The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 10-11-2017, 04:00 PM
King Of Space-Time

How's that any different than players syncing their ults in HotS? Or a co-ordinated push with an UBER'ed Heavy/Medic?

I won't lie; it sucks when you're on the receiving end. However, they put in the work and pulled off the team play.
Also Ultimates are the sweet sweet candy that can sometimes salve a bad round. "Sure, we lost but how about that great Rip-Tire play?"
The worst thing in any game, PVE or PVP is a loss of control. See player reaction to Mei's attacks.
In addition, this means people may treat Sombra as a must have, regardless of team comp. I guarantee, some players will work to keep D.Va mechless, yet alive, barring killing themselves off via environment.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:32 PM
TARANTUL

Maybe don't use your ult when you're in a place you can easily be killed, then? Or without support like sitting behind a shield (Even Winston's should block enough damage to get Deadeye off with how fast it charges now).

Phara, despite being exceptionally easy to kill during her ult and having it drain very quickly (given the missile travel time and the amount of damage each shot does it's was very easy for her to Ult, drain her gauge and get nothing for it under the old system), always somehow stayed relevant.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:33 PM
All are Mr. Saturn

Interesting thing I noticed tonight.

Last night, I played OW on my PS4. Second loot box contained Ana's Corsair skin; fourth loot box contained Mei's Halloween intro. Tonight, I decided to play on PC. Second loot box contained Ana's Corsair skin; fourth loot box contained Mei's Halloween intro. They were always in the same position- third item displayed after opening the box.

Now I'm really interested in knowing what algorithm determines loot box contents. The only consistent item between the two is that my Blizzard account is also tied to my PS4. Seems like the "randomization" effect is, in part, something account based.

I don't think this is coincidental but I'd need to test it out, meaning playing more OW for loot boxes. Woe is me.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:38 PM
the :motion: stands

Bought my girlfriend 50 boxes for our anniversary because she loves Halloween. 7 legendary skins, including the bad Reaper one she didn't want, but she luckily had more than enough credits to buy the good Reaper one she really wanted (fortunately she also got the coffin-busting highlight intro, so she's good to go for like forever).

I'm saving up for that Zenyatta skin, and everything else is just a perk at this point.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:16 PM
King Of Space-Time

Tags
blizzard , blizzard money printer , fantastic butts , hot moms n dads , lgbteam fortress , overwatch