The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about food

View Poll Results: pineapple on your pizza mate
Fuck off 9 25.00%
No 5 13.89%
Go to gaol 22 61.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Falselogic's Avatar
Falselogic Falselogic is offline
Threadcromantosaurus Rex
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California
Posts: 29,889
Default

I want pineapple on both my pizzas and ice cream!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-10-2015, 12:57 PM
taosterman's Avatar
taosterman taosterman is offline
Gesundheit!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ann ARR-BRR
Posts: 9,744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
As for Ice Cream, I'm right with you. Flavours are a distraction.
Vanilla is a flavor! It's just the best one, so we take it for granted.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Büge's Avatar
Büge Büge is offline
Safe Space
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TO, ON, CA
Posts: 14,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falselogic View Post
I want pineapple on both my pizzas and ice cream!
See, there you go. It's a luau in the making.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Octopus Prime's Avatar
Octopus Prime Octopus Prime is offline
Mystery Contraption
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 42,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
Sorry, what was that? I guess I'm too distracted by how delicious this raspberry cheesecake ice cream is.
Exactly, I may have finally revealed where I buried the diamonds, but you'll never know.

And it's all thanks to your decadent fixation on ice cream.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-10-2015, 01:42 PM
JBear's Avatar
JBear JBear is offline
Bertolli?!?...
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada
Posts: 9,716
Default

If you're the sort of person who thinks that flavours are a distraction, then I'd expect to find the diamonds buried at the foot of a sign in your back yard that says "Diamond Storage Pit".
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Octopus Prime's Avatar
Octopus Prime Octopus Prime is offline
Mystery Contraption
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 42,201
Default

Oh great, now I have to take down the sign.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Red Hedgehog's Avatar
Red Hedgehog Red Hedgehog is offline
For blood and gold
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 14,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Pizza should have some degree of meat affixed to it.
No.

Meat is one of the easiest things to do wrong on a pizza. If a place can't make a good pizza with meat (and most places can't) they are much better off only doing veggies (or probably just cheese).
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Dawnswalker's Avatar
Dawnswalker Dawnswalker is offline
Love and Peace
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhair60 View Post
If people want to put pineapple on their pizzas privately behind closed doors, then that's up to them, but I don't think pizzerias, takeaways and frozen pizza makers should normalise or encourage it. Let's have some goddamn standards. You wouldn't download a car onto a pizza.
People like you bitch and moan up on your podiums in public, but I've never been to a party where the pineapple pizza wasn't the first one completely devoured by all of you closeted pineapplephiles.

Please learn to love yourself for who you are, MH.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-10-2015, 03:00 PM
mopinks's Avatar
mopinks mopinks is offline
punch a fish, make a wish
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jinbe Land
Posts: 10,927
Default

pineapple only belongs on a porky pizza

I've tried adding pineapple to veggie pizzas before and it's a terrible disaster
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Issun's Avatar
Issun Issun is offline
Mr. Autumn Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sad Lesbian Capital of the World
Posts: 13,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhair60 View Post
It's all part of the ongoing infantilisation of society. Wait for dessert? Nah, I have no discipline and was never told "no" as a kid. Fruit on my savoury junk food please. Yummy scrummy pineappley mmm. Now I've finished I'm going to throw my plate at the wall and shit my trousers.
That's funny, I thought most kids didn't like pineapple on their pizza.

Now, if you find a grown-ass adult that only puts ketchup on their hot dog, that's a baby palate right there.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Warg's Avatar
Warg Warg is offline
BAILAREMOS A LA NORTEÑA
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,775
Default

Fruit and cheese combinations are generally amazing, so yes, I love pineapple on pizza.

Next time I order a slice of cheese pizza, I am going to bring my own marmalade and slather some of it on.

[And why not? I've already done peanut butter & Sriracha on toast -- which works because Sriracha has a bit of sweetness to it!]
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Torzelbaum's Avatar
Torzelbaum Torzelbaum is offline
????? LV 13 HP 292/
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 10,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers View Post
Most toppings are gross. Cheese pizza forever. Vanilla ice cream forever.
Or how about some unflavored non-fat ice milk, Maude?
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-10-2015, 03:50 PM
JBear's Avatar
JBear JBear is offline
Bertolli?!?...
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada
Posts: 9,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopinks View Post
pineapple only belongs on a porky pizza

I've tried adding pineapple to veggie pizzas before and it's a terrible disaster
Now that I can agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issun View Post
Now, if you find a grown-ass adult that only puts ketchup on their hot dog, that's a baby palate right there.
I'd like to think that I have a pretty sophisticated palette, and I'll eat almost anything, but I only put ketchup on my hot dogs, because that's how I had them as a kid, and if I'm going to be a grown-ass adult eating a hot dog, then acting like a kid feels like the whole point.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Kate or Die!'s Avatar
Kate or Die! Kate or Die! is offline
supportive burger wife
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York Peninsula
Posts: 2,808
Default

Pizza should have neither meat nor cheese applied to it.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Falselogic's Avatar
Falselogic Falselogic is offline
Threadcromantosaurus Rex
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California
Posts: 29,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate or Die! View Post
Pizza should have neither meat nor cheese applied to it.
So you like flat bread?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Alixsar's Avatar
Alixsar Alixsar is offline
The Shogun of Harlem
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlem
Posts: 23,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhair60 View Post
If I see pineapple on a pizza, I assume some kind of hideous accident has occurred. I mean, you'd have to be a fucking deviant. Let's have some goddamn standards.
End of thread discussion over

Pineapple pizza is one of those things where the people who like it? It's their favorite. Meanwhile everyone else just wonders what the fuck is wrong with them because it's clearly garbage. There is never any middle ground, it's either OMG THE BEST or OMG THE WORST. It's the FFIX of pizza toppings.

