16.0 Invocations
 + Level 16.3 Evocations

You had 26 spell levels left.
You didn't know any spells.

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (27/27)            Temple (1/1) D:6             Orc (4/4) D:7
    Elf (3/3) Orc:3          Lair (8/8) D:10         Shoals (5/5) Lair:5
  Snake (5/5) Lair:4        Slime (6/6) Lair:6       Vaults (5/5) D:17
  Blade (1/1) Vaults:4      Crypt (5/5) Vaults:3       Tomb (0/3) Crypt:2
    Zot (5/5) D:27        

Altars:
Ashenzari
Cheibriados
Elyvilon
Fedhas
Kikubaaqudgha
Makhleb
Nemelex Xobeh
Okawaru
Sif Muna
Trog
Vehumet
Xom
Yredelemnul
Zin
the Shining One
Beogh
Jiyva

Shops:
D:7 (   D:8 ?   D:17 }*%   D:23 %((   Orc:1 ?   Orc:4 !+!*   Vaults:1 ?[%?   Vaults:2 !

Portals:
Hell: D:21 D:22 D:23 D:24 D:25 D:26 D:27
Abyss: D:25
Pandemonium: D:24 D:27
Trove: D:10 (give wand of hasting (9))

Annotations:
Snake:5 Mennas

Innate Abilities, Weirdness & Mutations

You reflexively headbutt those who attack you in melee.
You have a pair of horns on your head.
Your body is slowly deteriorating.
You are dopey. (Int -2)
Your flesh is very heat resistant.
You have a fast metabolism.
You cover ground very slowly.
You heal slowly.
You are weak. (Str -2)

Message History

You block the sixfirhy's attack. The sixfirhy closely misses you. The sixfirhy hits you! The sixfirhy shocks you. You resist.
An Orb Guardian comes into view.
The Orb Guardian hits you but does no damage.
You block the sixfirhy's attack. You block the Orb Guardian's attack. The sixfirhy hits you! The sixfirhy shocks you. You resist.
The Orb Guardian hits you but does no damage.
You block the Orb Guardian's attack.
You block the Orb Guardian's attack. Some rock shatters into small pieces.
You block the sixfirhy's attack.
The sixfirhy hits you but does no damage.
The cacodemon gestures at the sixfirhy.
Some rock shatters into small pieces.
You block the Orb Guardian's attack.
The sixfirhy barely misses you. You block the sixfirhy's attack. You block the sixfirhy's attack. You block the sixfirhy's attack.
Some rock shatters into small pieces. The sixfirhy hits you. The sixfirhy shocks you. You resist.
Some rock shatters into small pieces.
There is a staircase leading out of the dungeon here.
You block the Orb Guardian's attack. You block the orange demon's attack. You block the Orb Guardian's attack.
You have escaped!

################
      #...(..........#
     ##.#.######.###.#
######....######.# #.#
#......#......##.###.##
#.####)(..###.#.......#            ###
#.#  ##.#.# #.#..###..#    #########..
#.#####%#.# #.#..# #..#    #..........
#.##......# #.#..# #..######.#######.#
#.##.###.#######.# #..##.............#
#.##.###.##..#..@###....)..#.#........
#.###..#.#.##.#X4#................###.
#..##.˜˜#.#˜˜###42###........#.##.# #.
####.#.˜#§###.#4..###....%..##.##.# #.
   #....˜§§#.#...#................# #.
   #..##.####.#..####.......##.##.# #.
   ######..#.#...####........#.##.# #.
   ##.#..##..#˜.[#.##.............# #.
   #.#.##.##.##...###........#.##.###.
   #.#.#..###.#..#...........#........
   ###.#.###.....##..#######..........
   ##.##.#..#..#...###     #.###.#####
   #..#.##.......###       #.# #.#
   #.#.........###         #.# #.#
   ##.˜4.......§§#         #.# #.#

You could see a cacodemon, an Orb Guardian, 2 orange demons and a sixfirhy.

