The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Let's Play Already

Old 09-29-2017, 10:12 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Eleni is surrounded by a pair of independently rotating circles that expand and contract. I mean, it doesn't look like evil blood magic...

Then the stars that make up those circles peel off one at a time to move towards the sword.

Did it... did it work?

I'm not sure that I want to anymore...

Ash doesn't hesitate, though. I'm sure it's fine.

I'm sure it's fine...

And that's the end of the penultimate chapter! The little girl that we were supposed to take care of got swallowed up by a hole in time and space, but she gets better, I guess, so we're not sweating it? Now that we have our magical macguffin, it's finally time to head back home drive it into Dolf's big, stupid, obviously evil face.

Next Time: SHOPPING TRIP!!!
Old 09-29-2017, 11:30 AM
Yes, let's feast!

"Hey guys I just remembered that I'm that person who just got sucked up and lost forever. Also I just remembered that I already knew how to open this thing."

As plot twists go, that's right up there with orphanage.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:57 PM
Holy Swine

I totally did not see that one coming.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:15 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
"Hey guys I just remembered that I'm that person who just got sucked up and lost forever. Also I just remembered that I already knew how to open this thing."

As plot twists go, that's right up there with orphanage.
I dunno, maybe (definitely) I'm too close to it, but I find this much less egregious. The timing is admittedly way too convenient, but I thought it was a totally cool twist as a kid, and I kind of still do now. There are little hints peppered throughout the game beyond just their similar appearance/names, like Eleni remembering the village burning down when you first show up (because she was there as a child and saw it happen) or Magnus' account of how he found her. Also, there's this weird little exchange:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post

Eleni continues to look way too cheerful as she gives Leena a pep talk.

It's kind of amazing that, in a game that plays so ridiculously fast and loose with punctuation, I'm still incredibly bothered by the absence of an oxford comma.

Apparently we're going to take a little girl with us to battle from now out. How could that ever go wrong?

There's a cute little animation here as Eleni kneels down to give Leena this pendant, which shines briefly as she's examining it.

"I was an orphan baby with only this pendant to show who I really was. I'm giving this to you because now I know who I am. I'm me! Someday you'll know what I mean... Let's go back to the others, okay?"

WHERE DID THE PENDANT COME FROM!? GAH, TIME TRAVEL PARADOX. This is the kind of shit that keeps me up at night.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:21 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

*Is drawn like a moth to a flame when pretentious Latin appears in an RPG.*

Quote:

Another magic square, more questionably appropriate Latin. This one loosely translates to "All that's fair must fade." I guess that's slightly more applicable?
A more literal translation of that phrase is "Thus passes the glory of the world."

Quote:

More Latin masquerading as Biruni, this time meaning "now or never". At least this phrase seems reasonably appropriate to the situation.
That first word should be nunc.

Quote:

Uh... I don't so much like the sounds of that, though. And what's the Latin mean this time?

*JBear does a quick Google search*

"We who are about to die salute you."
Supposedly this was said by gladiators before they entered combat. But they prefaced it with Ave Imperator (Hail Emperor!)

Tags
. . . , magicalal