The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about TV and film

Old 03-03-2014, 08:54 AM

What do you think's gonna happen tonight?

Punk returns, screws Bryan in a match, sides with Authority is my bet. YOU CAN QUOTE THAT.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:16 AM
For Great Apollo Justice

... so why did people think Punk was showing up last night, anyway? Just because they were in Chicago?

(Yes, I know there's supposedly a format sheet out there with a third guy inserted into the Batista v. Orton match. I don't buy it for a second.)

Quote:
Or later this year. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't wind up targeting us with so much advertising of programs and things we can't see yet.
That's more the perils of Raw actually being live now. Could be worse - there could be more Scott Sanford segments.

And the big issue with the network up here is that they've got a whole other set of contracts to work their way through. Remember, we've been getting Vintage / etc. over-the-air for years now, which wasn't the case in the US.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Oily Butt Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ample Vigour View Post
*The sound of an entire nation shuddering as one while Vampiro walks to the ring*
by the way I forgot that I can't let a mention of Vampiro pass without linking this

Old 03-04-2014, 05:23 PM
concern troll

I forgot to get my prediction in before Raw, but that went one of the two ways I thought it would. I had a feeling Punk walking was Shoot because of the way they had all but ignored it before, and I figured there would either be continued radio silence or something like what happened, but I didn't really think Punk would show up. It was pretty adorable watching them try to turn it into work, though. Heyman's opening bit was actually pretty good until the writers made him turn it into selling Brock.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:21 PM
For Great Apollo Justice

If Heyman doesn't start selling Brock, there's no reason for that segment to make air, though. Otherwise, that would've been the type of masturbatory segment that Russo used to get crucified for.

Anyway, Punk walking out was always a shoot, the question was whether they turned it into a work a la - ironically enough - Bryan being fired during the Nexus angle.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Too Much TV Game

Really, really tired of the worked shoot/maybe not/okay this is real junk happening in this era. I know kayfabe is dead and such, but it's incredibly difficult to watch something as business-exposing as The Authority every single week.

Concerning last Monday, both WWE and the Chicago #hijackRAW crowd were terrible. WWE for continuing to deliver a bad main event product no one wants and squandering a really talented roster to do nothing else special...and the crowd thinking THEY were the show and chanting things everyone got tired of months ago. You aren't cool if you chant for other wrestlers. You especially aren't cool if you chant for the announcers, considering they are a good chunk of the reason why the product is so bad. You aren't cool if you ironically chant for "puppies". You aren't cool if you chant 'What', 'Husky Harris' or other failed gimmicks to actual cool gimmicks like the Wyatts. You aren't cool if you tell yourself you are awesome.

...seriously, if you don't like the product...don't come. That's the best way to get your message across.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:12 PM
concern troll

you really should listen to Cena talking to Austin to get his perspective on chanting.

The problem is they toyed with the audience with the Punk thing. Word is the WWE may have leaked the Punk returning in Chicago thing to try to stir people up. That was stupid if true.

I'm not a big fan of The Authority angle because The Authority isn't getting theirs often enough. It was fun when Vince was playing the Big Bad because once in a while he'd take a chamber pot to the head or something equally ridiculous.

I'll be honest, when Triple H was going on and on about it being "His ring" I half expected Vince to come out and tell him, no jack, it's MY ring! and set up the wrestlemania match. That would have been a better resolution than beating up Daniel Brian to try to add MORE tension. The tension is there. Time for the release.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:48 PM
For Great Apollo Justice

The problem is that HHH and Steph are inconsistent in the way they're booked. Half the time I think they think they're supposed to be faces (EG, whenever they're around Orton and no one else is on screen). Then you have Steph doing the "yes" chant at the end of the show over Bryan's dead body - a perfectly good ending, to be honest - and it's clear that they're heels.

But because they're faces half the time, the release that their heel actions merit doesn't come. Which is the bigger problem - the matches they've set up for WM are reasonable enough, if a bit on the bland side (shades of WM27). But the only smart booking they've done in recent weeks has been turning Batista, because he's such a great heel.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:13 AM
..and his little cat, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
I'm not a big fan of The Authority angle because The Authority isn't getting theirs often enough. It was fun when Vince was playing the Big Bad because once in a while he'd take a chamber pot to the head or something equally ridiculous.
Exactly, that's why comparing Bryan/Authority to Austin/McMahon is so faulty; there was a lot of back and forth going on there.

