The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about books

Old 10-17-2017, 01:59 PM
Crabjörn

I'm slacking off and EOV is only going to make it worse. Going to the next writeup.

Book 37: The Weakness! Jake's not in town and it's not a fratricidal threat! They found Visser Three's feeding spot! Rachel takes charge and comes up with a good plan: nobody can survive four cheetahs to the face. Nothing could possibly go wrong! Just ask the Yeerk inspector with the Garatron host. What's a Garatron? Well, it seems like an Andalite, but its about as different from them as Klingons are from us. Also they can effortlessly outrun cheetahs.

The Garatron inspector is part of the Council of Thirteen, not yet seated on the council but aiming for it, and they're checking up on Visser Three's progress. It effortlessly kicks the asses of all present Animorphs and leaves them to run off licking their wounds. Faced with a foe that can outrun cheetahs, Rachel's new plan is to give the illusion that their army is much larger than it is by hitting the Yeerks with all they have, very publically, trying to embellish the incompetence of Visser Three before the inspector. This might work better if not faced with something that can outrun cheetahs, but the Garatron doesn't interfere.

And Rachel's plan takes up the first half of the book and is really just the Animorphs trash a bunch of public places screaming "YEERKS GO HOME". And it works phenomenally well until Rachel realizes oh no, she gave a grandpa a fatal heart attack during their first strike! This single civilian casualty which is equal parts accident and coincidence shuts Rachel down and gets her crying like a baby.

Ugh, skipping to the end.

Rachel has to save Cassie after she screws up a raid by virtue of the Garatron existing! She crashes a jet into the community center over the Yeerk pool! (Still a year and a half before 9/11, for the record.) Visser Three taunts the inspector into trying to finish off the Animorphs and Marco's cobra morph bites them! This book reads like a Worlds of Power book with extra melodrama. GO AWAY!
Old 10-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Crabjörn

Book 38: The Arrival is much better and I will try not to blitz through the summary fueled by snark and being late for work.

Erek's dad (also a Chee, of course) was doing some spying in a building connected to the Sharing, and the Animorphs come to the rescue! Business as usual for them... until out of nowhere, four Andalites (including one girl Ax thinks is very cute) come out and start fighting like crazy. One of them even goes right for Visser Three, although he's caught off-guard and can't kill him. This gives everyone a sudden surge of hope, especially Ax: has the cavalry finally arrived? Are the Andalites here to save humanity?

Well... no. Let's go down the list. First, Commander Gonrod-Isfall-Sonilli is the pilot of the Ralek River, and loudly blusters that he is the highest-ranked Andalite within light-years. And he has all of three people under his command: the female cadet Estrid-Corill-Darath, the warrior and assassin Aloth-Attamil-Gahar, and Apex Level Intelligence Adviser Arbat-Elivat-Estoni. Their mission is not to save the human race, or even to stop the Yeerk army. It is just to assassinate Visser Three. Nothing else.

Although Jake conducts himself admirably during the meeting with the Andalites (far moreso than Gonrod, anyway), the news that the cavalry has arrived, and it's a skeleton crew on an assassination mission, has got everyone feeling just hopeless. The Animorphs as a group more or less disintegrate under this stress, leaving Ax without the command of his human prince, so he decides to go work with the Andalites. And to be fair, he has been missing his people dearly (although the whole assassin thing has him uneasy, as he's very faithful in his people).

Turns out the entire team is a dysfunctional mess. Gonrod and Aloth were both prisoners before this, Gonrod on charges of cowardice, and Aloth for selling organs from fallen soldiers on the black market. Arbat might be one of the biggest names on the war council purely from his position, but he comes from a strictly academic background. The Ralek River is an outdated science vessel with barely any weapons, only used because the actual ships are being directed to the war effort elsewhere.

And Estrid... well, Ax can't put his finger on what's odd about her, but he does know that she is really pretty and they have a shared interest in human cuisine. They go on a date in the Gardens and it's pretty cute, although her reference to extremely high-level theoretical sciences catches him off-guard. He's also not used to the Andalite military having women in the ranks, but it's not a huge problem with him (probably because he spends enough time with Rachel to know better).