Vanquished Creatures
  the royal jelly (Slime:6)
  4 orbs of fire
  3 ancient liches (Zot:5)
  A pandemonium lord (D:15)
  Saint Roka (D:25)
  Boris (Crypt:1)
  The ghost of Kobe Bryant III the Imperceptible, a great KoBe of Trog (D:27)
  Sojobo (Crypt:1)
  Norris (Snake:2)
  Lamia (Snake:2)
  2 Killer Klowns
  2 curse toes
  13 golden dragons
  A profane servitor (Crypt:5)
  Xtahua (Crypt:1)
  2 electric golems (Zot:5)
  3 bone dragons
  17 tentacled monstrosities
  25 Orb Guardians
  A Hell Sentinel (D:27)
  2 deep elf master archers (Elf:3)
  An Executioner (D:27)
  4 titans
  An acid blob (shapeshifter) (D:27)
  2 deep elf blademasters (Elf:3)
  2 Shadow Fiends
  13 acid blobs
  6 liches
  An eldritch tentacle (Zot:1)
  21 storm dragons
  Polyphemus (Shoals:2)
  A kraken (Shoals:2)
  A quicksilver dragon (Vaults:5)
  4 sphinxes
  Rupert (Lair:2)
  Agnes (Crypt:2)
  9 tengu reavers
  7 ancient champions
  Frances (Shoals:5)
  8 shadow dragons
  Kirke (Snake:1)
  2 revenants
  An azure jelly (shapeshifter) (D:24)
  2 draconian monks
  3 draconian knights
  5 deep elf sorcerers (Elf:3)
  11 frost giants
  15 azure jellies
  2 ghost moths
  Donald (Snake:1)
  An iron dragon (D:27)
  7 fire giants
  The ghost of Bartok I the Severer, a powerful MiBe of Trog (Orc:4)
  12 vault wardens
  3 draconian scorchers
  9 ghouls (Crypt:5)
  Aizul (Snake:1)
  Louise (Elf:1)
  A fire giant (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  6 curse skulls
  3 draconian zealots
  Gastronok (D:9)
  A balrug (Zot:5)
  Jorgrun (D:23)
  4 draconian annihilators
  2 draconian shifters
  53 stone giants
  12 greater nagas (Snake:5)
  4 grey draconians
  2 vampire knights
  A draconian caller (Zot:3)
  14 eidola
  9 deep elf demonologists
  3 red draconians
  2 black draconians
  3 green draconians
  2 blizzard demons
  6 white draconians
  2 green deaths
  7 purple draconians
  2 unborn (Crypt:5)
  4 mottled draconians
  7 pale draconians
  2 yellow draconians (Zot:3)
  8 deep elf annihilators
  3 merfolk javelineers (Shoals:5)
  33 vault guards
  13 ettins
  11 deep elf death magi
  5 jiangshi
  A mummy priest (Crypt:5)
  6 merfolk impalers (Shoals:5)
  10 sirens
  12 dragons
  8 ironheart preservers
  8 salamanders (Snake:5)
  A deep elf high priest (Elf:3)
  3 death oozes
  5 merfolk aquamancers
  A ravenous item mimic (Elf:3)
  45 yaktaur captains
  6 death cobs
  5 great orbs of eyes
  Harold (D:15)
  An anaconda (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  10 hydras
  A ravenous feature mimic (Vaults:4)
  Nessos (Orc:3)
  12 ogre magi
  9 ice dragons
  21 dancing weapons
  Erica (Shoals:1)
  7 deep troll shamans
  2 alligator snapping turtles (Shoals:1)
  16 anacondas
  5 deep troll earth magi
  A rakshasa (D:15)
  4 deep dwarf death knights
  22 centaur warriors
  2 vampire magi
  7 spectral elves
  5 plague shamblers (Crypt:5)
  A spectral storm dragon (Crypt:2)
  11 naga warriors
  A very ugly thing (D:23)
  2 alligators (Shoals:1)
  14 death yaks
  3 fire crabs
  A hell knight (D:26)
  An orc high priest (Vaults:4)
  A storm dragon zombie (Crypt:5)
  The ghost of Rocksteady the Geomancer, an experienced GrEE of Ashenzari (D:10)
  22 deep elf knights
  2 catoblepae
  47 skeletal warriors
  6 shadow wraiths
  2 sun demons (Elf:3)
  5 soul eaters
  An iron golem (D:16)
  A titan skeleton (Vaults:5)
  7 iron trolls
  26 deep trolls
  A giant orange brain (Vaults:5)
  2 storm dragon skeletons
  22 sea snakes
  3 hell beasts
  A giant orange brain (shapeshifter) (D:26)
  17 giant amoebae
  A swamp dragon (Zot:4)
  An ice statue (D:25)
  An anaconda skeleton (Crypt:3)
  A golden dragon skeleton (Crypt:3)
  11 unseen horrors
  22 hill giants
  8 deep elf conjurers
  6 necromancers
  A sphinx zombie (Crypt:4)
  41 orc knights
  A crystal golem (Vaults:4)
  5 flaming corpses
  Joseph (Lair:1)
  17 flayed ghosts
  8 griffons
  3 red wasps
  4 wolf spider zombies
  A human (D:13)
  2 spectral ice dragons (Crypt:2)
  15 stone giant zombies
  24 harpies
  2 oklob plants
  3 frost giant zombies
  30 phantasmal warriors
  9 wolf spiders
  A moth of wrath (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  A spectral giant amoeba (Crypt:1)
  16 cyclopes
  8 orc sorcerers
  2 shining eyes (shapeshifter)
  A draconian zombie (Zot:5)
  10 spiny worms
  5 shining eyes
  3 spectral dragons (Crypt:2)
  13 ironbrand convokers
  17 moths of wrath
  2 stone golems (WizLab)
  4 fire giant skeletons
  Maurice (D:8)
  A frost giant skeleton (D:23)
  13 vault sentinels
  34 black mambas
  3 eyes of devastation
  7 guardian serpents (Snake:5)
  16 stone giant skeletons
  3 sixfirhies
  11 deep elf summoners
  A red wasp (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  14 spiny frogs
  A red draconian zombie (Crypt:1)
  2 dire elephant skeletons
  Psyche (Orc:2)
  5 orange demons
  A green draconian zombie (Zot:5)
  A redback zombie (Vaults:1)
  2 smoke demons (Elf:3)
  An ancient bear zombie (Crypt:1)
  2 feature mimics
  A brown ooze (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  A small abomination (Elf:3)
  An iron devil (Elf:1)
  An anaconda simulacrum (Crypt:4)
  22 naga magi
  A satyr skeleton (Crypt:3)
  10 mermaids
  A hellwing (Elf:3)
  4 iron troll zombies
  A yaktaur (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  2 fire drakes (Lair:4)
  87 yaktaurs
  3 guardian mummies
  A demonic crawler (Elf:3)
  A queen bee (shapeshifter) (D:20)
  8 komodo dragons
  An alligator snapping turtle skeleton (Crypt:1)
  A mermaid (shapeshifter) (D:26)
  A yellow draconian skeleton (Crypt:4)
  A spriggan (shapeshifter) (Vaults:2)
  13 two-headed ogres
  12 deep elf priests
  A hydra zombie (D:17)
  3 polar bears
  A polar bear (shapeshifter) (D:15)
  A blue devil (Vaults:4)
  Sonja (Orc:2)