With Austin/McMahon, it went back and forth, and usually both were in a position of power: McMahon owned the company, but Austin was the champion. And as easy as it would be to just strip Austin of the title, McMahon at least seemed to tried to do things semi-legitimately so that the title still meant something. Sure, he'd stack the odds when possible with things like Undertaker AND Kane versus Austin in a triple threat match, but despite that, it was contested legitimately.

With Bryan/Authority, there is no real back and forth. Any time Bryan looks like he's taking a step forward, Hunter and Stephanie knock him back three.

The Authority run the company, and Bryan... has nothing. Yes, he has the fans on his side, but for all the "best for business" bravado, the Authority have shown they really don't give a crap as they insult their customers and then say "by the way, subscribe to our new network!" Nowhere else in the world would this ever work.

And rather than get someone to beat Bryan for the belt, they've basically made it clear they're willing to exert their power as owners of the company and keep Bryan from the belt. WWE used to say "if you're not here to win the biggest prize in the game, then you shouldn't even be here." Now, it's "know your place; if we don't think you should be champion, we won't decide you can be champion, and you will never be champion."

It's amazing that they've managed to take a spectacle where the results are predetermined and somehow make it look even more like everything is rigged. At one time, we could suspend disbelief; now they're basically pulling back the curtain in the middle of the show.

As it stands, there is no reason to believe that Bryan will get the belt, and the way they've run things, there is no reason to believe he can keep the belt. They've shown they have no scruples at all, and will take the belt away just because. They've given us literally nothing to hope for; there's no sense of honor or anything here; as despicable as Mr. McMahon was, at least to him, a win was a win.

That brings us to WrestleMania. Bryan vs. Hunter? Might be a nice match, but I can't believe it will go anywhere. On top of that, I have a very hard time believing that Hunter would allow Bryan to go over-- admittedly, it was Hunter vs. Booker T that kind of ruined me there.

I did come up with a scenario that would at least work for WrestleMania XXX, and could only work there, but I doubt they'd do anything like that. I'll dig it up and post it here when I can.

Quote:
I'll be honest, when Triple H was going on and on about it being "His ring" I half expected Vince to come out and tell him, no jack, it's MY ring! and set up the wrestlemania match. That would have been a better resolution than beating up Daniel Brian to try to add MORE tension. The tension is there. Time for the release.
Eh, the only release-- you know what? Not going to go there. Let's just say it involves using the fans' money and... well, the fans.

Edit: Okay, here's how I'd go with Bryan/Hunter at Mania, personally:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schide
After listening to the post EC Observer, I now really want the proposed Mania events to happen: Bryan faces HHH with the stipulation that if he wins he gets put into the Title match. He beats HHH and goes on to tap out Orton to win the title. YES! chants to close out the show. Ultimate overcoming all the odds story.

The first I heard that idea was actually a few weeks ago when a caller suggested it, so credit goes to that dude whatever his name was.
At this point, I'm imagining a scenario where Triple H goes for it, but on one condition: No disqualifications.

Naturally, Triple H uses this to his utmost advantage, with one basic standing order: Daniel Bryan will not advance to the main event of WrestleMania.

This is where all hell breaks loose. Once it begins to look like Bryan may have an advantage, or heck, barely after the match starts, we get interference. We get Kane. We get the New Age Outlaws. We get whatever part of the Shield might still be working with him. We get Shawn Michaels. We get Kevin Nash. We get Brad Maddox. Del Rio, Titus, Barrett, Brodus, Swagger, anyone who we would reasonably see helping or wanting to curry favor from the Authority is trying to help out, and Bryan manages to fend them off one at a time. Then, to top it all off, a Clothesline from Hell blindsides him from behind by none other than JBL, and the numbers game starts to take over.

