The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 10-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Crabjörn

Honestly I think I like this approach. The more Level 99 moves away from stretch goals the better, especially for something that the players almost universally want. (BATTLECON VISUAL NOVEL WHEN)
Old 10-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Time for mandatory yoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egarwaen View Post
And appear to be surprised that it's nearly universally a thing their players are salivating over?
They assumed anyone who cared had already homebrewed a solution?

ETA: To be clear, I haven't done so and I would love an affordable and professionally designed option myself. I have seen a lot of people talking about their various solutions on the internet, though.

Last edited by Lucas; 10-08-2016 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Red Mage

I'm still super Delicious of Nich's box.
Old 10-08-2016, 05:33 PM
We just don't know.

Nich's got a good box. I got the same thing except I didn't get the outer box, just the insert, and have it in my Devastation box. Thing is, it just barely fits all the characters War/Dev/Fate with bases, counters, and stands (and the lid is lopsided and raised with multiple boards/instruction books). No way I could squeeze ten more in there.

(...probably...)
Old 12-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Red Mage

So last night I got punished for my hubris of counterpicking Jager with my fiance playing Lixis when I ate a cancel (locks in ante post reveal, so I was stuck with an exposed signature move) and a Pruning Lance the same beat, dropping four bases into Discard 1.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:56 AM
Inherently Stealthy

Sasha and I have picked up playing through the characters in Devastation; we're now mostly done Tier 2.

Cesar VS Kajia - A surprisingly tough match; Cesar's got so many advance triggers that it's really tough to not wind up covered in bugs - and Sasha did a great job of punishing when I got swarmed too much. On the other hand he's a lot more fun than I thought he'd be; I was afraid he'd be kind of awkward, but he's really well set-up to cut loose and go to town.

Post-Dodge, Cesar's going to be really interesting, as it gives him a lot of ways to be super-squirrely on his Threat 4 beat. Fueled Dodge is going to rock, letting him probably avoid an attack and skip his Threat 0 beat.

Kajia VS Runika - Kajia's abysmal priority makes landing that first hit super-tough, while Runika has a hard time escaping once the punishment starts. I managed to pull out a win by swapping to Kajia's "Plan B" (plink from range) and catching Sasha's special action with my Cancel, proving once again the value of the old saying "Don't forget your Special Action".

Tags
battlecon , six degrees of cadenza