  7 iron troll skeletons
  11 trolls
  3 giant leeches (Lair:8)
  A komodo dragon (shapeshifter) (D:18)
  3 red devils
  A giant amoeba zombie (Crypt:4)
  A frost giant simulacrum (Crypt:3)
  A giant firefly (shapeshifter) (Vaults:3)
  4 silent spectres
  A griffon zombie (D:12)
  10 boulder beetles
  A wind drake (Zot:3)
  2 hydra skeletons
  A raven (shapeshifter) (D:21)
  66 slime creatures
  A snapping turtle (shapeshifter) (D:24)
  3 jumping spiders
  A sphinx simulacrum (Vaults:1)
  A black mamba zombie (Crypt:4)
  A harpy skeleton (Crypt:3)
  A grizzly bear (Lair:7)
  2 stone giant simulacra
  88 ugly things
  2 ravens (Shoals:1)
  17 brown oozes
  An ice dragon zombie (Crypt:4)
  A wind drake (shapeshifter) (D:17)
  13 blink frogs
  A trapdoor spider (D:17)
  3 basilisks
  2 red wasp zombies
  19 snapping turtles
  3 ettin zombies
  A spectral wind drake (Crypt:5)
  25 flying skulls
  6 shadows
  A griffon skeleton (Crypt:2)
  A water nymph zombie (Crypt:4)
  3 ettin skeletons
  4 tarantellas
  4 wyverns
  17 redbacks
  20 water elementals
  4 vampires
  2 redbacks (shapeshifter)
  A shapeshifter (D:23)
  A spectral giant firefly (Crypt:2)
  114 yaks
  An elephant slug (Lair:8)
  4 air elementals (Crypt:1)
  A yak (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  28 deep elf magi
  A dragon skeleton (Crypt:1)
  3 wind drake zombies (Crypt:5)
  18 sharks
  Eustachio (D:6)
  A golden eye (shapeshifter) (D:18)
  4 hogs (Snake:1)
  16 hippogriffs
  12 hungry ghosts
  A chaos spawn (D:22)
  21 wraiths
  A neqoxec (D:25)
  A spiny worm zombie (D:20)
  Grum (Orc:1)
  2 giant firefly zombies
  37 deep elf fighters
  A ynoxinul (D:15)
  3 clay golems
  3 hill giant skeletons
  17 golden eyes
  A harpy simulacrum (Crypt:5)
  22 wolves
  3 rock worms
  47 merfolk
  A wind drake skeleton (Crypt:4)
  Edmund (D:6)
  A redback simulacrum (Vaults:1)
  29 vampire mosquitoes
  A soldier ant (shapeshifter) (D:20)
  2 deep troll zombies
  2 hell hounds (D:13)
  2 soldier ants
  20 manticores
  2 hippogriffs (shapeshifter)
  16 necrophages
  85 orc warriors
  An orange crystal statue (D:10)
  4 deep troll skeletons
  5 mottled dragons
  7 raven skeletons (Crypt:5)
  A swamp drake (Zot:3)
  A kobold demonologist (D:17)
  17 ice beasts
  A mottled dragon (shapeshifter) (D:16)
  8 porcupines
  A black bear (shapeshifter) (Vaults:1)
  4 sky beasts
  30 freezing wraiths
  A giant amoeba simulacrum (Crypt:4)
  82 nagas
  A yellow wasp (D:16)
  5 phantoms
  4 rotting devils
  39 ogres
  6 giant goldfish
  7 big kobolds
  A lost soul (Crypt:5)
  Sigmund (D:6)
  Duvessa (D:8)
  15 crocodiles
  A giant slug (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  2 yaktaur zombies
  A brain worm (D:20)
  38 centaurs
  11 giant slugs
  A gnoll sergeant (D:9)
  A deep troll simulacrum (Crypt:1)
  12 wargs
  A giant slug zombie (D:17)
  A wyvern zombie (D:14)
  Blork the orc (D:6)
  2 boring beetles (D:24)
  27 giant frogs
  A silver statue (D:10)
  3 yaktaur skeletons
  A cyclops zombie (D:16)
  7 agate snails
  43 water moccasins
  A cyclops skeleton (Crypt:1)
  A manticore skeleton (D:10)
  2 boulder beetle zombies
  7 eyes of draining
  A grizzly bear zombie (Crypt:5)
  35 killer bees
  12 wights
  6 electric eels
  An eye of draining (shapeshifter) (D:23)
  A yak zombie (D:15)
  A yak skeleton (D:11)
  A hippogriff skeleton (Crypt:4)
  10 jellyfish
  A polar bear skeleton (Crypt:2)
  A troll skeleton (D:12)
  A pulsating lump (shapeshifter) (D:22)
  Dowan (D:8)
  2 wolf skeletons
  10 crimson imps
  A spider (D:12)
  A yellow wasp zombie (Crypt:1)
  10 goliath beetles
  16 lava snakes
  4 quasits
  39 orc priests
  13 big fish
  Crazy Yiuf (D:6)
  3 giant frog skeletons
  2 black bear skeletons
  14 hounds
  13 jellies
  A giant slug simulacrum (D:16)
  A basilisk skeleton (Crypt:2)
  7 iguanas
  A scorpion (shapeshifter) (Vaults:5)
  12 worker ants
  A centaur skeleton (D:11)
  An elf skeleton (Crypt:3)
  16 orange rats
  4 scorpions
  4 boulder beetle simulacra
  35 orc wizards
  A wolf simulacrum (Crypt:5)
  24 sheep
  2 mottled dragon zombies
  A mottled dragon skeleton (D:17)
  A gnome skeleton (Crypt:4)
  2 big kobold skeletons
  4 boggarts (D:17)
  A tengu skeleton (Crypt:1)
  A naga zombie (Crypt:3)
  A hound skeleton (D:5)
  16 mummies
  60 adders
  8 gnolls
  6 lemures
  7 giant mites
  3 giant centipedes
  15 green rats
  3 shadow imps
  3 white imps (D:25)
  A goliath beetle zombie (Crypt:2)
  8 ufetubi
  4 worms
  A halfling zombie (Crypt:2)
  An iguana zombie (D:5)
  2 adder skeletons
  3 grey rats (Sewer)
  9 giant eyeballs
  9 giant geckos
  5 oozes
  262 orcs
  4 ball pythons
  22 bats
  11 giant cockroaches
  28 goblins
  27 hobgoblins
  60 kobolds
  13 quokkas
  A giant gecko skeleton (D:4)
  4 giant newts
  A giant newt skeleton (D:5)
  2 giant spores
  2 hobgoblin zombies
  2 illusory rakshasas (D:15)
  21 jackals
  A kobold skeleton (D:6)
  A kobold zombie (D:5)
  A lava orc skeleton (Crypt:2)
  An orc skeleton (D:5)
  25 rats
  A rat skeleton (D:4)
  A spectral orc (D:3)
  9 ballistomycetes
  2 butterflies (D:24)
  5 crawling corpses (Elf:3)
  A fungus (Elf:3)
  14 plants
  4 tentacles (Shoals:2)
  14 toadstools (WizLab)
3840 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (collateral kills)
  A Brimstone Fiend (D:21)
  Ilsuiw (Shoals:5)
  A deep elf annihilator (Elf:3)
  2 merfolk javelineers (Shoals:5)
  A white draconian (Zot:5)
  2 merfolk impalers (Shoals:5)
  A shining eye (Slime:1)
  2 orange demons
  A mermaid (Shoals:5)
  A blue devil (D:20)
  An iron devil (D:21)
  A shark (Shoals:5)
  2 ugly things (D:14)
  2 merfolk (Shoals:5)
  2 water elementals (Shoals:5)
  A golden eye (Slime:1)
  An eye of draining (Slime:1)
  An ufetubus (D:21)
24 creatures vanquished.