Then the face side of the locker room empties out, led by Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior (Austin and The Rock would be great, too), and it's basically a full-scale locker room riot, full of high spots by the young guys and finishers everywhere. Everyone is preoccupied fighting everyone else and with all the chaos that Hunter never sees Bryan coming for the running knee until it's too late, and the ref makes the three-count. Bryan is going on to the main event! ...which should probably be the next match on the card, considering the crowd would probably be on fire.

Side-note: Instead of the running knee, the place would probably explode if CM Punk put in an unannounced appearance after being absent since the Rumble. He could sneak in amidst the chaos and GTS Hunter, setting him up for the running knee from Bryan for the victory, but that might just be dreaming at this point. Still, it would make for one hell of a sendoff.

Is it overbooked? Damn right. It's WrestleMania XXX. You make this a night to remember.

The only thing is that they'd really need to have Bryan victorious at the end of the night, or else it's a giant WrestleMania moment that's all for naught within the hour.

Last edited by LBD_Nytetrayn; 03-06-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:43 AM
That bug is NUTS!

One of my buds picked up the WWE network and is planning on having a Wrestlemania 30 viewing party. Since I love spectacles, drinking and yelling at the TV with my friends, I'm going though I have very little knowledge about what's going on storywise at the moment. Talking to friends, trying to watch like 30 minutes of Raw and skimming this thread, I have amassed the following knowledge:
  • There's some kinda bearded guy everybody likes but he's not going to be in the championship
  • There's some juggalo-magic Duck Dynasty dudes that seem to just be trollin' everybody
  • Nobody likes the guys that are in the championship
  • Some kind of cabal has just fallen apart

Can you please fill in the gaps of my knowledge and give me the rundown on what's going to happen at Wrestlemania?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornGhost View Post
One of my buds picked up the WWE network and is planning on having a Wrestlemania 30 viewing party. Since I love spectacles, drinking and yelling at the TV with my friends, I'm going though I have very little knowledge about what's going on storywise at the moment. Talking to friends, trying to watch like 30 minutes of Raw and skimming this thread, I have amassed the following knowledge:
[*]There's some kinda bearded guy everybody likes but he's not going to be in the championship
This is Daniel Bryan. He's worked his way up from the indies, and actually beat John Cena legit for the title at SummerSlam last year. Then guest ref and WWE COO Triple H used his finisher on him, allowing a freshly-minted heel Randy Orton to come in, cash in an "anytime, anywhere" title shot contract called Money in the Bank to become champion, because apparently he felt that was "best for business" and that people like Bryan shouldn't be champion.

Quote:
[*]There's some juggalo-magic Duck Dynasty dudes that seem to just be trollin' everybody
The Wyatt Family, led by Bray Wyatt. They're basically anti-establishment anarchists who are going after this era's equivalent of a Hulk Hogan or Steve Austin, John Cena (though really, Bryan gets more unanimous applause. Cena's still good people, though).

Bray is basically a cult leader who fancies himself more monster than human, and is more Cape Fear than Duck Dynasty.

Quote:
[*]Nobody likes the guys that are in the championship
One guy is an overblown, overrated egomaniac who used to be with Triple H in Evolution and believes that he's better than everyone in the locker room and should just be handed everything. The other is Randy Orton.

Quote:
[*]Some kind of cabal has just fallen apart
The Shield: Dean Ambrose (the crazy one), Roman Reigns (the muscle), and Seth Rollins ("the architect," i.e. the one who keeps things running). "The Hounds of Justice," you can basically think of them as the WWE's equivalent of the A-Team, but with less 80s flair and gold chains.

The three came up together from NXT (Seth was champ at the time) as heels, attacking people and using gang tactics to "enforce justice" where they believed it was needed. Later, they basically acted as enforcers for Triple H's regime.

But lately? They had a chance for all three of them to be entered into the Elimination Chamber for a chance to win the WWE World Heavyweight title last month, but the Wyatts screwed that up by attacking the other team (Cena, Bryan, and Sheamus) during the match, causing them to lose by disqualification.

They've actually become faces more recently-- anti-heroes, at least-- due to the simple facts that a) they're so damn good, and b) they haven't attacked anyone else we like lately.

Unfortunately, Dean's craziness and Roman's hot streak as of late has kind of splintered the group, but not how you'd think. Last Monday, in a match against the Wyatts, Dean kept going around ringside when the Wyatts were doing something, Roman went after him, and Seth was left without anyone to tag.

