The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about creating

Old 08-08-2017, 11:37 AM
この世の最も無智なる者

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhair60 View Post

Watched this over lunch. I found it to be super interesting because I thought the history of Duke Nukem was:

early PC Side Scrollers-->3D----->long period of nothing (the era of transcendence to legendary vaporware)--->Duke Nukem Forever

I was wrong, apparently. I don't want to play them, but the Tomb Raider-likes do look interesting and well made.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Life depends on change

Floored that there's more than four Duke Nukem games, and that most of them are quite good! That GBA one actually looks pretty good, which is surprising enough.

Thanks Stu!
Old 08-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Not A Low-Level Life Form

Really happy to see some love for Duke Advance. There was this period I was obsessed with GBA FPSes and would play every one I could get my hands on. I'd say Duke Advance is the best one, with Doom not being too far behind, but everything else isn't even in the same league.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Outraged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estragon View Post
Watched this over lunch. I found it to be super interesting because I thought the history of Duke Nukem was:

early PC Side Scrollers-->3D----->long period of nothing (the era of transcendence to legendary vaporware)--->Duke Nukem Forever

I was wrong, apparently. I don't want to play them, but the Tomb Raider-likes do look interesting and well made.
I had Time to Kill. It was really surprisingly good, but way too hard for me, not sure if I ever beat the first level. Stumbling into a secret room with a unique upgraded shotgun was pretty neat.

May or may not have bought it based entirely on the Stabbing Westward theme song.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Bertolli?!?...

I don't think I've ever seen Duke Nukem 2 before. It's like an evolutionary missing link. Suddenly Duke 3D makes so much more sense.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:43 AM
I like Sonic the Hedgehog

Er, ashamed to do this again, but if anyone is interested in donating to Video World/Franchise & Lows, now would be an incredible time.

Entirely through my own error, I've experienced moneyfuck right as I rode in a bus out of town, and won't be able to get it sorted out until Tuesday at the earliest. Again my own fault - forgot to cancel something, (not a video game) rolled over, no money. But anything at all would help me out. I apologise for this literal begging, especially as I haven't exactly been glowing about this place lately. My mental health hasn't been up to scratch. Again, sorry.

In situations this severe I would normally ask my family but as of recently that is not really an option.

Link here: PayPal.me/videoworld

Genuinely desperately sorry. Feel free to entirely ignore.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:38 PM
I like Sonic the Hedgehog

Thanks everyone. Again I am very sorry for being shit.

Next video is going to be Franchise & Lows: Sonic Mania. That's going to cover Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3 and Knuckles and Mania. It will probably be super involved.
Old Yesterday, 01:04 AM
Not A Low-Level Life Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhair60 View Post
Thanks everyone. Again I am very sorry for being shit.
We've all been there before, don't sweat it.

Quote:
Next video is going to be Franchise & Lows: Sonic Mania. That's going to cover Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3 and Knuckles and Mania. It will probably be super involved.
hecks yes
Old Yesterday, 02:22 AM
Mystery Contraption

I've enjoyed all of the F&L videos, but I don't think theres been one where I've been quite so interested in your opinion.

Tags
boy joystick controls , fleshlight payola , frogs , frogs are art , games are art , games aren't art , mame angela lansbury , mame lucille ball , the madhair thread