Vanquished Creatures (others)
  2 daevas (Elf:3)
  A tengu reaver (Crypt:1)
  A greater naga (Snake:5)
  An angel (Slime:6)
  A death cob (Zot:3)
  An anaconda (Snake:5)
  Erolcha (D:9)
  3 harpies (Shoals:5)
  3 air elementals (Zot:5)
  A yaktaur (D:23)
  3 fire elementals
  A chimera (Slime:4)
  A deep elf mage (Elf:1)
  3 nagas
  9 lost souls
  A hippogriff zombie (D:14)
  An electric eel (D:15)
  An orc wizard (D:9)
  An orange rat (Elf:3)
  An orc (D:9)
  A kobold (D:8)
  A giant spore (D:9)
  29 eldritch tentacle segments (Zot:1)
  4 fungi (Lair:8)
  6 plants
  15 tentacles (Shoals:2)
  72 tentacle segments (Shoals:2)
  A toadstool (WizLab)
166 creatures vanquished.

Grand Total: 4030 creatures vanquished

Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | Hooly, the Minotaur Fighter, began the quest for the Orb.
     0 | D:1      | Reached XP level 1. HP: 19/19 MP: 0/0
   236 | D:1      | Reached skill level 4 in Shields
   236 | D:1      | Reached XP level 2. HP: 26/26 MP: 0/0
   720 | D:2      | Reached XP level 3. HP: 31/33 MP: 1/1
  1264 | D:2      | Reached XP level 4. HP: 38/40 MP: 1/1
  1427 | D:3      | Reached skill level 1 in Dodging
  1739 | D:3      | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  1827 | D:3      | Found a sparkling altar of Nemelex Xobeh.
  2005 | D:3      | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
  2143 | D:3      | Reached XP level 5. HP: 46/46 MP: 1/1
  2218 | D:4      | Noticed a centaur
  2228 | D:4      | Killed a centaur
  2234 | D:4      | Paralysed by a potion of paralysis for 3 turns
  2509 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Armour
  2640 | D:3      | Reached XP level 6. HP: 49/53 MP: 2/2
  2886 | D:4      | Reached skill level 5 in Shields
  3404 | D:5      | Entered Level 5 of the Dungeon
  3660 | D:5      | Reached XP level 7. HP: 57/60 MP: 2/2
  4022 | D:5      | Gained mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [potion of beneficial mutation]
  4434 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  4724 | D:5      | Reached skill level 5 in Maces & Flails
  4977 | D:6      | Reached skill level 6 in Armour
  5088 | D:6      | Found a glowing drain.
  5116 | D:6      | Reached XP level 8. HP: 63/68 MP: 2/2
  5129 | Sewer    | Entered a sewer
  5264 | Sewer    | Found a white marble altar of Elyvilon.
  5414 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging
  5557 | D:6      | Noticed Blork the orc
  5579 | D:6      | Killed Blork the orc
  5618 | D:6      | Noticed Crazy Yiuf
  5626 | D:6      | Killed Crazy Yiuf
  5676 | D:6      | Noticed Edmund
  5689 | D:6      | Killed Edmund
  5795 | D:6      | Noticed Sigmund
  5813 | D:6      | Killed Sigmund
  6055 | D:6      | Reached skill level 7 in Armour
  6288 | D:6      | Found a staircase to the Ecumenical Temple.
  6305 | Temple   | Entered the Ecumenical Temple
  6368 | Temple   | Became a worshipper of the Shining One
  6685 | D:7      | Found Mnu Maa's Weapon Emporium.
  6690 | D:7      | Found a staircase to the Orcish Mines.
  6758 | D:6      | Reached XP level 9. HP: 47/74 MP: 3/3
  6905 | D:7      | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
  7100 | D:7      | Noticed Eustachio
  7193 | D:6      | Reached skill level 8 in Shields
  7195 | D:6      | Killed Eustachio
  7502 | D:7      | Got an iridescent dagger
  7531 | D:7      | Identified the dagger "Ninaoc" {flame, -Cast +Blink rN+ Int+3 SInv} (You found it on level 7 of the Dungeon)
  8044 | D:8      | Found Klahaimn's Magic Scroll Emporium.
  8049 | D:8      | Reached skill level 9 in Shields
  8117 | D:8      | Noticed Maurice
  8363 | D:8      | Killed Maurice
  8602 | D:8      | Noticed Duvessa
  8602 | D:8      | Noticed Dowan
  8607 | D:8      | Killed Duvessa
  8607 | D:8      | Reached XP level 10. HP: 83/83 MP: 4/4
  8731 | D:8      | Killed Dowan
  9138 | D:8      | Reached skill level 1 in Evocations
 10082 | D:9      | Acquired the Shining One's first power
 10114 | D:9      | Reached skill level 10 in Shields
 10118 | D:9      | Noticed Gastronok
 10122 | D:9      | Killed Erolcha
 10167 | D:9      | The Shining One protects you from harm!
 10170 | D:9      | Killed Gastronok
 10754 | D:10     | Entered Level 10 of the Dungeon
 10754 | D:10     | Noticed Rocksteady's ghost (experienced GrEE)
 10837 | D:10     | Noticed a hill giant
 10845 | D:10     | Killed a hill giant
 10845 | D:10     | Reached skill level 11 in Shields
 10953 | D:10     | Reached XP level 11. HP: 58/91 MP: 5/5
 11360 | D:10     | Noticed an unseen horror
 11363 | D:10     | Killed an unseen horror
 11365 | D:10     | Found a staircase to the Lair.
 11406 | D:10     | Noticed a vault guard
 11437 | D:10     | Killed a vault guard
 11437 | D:10     | Reached skill level 10 in Armour
 11509 | D:10     | Acquired the Shining One's second power
 11610 | D:10     | Found a portal to a secret trove of treasure.
 11678 | D:10     | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 12179 | D:10     | Killed Rocksteady's ghost
 12179 | D:10     | Reached skill level 10 in Maces & Flails
 12406 | D:10     | Reached skill level 12 in Shields
 12580 | D:10     | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 12872 | D:11     | Identified the Catalogue of Twisted Calling
 13114 | D:11     | Reached skill level 1 in Invocations
 13447 | D:9      | Noticed a centaur warrior
 13561 | D:9      | Killed a centaur warrior
 13606 | D:8      | Bought a scroll of enchant armour for 88 gold pieces
 13771 | D:10     | Reached XP level 12. HP: 86/100 MP: 8/8
 14196 | D:11     | Noticed a giant amoeba
 14210 | D:11     | Killed a giant amoeba
 15389 | D:12     | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
 15872 | D:13     | Reached skill level 13 in Shields
 16393 | D:13     | Lost mutation: Your muscles are strong. (Str +2) [potion of cure mutation]
 16777 | D:14     | Entered Level 14 of the Dungeon
 17731 | D:14     | Noticed an eight-headed hydra
 17743 | D:14     | Killed an eight-headed hydra
 17890 | D:14     | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
 17918 | D:14     | Reached XP level 13. HP: 54/108 MP: 15/15
 18379 | D:15     | Entered Level 15 of the Dungeon
 18439 | D:14     | Acquired the Shining One's third power
 18912 | D:15     | Noticed Harold
 18925 | D:15     | Killed Harold
 20106 | D:16     | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
 20160 | D:16     | Reached skill level 14 in Shields
 20679 | D:16     | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
 21281 | D:16     | Acquired the Shining One's fourth power
 21937 | D:17     | Found Zeapeg's General Store.
 22851 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
 23072 | Lair:1   | Noticed Joseph
 23088 | Lair:1   | Killed Joseph
 23513 | Lair:2   | Reached XP level 14. HP: 110/118 MP: 19/19
 23530 | Lair:2   | Identified a scroll of acquirement
 24247 | Lair:3   | Noticed Rupert
 24314 | Lair:2   | Killed Rupert
 25770 | Lair:4   | Got a pitted sabre
 25815 | Lair:4   | Identified the sabre of Drought {slice, +Rage rPois Int+1} (You found it on level 4 of the Lair of Beasts)
 26122 | Lair:4   | Found a staircase to the Snake Pit.
 26513 | Lair:5   | Found a staircase to the Shoals.
 28060 | Lair:6   | Found a staircase to the Slime Pits.
 28079 | Lair:6   | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
 28733 | Lair:7   | Reached skill level 15 in Shields
 29721 | Lair:8   | Entered Level 8 of the Lair of Beasts
 30239 | Lair:8   | Reached XP level 15. HP: 106/127 MP: 23/23
 30316 | Lair:8   | Got a bloodstained ring mail
 31857 | Temple   | Identified the cursed -3 ring mail of Taso {rC+} (You found it on level 8 of the Lair of Beasts)
 32059 | D:10     | Got a bloodstained battleaxe
 32148 | Temple   | Identified the battleaxe "Murmur" {chop, rPois} (You found it on level 10 of the Dungeon)
 32275 | Orc:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Orcish Mines
 32317 | Orc:1    | Noticed Grum
 32331 | Orc:1    | Killed Grum
 32359 | Orc:1    | Found Elluqick's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
 32452 | Orc:1    | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 32986 | Orc:2    | Noticed Psyche
 32993 | Orc:2    | Killed Psyche
 33043 | Orc:2    | Noticed Sonja
 33051 | Orc:2    | Killed Sonja
 33324 | Orc:3    | Found a staircase to the Elven Halls.
 33481 | Orc:3    | Found a glowing silver altar of Zin.
 33553 | Orc:3    | Noticed Nessos
 33641 | Orc:3    | Killed Nessos
 34328 | Orc:4    | Entered Level 4 of the Orcish Mines