So when Dean needed a tag later in the match and Roman had been knocked away from the corner, Seth said "screw it" and left the match.

The original premise for The Shield makes no damn sense, but lately, it's just been working anyway.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:33 PM
concern troll

RE: Face-heal locker room brawl at wrestlemania: Maybe? Though I think it might be more likely that it's just Hogan who comes out and pounds HHH to give Bryan a win, possibly title shot. Hogan coming back is a pretty big deal, and I would surprised if he doesn't get at least one good hit in (but no way he has a match or even takes a single bump).

RE: Orton: I actually really like him as a top heal. The problem is, like The Authority, he hasn't really gotten his enough. He needs to drop the belts, but I hate to see Batista as the champ, so I kinda doubt it'll happen at Wrestlemania short a three-way dance happening.

Basically, they NEED Bryan or Punk or someone in there, because right now they have effectively a Heal-Heal title bout that no one likes. Orton would get cheers in that match straight up, which is just weird.

RE: The Wyatts: I don't really care that much about them as a stable, but I do like Bray's character a lot. I would have liked to have seen Bryan be trapped with them for more than a week back when that happened. Seems like a wasted angle.

RE: The Shield: They have been the perfect break-in stable, IMHO. They came in as a strong group and have taken a lot of time figuring out their personalities. I predict Ambrose getting booted out and possibly feuding with them for a bit, and maybe the other two making a tag-team run again. I like crazy Ambrose. It's a fun character he's building. Shit, maybe eventually he joins the Wyatts? That could be interesting.

... this is officially the most I've thought about wrestling in 15 years. I don't know how, but it got its hooks back in me.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
RE: Face-heal locker room brawl at wrestlemania: Maybe? Though I think it might be more likely that it's just Hogan who comes out and pounds HHH to give Bryan a win, possibly title shot. Hogan coming back is a pretty big deal, and I would surprised if he doesn't get at least one good hit in (but no way he has a match or even takes a single bump).
Probably, if even that. I just think for the WrestleMania 30, it's ideal to go all-out, and it would be a great way to have this part of the whole Authority thing culminate.

Quote:
RE: Orton: I actually really like him as a top heal. The problem is, like The Authority, he hasn't really gotten his enough. He needs to drop the belts, but I hate to see Batista as the champ, so I kinda doubt it'll happen at Wrestlemania short a three-way dance happening.
(Heel, not heal.)

Quote:
Basically, they NEED Bryan or Punk or someone in there, because right now they have effectively a Heal-Heal title bout that no one likes. Orton would get cheers in that match straight up, which is just weird.
Basically. It comes down to "who do you dislike the least?"

I mean, I welcome more heel vs. heel matches; that gave us Shield vs. Wyatts, and it's neat to see matches in which neither side have any scruples.

But as the main event of WrestleMania? Nnnnnooo...

Quote:
RE: The Wyatts: I don't really care that much about them as a stable, but I do like Bray's character a lot. I would have liked to have seen Bryan be trapped with them for more than a week back when that happened. Seems like a wasted angle.
Some blame the NFL or NBA or whoever.

Quote:
RE: The Shield: They have been the perfect break-in stable, IMHO. They came in as a strong group and have taken a lot of time figuring out their personalities. I predict Ambrose getting booted out and possibly feuding with them for a bit, and maybe the other two making a tag-team run again. I like crazy Ambrose. It's a fun character he's building. Shit, maybe eventually he joins the Wyatts? That could be interesting.
If they break up, I just hope they reunite down the line.

Quote:
... this is officially the most I've thought about wrestling in 15 years. I don't know how, but it got its hooks back in me.
Funny; I'm not even sure I want WrestleMania yet. The only thing that interests me is Taker/Lesnar.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:25 PM
concern troll

I'm in for Wrestlemania because I know something stupid awesome will happen even if I'm nto super interested in the card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBD_Nytetrayn View Post
(Heel, not heal.)
Goddammit, I do that every single time. I blame designating too much of my brain to RPGs.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:01 AM

I'm in for mania because its only 9.99 a month on the wwe network available now on all devices, BAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKK BODY DROP!!!

