The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Old 10-09-2017, 10:28 AM
does the Underpants Dance

These Raid battles against the Dissidia heroes are really giving me trouble. I've almost got it down but my execution needs to be really tight in order to have everything up by the time the second wave of heroes comes in. My strategy has been Orlandeau OSB spam: I didn't look up the actual numbers, but all of them only have a little bit more HP than 99k so I can take them down with extra damage from Agrias' BSB and 1 OSB. So I combine that with Ramza as Enturster to Orlandeau and I can manage to get 6 bars over the course of the fight. But it's just a lot of incoming damage to deal with and making sure all my buffs are up. I have no idea how you'd manage these fights without pretty good relics.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:47 AM
TARANTUL

Fight 2 is really really tauntable. A backrow Ramza / Milfinia / Mead / Tyro with Entrust and Draw Fire / Divine Cross / Gaia Cross + Knights Charge will give you 4-5 extra bars of SB gauge to play with along with mitigating a lot of the incoming damage.

Last edited by Destil; 10-09-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:53 AM
TARANTUL

That's four.

Saw someone who had a sub 30 clear on redit with a similar party, mostly also using Papy as a healer. Now that I've done it I should switch for Braska, better heals and the haste on laylines is redundant. Could even bring in Tyro instead of OK and switch to raider, though that's pretty minor (Tyro does have more +weakness damage boosts, I think).

Fairly RNG dependent, Edge doublecast a lot and I didn't get anyone useful stunned, but I think with some improvements I can make it consistent.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:31 PM

The D200 FFVI Torment is the first one I've been able to complete a Cid Mission for:

RW was Hyper Mighty G. It actually went pretty close despite my stacked Terra: her final OSB cast got Hidon down to a sliver of life and Celes had to finish him with a double proc of Blazing Twinstrike, because everyone else was dead and we were probably gonna wipe after the boss' next round. Celes' LRM was very helpful for the trash too since she could kill anything with Engulfing Twinstrike. I didn't think I would get mastery since I didn't bring a Power Break, but I forgot that Locke's BSB1 is Mug Atk+Mag so I totally got mastery too.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:31 PM
whatever it takes

Tonight's 5 mythril got me to 25 just in time for the DU LD, so let's empty out the wallet again!

1/11: Bartz SSB

*SUSTAINED FARTING SOUND* :|
Old 10-10-2017, 08:05 PM
TARANTUL

I got Reno's sleep SSB and Exdeath USB.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:48 PM
contains words & diagrams

MEANWHILE, ON OTHER BANNERS

Thanks to the half stamina on realms which I am going to abuse the shit out of, I was able to pull on my precious darkness banner. I guess I used up all my luck earlier...kind of. I only got one thing...but it was o/~ IIIIII'MMMMM AAAAAAAAAAA HIIIIIIIIIGHWAYYYYYYYY STAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR o/~

So I guess that cements me buying Gabranth's imperil dark and riding out the early phases while he builds two bars and then it's time to crank the hifi and rock'n'roll. I've still got the new half off banner and the results of the cash pull to go, but unless I get some imperil ice stuff *coughs loudly* my plan is set.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:13 AM

I got an Imperil SSB for Desch? Not really what I had hoped for.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:19 AM
do-do-doo do-doo

I got Cloud's bad BSB (dupe), FFV Gogo's BSB (dupe), and an SSB for Exdeath.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:23 AM

Hey Serephine, I know you didn't end up getting Onion Knight's BSB, but they're probably gonna re-run his FFIII event pretty soon now that they've announced this "Renewal Event" campaign, so you can get his Onion Motes from that. Also, Zeid is in the Hall of Rites now.

Since there's gonna be Relic Draws for each Realm that include LRM and Super+, I'm debating pulling on FF7 because it's still my weakest realm and it has a lot of good stuff in it, but it's also probably one of the most diluted realms in the game next to maybe FF6. So I probably shouldn't spend the 50 Mythril on such a big crapshoot.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Objection!

I'm really debating which one of those banners I want to pull on. There's a couple I'm weak on, sure, like 1, 2, and 3. But also I don't care so much about their relics?
Old 10-12-2017, 02:05 PM
TARANTUL

I went ahead and took Ashe BSB off the gem select this morning. Hard call between her, Desch and Palom but at the end of the day +Lightning armor is too good not to pick.