During their first attempt to assassinate Visser Three, it's a disaster. Arbat insists on the first shot due to Alloran being his brother, but he misses, and even a top marksman like Aloth can't reliably hit someone aware of him, far away, and behind a troop of Hork-Bajir, Even more suspiciously, when Aloth is wounded as the group is retreating, Arbat executes him with a shredder beam from behind. Arbat claims that Aloth would have slowed them down too much to make a clean escape, but now Ax has some serious doubts.

Erek's dad helps him out here, and the two of them break into the records of the Ralek River to find out more about what's going on. The records show that everyone on the ship was killed in action, save for Estrid, who just flat isn't on record in the Andalite military at all. Which means that this ship is clearly intended to be a suicide mission.

Ax confronts Estrid about this, and stumbles upon her being brought on for her actual expertise. She's not a soldier at all, but a scientist, focused on an obscure branch of chemistry. But as it happens, she accidentally discovered a bioweapon with incredible military application. In this case, it's a compound that could kill off Yeerks by the truckload, even inside human hosts. Arbat realized this and pulled every string he could get to set up this mission, which is only using the assassination as a cover for the real mission: wiping out the Yeerk army on Earth. The fact that the virus could easily mutate and become equally harmful to humans is a secondary concern at best.

It's about this time that the Animorphs pop up and say "wow when you're dealing with hostile third parties, feigning dissent and scattering is really useful for throwing off suspicion". Yeah they were there all along. Everyone, including Estrid, hurries off to the Yeerk pool to stop Arbat, who has the chemical weapon and fully intends to use it to stop the war as quickly as possible, no matter the cost.

This is also where Ax realizes that he just has a crush on Estrid, and doesn't actually like her, because she still thinks that ending the war by any means is an ideal thing, and hey maybe the chemical weapon won't kill all humans I'm pretty sure we're good. Also: Gonrod turns up as actual cavalry, since while he's a pretty cowardly fighter, he's one of the best pilots you could ask for, and he burns a hole through the top of the Yeerk pool and airlifts everyone to safety after the chemical weapon is destroyed by Estrid. Arbat is left behind for the Taxxons to eat.

They never say if Gonrod and Estrid make it back home safely, but that's really not the point. This book is here to drive home the assumption they've been gradually challenging over the series: yes, the Andalites, specifically Elfangor and Ax, have helped them fight the Yeerks so far, but no, you absolutely should not trust the entire species. If someone wants to win the war at any costs, sooner or later, they're gonna collect on your tab.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:15 AM
Mystery Contraption

These stories would be easier to follow if the aliens had names like “Frank” or “Bernice”.

Or at least fewer hyphens in their existing names.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:32 PM
Crabjörn

So Book 39: The Hidden is pretty bland in its main plot. It's a by-the numbers retread of Megamorphs #1: The Andalite's Gift. Slightly different in the method: the Yeerks salvaged the old Helmacron ship's sensor tech and are tracking morph energy with a helicopter. Easier to understand than a Veleek, but harder to kill and armed with Dracon beams. So if you want a new plot, look elsewhere.

If you want horrifying bioterrors, though? This is your book. As I might've covered, Andalite tech is handled by thought, including the Escafil device. And Cassie has it on her when she has to hide in a van shipping a Cape buffalo to The Gardens. And I know most in the American audience know buffalos as "those things we hunted to extinction", but if you ever want a thing to disprove the "herbivores are peaceful" myth, the Cape buffalo is absolutely the beast to do it. It tears through a bunch of Controllers, including Chapman, with Cassie as its doppelganger.

The upshot of all of this is when Cassie sees that buffalo in the wilderness... with Chapman's face. This buffalo somehow gained morphing powers and acquired Chapman's DNA, and knows just enough to become a shambling, feral, naked version of their assistant principal. Like, just take a bit to think on that. Sure, the Escafil device usage stretches the ol' disbelief, but eh, I've read Dr. McNinja, my disbelief practically floats.

So interspersed with the game of morph keepaway, the Animorphs have to figure out what to do with the buffalo. It's still a security risk, since a Yeerk could take the buffalo and then they have a weird version of Tobias. And the morphing is barely controllable by the buffalo itself: it mostly mimics Cassie (although it acquires Visser Three and wins a tailblade fight with him, so that's cool). Most of the crew thinks killing it is the right answer, but that straddles the line between murder and animal cruelty in a way Cassie is not at all okay with.