 34517 | Orc:4    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 34794 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 16 in Shields
 34893 | Orc:4    | Noticed Bartok I's ghost (powerful MiBe)
 34914 | Orc:4    | Killed Bartok I's ghost
 34914 | Orc:4    | Reached skill level 15 in Maces & Flails
 35350 | Orc:4    | Found Zabbuob's Distillery.
 35350 | Orc:4    | Found Braabeg's Book Emporium.
 35382 | Orc:4    | Bought a potion of poison for 15 gold pieces
 35382 | Orc:4    | Bought a potion of blood for 15 gold pieces
 35925 | Orc:4    | Found Iwujalyo's Distillery.
 35925 | Orc:4    | Found Motat's General Store.
 35960 | Orc:4    | Bought a potion of berserk rage for 36 gold pieces
 36027 | Orc:4    | Found a roughly hewn altar of Beogh.
 36767 | D:17     | Found Cheaqaz's Gadget Emporium.
 37086 | D:17     | Found Pheis' Food Emporium.
 37298 | D:17     | Found a staircase to the Vaults.
 37305 | D:17     | Reached skill level 10 in Invocations
 37785 | D:18     | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
 38156 | D:18     | Reached XP level 16. HP: 137/137 MP: 25/25
 38336 | D:18     | Found a burning altar of Makhleb.
 39828 | D:20     | Entered Level 20 of the Dungeon
 41819 | D:21     | Found a gateway to Hell.
 43397 | D:22     | Got a brightly glowing ivory amulet
 43710 | D:22     | Found a shimmering altar of Xom.
 43900 | D:22     | Noticed a storm dragon
 43921 | D:22     | HP: 3/139 [storm dragon/bolt of lightning (34)]
 43923 | D:22     | The Shining One protects you from harm!
 44037 | D:22     | Reached skill level 17 in Maces & Flails
 44482 | D:22     | Identified the amulet "Hausiol" {Spirit rF+} (You found it on level 22 of the Dungeon)
 45069 | Snake:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Snake Pit
 45090 | Snake:1  | Noticed Kirke
 45530 | Snake:1  | Killed Kirke
 45530 | Snake:1  | Reached XP level 17. HP: 147/147 MP: 27/27
 45679 | Snake:1  | Found a shattered altar of Ashenzari.
 46427 | Snake:1  | Noticed Donald
 46444 | Snake:1  | Killed Donald
 46505 | Snake:1  | Noticed Aizul
 46529 | Snake:1  | Killed Aizul
 47302 | Snake:2  | Noticed Norris
 47340 | Snake:2  | Killed Norris
 47340 | Snake:2  | Reached skill level 15 in Dodging
 47490 | Snake:2  | Noticed Lamia
 47545 | Snake:2  | Killed Lamia
 47545 | Snake:2  | Reached skill level 5 in Evocations
 49537 | Snake:4  | Found a flickering gateway to a bazaar.
 49551 | Bazaar   | Entered a bazaar
 49564 | Bazaar   | Found Buisugyf's Jewellery Shoppe.
 49564 | Bazaar   | Found Ache's Armour Shoppe.
 49600 | Bazaar   | Found Fihunn's Antique Weapon Emporium.
 49600 | Bazaar   | Found Tript's Jewellery Emporium.
 49781 | Bazaar   | Bought the ring "Muopog" {rC++ Dam+9} for 1932 gold pieces
 49782 | Bazaar   | Bought an uncursed amulet of conservation for 275 gold pieces
 49803 | Bazaar   | Bought a cursed -2 ring of protection for 18 gold pieces
 49803 | Bazaar   | Bought a cursed ring of hunger for 18 gold pieces
 50969 | Snake:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Snake Pit
 52051 | Snake:5  | Noticed Mennas
 53325 | Snake:5  | Reached XP level 18. HP: 86/157 MP: 29/29
 54292 | Snake:5  | Reached skill level 18 in Shields
 54391 | Snake:5  | Got a serpentine rune of Zot
 54981 | Shoals:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Shoals
 55070 | Shoals:1 | Noticed Erica
 55086 | Shoals:1 | Killed Erica
 55112 | Shoals:1 | Got a slimy morningstar
 55118 | Shoals:1 | Identified the morningstar of Accord {crush, MR++} (You found it on level 1 of the Shoals)
 56333 | Shoals:2 | Noticed Polyphemus
 57371 | Shoals:2 | Got a shimmering ring mail
 57639 | Shoals:2 | Killed Polyphemus
 57929 | Shoals:3 | Identified the cursed -2 ring mail "Smahop" {rC+} (You found it on level 2 of the Shoals)
 59746 | Shoals:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Shoals
 59746 | Shoals:5 | Noticed Ilsuiw
 59754 | Shoals:4 | Reached XP level 19. HP: 139/166 MP: 30/30
 60168 | Shoals:5 | Got an ancient robe
 60176 | Shoals:5 | Noticed Frances
 60195 | Shoals:5 | Killed Frances
 60206 | Shoals:5 | Killed Ilsuiw
 60395 | Shoals:5 | Reached skill level 19 in Shields
 60454 | Shoals:5 | Got a barnacled rune of Zot
 62347 | Temple   | Identified the cursed -7 robe "Wurof" {Int+3 Dam-2} (You found it on level 5 of the Shoals)
 63171 | Vaults:1 | Entered Level 1 of the Vaults
 63171 | Vaults:1 | Found Opoddaoh's Food Emporium.
 63816 | Vaults:1 | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting
 63847 | Vaults:1 | Found Baethrat's Magic Scroll Emporium.
 64072 | Vaults:1 | Found Bloagen's Armour Emporium.
 64099 | Vaults:1 | Found Kupruy's Magic Scroll Shoppe.
 64706 | Vaults:2 | Reached XP level 20. HP: 177/177 MP: 31/31
 65345 | Vaults:2 | Reached skill level 10 in Evocations
 65455 | Vaults:2 | Got a faintly humming scale mail
 65501 | Vaults:2 | Identified the +2 scale mail of the Harvest Moon {Int-2 Acc+5} (You found it on level 2 of the Vaults)
 65777 | Vaults:2 | Found Moaqodee's Distillery.
 66048 | Vaults:3 | Reached skill level 20 in Maces & Flails
 66218 | Vaults:3 | Found a staircase to the Crypt.
 66220 | Vaults:3 | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
 66228 | Vaults:3 | Found an ancient bone altar of Kikubaaqudgha.
 68635 | Vaults:4 | Found a staircase to the Hall of Blades.
 69717 | Vaults:5 | Entered Level 5 of the Vaults
 69738 | Vaults:4 | Reached XP level 21. HP: 185/187 MP: 33/33
 71028 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 15 in Invocations
 71072 | Vaults:5 | Got an uncursed bloodstained demon blade
 71474 | Vaults:5 | Reached skill level 21 in Maces & Flails
 72313 | Blade    | Entered the Hall of Blades
 73477 | Vaults:5 | Got a shimmering ring mail
 73492 | Vaults:5 | Got a silver rune of Zot
 73743 | Vaults:5 | Identified Khufu's Papyrus of Helpful Black Arts
 73779 | Vaults:5 | Reached XP level 22. HP: 144/196 MP: 34/34
 73934 | Vaults:5 | Got a flickering ivory ring
 73935 | Vaults:5 | Identified the ring of Tweol {EV+5 Dex+5 Int+3} (You took it off a frost giant on level 5 of the Vaults)
 74307 | Vaults:5 | Identified Khi Luor's Disquisition on Congealing Confrontation
 74339 | Vaults:5 | Got a twitching brass amulet
 74342 | Vaults:5 | Identified the amulet of Twilight {Clar +Blink Dex+2 Dam+6 SInv} (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)
 74391 | Vaults:5 | Identified the cursed +4 ring mail "Washedwe" {rC+ Acc+4} (You found it on level 5 of the Vaults)
 75862 | D:22     | Killed a storm dragon
 76273 | D:23     | Found Shryum's Weapon Boutique.
 76435 | D:23     | Noticed Jorgrun
 76449 | D:23     | Killed Jorgrun
 76520 | D:23     | Found Kagumekk's Food Boutique.
 76604 | D:23     | Found Laloggy's Antique Weapon Boutique.
 77241 | D:24     | Found a one-way gate leading to the halls of Pandemonium.
 77628 | D:24     | Found a bloodstained altar of Trog.
 77639 | D:24     | Found a glowing golden altar of the Shining One.
 77650 | D:24     | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 78039 | D:24     | Reached skill level 22 in Maces & Flails
 80035 | D:24     | Reached XP level 23. HP: 193/207 MP: 34/34
 80303 | D:25     | Entered Level 25 of the Dungeon
 80303 | D:25     | Found a flickering gateway to a bazaar.
 80303 | D:25     | Found a one-way gate to the infinite horrors of the Abyss.
 80355 | Bazaar   | Entered a bazaar
 80361 | Bazaar   | Found Mufehi's Food Shoppe.
 80366 | Bazaar   | Found Shupeh's Armour Boutique.
 80372 | Bazaar   | Found Kunex's Food Emporium.
 80404 | Bazaar   | Found Sikal's Antique Armour Boutique.
 80409 | Bazaar   | Found Blad's Weapon Boutique.
 80480 | Bazaar   | Bought a +0 crystal plate armour for 555 gold pieces
 80623 | D:24     | Reached skill level 15 in Armour
 81204 | D:25     | Noticed Saint Roka
 81217 | D:25     | Killed Saint Roka
 84326 | D:27     | Entered Level 27 of the Dungeon
 84517 | D:27     | Noticed Kobe Bryant III's ghost (great KoBe)
 84730 | D:27     | Killed Kobe Bryant III's ghost
 85394 | D:27     | Reached skill level 23 in Maces & Flails
 85717 | D:27     | Reached XP level 24. HP: 210/218 MP: 35/35
 86985 | Elf:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Elven Halls
 87084 | Elf:1    | Noticed Louise
 87097 | Elf:1    | Killed Louise
 88308 | Elf:2    | Found a radiant altar of Vehumet.
 88730 | Elf:3    | Entered Level 3 of the Elven Halls
 89722 | Elf:3    | The Shining One protects you from harm!
 91876 | Elf:3    | Got a pitted bone ring
 91981 | Elf:3    | Identified Lehudib's Tome of Flying Confrontation