That's two enlightning relics from these selections, we'll see if I can get Bismark below 30% at 30s now (honestly, I think OK and/or Shelkie Legend Spheres are going to be what gets me there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YangusKhan View Post
Since there's gonna be Relic Draws for each Realm that include LRM and Super+, I'm debating pulling on FF7 because it's still my weakest realm and it has a lot of good stuff in it, but it's also probably one of the most diluted realms in the game next to maybe FF6. So I probably shouldn't spend the 50 Mythril on such a big crapshoot.
I can't imagine not just saving for the Seph. USB banner in a few weeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbaglo View Post
I'm really debating which one of those banners I want to pull on. There's a couple I'm weak on, sure, like 1, 2, and 3. But also I don't care so much about their relics?
Onion Knight USBs banner (estimated early Jan) is absolutely amazing and I'll likely do two pulls there despite having two or three dupes. Aria banners (Nov 2) are pretty underwhelming in that light, but there's some nice stuff on both.

I'm torn on Rebirth II vs. Scott vs. Save my Damn Mythril. Both scott's banners are meh aside from maybe Leon USB (and he really wants his relic LM as well since it's his dualcast).

Last edited by Destil; 10-12-2017 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destil View Post
I can't imagine not just saving for the Seph. USB banner in a few weeks?
I forgot that the Fest gave me Seph's BSB2 so I'm not as starved for VII relics as I remembered. I'd still almost feel like pulling anyway since it's another chance at Cloud's USB/BSB2 and Zack's CSB, but there's gonna be plenty more chances with dungeon updates for Crisis Core.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:14 PM
TARANTUL

Nevermind. Dataminers just found global translations for both BraBra collab events.

Saving all my mythril between now and forever for Edward USB.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:45 PM

Pulled Yuffie's Gauntlet ssb on the gem pull and went ahead with Gabranth's imperil dark as planned, and then got a hot banger from the lucky draw in the form of Bartz's over strike Hand of the Crystal. Which is pretty awesome since it's four different elements, all of which I have different pieces of tech for.

I rushed to finish up the crystal tower I completely forgot about tonight and didn't even bother to try hard mode Chaos, but I got the rest of the rewards.

Thanks for the heads up Yangus, I was hoping Zeid would show up when I saw they were doing maintenance so I already knew but I really appreciate it. Now that I'm really well off on fun tools and tech now I can save my mythril for a little while. These revival events are going to be great for me lol.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:01 PM

For fun, I looked up when my first post in this thread happened and then cross-referenced that with past events to see what was running when I started playing. I remember it was during a Soul Breakout fest and there was a Big Bridge gauntlet event going on. People here told me to save for Banner 5 since that had Sentinel's Grimoire on it, and I remember now my first pulls from that Banner were Balthier's SSB and Eiko's SSB. Looking over those Fest banners now and man, that power creep is strong in just over 14 months -- half the relics weren't even SSBs!
Old 10-12-2017, 08:02 PM

I hate to double post but this is something I want folks to see instead of being an eta.

Team Villainy is just about ready to go, I just can't tell what's more potentially powerful, Sephiroth overstrike or Zeid bsb. Sephiroth's is just a standard dark fire overstrike, but Zeid gets 5 hits on his burst 1 command and enDark, plus a nice entry attack. I guess I should just Olay with it but I'm thinking that the burst 1 commands with the enDark will result in more overall damage. Can anyone offer some guidance?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serephine View Post
I hate to double post but this is something I want folks to see instead of being an eta.

Team Villainy is just about ready to go, I just can't tell what's more potentially powerful, Sephiroth overstrike or Zeid bsb. Sephiroth's is just a standard dark fire overstrike, but Zeid gets 5 hits on his burst 1 command and enDark, plus a nice entry attack. I guess I should just Olay with it but I'm thinking that the burst 1 commands with the enDark will result in more overall damage. Can anyone offer some guidance?
Well, Zeid's Command 1 is 5 hits, but the multiplier is lower than most other 5* abilities so it's somewhat deceptive. But you are correct about the EnDark: since your Sephiroth doesn't have an EnDark, his OSB damage isn't going to be capping against the hardest content (without critical hits or enough imperil stacking that is). It's probably still going to hit 50-60k though with weakness exploits. The good thing is that your new Imperil Dark is going to help both of them quite a bit, since the extra damage gets multiplied by 5 overall for Zeid and helps Seph hit the 99k cap. Basically, they'll both be good, but your highest potential for damage will be the entry damage from Zeid's BSB after he already has EnDark,
Old 10-12-2017, 08:19 PM