The buffalo isn't the only animal that does this, either: an ant manages to acquire and partly morph into Cassie. And oh man, if you thought the ant scene was bad? Imagine being an ant suddenly faced with the individuality, senses, and instincts of a human. Cassie is almost murdered by a constantly screaming doppelganger of herself armed with ant mandibles and extra legs. After being saved by the buffalo, Cassie just goes nuts stomping the earth where the ant demorphed until there's nothing there. That's some grade A nightmare fuel.

Sadly, buffalo friend is killed by Yeerks as collateral damage, and the book goes back to being Megamorphs #1 Helicopter Edition afterwards. I can see why people might hate this book or think it's stupid, but I adored every bit of the buffalo.

Last edited by Kalir; 10-19-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalir View Post
Imagine being an ant suddenly faced with the individuality, senses, and instincts of a human. Cassie is almost murdered by a constantly screaming doppelganger of herself armed with ant mandibles and extra legs.
If this isn't the cover art for this book, I will riot.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:55 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Default WHY YES I AM GOING TO TWO COMPLETELY SEPARATE SERIES OF POSTS FOR EACH SET OF COVERS.

BOOKS 31-35

BOOK THIRTY ONE: WHEN THEY SAY "IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD," BELIEVE IT....

HMMMMMM.

HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Yeah okay. COVER GRADE: B

BOOK THIRTY TWO: EVERYTHING CHANGES. BUT NOT QUITE LIKE THIS....

This is the most phoned-in main series cover so far. I mean, you know a starfish's mouth is on it's underside right? There should be all sorts of body horror going on here as her mouth is traumatically relocated to her stomach! But nope! You can see her totally not-fucked-up face as far as the second to last morph! Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. COVER GRADE: F-

BOOK THIRTY THREE: CHANGE HAPPENS. WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT...

I'm notably lukewarm on most of the BLOO MANG covers, and I still think the drawing of the OL' BLEU looks pretty bad, but this one's actually pretty great. I love how they split the difference between a hawk and a horse by just throwing another pair of hawk legs on it, that I'm almost willing to overlook how they totally failed to make his wings transform into hands. Also there's this.

Ahahahahahahahaha hell yes. COVER GRADE: A

SIDE STORY: VISSER

Look at this dumb motherfucker trying to act all hard. What a nerd. Fuck off, nerd. COVER GRADE: C-

BOOK THIRTY FOUR: WHAT YOU DON'T KNNOW CAN'T HURT YOU. EXCEPT FOR THE YEERKS...

If there's one thing that sells me on this one, it's Cassie's neck in the first transition image. It reminds me of the Irritability comic where Exoth creates a clone of himself with a 4-ft long neck for no reason. I don't have time to find in the archives right now. Irritability is fucking awesome. COVER GRADE: B-

BOOK THIRTY FIVE: THE PROPOSAL

Poor kid looks like he's had it... Ruff. BA-DUM-TISSS! COVER GRADE: C

Last edited by BEAT; 10-19-2017 at 07:56 AM. Reason: AND I'M GOING TO DO THEM CONCURRENTLY USING DIFFERENT FORMATS AND ONE OF THEM WILL HAVE HIGHER QUALITY SCANS THAN THE OTHER. THESE ARE ALL CHOICES I MADE ON PURPOSE.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:59 AM

VAGUELY RELATED: I MENTIONED IRRITABILITY IN THE LAST POST AND THIS IS THE MOST RECENT NON "BAD" COMIC.

IT FEELS APPROPRIATE.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:18 AM
Crabjörn

I'm hungry. I will toast up a bagel.

Once it's done, I'll write up about Book 40: The Other. Of course, I am typing this over time, while you will read it all RIGHT NOW. Weird, right?

Okay then. We start off with Marco taking it easy at home, channel surfing, and he happens to hit a channel about cryptids. And as it happens, there's some blue horselike creature captured on a split second of bad camera footage! TO THE BATCAVE! ...Which is, of course, Ax's scoop in the woods, which has cable he may not have completely stolen. Marco asks Ax how likely it is that someone caught either him or Visser Three on camera, and he replies that the odds of either are very low, as we already know by now.