 92107 | Elf:3    | Got a faintly glowing flail
 92150 | Elf:3    | Identified the ring of Jewui {rElec rN+ Dex+4} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 92152 | Elf:3    | Identified the flail of Fragile Peace {crush, +Rage rC+} (You found it on level 3 of the Elven Halls)
 92914 | Crypt:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Crypt
 93304 | Crypt:1  | Noticed Boris
 93313 | Crypt:1  | Killed Boris
 93629 | Crypt:1  | Noticed Xtahua
 93639 | Crypt:1  | Killed Xtahua
 93639 | Crypt:1  | Reached skill level 24 in Maces & Flails
 93717 | Crypt:1  | Noticed Sojobo
 93751 | Crypt:1  | Killed Sojobo
 94679 | Crypt:2  | Reached XP level 25. HP: 229/229 MP: 36/36
 94795 | Crypt:2  | Noticed Agnes
 94802 | Crypt:2  | Killed Agnes
 94810 | Crypt:2  | Found a staircase to the Tomb.
 95947 | Crypt:3  | Found a magical portal.
 95965 | WizLab   | Entered a wizard's laboratory
 96167 | WizLab   | Reached skill level 15 in Evocations
 96170 | WizLab   | Identified The Foundations of Witchery
 96172 | WizLab   | Identified the Volume of Creation and Transmigration
 96175 | WizLab   | Identified the Almanac of Contamination
 96186 | WizLab   | Identified Spellcraft, Part Two
 96387 | WizLab   | Found a blossoming altar of Fedhas.
 99182 | Crypt:5  | Entered Level 5 of the Crypt
101402 | Crypt:5  | Found a basalt altar of Yredelemnul.
101556 | Crypt:5  | Reached skill level 25 in Maces & Flails
101876 | Crypt:5  | Got a steaming sabre
102452 | Temple   | Identified the sabre of Osi Naysi {slice, rElec rC+ Str+1 Int-3 SInv} (You took it off a ghoul on level 5 of the Crypt)
102887 | Slime:1  | Entered Level 1 of the Pits of Slime
102894 | Slime:1  | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [a shining eye]
102894 | Slime:1  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
102900 | Slime:1  | Lost mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [a shining eye]
102910 | Slime:1  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
102913 | Slime:1  | Reached XP level 26. HP: 232/232 MP: 31/36
103318 | Slime:1  | Gained mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [a shining eye]
104666 | Slime:2  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
104671 | Slime:2  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
104943 | Slime:5  | Found a viscous altar of Jiyva.
104960 | Slime:4  | Gained mutation: Your body is slowly deteriorating. [a shining eye]
105043 | Slime:6  | Entered Level 6 of the Pits of Slime
105233 | Slime:6  | Noticed the royal jelly
105235 | Slime:6  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
105254 | Slime:6  | Killed the royal jelly
105258 | Slime:6  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
105267 | Slime:6  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
105275 | Slime:6  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 2 turns
105648 | Slime:6  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 4 turns
105657 | Slime:6  | Paralysed by a giant eyeball for 3 turns
105694 | Slime:6  | Got a slimy rune of Zot
105748 | Slime:6  | Got a fine lead ring
105769 | Slime:6  | Identified the ring "Vezugh" {rF- rC+ Int+2} (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
106456 | Slime:6  | Identified Niopriw's Volume of Blows and Bruises and Shape Shifting (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
106475 | Slime:6  | Got an ichor-stained mace
106498 | Slime:6  | Identified the cursed -2,+1 mace of Kismet {flame, SInv} (You found it on level 6 of the Pits of Slime)
107450 | Zot:1    | Entered Level 1 of the Realm of Zot
108660 | Zot:2    | Reached skill level 26 in Maces & Flails
110416 | Zot:2    | Noticed an orb of fire
110419 | Zot:2    | Gained mutation: You heal slowly. [an orb of fire]
110422 | Zot:2    | Gained mutation: You are very dopey. (Int -4) [an orb of fire]
110429 | Zot:2    | Killed an orb of fire
110429 | Zot:2    | Reached XP level 27. HP: 156/245 MP: 37/37
112721 | Zot:4    | Reached skill level 27 in Maces & Flails
113199 | Zot:5    | Entered Level 5 of the Realm of Zot
113746 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
113751 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
113887 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
113888 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your body is deteriorating. [an orb of fire]
113899 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You are weak. (Str -2) [an orb of fire]
113913 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
114180 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
114188 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
114440 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
114442 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful. [an orb of fire]
114446 | Zot:5    | Noticed an ancient lich
114454 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You cover ground slowly. [an orb of fire]
114455 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
114455 | Zot:5    | Reached skill level 27 in Shields
114464 | Zot:5    | Killed an ancient lich
114843 | Zot:5    | Noticed an orb of fire
114843 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP). [an orb of fire]
114844 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your vision is a little blurry. [an orb of fire]
114846 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your flesh is heat resistant. [an orb of fire]
114863 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your flesh is very heat resistant. [an orb of fire]
114864 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You are very weak. (Str -4) [an orb of fire]
114867 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You have a fast metabolism. [an orb of fire]
114871 | Zot:5    | Lost mutation: You have a fast metabolism. [an orb of fire]
114873 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You cover ground very slowly. [an orb of fire]
114875 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: Your body is rapidly deteriorating. [an orb of fire]
114878 | Zot:5    | Gained mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [an orb of fire]
114882 | Zot:5    | Killed an orb of fire
115407 | Temple   | Lost mutation: You are very dopey. (Int -4) [potion of mutation]
115409 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your vision is a little blurry. [potion of mutation]
115410 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your magical capacity is low (-10% MP). [potion of mutation]
115421 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your spells are a little harder to cast, but a little more powerful. [potion of cure mutation]
115421 | Temple   | Lost mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [potion of cure mutation]
115421 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your flesh is very heat resistant. [potion of cure mutation]
115421 | Temple   | Lost mutation: Your flesh is heat resistant. [potion of cure mutation]
115538 | Orc:4    | Bought a potion of cure mutation for 525 gold pieces
115539 | Orc:4    | Bought a potion of mutation for 45 gold pieces
115541 | Orc:4    | Gained mutation: Your flesh is heat resistant. [potion of mutation]
115541 | Orc:4    | Gained mutation: Your flesh is very heat resistant. [potion of mutation]
116011 | Vaults:2 | Bought 2 potions of heal wounds for 72 gold pieces
116011 | Vaults:2 | Bought 2 potions of mutation for 72 gold pieces
116011 | Vaults:2 | Bought a potion of mutation for 36 gold pieces
116017 | Vaults:2 | Gained mutation: You are somewhat resistant to further mutation. [potion of mutation]
116019 | Vaults:2 | Gained mutation: You are dopey. (Int -2) [potion of mutation]
116290 | D:25     | Lost mutation: You tend to lose your temper in combat. [potion of cure mutation]
116290 | D:25     | Lost mutation: You are very weak. (Str -4) [potion of cure mutation]
116290 | D:25     | Lost mutation: Your body is rapidly deteriorating. [potion of cure mutation]
116290 | D:25     | Lost mutation: You are somewhat resistant to further mutation. [potion of cure mutation]
116290 | D:25     | Lost mutation: Your body is deteriorating. [potion of cure mutation]
116669 | Zot:5    | Got the Orb of Zot
116742 | Zot:5    | Noticed Tenliuh the pandemonium lord
116748 | Zot:5    | Noticed Shallix the pandemonium lord
117168 | D:15     | Noticed Kuanushrek the pandemonium lord
117205 | D:15     | Killed Kuanushrek the pandemonium lord
117508 | D:1      | Gained mutation: You have a fast metabolism. [a cacodemon]
117530 | D:$      | Escaped with the Orb!

