The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about creating

Old 05-17-2017, 09:00 AM
Gesundheit!

Hey Perler people,

I'm moving in a month, and I'm getting a little sick of the process of removing and cleaning tack from the walls as I disassemble my Mega Murals. As you can see, at my current place it's doing quite a number on the paint job and will likely eat into my cleaning deposit.

I know my Perlering is a couple degrees of ridiculous above the norm, but does anyone know a cleaner, non-adhesive way to put these things on the wall? I'm thinking of affixing them to a few slabs of particle board and then hanging them on nails, but if there's an even more efficient way I'd love to hear it.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:29 AM
concern troll

It still might take some paint off, but those 3M strips work pretty well and at least are clear. I've had pretty good luck removing them with little issue
Old 05-17-2017, 10:18 AM
enema of the world

We've used little pins stuck through the perler holes to hang them up in the past, but that may or may not do more damage to your walls considering the sheer volume of ones you hang up...
Old 05-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazin View Post
We've used little pins stuck through the perler holes to hang them up in the past, but that may or may not do more damage to your walls considering the sheer volume of ones you hang up...
I was thinking this would work except pin it onto a corkboard you've hung on the wall?
Old 05-17-2017, 10:27 AM
Gesundheit!

That's a really good idea. Corkboards can run pretty steep, especially for the size I need, but I think small pinholes won't be an issue with our new place. I might go with cork or particle board for my Skull Castle, which is smaller.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:49 AM
STATACTATON

Yeah I've used those 3M strips a lot and they can pull up the paint, especially if you've left them in place for a long time.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:33 PM
enema of the world

I just noticed, after looking at the pictures posted in this thread - you added Oil Man, which is in that picture you posted today, but I don't see Time Man - post a picture of him, too, when you get a chance, taosterman!
Old 05-17-2017, 01:18 PM
Gesundheit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazin View Post
I just noticed, after looking at the pictures posted in this thread - you added Oil Man, which is in that picture you posted today, but I don't see Time Man - post a picture of him, too, when you get a chance, taosterman!
I made a Time Man one, but a piece of it broke off and got lost and I ran out of that color bead, so I need to make another one. I'll post a picture of the full square after my move, once everything's re-mounted.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:52 PM
actually an eevee

What about a pegboard like you see in workshops? Google shop pegboard

Tags
art , sprite art