After a silly take on the zoom-enhance argument (Tobias just has eagle eyes which can totally pick out details on blurry camera footage) the group realizes that they are faced with a third, totally unknown Andalite. The giveaway is that this guy is what Ax calls a vecol, which is the kind of word a jackass insensitive kid might use when confronted with another kid in a wheelchair. See, Andalite #3 only has half a tail. And since morphing heals injuries, and all Andalites in the military are provided morphing tech, he must be one of the rare few incapable of doing so even with the Escafil device.

Tobias also recognizes the clearing in the recording, so the three of them head there to investigate. They don't find the wounded Andalite, but they do find a fourth one built like a brick house, with a tail blade like a waraxe. This guy is Gafilinan-Estrif-Valad, and he was one of the two fighter pilots who survived the fight above Earth. His ship, upon taking serious damage, crashed into the ship of his shorm, Mertil-Iscar-Elmand, dragging both to Earth. Gafilinan's injuries were superficial, but Mertil's tail was severed. Gafilinan doesn't say much to everyone immediately, except for "back off and leave us alone, we want nothing more to do with the war."

Which, of course, means the Animorphs track him down to his home. If nothing else, the dude has seen Marco's human form, and therefore they have to know if he's on their side. They arrive at his cover house, which is bristling with hidden high-tech defenses on the outside and looks like a home catalog on the inside. Gafilinan gives Marco a few "warning shots" that only count as such because morphing heals you, but then as everyone regroups, he suddenly shudders out of nowhere, as though wracked by pain.

Upon doing so, his demeanor changes a bit, and he invites them in. Wishing to meet with their prince, he explains his story of the crash, the cover they built to sustain their hideout, his interest in gardening which has let him cultivate some Andalite plants to eat, and so on. Marco takes the time to acquire one of the bees hanging out in the greenhouse while Gafilinan and Ax share a bit of illsipar root, but not much comes of this meeting save for Gafilinan's request to meet their prince.

Some bee-based intel gathering later (and despite being social insects, bees aren't nearly as horrifying for Marco to morph into even near a hive, it's less a machine and more a commune) and we find out two very important things. First, Mertil isn't actually at the cover home at all, and hasn't been there for some time, or ever. And second, Gafilinan's motives, which have been somewhat strange and contradictory, are explained by realizing he has Soola's Disease, a genetic disease not dissimilar from early-onset arthritis, but generally more lethal. The illsipar root works as a pain reliever for it.

Which in turn explains Gafilinan's shift from "leave me alone" to "let me see your leader": since the disease is genetic, it can't be healed by morphing, but if Gafilinan acquires another Andalite, he can lock himself in that new form and dodge the issue entirely. Ax explains that such an act is considered taboo on his homeworld, which is right about the time Marco (and Cassie to a lesser extent) comes down on him for his really ableist views. It doesn't really seem to take, but it does make me like Marco considerably more.

Now having the knowledge necessary to get the truth out of him about Mertil, they confront Gafilinan about everything. And it turns out that they were only slightly right about it. As it happens, Visser Three has Mertil hostage, and is offering his safe return through blackmail: bring me a morph-capable Andalite, and I'll spare your useless friend's life. Obviously, Gafilinan himself is useless as well, but he's willing to risk what he can to save Mertil's life.

The Animorphs offer a new option: track Mertil through their shared telepathic link with Gafilinan and ransack the joint to free him! This mission goes about as well as most of their missions do, where everyone gets their fair share of injuries in the process, but they do eventually break Mertil out. The two of them are incredibly grateful, and Gafilinan requests that they leave him alone, as the blindness heralding the end stages of the disease is setting in, and he wants to spend his last days in the company of his best friend.

This book isn't really important in any way, but the gay Andalite friends have a really sweet story, and Marco provides the cherry on top by visiting Mertil later and saying "hey, I know how it is living alone after a loved one dies, if you want someone to talk to or hang out with, you know where to find me".

I'll be writing up the Ellimist Chronicles next, even though they came out like seven or so books after this one. It's a very self-contained story with no spoilers for anything going on.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Half-Ninja

Actually, the prologue and epilogue to the Ellimist Chronicles are... kinda spoilers? Depends on your view of spoilers I guess
Old 10-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Mystery Contraption

I thought Andalites could morph anyway and the Escafil just let other aliens do it too.