Action                   |  1- 3 |  4- 6 |  7- 9 | 10-12 | 13-15 | 16-18 | 19-21 | 22-24 | 25-27 || total
-------------------------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------++-------
Melee: Mace              |    83 |   200 |   191 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||   474
       Whip              |       |       |   221 |  1046 |  2588 |  1751 |       |       |       ||  5606
       Dagger            |       |       |    12 |       |       |       |       |       |       ||    12
       Flail             |       |       |       |       |    46 |     5 |       |       |       ||    51
       Morningstar       |       |       |       |       |       |   367 |  1547 |  1828 |  1496 ||  5238
       Staff             |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
       Eveningstar       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |   569 ||   569
Throw: Dagger            |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |       |       |       ||     2
Invok: Divine Shield     |       |       |       |       |       |     3 |     3 |     4 |     4 ||    14
       Summon Divine War |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     4 |     5 ||    10
       Cleansing Flame   |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     5 ||     6
 Abil: Evoke Flight      |       |       |       |       |       |     7 |     7 |     5 |     3 ||    22
       Stop Flying       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |     1 |       ||     2
Evoke: Wand              |       |     1 |     8 |    16 |    15 |     7 |       |     4 |    18 ||    69
       Miscellaneous     |       |       |       |       |       |     2 |       |       |     4 ||     6
  Use: Scroll            |     5 |     6 |     8 |    13 |    11 |    16 |     8 |    22 |    24 ||   113
       Potion            |     4 |     9 |     8 |     4 |     5 |     4 |     7 |     8 |    26 ||    75
 Stab: Distracted        |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |       |       ||     1
       Fleeing           |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 |     4 ||     5
       Confused          |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |     1 ||     1
I was so mutated I went and bought potions of mutation to try and shuffle around my mutations before quaffing the 2 Potions of Cure Mutation I had. Glad I was able to rid myself of the Blurry Vision and the Deterioration 3, and gain rF++ in the process. Had a couple close calls on the way out of Zot, but then it was pretty smooth sailing. Probably could have enchanted up that Eveningstar a bit more. I wasn't originally going to make the run, just wanted to clear out most of Zot before trying other stuff, but after I got so heavily mutated I said screw it and went for the win. Cleansing Flame and Angel Backup is pretty helpful on the climb.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Nice work! That GDA is a good complement to what you already had. If I'm not mistaken, though, it provides rElec, so you could have swapped your ring. Clearly not a big deal, since you won handily.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Holy Swine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
Nice work! That GDA is a good complement to what you already had. If I'm not mistaken, though, it provides rElec, so you could have swapped your ring. Clearly not a big deal, since you won handily.
I don't think so; pretty sure it's just rF+ rC+ rPois.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Set phasers to hug