I was live at last year's mania and it suuuuccked so I'm hoping they pull something nice out this year. Honestly I kind of just wish Lesnar would go away, not that I really have anything against the part-timers but I just can't get into their character when they only show up once every couple of months and its always really obvious they're only going to be around for a little while to either put someone over (foley, jericho) or just hang around the mid-card and not get a belt (RVD).

Essentially that "rigged event feels even more rigged" thing McClain was saying, but I guess if kids who aren't smarks aren't in the know and are generally surprised and amazed to see their old favorites come back (even if they lose) its a good thing and I can tolerate it.

I LOVE the Wyatts, its just going to suck when they have to explain why people like that are interested in gold wrestling belts. Though I suppose people were willing to buy into it during the ministry days.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 AM
concern troll

I hadn't been watching enough recently to really know that Lesner was "part-time" and I still kinda wish he would go away. I like Heyman a lot, but "big monster who needs a guy to speak for him" doesn't really go that far for me. Also, his current character is kinda flat. He's not evil enough to be a heel, and all the "I'm the No. 1 contender I don't give a fuck what anyone else says" bravado got tossed pretty fast. Why isn't he feuding with Batista, if he really believed that No. 1 stuff? He should be sabotaging him at every turn trying to get at the gold.

What I think happened is something went wonky with their Taker plans for Wrestlemania. Either they wanted him to fight Bryan, but changed their mind because Bryan is so fucking over and wanted to do something else with it, or maybe the plan was Taker-Punk, or something else. Either way, this Taker-Brock thing feels forced, and all I know is I look forward to watching the streak continue against a dude I don't really like that much.

I don't think the Wyatts need gold to work, honestly. But even if they do deciede to push them that way, I think their characters won't suffer for a little ambition. Heck, down the road they could hang the Heavyweight belts on Bray and his crazy ass could "destroy" them and finally give them a reason to make a single belt!*

*I have an irrational dislike of the champ carrying two belts. It feels silly even in a silly world.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Oily Butt Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
BAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKK BODY DROP!!!
I'm sure you meant to say BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGG BACK BODY DROP!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Too Much TV Game

Lesnar being part-time makes him a less effective monster heel in my opinion, since you know he's not going to win any titles when he's not going to show up to defend them.

I'm aware that he's part-time mostly because while Lesnar loved to perform, he HATED the road schedule during previous stints in WWE. And I can't particularly blame him.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:21 AM
kill

How are the color commentators nowadays? Back when I watched wrestling, the WWF still had the King and J. R. and WCW had Schiavone and Heenan.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:56 AM
Peeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagohod View Post
How are the color commentators nowadays? Back when I watched wrestling, the WWF still had the King and J. R. and WCW had Schiavone and Heenan.
Pretty bad. We have Lawler, who is wayyyyy past his sell by date, Cole who is obligated to mega-shill everything and JBL who started off strong but has become irritating as the other two.

The main problem with the commentary is that they're just constantly trying to sell you things rather than talk about what's going on in the ring. It gets exhausting after a while.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Too Much TV Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagohod View Post
The main trio on commentary are atrocious. Lawler has been bad for a decade-plus, Cole has NEVER been good (and continues to just get Vince's ravings on earpiece so he's just a puppet) and JBL just sounds completely drunk and stupid out there. He's also independently wealthy so he has no reason to give a damn what the company says.

The commentary spends more time hawking WWE merch (order the Network!), hashtags on Twitter or basically arguing with one another rather than calling the damn match. It's just insane and I have no idea how anyone stands it.

All three deserve to be fired yesterday, but of course that won't happen. They and current Creative are huge, huge, HUGE reasons why no one gets over in today's WWE. Listening to Cole just lifelessly repeat what Bray Wyatt says during matches just defuses the character completely. And why are the commentators talking during their entrance? SHUT UP.

They've already destroyed Emma, who is INSANELY OVER in NXT because that crowd got to observe her slowly become this weird, delightful character who can straight up Muta Lock you on a whim. Instead the main WWE audience just sees her as this dorky loser who hangs out with losers like Santino. (And then they never have her and Summer Rae do actual wrestling matches.)

