The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about meatspace games

Old 06-30-2017, 04:12 PM
McBear

Default Thread of random Tabletop Simulator pick-up games

Hey guys!

I wanna play a board game on Tabletop Simulator, but it's hard to get people together sometimes. Let's use a thread for that!

I'm looking to get 2 or 3 people to play some Lords of Waterdeep right now. If you'd like to join in and don't mind buying Tabletop Simulator (It's half off right now!), then you can get in on some of this action!
Old 06-30-2017, 06:02 PM
Yes, let's feast!

I could bite at that price, although I'm on vacation and my Internet connection is not reliable enough to play a live game with human people. But...

I see that there are various games available as DLC. What's the deal there? Do most games come through the workshop? Are there workshop versions of the DLC games, or do the developers/publishers squash those?

Tabletop Simulator: what is the deal?
Old 06-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
It is an unregulated wasteland of zero enforcement. You can find a half-dozen different workshop implementations of any game popular enough to merit it.

ETA: That being said, that could be out of date. I haven't played it in ages.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:35 PM
McBear

No, you're about right.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:07 AM
le petite mort

I'd be down to play Lords sometime. That game is awesome.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Yes, let's feast!

I just grabbed a TTS four-pack. One's for me, of course, and I'll probably give one to my brother. If we both really like it, I might give one to my wife, but in all likelihood, I have one or two keys up for grabs at cost (US$7.50, 25% less than the normal sale price). Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:29 PM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

Reinstalling TTS now because I feel a real urge to play Exceed (very similar to BattleCon but it doesn't feel so much like chess) and my closest opponent is an hour away. If anyone's interested in playing Exceed at any time between 1 and 4 PST, hit me up. Bonus if you can host, because my connection is laggy as hell in multiplayer games.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM
Radical Sandwich Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
I see that there are various games available as DLC. What's the deal there? Do most games come through the workshop? Are there workshop versions of the DLC games, or do the developers/publishers squash those?

Always meant to reply to this myself. In my experience the games that you get as official DLC have had a lot more care put into them, always much prettier than the Workshop offerings and they usually have some pretty impressive scripting built in.

That said, the Workshop also has uses besides a board game piracy service. Besides the usual "I'm just demoing the game" or "I own a physical copy of the game but I want to play with my friend who lives half a state away" use cases, I've seen a lot of developers use the platform for prototyping, playtesting, and popularizing their projects, Kickstarter games, etc.