Yeah, it's gonna take some time piloting this group to figure out the intricacies of it, but that helps. Part of me wants to even dismiss Fran and go for a lunatic 4 dps party heh, since the third dps spot is currently held by Jecht with his Jecht Blade dark and large attack boost. Or I could bring a bunch of Dark Bargains and Zeid Seph and Gabranth as the dps core and be responsible with Fran. I've got options so I'll play around with them, especially since Gabranth has the weird perk of White 4 which means he could carry half of Proshell. *shrug*
Old 10-12-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's gonna take some time piloting this group to figure out the intricacies of it, but that helps. Part of me wants to even dismiss Fran and go for a lunatic 4 dps party heh, since the third dps spot is currently held by Jecht with his Jecht Blade dark and large attack boost. Or I could bring a bunch of Dark Bargains and Zeid Seph and Gabranth as the dps core and be responsible with Fran. I've got options so I'll play around with them, especially since Gabranth has the weird perk of White 4 which means he could carry half of Proshell. *shrug*
I do like Gabranth having Proshell options. It's probably not worth using Jecht's SSB since he can't bring much else to the table and you'd still need a Hastega. However! There is always the option for you to RW an EnDark SB and throw that on Gabranth/Seph. I never really liked doing that with my elemental teams for some reason, but it's a pretty good choice if you have an OSB without an EnElement to go with it.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:56 PM

I'm fairly committed to Hyper Mighty G as a RW for this set up, which gives me med atk Proshell and hastega, which lets me use my recently obtained Fran penta break for support instead of Ramza for Shout. Med + large atk gets me where I need to be, along with good break support, proshell, and wall from Ysh for mitigation. I think I've got all my bases covered for handling Apoc, and I can easily use Zeid and Gabby for torment dungeons with their bursts.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I'm fairly committed to Hyper Mighty G as a RW for this set up, which gives me med atk Proshell and hastega, which lets me use my recently obtained Fran penta break for support instead of Ramza for Shout. Med + large atk gets me where I need to be, along with good break support, proshell, and wall from Ysh for mitigation. I think I've got all my bases covered for handling Apoc, and I can easily use Zeid and Gabby for torment dungeons with their bursts.
Yeah okay, that's a pretty solid load out.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:43 AM

Haha, holy cow, after maintenance the relics available in the selection draws changed and today for their apology they're letting everyone who picked a relic pick another relic. And yet still there seems to be a bug because the Gem selection lists contain all of the relics from the CT selection now too. The point is: if you picked a relic from these you can get another one.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:24 AM
TARANTUL

Fairly certian all the changes this morning were intentional bacause of how they fucked up. To wit: if you did not do either of these draws you can now do two selections if you do.

Gem select is a hard pick... again.

Crystal tower is hard becausd I have nearly everything on it. Sarah BSB is the strongest thing I lack, but I really don't need more medica bursts.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destil View Post
Fairly certian all the changes this morning were intentional bacause of how they fucked up. To wit: if you did not do either of these draws you can now do two selections if you do.
Haha, what?? Geeze what are they thinking. Maybe they're making amends for 1 Bard Mote...

So for my first Gem-only pick I went with Maria's BSB after all. Now I don't know what I want...again. Top choices for me are Warrior of Light's BSB since it's a shield with +Holy, and then it's just 3 different flavors of Support BSB for Setzer/Vaan/Fran. Or go with Celes, cause waifu.

Second CT pick I went with Fujin's BSB for the +Wind and nothing else I really wanted.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:22 PM
Objection!

I'm... probably going to go with Maria Burst for my gem repick, even though I REALLY WANT to get Galuf's or Yda's. My first pick was Butz BSB2 for magicite fights, and Maria's would also be for magicite (to make beating up Hydra easier then using Rinoa EnEarth -> OSB).

For the CT repick I really have no idea. I guess Fujin's? It's about the only one left I'm even somewhat interested in. It's either that or CoD's.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:25 PM

Well this is just silly. Guess I'll wait until tomorrow night to see if the OK event comes back and go from there, but I have no idea what to get from the CT selection. I'm legit looking at Seifer's bsb because it looks like it could enable fun shenanigans with that reflect command? It's either that or TGCid bsb. *shrug*
Old 10-14-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Well this is just silly. Guess I'll wait until tomorrow night to see if the OK event comes back and go from there, but I have no idea what to get from the CT selection. I'm legit looking at Seifer's bsb because it looks like it could enable fun shenanigans with that reflect command? It's either that or TGCid bsb. *shrug*
I bet Seifer BSB would kick ass for the Dissidia raid battles. And it would be really strong in Torments too.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:13 PM

Wow the way these old events worked is pretty neat. Giving out minor summon orbs?? And 3* abilities? Not every stage rewards you with Mythril but then sometimes one gives you 2?? At any rate I'm glad I get a free copy of Dragoon Jump and probably a bunch of other 5* abilities I never made.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:02 PM
TARANTUL

These only go back to the introduction of Ultimates, huh?

Here I was hoping to finally clear those last few stages of Golbez' event.

Also a shame new players won't see events with 32 battles...

Tags
final fantasy , five dollar horse armor , freemium fantasy , gil toss , lamb meets slaughter , mobile , probability education , square enix , thin edge of the biggs , thin edge of the vicks , thin edge of the wedge