If you're looking for good commentary in WWE, watch NXT. It looks like they've settled on a three-person trio of Tom Phillips (good PBP), William Regal (terrific color) and either Byron Saxton or Tensai (both good). They rotate Renee Young in for women's matches. They might still put Alex Riley on the show, and he's awful, so I hope they've realized that mistake.

If there's a bright spot to all of this, the commentary on TNA might be even worse. Mike Tenay is NOT a PBP guy, so the fact he's done it since the start of that promotion is mind-numbing. (Case in point, don't watch weekly TNA PPVs from several years ago. It's just loud noise.) And Tazz is just...yeah.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:23 PM
concern troll

The shilling I can live with. That's just business. What I cant fucking stand is when JBL and Cole get into shouting matches about "conspiracy theories" and I'm like, HEY, maybe one of you chucklefucks could call the match?

I've love it if JBL and/or Lawler walked and they took Regal on the big show. Though I wonder if the traveling would keep that from happening.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Oily Butt Thing

where have you gone, Gordon Solie? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.

Woo woo woo.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:11 AM

I probably have brain damage, but although it buried a ton of stars I loved the hell out of Michael Cole's obnoxious miz fan Cole Mine phase. Between that and the laptop GM it was just great absurd cheese. Getting his face slammed into the Cole Mine, gonging NXT and walking out, the "YESSSSSS, YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS" fist shaking when Miz won a match. It had character, something the commentary lacks while just spouting out noise now.

Too bad Cole saved Lawler's life on-air and can never get real heel heat again (I mean really that's not too bad at all he saved someone's life).

Watched a "best of smackdown" on the network last night, it was an episode from 1999 that opened with a long DX promo where they bragged about sexually assaulting Stephanie McMahon :| :| :| We've come a long way, WWE. I never liked them as a kid either but holy smokes are DX just obnoxious. I do have to say Billy Gunn was looking quite good in that era though.

Speaking of the network and WWE and how women have been portrayed there, that vampire diva on WWECW... *pats sweaty forehead*

OH, the episode also featured the cheesiest, best out of ring segment of all time. Its fucking GLORIOUS: the set up, Boss-Man babbling from off-screen and getting closer, the fucking megaphone on the car crafted from Air conditioning equipment. Big Show's giant frame doing a tumblesault and crashing onto the floor, and the fact that at his own father's funeral he was wearing leather pants and a tee.

Fucking amazing.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Oily Butt Thing

Nice one. The Steph rape angle and the Big Show's dad angle are just about the absolute peak of the RAW IS PORN era.

I remember the awesomely sanctimonious Usenet posts like it was yesterday.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:10 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
The shilling I can live with.
Gotta push that merch.

Random internet traversing while looking for some other wrestling stuff has lead me to discover that apparently Marcus "Buff" Bagwell is now a male escort.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Oily Butt Thing

Irony: that was his gimmick in Global back in the early '90s.

He's only 44 if I read this right here but I cannot imagine the guy has aged well physically.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:25 AM
HERE IS ME AND MY FRIEND

So after tonight's Raw, what made me happy as a social justice nerd AND a wrestling nerd about tonight’s Raw is that Daniel Bryan’s OccupyRaw coup is the first time I can ever remember a wrestling event showing nonviolent direct action being used to successfully taunt a heel into accepting a challenge to a wrestling match.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:01 AM
For Great Apollo Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raider Dr. Jones View Post
Nice one. The Steph rape angle and the Big Show's dad angle are just about the absolute peak of the RAW IS PORN era.

I remember the awesomely sanctimonious Usenet posts like it was yesterday.
Indeed, although how anyone got pissed off at the Big Show angle is beyond me considering it ended with Big Show coffin-surfing.

The whole resolution to the wedding angle was some brilliant seat-of-their-pants booking, even if it wound up completely destroying Test's semi-decent career when the idiot came off looking like a mopey crybaby.

*shrug* They made millions off heel HHH and Steph, so it worked out for the best for everyone except the late Mr. Martin.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Banned

i think hhh taking out t&a single-handedly was more the career killer

Tags
firebreaker chip , ice train , it's still real to me , lazertron