So this book was important for my continued understanding of the plot.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM
Crabjörn

The Ellimist Chronicles are the backstory of everyone's favorite well-intentioned spacetime meddler, as told by the dude himself to one of the Animorphs. As rogue mentioned, the circumstances of this retelling are slightly spoilery, but it doesn't factor into the story at all, so we will skip it.

Long, long ago, far removed from all the other alien races we've seen so far, we find the Ketran civilization. If you're familiar with the term "extremophiles", you know that most organisms that fall under that category are microbial, but the Ketrans are a full-fledged sentient species, which makes their homes upon crystals rendered buoyant through a combination of the atmosphere's density and their own personal lift. The surface of the planet is inhospitable for many reasons, including lava swamps, acidic vapors, and high background radioactivity, but the Ketrans have a bunch of effective floating crystal continents.

Most Ketran free time is spent linked up to their crystal to help lift it, but they have an intra-crystal network that functions like our own Internet. Our story starts with one such Ketran, whose chosen name is Toomin and whose game name is Ellimist, entering a match with fellow gamer Inidar. The game is... oh no. NOT AGAIN

Alien Civilizations is a competitive game in which each player takes their own spacedudes and, with the smallest possible change (i.e. percentile changes to reproduction rate), attempts to claim victory. Toomin makes his move and is promptly thrashed by Inidar, who saw his idealistic move coming from a mile away and countered. Our protagonist, ladies and gentlemen: a losing gamer.

Anyway, there's a few events coming up for the Equatorial Main Crystal. They're developing an interplanetary craft to scout out an area rumored to have intelligent life in the form of the Capasin, who have so far destroyed their scouting drones. First contact of the friendly sort would be nice, and it's hard to convey that with bots. And wouldn't you know it, Toomin's neighbor Lackofa sponsored him to be on the nonessential crew! Something about "we have lots of brilliant people onboard, but no brilliant losers". Lackofa has the driest sense of humor around and is pretty cool.

Anyway, a few things to build up minor characters, like Toomin's awkward high school tier lady friend Aguella and the rebellious challenger Menno from the Polar Orbit High Crystal, but none of that really matters in the grand scheme of things, because the Capasin show up as the final touches are being put on the Ketran ship, and the Capasin greet them with a combo of beam and flechette weaponry. Toomin, Lackofa, and Aguella see their home torn to pieces, and jump to Z-Space with a Capasin fighter lodged in their shields. Toomin manages to kill them with a desperate attack from a crystal spar, but they're suddenly faced with a hostile alien invasion they have no preparation for. Hell, Toomin's violated one of their Five Laws just by killing a single invader.

Coming back to the planet, Toomin steals the Capasin fighter and manages to destroy the main Capasin ship with it, saving a handful of people from the Polar Orbit High Crystal. Menno reveals what, exactly, provoked the Capasin attack, which would seem ruthless and cruel to most outsiders. See, those crazy Polars figured out a way to transmit data through radio waves, even amidst the background radiation of their planet, and tested it by sending deep space transmissions. In particular, they sent game data to test traffic. The Capasins caught these transmissions without seeing they were games, and assumed that the Ketrans were literally toying with the lives of other alien species.

The Ketran ship, now dubbed the Searcher, takes the sorry crew through the cosmos in search of a viable homeland. But that's the thing about extremophiles: deprived of their unique niche, they don't have many places they can live in. Menno argues, quite rightly if you ask me, that they should be doing more to recognize viable planets, but that's like asking a bunch of humans to suddenly become adapted to deep-sea survival. It's not easy!

Eventually, they find a blue oceanic moon, which they decide to scout not because there's any hope of colonization, but because the lifeforms there might be interesting. And unfortunately, they're right: the Ketran ship is seized by an organism that literally covers the entire planet, dragging everyone to their deaths in the ocean... except for Toomin. They see themselves back at the game with Inidar. Only that's impossible, Inidar died in the initial Capasin attacks.

The organism that controls the moon refers to itself as Father, and it has a pretty horrifying capability: it can preserve and interact with the minds of anything it seizes as prey. Toomin was the only survivor of the crash, and whenever Father isn't interacting with Toomin, he is treated to the sight of a subsea graveyard, all of the last people he's ever known skewered through with tentacles from a planet-sized creature. Toomin is kept alive for one simple reason: Father is lonely, and wants a companion to play games with.