Yeah, gold dragon armour doesn't provide rElec. Storm dragon armour is semi-popular because it's an important, but uncommon, resistance.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Holy Swine

Quote:
Heck yea.
Also, congratulations! I'll get there someday...
Old 03-26-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerad View Post
Also, congratulations! I'll get there someday...
As long as you make sure you think about why you died last time, you will slowly improve! I used to have difficulty making it to the lair, and now I can pretty consistently get there and get a rune on most runs.

The best advice I can give is to never run into enemies, but grab their attention and lure them into a favorable situation. If I'm facing casters/ranged as a melee character, I try to grab their attention, and then shut a door or go around a corner, so I can close the distance in 1-2 moves and limit the amount of people that can attack me. Also to know your strength, and leave a floor and do something else if you can't handle it. Early game thats Orc Wizards/Priests, Grinder, Sigmund, Erolcha.

Another big thing is to never get cocky. I think I won this character not because he was better than other ones I had, but that I played in smaller bursts so I could think critically about each encounter.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:43 PM
Holy Swine

Quote:
As long as you make sure you think about why you died last time, you will slowly improve! I used to have difficulty making it to the lair, and now I can pretty consistently get there and get a rune on most runs.

The best advice I can give is to never run into enemies, but grab their attention and lure them into a favorable situation. If I'm facing casters/ranged as a melee character, I try to grab their attention, and then shut a door or go around a corner, so I can close the distance in 1-2 moves and limit the amount of people that can attack me. Also to know your strength, and leave a floor and do something else if you can't handle it. Early game thats Orc Wizards/Priests, Grinder, Sigmund, Erolcha.

Another big thing is to never get cocky. I think I won this character not because he was better than other ones I had, but that I played in smaller bursts so I could think critically about each encounter.
Got two runes right now with a pretty ridiculous MiFi, so here's hoping! Playing in smaller bursts is some great advice; I'll have to try to do that.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:47 PM
The Great

Congrats!

And feel free to poke the thread for advice if you're unsure about something, Gerad.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Holy Swine

Quote:
Congrats!

And feel free to poke the thread for advice if you're unsure about something, Gerad.
Thanks. Lost him, though, in the Crypt, shortly after conquering the Tomb of Dorokhle Wizlab; some mummies near the Tomb entrance made me brainless, and then Okawaru sent in some enemies that killed me in about three turns. Yikes. Brainless is not to be messed around with.

Probably should have just stuck with Okawaru in the first place. I did get TSO piety up to 5*, though -- almost enough for a Sacred Scourge.

What would you guys have done in that situation: brainless, with a bunch of enemies including a frost giant warped in? I drank a potion of speed and was already down in the danger zone HP-wise. Then I read a blinking scroll, which failed because brainless, and died.

Another, unrelated question: what's everyone's stat-raising strategy? Do you follow what seems to be prescribed: always Int for anyone who will cast any spells ever, always Dex otherwise? Or do you ever raise Str?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Are You Sure About That?

Cleared with my GrEE finally, after letting him sit outside the orb vault for two weeks. Decided to take a break when five Orbs of Fire hopped out to tango at once, and I'd about run out of mana for OoDs and crystal spears.

Sucked up a lot of muts (forgetting that I had an amulet of rMut for that specific purpose) in the process, but a combination of teleports and running around like a sissy (with three dots of rF anyway) ended up snagging me the Orb, and I amscrayed. The only two sticking points were Zot:1 and about halfway up the dungeon, the first one being that Z:1 generated in that sine-wave pattern and of course the stairs I went up at were across the map from the D gate. Quaffed a potion of speed and booked it, only to find that a hell lord was sitting on the gate with a bunch of his buddies. Popped a telepo scroll, killed a few of the more annoying demons while I waited for it to pop and then took the back way to the gate, just beating the lord back to it. About halfway up the dungeon, a different hell lord kept digging his way after me as I ran for the stairs, so I gave him the business (a few crystal spears) and ran away from his minions.

After that it was smooth sailing, even with that weird little winding forest entrance "vault" that had a balrug and two red devils sitting guard. All four got spear'd and I was free.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:45 PM
Yes, let's feast!

I raise Str if I specifically plan on getting armor that's too heavy for my current character or if I'm using a character that basically doesn't ever dodge anything. Int is the most influential stat by far, though, so, yeah, that takes precedence.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:55 PM
The Great

I don't know that I've ever had a character hit with brainless, but I still tend to raise int to 8 even if I'm not casting. Stat death isn't around anymore, but brainless is still pretty bad and int drain seems relatively more common than others. Do potions of restore abilities remove the brainless status, or does it persist for a few turns after the stat drain is healed? Either way, I would have started with that.

I'll raise strength with a character if I know he's never going to be casting and he's going to be wearing heavy armor or can't be expected to really dodge things regardless (Trolls, Ogres). But yeah, it's usually int/dex with me.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Do potions of restore abilities remove the brainless status, or does it persist for a few turns after the stat drain is healed?
I believe the Brainless status sticks around for a couple turns after you heal the Int loss.

Out of curiosity, why is pumping Dex so good? On my most recent run, I pumped Str until I hit 27 for Gold Dragon Armour, and then went Int to get it up to 8 to prevent Brainlessness as best I could.

Tags
+72 club , because crawl loves you , carry the black torch , chei of staff , cheigoyle too stronk , chief of staff , dungeon crawl , hubris is smite-targeted , italo disco , jorgrun , line of sight hell , orbit of destruction , orc jesus , roguelike , rougelike , rouse the idle dead , there is no hrm , there is only plaay , xom notices you , zot traps