And, as well all know, FFIX is boring as shit so logically it follows that FUCK PINEAPPLE BOO BOOOOOOOOO
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Falselogic's Avatar
Falselogic Falselogic is offline
Threadcromantosaurus Rex
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California
Posts: 29,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixsar View Post
End of thread discussion over

Pineapple pizza is one of those things where the people who like it? It's their favorite. Meanwhile everyone else just wonders what the fuck is wrong with them because it's clearly garbage. There is never any middle ground, it's either OMG THE BEST or OMG THE WORST. It's the FFIX of pizza toppings.

And, as well all know, FFIX is boring as shit so logically it follows that FUCK PINEAPPLE BOO BOOOOOOOOO
I like it but Im not crazy about it.



oh noe! there's your argument collapsing under its own awful weight...
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Alixsar's Avatar
Alixsar Alixsar is offline
The Shogun of Harlem
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlem
Posts: 23,644
Default

ONCE YOU HAVE TASTED THE FOUL FRUIT YOU ARE FOREVER TAINTED

YOUR SOUL IS LOST
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Büge's Avatar
Büge Büge is offline
Safe Space
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TO, ON, CA
Posts: 14,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warg View Post
Fruit and cheese combinations are generally amazing, so yes, I love pineapple on pizza.
You ever tried apple pie with sharp cheddar?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Wolfgang's Avatar
Wolfgang Wolfgang is offline
borgn
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fooboomagoo
Posts: 28,105
Default

I thought Hawaiiaiaiiaian pizza was the best idea as a kid because it was the most Ninja-Turtle-y. Then I had one and got food poisoning and never again. Then when I was ok with eating regular pizza again I put some M&M's on one because fucking Ninja Turtles rule. That's really decent, actually. And if you don't think so then I can fall back on the Standard Internet Food Preferences argument that you're a provincial, uncultured boor who would go into an actual museum and do an actual projectile diarrhea onto a Monet. While wearing undone bib overalls. Barefoot.

I think what's tough about pineapple is that specific acidic citrus with that specific savory dairy. Tomato sauce is acidic, but not nearly as much as pineapple, and not nearly as sweet. The two flavors, to me, are at odds.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Dhroo's Avatar
Dhroo Dhroo is offline
Panicking
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,430
Default

I don't like pineapple on pizza because it's always that shitty canned pineapple

If you can get pineapple on a pizza and still have it taste like raw, fresh pineapple, also known as The Greatest Fruit In The World, then get at me.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Teaspoon's Avatar
Teaspoon Teaspoon is offline
This way up
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Here, there and everywhere
Posts: 3,737
Default

Marmite.

The "love it or hate it, there is no indifference" word is Marmite. Not that I've tried it on a pizza. Does work with a heavy bread and the right cheese, doesn't work with tomatoes.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Issun's Avatar
Issun Issun is offline
Mr. Autumn Man
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sad Lesbian Capital of the World
Posts: 13,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixsar View Post
ONCE YOU HAVE TASTED THE FOUL FRUIT YOU ARE FOREVER TAINTED

YOUR SOUL IS LOST
Pineapple: The Shield of Pizza Toppings.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-10-2015, 11:19 PM
PrivateJoker PrivateJoker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,992
Default

pineapple, bacon, and onions

get at me
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-11-2015, 01:36 AM
madhair60's Avatar
madhair60 madhair60 is online now
I like Sonic the Hedgehog
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14,497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
I thought Hawaiiaiaiiaian pizza was the best idea as a kid because it was the most Ninja-Turtle-y. Then I had one and got food poisoning and never again. Then when I was ok with eating regular pizza again I put some M&M's on one because fucking Ninja Turtles rule. That's really decent, actually. And if you don't think so then I can fall back on the Standard Internet Food Preferences argument that you're a provincial, uncultured boor who would go into an actual museum and do an actual projectile diarrhea onto a Monet. While wearing undone bib overalls. Barefoot.
Doing that laugh where you're trying not to laugh because you're at work.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-11-2015, 08:04 AM
Dadgum Roi Dadgum Roi is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Alternate 1985
Posts: 13,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixsar View Post
ONCE YOU HAVE TASTED THE FOUL FRUIT YOU ARE FOREVER TAINTED

YOUR SOUL IS LOST


THEN TOUCH THE PIZZA INSIDE ME

SO THAT THE WORLD MIGHT BE MENDED
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-11-2015, 02:49 PM
ghosttaster's Avatar
ghosttaster ghosttaster is offline
poisonous thread snake
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhroo View Post
I don't like pineapple on pizza because it's always that shitty canned pineapple

If you can get pineapple on a pizza and still have it taste like raw, fresh pineapple, also known as The Greatest Fruit In The World, then get at me.
There's a place where I live that does fresh pineapple, but their actual pizza just isn't as good as my other preferred spots.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Pajaro Pete's Avatar
Pajaro Pete Pajaro Pete is offline
so exciting!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 18,454
Default

pineapple on pizza is good with smoked ham

personally the best pizza combo is black olives + mushrooms
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-11-2015, 04:07 PM
JBear's Avatar
JBear JBear is offline
Bertolli?!?...
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada
Posts: 9,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajaro Pete View Post
pineapple on pizza is good with smoked ham
This is a man who knows wha--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajaro Pete View Post
personally the best pizza combo is black olives + mushrooms
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-11-2015, 05:01 PM
mopinks's Avatar
mopinks mopinks is offline
punch a fish, make a wish
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jinbe Land
Posts: 10,927
Default

I've been in a real fix lately because I'm always limited to two toppings and I can't seem to not put artichoke hearts on every pizza
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
food crimes , maximum 2 pizza threads , pizza , put it on the pizzaaaaaaa , serious business , to the death

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Your posts ©you, 2007