On the one hand, Toomin is a gamer, and thus proves for reasonable competition for Father. On the other hand, he's also phenomenally bad, and while he wins a few here and there, he keeps trying to do different garbage that usually fails. This changes once Toomin gets invited to a game of music. For all the games and knowledge they've absorbed, Father displays extremely little innate creativity. Toomin, though, he is a loser through and through, and it takes that kind of person to make the best damn music you never heard sealed in a person's mind under the dead ocean.

From this point on, Toomin doesn't just win games, they win decisively. Father gets driven into such a losing streak that they are forced to withdraw, and Toomin can now reach through the links they left behind to access the minds of everyone Father has claimed. They eventually work their way back far enough to absorb every mind that has ever crashed onto Father's planet, concluding with Father's monocellular base mind.

Of course, having all those minds stuck within oneself isn't very healthy for you, so Ellimist retreats to the island where Father stored all the junked ships and goes to work with ridiculous salvage and machinework. They go full transketranist, creating a mashup of organic and physical form that lets them safely house the planet's worth of alien minds. Taking this form, they leave the corpse of a planet behind and travel the galaxy alone.

This is where we get to the Ellimist as intergalactic meddler, although there's no Crayak yet. The first thing they do is stop a war between two races on linked-orbit planets, the Jallians and the Inner Worlders, by desynching their orbits and scattering an asteroid field between them. This is within the realm of possibility for a highly advanced spacecraft, which is what he effectively is now. This act also gives them their purpose, to study and learn from live and civilizations, and to subtly aid them in turn.

Unfortunately, he's not the only fish in these waters, and doing so gets the attention of Crayak. Crayak is no more explained here than in the mainline books, save for their motivations: they want to play games, with the lives of alien races at stake. He's even been tailing the Ellimist for sometime, undoing a few of his more clever solutions to problems faced by aliens. And Crayak fights dirty: he sets up before the Ellimist even reaches where he is, and the games are extremely cruel by design.

For example: the first one has Crayak sending three asteroids on a collision course with three alien races: the Capasin, the Folk, and the Laga. Crayak's set a mine in one of the asteroids, which will blow it up before it impacts, and he challenges the Ellimist to fire upon one of the three himself. If he guesses right, only one alien race suffers a cataclysmic event, and if he guesses wrong, two do. The Ellimist guesses wrong, and Crayak says "well, you can stay here and try to save one of these dying alien races, but check out this OTHER death game over here!"

Eventually, the Ellimist gives up and flees to Z-space, far away from Crayak. They give up their massively powerful spacefleet of a body to live in simplicity among a stone-age alien civilization that you today know as the Andalites. The lesson they learn there from their wife is simple, but it's the second wind they need to keep fighting: even if beasts or disease or calamity take one child, you still have more. Life has to outpace death.

Taking this new philosophy, the Ellimist returns to space far from Crayak and goes extra ham on the betterment of life. Their best success was the creation of the Pemalites, an alien race that spread far beyond him and brought life and joy to all the corners of the galaxy. They continue to evolve themselves as well, and slowly Crayak's hold of death over the universe begins to diminish.

Realizing this, Crayak goes for an ambush on the Ellimist, but by this point the Ellimist has grown powerful enough to fight back and win. Their struggles cause loads of alien civilizations to die, but the Ellimist has Crayak on the ropes... until he draws the Ellimist to a black hole for a last stand. The Ellimist loses some ships to the black hole, including the one housing his original Ketran body. The link of consciousness between the two sides of the black hole is the final step in his ascension to effective godhood, and this new perspective on reality itself lets them see through time and space effortlessly.

The Ellimist is able to use this unique position to fight Crayak on terms they can't fathom, but eventually Crayak ends up joining them there. At this point, the two realize that they can't possibly hope to triumph in battle against one another without literally ending all of reality, and so they agree to the rules of the game they have played, and are playing, in the main series.

I doubt I'd have time to go into the stories of all the alien races that are given throughout this book, and there's really a slew of different stories being told, which I've only brushed the surface of. I didn't think much of the Ellimist when I read the books as a kid, but I really liked the Ellimist Chronicles, both then and now.
Old Today, 10:50 AM

ESPORTS IS GOD.

Tags
anda-light novels , animorphs , body horror for kids , brain slugs , crocobear , cronenberg's creatures , teens with attitude , war is hell , worst space horse